29: Coping

MIA KAZZANDRA's POV

A honk drags me back to reality as six black cars closed us in, escorting us. The cars used by the couples still stayed ahead of us, and they too are escorted by black cars. Now I realized we're coming closer to a huge and tall structure, but I can't see it clearly.

After a few seconds, I finally saw it and I can't help but gasp. "That can't be someone's home. I refuse to believe!"

Dumbfounded, I gaze at the huge castle-like building in front of me. I thought I could only see this in other countries! I didn't know I would see something like this in Seoul. I know Carat Empire has the wealth to be proud of but I never knew it to be as overwhelming as this.

"Well believe it Mia Kazzandra, I live here." Joshua smirks cutting the ignition. We stop in front of the entrance, two big crystal doors wide open but I don't think I want to see everything inside.

Joshua climbs out and walks to my side; he opens the door and offered his hand in front of me. I took his hand and grin at him. "You're not fooling me, Joshua Hong. You're no gentleman."

My feet step on the ground, the cool evening breeze hitting my skin making me inwardly shiver. He kissed my hand. "My family is finally going to meet the girl that made the walls I made for so many years crumble easily."

I lightly slapped his shoulder. "Don't say that! I don't want to get inside as red as a tomato."

He laughs and shook his head. The others and Irene approach us, all of them beaming.

A tall man in a black suit appears next to Joshua and bows. "Welcome back Sir Jisoo." He says, he stayed in a bowing position until Irene stood next to me. Joshua gestures him to stand, the man clamps his hands together and lowers his head avoiding eye contact. "Sir Jisoo, your parents have been informed that you've arrived." Joshua nods and the man steps aside.

He hooks his arms with mine giving me a comforting smile. "Ready?"

"As I'll ever be." I sigh.

"Remember Kazzandra, you don't have to please anyone. Just be yourself." He said. I nod taking in a deep breath.

This is it Mia Kazzandra. Just be yourself and do not over think and most importantly, keep track of your words.

Keep track of my words. Keep track of my words. Keep track of my words.

I repeat the mantra hoping that I could really do that. This is not the time for me to motor mouth.

Joshua with the others ahead of us, Seungcheol and Taerin leading our group leads us in, people in black suits standing by the door and others walking came to an abrupt stop and bowed. I bit my lip, my breathing erratic. Joshua noticed it and gave me a comforting smile. I gave him a faint smile in return.

We step in; I immediately heard the soft tune of a classical piano but the song isn't familiar to me.

"It's Chopin's Prelude in E-Minor." Joshua says ad if reading my mind.

I bit my lip harder, ignoring his words. I can feel eyes on me, on us.

I boldly let my eyes roam again, and I'm right, we're inside a massive ballroom. Tall glass windows were on the west side illuminating the moon from outside, a big chandelier on top of us, glasses clink and soft laughter flows around. Everything looks elegant.

 Everything looks elegant