Captured By The King

By julia_vida

Felicity Lowell is part of the royal family. She was raised to be a queen. Every human being looked up to her... More

One • Felicity
Two • Dimitrius
Three • New
Four • Disgust
Five • Coronation
Six • Vengeance
Seven • Prevail
Eight • Inescapable
Nine • Stolen
Ten • Revelation
Eleven • Prophecy
Twelve • Family
Thirteen • Bitten
Fourteen • Music
Fifteen • Garden
Sixteen • Chaos
Seventeen • Sorceress
Eighteen • Journal
Nineteen • Regrets
Twenty • Rescue
Twenty-one • Agreement
Twenty-two • Wolves
Twenty-three • Sincerity
Twenty-four • Dinner
Twenty-five • Waves
Twenty-six • Fun
Twenty-seven • Moon
Twenty-eight • Deception
Twenty-nine • Struggle
Thirty • Fighter
Thirty-one • Beaten
Thirty-three • Alive
Thirty-four • New Beginnings
Thirty-five • Seduction
Thirty-six • Angel
Thirty-seven • Succubus
Thirty-eight • Kinky
Thirty-nine • Love
Forty • Queen
Forty-one • Seraphina
Forty-two • Tricked
Forty-three • Healing
Forty-four • Awaited
Forty-five • Captured

Thirty-two • War

22.2K 957 150
By julia_vida

I thought that I finally found my peace when the hands of the man I was destined to be with caught me before I fell. Dimitrius wrapped his arms around me, expressing so much of his need of me. I knew that from this moment, he was never letting me go and so was I.

We are in this fight together with his vampires to defeat the one and only evil, Dominic.

But the peace I felt seemed to last for a matter of seconds when my heart bled more than the wounds that pained me. I was so distracted by Dimitrius' gaze that I didn't notice the war that was happening.

"Stop hurting my daughter for something I have done, you coward!"

I couldn't be mistaken by her voice, it was too familiar to confuse it with someone else. She called me her daughter, something that I never thought would be real.

Mary is my mother, the woman who carried me in her womb, the woman who gave life to me. Though my memories were vague, her love for me has always been clear. I looked up to her as my second mother, not as a palace servant but now, a new revelation, a piece to complete the puzzle of the hole in my heart.

I have found her, the woman whom I desperately wanted to see, finally, someone I can call as my mother.

The voices weren't loud screams, they were all whispers. I only saw, heard, and felt Dimitrius when he found me but the time passed and everything made sense.

My emotions were threatening to come to the surface but I could not let them, not now that I have the battle to win.

Vampires were fighting each other and I did not know whether we were on the winning side or not, some of the faces I reckoned with looked familiar and the thought of them dying, saddened me.

Then, I searched for Dominic, the heartless beast along with Mary, my mom. Where were they? I looked back and I was surprised to find myself alone, standing in the middle as if no one was noticing me. Even Dimitrius wasn't here anymore.

I blinked once more and another scene unfolded before me and I wished I had never seen it because it would surely be something that would haunt me for the rest of my life.

"Dominic, don't let your beast consume you."

"This is not the way to end all of this."

"Kill me instead."

"Who's the desperate one now, brother?"

"Kill yourself, now."

"Felicity, no!"

My heart suddenly stopped, I couldn't feel anything. The world around me spun and all I saw was darkness. No pain, no anything. Just silence and the drowning in my chest.

Their exchange of words felt like rapid fires, every second, leading to my death. The look on Dimitrius' face as Dominic captured my eyes, removed my vervain ring and compelled me to end it all.

Yet it didn't. I opened my eyes and found myself still in Dimitrius' arms and I wasn't dead. What was that I just saw? It was my own death but how?

I stood up, trying to regain my balance and Dimitrius held my wrist, he examined it like there was something going on and when I looked at it, a mark was there.

A rose with tainted blood.

We both knew what it meant, I knew why I saw my death. The time has come when I finally needed it, Rosaleen gave me her gift of visions and now, I know the terrifying end of the war that will be my fate. Death.

"What did you see?" Dimitrius tried to get his answers from me but I was caught up with what was really happening. This time, it's not a vision anymore, it is the spiteful reality of the prophecy.

"Felicity, focus your eyes on me, tell me what your vision was!" Still, I didn't answer him, I was in a frantic sense and all I wanted to do was to put peace in this chaos.

"Find my mother, please." Those were the only words that came out of my mouth but Dimitrius dared not to leave my side. So I screamed, "Find my mom and keep her out of this war zone!"

He still didn't oblige so I grasped the knife that was placed on his side and my determination consumed my fear. I am ready to bring him down. For Rosaleen, for Odette's child, for my mom, for the Felicity that was before she became a Lowell.

"Looking for someone?" The fighting between everyone ceased, the air's silence became dense and suffocating. I knew that if I turned to see who was on the other side, it would be Dominic with someone I cared for.

Dimitrius took a step back and said, "Let her go, Dimitrius. I thought this was between the two of us, brother."

An evil laugh erupted when Dimitrius has said his last word. "It's between me and all of you, Dimitrius. It will always be between me and your precious mate."

I saw Dimitrius' hands clench and because I was brought up and that made me turn around and face them. Dominic was holding my mother's neck and her face told everyone that if he gripped tighter, he could end her life.

"Didn't you love her?" The question was from someone else, it was Odette's. "Oh, no, you don't. I had to put a protection potion in her to test you, Dominic. You left her for dead!"

Now the war included the witches. Odette didn't stop there, the tears she held back freely fell and she said, "You killed my child, Dominic! You killed my sister, my child, and I'm not letting you kill my niece as well!"

Sister. They were sisters which means, she is my aunt.

"What makes you think that a witch would end my life, Odette?" Dominic dropped my mother and charged at Odette but then, he wasn't able to come any closer to her because a boundary suddenly appeared.

"You're intelligent, Dominic. You know that I wouldn't be the one to end your pathetic life."

With that, all other witches appeared and spoke in a language that I couldn't understand. Slowly, word after word, the witches took down Dominic's vampires and they all laid unconscious on the ground.

"Thank you for the snack, Dominic, my wolves are a bit vampire-hungry today."

Alpha Lorenzo also came with his werewolf packs and the vampires turned into meat and flesh for the wolves to eat. Lorenzo looked at me and nodded in acknowledgment. Odette, Amara, and Genevieve, we all shared glances before looking back at Dominic.

I expected him to be in shock that all his allies were down but it wasn't the case, he stood there with proud and pride like he won the game. With Dimitrius beside my mother, the sorceresses beside the werewolves, and Katherine along all other vampires behind me, it was only a matter of time before this war ends.

"Give up, Dominic." My words came like a growl, a stern, and firm demanding voice that was laced with authority, just like Queen Felicity Lowell.

Dominic still looked emotionless as he said, "I don't back down, Felicity. You're just a weak human and I am a vampire, what do you have against me, huh?"

I wanted to laugh at his words, he surely underestimated my strength. Has he not learned from the past few days? That even if he uses my weakness and fear against me, I am one not to back down as well.

"I have myself and the supernatural world against you, Dominic."

My hands held the knife that was made in poison by Odette, I am ready to attack. The witches created a firewall that didn't let Dominic escape while the vampires held him down in place. I may have seen my death in that vision but it won't stop me.

I stepped inside the barrier, gripped my weapon tightly and listened to the beating pulse of my own heart. As it soon echoed in my ears, I plunged the knife down, straight into his heart and growled.

"This is for everyone you wronged!"

Silence filled everyone's hearing. It's finally over, I did it, killed him without getting his dirty blood in my hands. The wolves growled in unison, their eyes became a bright yellow color and the witches had their eyes in pure white color that somehow terrified me. Then, I looked at Katherine, her eyes were bloody red.

What have I done?

"You killed the wrong vampire, Felicity Lowell."

His voice sent shivers to my spine. I looked at Dominic and my eyes cried a thousand tears. He deceived me, I saw him, I saw him with my two eyes as I impaled him with poison. How did he appear in another body?

The body wasn't Domini's, it was Dimitrius'.

"No, no, no! Dimitrius, don't die, please, I am so sorry, no, you can't, it was meant for him!" My cries turned to screams as I held his face in my arms, his eyes were slowly closing, telling me that the poison had gotten in his heart.

"It's too late, Felicity," Dominic mocked. Everyone else in the room stood there, frozen. The vampires were slowly kneeling down, their king has been defeated and they have no other choice but to bow to Dominic.

He's not dead. Dimitrius once told me, "Not even death will take you away from me, Felicity." He will not die in my arms, I wouldn't let him.

I took the knife out, brought his lips close to my neck and whispered, "If you love me, let your beast out."

That was my only way of letting him heal, restore him with my blood. My waiting turned to minutes, I couldn't let him go, Dimitrius can't die, he has done so much for me and I repaid him by killing him.

"I am your new king, King Dominic -"

Before he could finish, I felt it, the pain, the misery, the hurt. He heard me, Dimitrius bit me, taking all of his mate's blood to heal his poisoned heart. His gulps were fast and big.

This time, I didn't fear that he would kill me, all that mattered was, he was still alive. I may die but Dimitrius would not and he would be the one to continue my fight.

Before my eyes closed, I whispered,

"My King."

• • • • •

Holy moses, 24.7K reads! Thank you so much for your support. Here's a chaotic and nerve-wracking chapter for everyone, I sincerely hope that it all brought you to the edge of your seats as you read it because it's my goal. The next chapter would be the very climax of this story so be prepared!

1.) Rate this chapter from 1-10, I hope it's not boring.

2.) Who thinks Felicity's vision would come true in the end?

3.) What can you say about the witches' and wolves' appearance?

4.) Any messages for any of the characters?

5.) Do you have any theories for the next chapter?

Don't forget to vote, comment, and share. See you in the next update!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

255K 9.2K 31
Blood suckers? Fiction? Well it would be in our generation, but before just humans, there were Vampires. And humans were slaves. Yes, slaves. In the...
8.7M 351K 47
Highest rank - #1 in Vampire ** In a world far beyond human imagination, into the deep roots of the vampire realm he ruled. For over a century, he's...
10.2M 260K 68
Arabelle's forced by her parents to get a vampire slave even though she detests having slaves. This is the adventures of having a vampire slave and f...
15.2K 797 39
Running from a life she doesn't want, Ari finds herself the personal slave of the most ruthless vampire in the known kingdoms. She can't go back, an...