Partners By Chance

By AurumHeart

Highest Ranking: #3 fiction "What were you going to say to her?" He looks down at me. "That we're not in lov... More

Chapter 1: Checking you out? In your dreams, perhaps.
Chapter 2: You are destined for him.
Chapter 3: That's like an insult to my reputation.
Chapter 4: You will catch flies, Amelia.
Chapter 5: He has a girlfriend!
Chapter 6: Let's play twenty questions.
Chapter 7: Oh! Don't you look gorgeous.
Chapter 8: Hashtag bae, hashtag party.
Chapter 9: He is so sweet!
Chapter 10: I'm fucking done with you, Liam!
Chapter 11: You're in denial, princess.
Chapter 12: I dare you to kiss Liam
Chapter 13: Busy making out with the bitch.
Chapter 14: It will be like a bro-like question.
Chapter 15: I missed you.
Chapter 16: You're so annoying!
Chapter 17: You look like a tomato.
Chapter 18: That feels good.
Chapter 19: Sweetheart.
Chapter 20: I love you, guys.
Chapter 22: Have fun while it lasts.
Chapter 23: Dude, that's my seat.
Chapter 24: La la land.
Chapter 25: Mr Black.
Chapter 26: It's a French restaurant.
Chapter 27: Love, X.
Chapter 28: Have you seen my girlfriend?
Chapter 29: You look hot as well.
Chapter 30: I know who it is.
Chapter 31: I'm so sorry.
Chapter 32: Hi, Ben.
Chapter 33: I'm looking for Camilla George.
Chapter 34: Brat.
Chapter 35: Let's google him!
Chapter 36: I don't like her.
Chapter 37: Never Have I Ever.
Chapter 38: You look like a princess.
Chapter 39: Ameliam Forever.
Chapter 40: Do you like babies?
Chapter 41: I love you.
Chapter 42: What's going on?
Chapter 43: That was rude.
Chapter 44: Get a room, guys.
CAST
Chapter 45: Oh. My. God.
Chapter 46: Catfish!
Chapter 47: Romeo and Juliet.
Chapter 48: What do you want from us?
NEW STORY ALERT!!!
Chapter 49: We know who X is.
Chapter 50: Choose me.
Chapter 51: Smileeee.
Chapter 52: Don't make me feel bad.
Chapter 53: Karl Lagerfeld.
Chapter 54: That's the fucking plan.
Chapter 55: Salted caramel.
Chapter 56: He's gone.
Chapter 57: I wasn't in love with him at all.
Chapter 58: The chemistry is natural.
Chapter 59: I can sense it when you're lying.
Chapter 60: I love everything about you.
Chapter 61: I'm not married.
Chapter 62: Happy Birthday!
Chapter 63: July it is.
Chapter 64: We love you, dad.
Chapter 65: The End.
Epilogue: The Final Chapter.
Married By Chance (Sneak peek)
Married By Chance (Out Now)

Chapter 21: It's a love story.

23.8K 698 108
By AurumHeart

Elle Smith's (Amelia's mum) outfit above.

Amelia Smith

"Amelia."

"Yes, mother?"

"You have a photoshoot next Saturday." She brought while we were eating at the Roberto Cavalli cafe together.

Damn!

"What for?" I ask probably with a scowl on my face.

There was a time when I enjoyed all those photoshoots and interviews but I don't anymore.

"There's this article about your father that's coming out next month and they want your photos since you're his first child." She tells me before picking up a phone call.

My own phone flashes since it was silent so I picked it up and saw a message from Emily.

Emily💗: What time should I come over to yours?

After Liam and I finished texting yesterday, I called her and Nicole and told them that Liam said it was a date so they both promised to come over and help me get ready.

Me: 4:00pm.

I reply and keep the phone back on the table.

My mum ends her phone call with a sigh and she looks at me.

"Let me guess, work?" I chuckle.

"I turn off my work phone on weekends, Amelia." She says in a bored tone and looks out the window.

"What if there was an emergency or something went wrong?" I raise my eyebrow at her.

"They can call your father. Stop talking about work, please. What do you want us to do today?" She smiles.

"I have plans."

"With who? Your books?" She asks worriedly. "Honey, it's Saturday. Don't stay locked up in your room. Let's do something fun."

My mum hates it when I stay at home on weekends and I tend to do that a lot. She always wants me to go out and chill my friends.

Today, she wanted a mother-daughter day. That's why she suggested having this breakfast/brunch together.

"I wasn't planning on spending the day with my books. I'm going out with my friends." I inform her.

Telling her about my date is not a good idea right now because she will go crazy about not buying me what to wear or taking me to her favorite hair salon.

"Okay, that's great. I hope you have fun."

****

"Oh my God! You look so beautiful." Emily squeals.

I look at myself in the mirror and I realize that she is right. I don't really look bad. My hair is up done and my makeup is light, just the way I like it. I'm wearing my Ralph and Russo heels that go perfectly with the dress.

Nicole comes out from my closet and hands me a small jewelry box which I instantly recognize. It has the diamond bracelet I bought in Paris.

"Wear that." She commands.

I put on the bracelet then Emily speaks. " Guys let's go downstairs. Liam has been waiting for over forty minutes."

"What? Really?" I widen my eyes.

"Yes."

****

We go downstairs and I say goodbye to Emily and Nicole. Apparently, they are sleeping over because it will be better if I tell them about my date in person and they can't wait till tomorrow.

I go outside and I see Liam leaning against his black limo, checking his wristwatch.

He really looks sexy.

Liam's outfit.

"Hey there." I see speak and he looks up.

He stares at me in awe and opens his mouth to speak but nothing came out.

He opens his mouth again and speaks this time.

"Come here." He says in the sexiest voice I've ever heard.

I walk over to him and he holds my hands in his, bringing them to his lips.

"You look very beautiful, sweetheart." He says as he kisses my hands.

"Thanks, Liam. You also look handsome." I blush and he chuckles.

It's really cold so I began rubbing my arms. I wish I can go back inside and change into a long-sleeved dress or something.

"Why didn't you bring your coat? It's freaking cold outside!" He scolds.

I smile sheepishly. "Sorry, just give me five minutes. I'll go inside and bring it."

"I have something in the car why don't you try it first. If you don't like it you can go back and change." He says.

He opens the car door and brings out a black Louis Vuitton coat. I put it on and it actually looks good on me.

He looks at me and smiles. "Great."

We get into the car as someone opens the door for us. I sit down on the comfortable leather seats, admiring the nice interior of the limo.

"Where are we going?" I look up at Liam who has his arm wrapped around me.

"We're going on a date."

"I know that. I mean where are you taking me." I roll my eyes.

"It's a surprise. Why did you change your hair?" He changes the topic.

"I didn't change it. I just had it done up." I laugh.

"Well, it looks nice. It shows your beautiful neck." He leans down and plants a kiss on my neck.

"Don't do that!" I whisper yell with a moan following behind.

"Why? You're all mine tonight. I can do whatever I want and besides, you're enjoying it."

Cocky as ever.

He keeps peppering the kisses and it feels so good. I'm moaning silently, running my fingers through his hair.

No one has ever made me feel this good.

He finds my sweet spot and he begins sucking it. "Liam, babe." I moan.

I gently push his head back and he looks alarmed. "Sweetheart, I'm so sorry. It's just that you look so beautiful and I couldn't help myself." He speaks and looks down.

Why is he apologizing?

"Why are you apologizing?"

"I thought you don't want me to." He bits his lips.

"No, I liked it. I just didn't want it to lead to something else." I blush.

"Okay." He smiles and I smile back.

"You called me babe with your voice all sexy. I loved it." He smirks.

I did?

"Really?"

"Yeah. I didn't know you could moan like that."

"Shut up." I chuckle and he stares at me.

"You really look pretty."

****

"Don't open your eyes!"

"I won't!"

We keep walking for like three minutes then Liam stops me.

"You can open your eyes now." He whispers in my ear.

I open my eyes and I gasp. It's a beach but we are the only people here. There's a table like five feet from where were standing. It's surrounded by a big heart-shaped light and there are lanterns everywhere.

The date.

"Do you like it?" Liam whispers in my ear from behind while his arms are around my waist.

"Yes, I love it!" I turn around and peck his lips.

"I'm glad that you do." He grins.

We walk towards the table and he pulls out a chair for me. I thank him and sit.

"So let's talk." He says as he sits.

And we did, we talked a lot not before eating obviously. About our families, our friends, our companies, high school.

"You were so into Jason back then." Liam scoffs.

"You know Jason?" I ask sounding surprised.

"He was your boyfriend. Of course, I knew him."

"So you were stalking me." I accuse.

"Sort of." He shrugs.

Unbelievable!

"But we never even spoke to each other." I remind him.

"Yeah but that doesn't that your father didn't ask me-" And he starts coughing. It was actually more of a fake cough.

"Liam, what were you going to say," I ask slowly.

"Nothing." He coughs again.

I'm sure he was going to say something related to my father.

"Fine." I huff, angrily.

I'm not really angry but that's the only way I'll get him to tell me.

"Amelia."

I ignore him.

"Amelia."

I look at the sea in front of me, pretending not to hear him.

"Sweetheart." He says sexily.

Damn him!

"Fine, I will tell you!" He surrendered.

"Okay." I smile at him.

"You're father asked me to keep an eye on you and make sure you don't hang out with bad people. Like a brother looking after his sister." He said and I widen my eyes. "But we both know that I never looked at you that way." He smirks.

Good. It will be weird if he ever looked at me as a sister and now we're kind of together.

I'm not surprised by my father's action really. He's an overprotective person. What I couldn't believe was Liam was looking out for me all that time.

"But you were my senior by a year. How did you do it?"

"I have my ways."

I suddenly remember dirty Elliot. He was the man whore of our high school. He used to bother me but one day he stopped. He came and apologized saying that he didn't want to mess with 'him'. I kept asking him who 'him' was but he refused to talk.

"Dirty Elliot? Was it you that told him to stop bothering me?"

"Nope, that was Adams," Liam answers casually and my mouth drops.

"Adams? As in Colton Adams?"

"Yes, sweetheart." He replies in a bored tone.

"But why?" I ask completely confused.

"I spoke to dirty Elly first but he didn't listen so I asked Colton since he's a little bit scarier than me." He explains.

Wow!

After a while, Liam and I start strolling around the beach with our hands locked together.

"So are you enjoying yourself?" He asks.

"Yes, thank you." I give his hand a squeeze. He brings mine to his lips and kisses it.

"You didn't tell me that you like me. I don't know how you feel about me." He says softly.

I roll my eyes in my mind. Isn't it fucking obvious! Of course, I like Liam. Probably more than he likes me.

"Why do I have to say it? You should know." I say.

"But I don't know, Amelia. I said it to you like two weeks ago and you haven't said anything."

I just shrugged not knowing what else to say. I know I'm acting a little bratty right now but I can't help it. That's how I am!

Some few minutes later, we go back to the table and but Liam is still quiet so I look around the beach and I instantly felt bad. He did all this for me and I couldn't say just those three words to him.

I get up from my seat and I go over to him. I sit on his lap and put my hands on his neck. I crash my lips on him and he instantly put his own arms around me, pulling me closer.

I don't know whether we're kissing for five minutes or five hours and my mouth feels bruised, but I can't let go. Because it feels so good to be held.

Liam's arms tremble as they hold me and his heartbeats hard against me and I know that whatever I'm feeling is mutual. I break the kiss and I look into his eyes.

"I really like it. I'm sorry I didn't say it earlier." I smile at him, blushing from the kiss.

He sighs. "I'm sorry I pressured you into saying that. It was selfish of me."

"No, I acted selfishly for not telling you how I feel." I look down. "It's not fair."

"Hey look at me. You're mine, okay? Whether you tell me like me or not. You belong to me and I knew that since the day Henley partnered us up." He says and we kiss again.

I get off his lap and pull him up with me.

"Where are we going?" He asks.

"We're going to play with the sea," I exclaim.

I don't have my heels on, thankfully. So I put my feet and start playing with the cold water. A wave comes and hits us causing me to giggle.

"Sweetheart, that water is cold. Come on." He drags me from the sea.

I glare at him. "You're no fun."

He pulls his iPhone out and plays Love Story by Taylor Swift. "May I have this dance?" He bows dramatically, holding out his hand

We were both young when I first saw you

I closed my eyes and the flashbacks start

I'm standing there

"You may, Mr. Black." I give him my hand.

He pulls me to him and I rest my head on his chest with his left hand on my waist and his left one locked with mine.

See you make your way through the crowd and say hello

Little did I know

Our bodies slowly start dancing to the music.

And my daddy said 'stay away from Juliet'

And I was crying on the staircase begging you please, don't go

He twirls me.

Romeo take me somewhere we could be alone

I'll be waiting, all there's left to do is run

I let go of him and start dancing on my own, also singing the song.

You'll be the prince and I'll be the princess

Liam looks at me with admiration as I sing with Taylor and dance.

It's a love story

Baby just say yes!

"I love this song," I tell him as I go back to him and we continue dancing.

He smiles. "I know."

Romeo save me, they're tryna tell me how to feel!

This love is difficult but it's real.

****

Hey guys! I will like to thank all of you for coming this far in my book. I'm really grateful. I can't believe that I've written twenty chapters already! You guys are amazing!

Don't forget to vote, comment, and share.

I want to know my readers.

Where are you from?

How old are you?

All the love.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

689K 29.3K 36
Isabella was not interested in falling in love. Marco was not looking for a relationship. The perfect combination for a foolproof agreement. Right? ...
363K 7.3K 49
all of his attention is on her no matter how he feels about her. He don't want to like her He don't want to want her He don't want to love her. But...
125K 5.3K 30
Aiden Black doesn't know the meaning of rejection. He doesn't care either; it's never stopped him from getting what he wants. While owning a strip c...
1M 35.9K 48
"What's your name?" He tries again. Should I tell him so he can shut up? Or will he just keep talking. "Fine. Don't tell me. But personally I think w...