One Affection

By NiallSquared

Caroline and her friends, Elaine, Ava, and Isabelle, were trying to make it through their senior year of high... More

Overview
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29

Chapter 11

85 2 1
By NiallSquared

Chapter 11

First and second period were over with so Liam, Niall, Harry, Louis, Zayn, Jack, Lainey, Josh, Preston, Belle, Ava, me and assorted others had our senior study hall.

Almost ever single we had study hall, I brought in my deck of cards, and Harry brought in his poker chips. Whoever wanted to play poker with us could. A lot of the times it was just Lou, Harry, Liam, Niall, Belle, Lainey and I, but today we got everyone mentioned before to play. I loved playing cards, but I wasn't that good, so I had to sit next to Harry and Niall who seemed to be pros.

Us girls sat with "our" boy. The one that we had interest in to be more exact. Ava and Preston sat next to each other, Belle and Josh, Lainey and Jack, me and Niall. And the other boys scattered in between.

"So, are you all set for tomorrow Josh?" Liam asked him.
"Oh absolutely. It's gonna be great. My older brother got everything ready for me. He'll be around for a little bit tomorrow night. He's equally as excited for this as I am." Josh replied.

We were all ready for tomorrow. It was going to be a big night. I was going to have my girls over to get ready, including our new friend Danielle. And Liam said he was going to come by and pick us up along with the other boys.

"Are you all coming?" Preston asked us.
"Absolutely." Niall answered for all of us.

The game had gotten pretty intense. I didn't know I could stay in much longer.

We had all checked the first time around, then Harry decided to bet. I went for a little while. Almost all my chips were gone. So I just went for it.

"I fold." I said and sighed. I hadn't won a hand in a few weeks.

 Harry and Niall nodded. They were peeking at my cards the whole time trying to help me. Only Louis, Josh, and Harry were still in. Lou folded, and then it was just Harry and Josh. Going head to head. And then, Harry pulled through, and won the pot just in time for the bell.

I had to pack up my cards, and Harry the chips. We stored them in the supervisor's desk. He didn't do much, just sat there on his computer.

But the room we were in was more of a lounge. It was a large room. There was a large table in the middle of the room, the one we played cards on. There was a pool table where some other scattered seniors played. A flat screen over the main desk which always had sports on, and couches and comfy chairs surrounding the perimeter of the room. Hardwood floors, with throw rugs, and mocha colored walls. It was the best room in the school.

I was going to be upset I would have to leave it next year.

We put our things in his desk. Liam and Niall were waiting for me so we could go off to Calc together.

Math was my absolute favorite subject. Every year in school I have loved it. I was one of the best at it in my class. It just came naturally to me. So Niall and Liam and everyone else were always bugging me to help them with their work.

We had 45 minutes of Calc everyday. And I loved those minutes. We had a lesson for 20 minutes, then got to work on the class work and homework in small groups.It's a good thing that only Liam and Niall are in my class that are my close friends, otherwise I would be swarmed. But they are both decent at math, they really didn't need my help. We breezed through class work and homework, so we started tomorrow's homework. And we finished that. So our work was done for tomorrow night, and now we could focus on getting ready for the party.

"Still on for lunch boys?" I asked them.
"Of course Sweet Caroline. Why would we bail out on you?" Liam said to me with a smile.

Niall smiled, nodded and finished writing down some notes in his school planner.

The lunch bell rang, I went to my locker to get my coat remembering it was chilly outside. I put my books away and place my school bag in the teacher's lounge where Ms. Watson (The art teacher) said she would look after it. And then waited for Lou, Liam, and Niall to show up.

A hand brushed my waist, and the butterflies. The damn butterflies that seemed to never go away.

It was Niall. Of course. Whenever he approached from behind he touched my waist. It had become his little trademark. He claimed he liked to see me turn from my tan color to scarlet when he did. Everyone knows that I blush very easily so they do things to
me on purpose now. Especially the boys. And he was right, I had the same sensation each time.

"Hello again. Where's Lou?" he questioned me.

He poked my blushing cheeks and started laughing. I slapped away his hand.

"I don't know, where's Liam?" I asked him with a small laugh.

We saw them both running down the hall. They stopped at the end, and waved us down.

We looked at each other confused.

"Hurry!" Louis yelled.

We broke into a run following them. We were out in the courtyard of the school and there was a crowd of people. Then I saw it.

Harry and Jack, in a full on fight.

"I have to break it up." Lou said.
"No. You can't you know what happened last time." Liam said to him.

I started walking toward the front. Niall was following close behind me. Josh and Preston were standing around looking at us. There were no teachers anywhere thank god. I looked over at the two boys again.

"Count of three. You get Harry, we'll grab Jack." Preston shouted at me.

It was loud. I could barely hear him. There was a lot of shouting at the boys.

I looked at Niall. He nodded.

"One." I yelled.
"Two." Josh yelled.
"Three!" we all screamed.

We ran full force in. I went right for the middle of them. Trying to push them off. Harry wouldn't try and hurt me, who knows what Jack would do to me. Preston had Jack's arms locked behind him in no time. I was pushing Harry as hard as I could with all of my weight against him. Josh was shouting at Jack, and Niall had managed to get Harry's arms under control. The two boys were shouting things back and forth.

"You son of a bitch!" Harry yelled at Jack.
"What the fuck? What is wrong with you?!" Jack yelled at him.
"First you go out with my best friend, then you make my other feel like shit yesterday? What is wrong with you?" Harry yelled back.

Hot angry tears were streaming down his face.

Our little team of four was doing our best to get them away from each other.

"What's wrong with Caroline? She can't stand up for herself? And Lainey loved me long before you. Quit being an ass." Jack shouted.

That got me mad.

"What the fuck is wrong with you!" Harry screamed.

We had finally managed to push Harry inside. He fell over onto the cool tiled floors. Liam and Louis were right behind us. Harry's tears began to fall. He pushed himself into the corner of the hall. His head I his knees crying.

"What the hell is wrong with you? Harry! What the hell was that!" I said to him as calmly as I possibly could.

His tears were just tears of complete and utter anger.

"Do you know what would happen if a teacher were outside? Or if someone called one you're lucky." Liam started.

We were all giving him looks. It was ridiculous. What on earth had gotten into him.

"I'm sorry. I'm so sorry. Caroline, Louis, Liam, Niall. I'm so sorry." Harry began as his tears were coming to an end.
"What the fuck happened?!" Liam said.

He didn't swear like that ever unless he was really demanding something.

"Liam. I'm so sorry." Harry said looking up at him apologetically.

His eyes like a puppy's. Something had truly upset him.

"I couldn't help it. I was walking by Jack and his idiot American friends getting ready for lunch with Lainey. We were supposed to go today. They were spitting rude things my way. We all know Jack and I don't like each other but they were just being brutal."

"What else happened?" Louis questioned.

"I tried to ignore them, but when I heard Jack say under his breath to one of those assholes and I quote 'Just wait until I swipe her v-card how mad that tool will be.' and that's when I charged at him." Harry explained.

I couldn't believe it. I told Elaine that I was going to give him a chance, but he was already trying to have sex with her! I knew that Jack was bad news all along. She would never believe me if I told her.

I just stood there gazing at Harry, whose tear stricken face looked genuinely hurt. And it was Niall who went to sit by him, Harry snuggled up to his side, and cried into his shoulder. Louis went to sit on his long time friend's other side with his arm stroking Harry's back trying to comfort and calm the poor thing.

My heart hurt just looking at this picture. Harry bawling his eyes out over Lainey's well being, and Niall's bear hug that pulled Harry in tight. And Louis trying to console him. It was too much for me to handle.

I slid down against the lockers and just thought of the event that had just taken place. Liam sat down by my side, he put his arm around me. We sat there in silence. My head was on his shoulder. A lump growing in my throat. Listening to Harry's muffled tears. I would not cry. I couldn't. I had to stay strong on behalf of Harry.

"I love her." Harry said through sobs.
"We know you do. She is your best friend, how could you not?" Niall said trying to calm him down.

Harry started to break away from his tears, break away from Niall. He looked at us all very seriously.

"No. I love Elaine." he said as steady as he possibly could.
"Like love?" Liam asked.
"She's the one I'm fighting for. I broke it all off with Cristina. I felt like shit doing that to her. But turns out she was seeing someone else already. That whore, I should've known. But Lainey, she is the one I secretly love with all of my heart." Harry confessed.

I looked at him square in the eyes. They are the things that I can see the most truth in. And he wasn't lying. Why else would he be crying into Niall's shoulder? Or crying in the Audi with me the other day? Or charge Jack for that matter?

"She doesn't deserve you. You're the one who has done everything for her." I said to him.

Harry stood up, and so did I. He walked over to me and kissed my forehead. I pulled him into a hug.

"I love you." he whispered in to my ear. "I'm gonna try. Thank you Holden."

I kissed his cheek and I pulled away a little. My hands still on his shoulders. His on my waist.

"Fight for her." I said to him seriously, looking strait in the eyes.

He nodded.

This was something that only happened in the movies. Dramatic scenes like this. Maybe my life has turned into one, but this was so much to handle.

I hugged him quick then pulled away. Nobody deserved him. He was too perfect for anyone.

Harry Styles fell in love with his best friend. I can honestly say, I didn't see that coming.

I helped Liam up and Harry helped up Louis and Niall.

The thing that happened next was too adorable. Niall pulled out his handkerchief and started blotting around Harry's eyes. We all smiled.

"Get out there." Niall said to him. "You've gotta win her over. You don't have any tears on your face now. Go."

Harry looked at Niall. They exchanged a smile. When Harry turned around and started walked away, Louis smacked his ass for some extra confidence. Harry turned around and stared at him. Louis gave him a wink. Harry laughed, and set off.

"I believe we had a lunch date." Liam said.
"I think we did." I said to him.
"Yeah, even after all the shit that happens in this school, I'm still always ready to eat." Niall said.

Boy did he have an appetite.

"Let's get going then." Lou suggested.

We all smiled at each other. We began to walk again into the courtyard so we could go off campus.

"Wait a second. Harry just told us he loves Elaine." I said realizing finally what had just went down.
"We've gotta help him." Louis said.
"It's going to take a lot to convince Lainey." Niall said.

It seemed as though Niall had been in our school, in our group of friends, forever. He understood everything now. I feel like I've known this kid forever. But in reality, it's been maybe 3 weeks. But I loved him already.

"It may not even happen." I said trying to be brutally honest.
"I know it." said Liam.

We dropped the subject after that last bit. When we got to the little sandwich place across from the school, we only had about 30 minutes until we had to get back. The whole fight had taken up half of our lunch hour.

"So when are we coming by your house tomorrow before Josh's?" Liam asked.
"When does the party start?" I asked.
"9 o'clock." answered Louis.
"9:15 then. That'll give us a 20 minute drive to his place, so we should show up with the crowd." I answered them.
"I'll have my mother's big car. Who needs to fit?" Liam asked again.
"Well, you three, Harry, Danielle, me, Lainey, Ava and Belle. Is there enough room?"
"It seats 7 so we'll find a way. And how are you all getting home?" Liam asked again.

We really did need a plan.

"Ava's older sister's boyfriend is picking us up. Since Ava's sister is going to be there. And we're staying at her sister's flat since it's about 3 minutes away." I answered.
"Is Danielle going with you all?" he questioned.

I had texted Danielle earlier in the week and she was very happy with the whole plan. She couldn't wait to spend time with all of us. So I'd say we're friends now. Which is sweet.

"Indeed she is. It's going to be a pretty crazy night." I answered him with a smirk.
"All I want to know is if it's going to be a good brew." Niall said completely serious.

We all started laughing at him.

"Hey, being Irish, I've been drinking top of the line beer since I was 13. While in my parent's presence. Don't be harsh!" he retaliated.
"Fair enough!" I said to him with a laugh.

We finished our lunch, and rushed back to the school. I had Phys Ed next with Niall, Preston and Zayn. We were playing football, or as Jack and his American friends call it, "soccer". After that, I had art with Zayn, then English with Lou and Liam, then Advanced Bio with Harry and Josh, and the Spanish with all of the boys and the girls.

And then the bell rang for the end of the day. I drove Niall and Zayn home, then texted the boys all night.

Tomorrow was the party.

I had never been so nervous in my life. It snuck up on me. But I was ready.

I could already hear Harry saying 'Let's do this poo.' like the crazy lad he is.

Bring it on.

End of Chapter 11.

What did you all think? Keep commenting, and remember to spread the word!

You can tweet at me @ElHolden1D (It has changed! Be aware!) and email me ElHolden1D@gmail.com. Or inbox me on here! 

Very sorry about me language in this chapter especially but in all of them before, and the future ones as well.

Tell me what you think! I really do want to know.

Love you all.

xx

El. 

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

Summer Love By A

Fanfiction

7.1K 237 31
One summer Anna and her friends have made friends with One Direction. As time flies by they all grew fond of each other and the girls catch themselve...
4.1K 72 21
When 5 best friends run into One Direction at an Ed Sheeran concert, everything goes wrong. As each of the girls fall in love with a member, the one...
18.2K 330 35
Paige; a 17 year old girl with a dream to visit her Australian pen pal. Chloe; Paige's bestfriend the only one who knows about Paige's past who can m...
629K 10.8K 69
Harry Styles is one of the students at Austin L High school , but he isn't like everyone else, he kind of runs the school, well he and his four mates...