Chapter 26

Chapter 26

(Next Morning. Caroline's Thoughts.)

I woke up at 5:30 as I always did.

The first day back from school after break was always the hardest to wake up for. I went to shower but realised I had already packed up the towels and a lot of other things anticipating my move in the next few weeks. I went out to my room and grabbed a towel then got started. I finished showering and got out and blow dried my hair. I was in my towel when I heard a knock at the door.

"Who is it?" I called.

"Ana." My sister said quietly.

"Can I wait until breakfast?" I asked annoyed.

"Fine." she answered.

I pulled the dark green skinny jeans and white sweater with the navy stripes I was going to wear to dinner at Maura's that one night. Hopefully Lou and I wouldn't be matching this time. I put on my new dog tags which I realised had even more carved into them then they did before. Niall was sneaky about taking them. I found my black Toms and walked off downstairs.

"Where's Mum?" Asked Ana as she put toast in the toaster.

"She works. Remember?" I said.

"Oh right. Well about what I was trying to say this morning, are either Niall or Liam picking you up this morning?" She asked.

"No I'm driving today."

"Well will you tell them both I'm sorry? For yesterday."

"No." I stated.

"But why not?" She whined.

"You have to tell both of them yourself."

"Fine."

I grabbed an apple off the island and bit into it.

"Is Will walking with you today?" I questioned her.

"Yes. Why?"

"Tell him to come in. I'd like to meet him."

"You really want to meet him?"

"Mum said he's better than Jack. I want to know who my kid sister has been spending all of her time with." I said.

We spent the rest of the morning not talking to each other until the doorbell rang.

"I'll get it." Ana said still annoyed.

She walked out of the kitchen to answer when I got a text.

Zayn.

'Can I get a ride today? It's a little cold out.'

'Anytime. Come over in like 10 minutes.'

I locked my phone and looked up.

"Hello, you must be Will. I've heard nothing but good things about you from my Mum. It's nice to meet you." I said as politely as I could holding out my hand.

"You're Caroline. Not at all how Jack and Elaine described you." Will answered me in his thick Boston accent while shaking my hand with a firm grip.

This kid looked exactly like Jack. Same haircut, same bone structure, same clothing sense, in fact Jack might have worn the tie he had on the day before break. I couldn't believe nor handle the resemblance.

"You've talked to Elaine?" I asked.

"Yeah, she a Ana are quite a lot alike actually. So sometimes the 4 of us will hang out together." He said me.