Chapter 1

Chapter 1

I sat there in the back corner of the room hiding behind my glasses.  Just waiting for my best friend Elaine Wander to come in.  I didn’t know what else to do besides sit.  She wasn’t coming in until the middle of the period, so I just had to wait.  I had first period Global History everyday in the morning.  We have to worst teacher and it is the worst subject.  I have learned this  during the past month.  But today something interesting happened, but it had nothing to do with the Atlantic Slave Trade.  

“Good morning class.” said Mr. Greyson.

“Good morning Mr. Greyson.” our class groaned.

“Today we are welcoming a new student, so please treat him with respect.”

From out in the hall I heard the most amazing accent, it was Irish and just plain flawless.  Then I witnessed the face that went along with this accent.  Equally as flawless.

“Everyone please welcome Mr. Niall Horan.  He is our new student from Ireland so please let’s give him a good ole’ British welcome.”

And boy did we. 

“Niall, why don’t you take the seat next to Caroline in the back.” said Mr. Greyson.

“Thank you sir.” said Niall.  Wow his accent was amazing, I’ve never heard anything like it.  Then something hit me, literally hit me.  It was a note from across the room. 

Quite staring at him, you’re embarrassing me.  ~ Liam.

My best guy friend, Liam Payne.  He always makes jokes about boys with me.  I shot him a dirty look across the room just as Niall was sitting down.  Of course he was going to make fun of me.

“Hi, I’m Niall, nice to meet you.  You must be Caroline?  Do you have a last name?” he spoke impeccably.  

“Oh, yes hi! Yes, I’m Caroline, Caroline Holden.  It’s a pleasure.” I said back, amazed I even had words.  

Liam crossed the room he approached us and introduced himself.  “Hello Niall.  I’m Liam Payne.  I think we may get on well.  Can I introduce you to some of my friends?”

Niall answered, “Sounds great, nice meeting you lad.”

“Brilliant.” Liam said.  

I just sat and continued to look at this new boy.  It is my senior year and this is the first new kid we’ve gotten in the district in years.  It’s insane, but considering his good looks, this could be a lovely change.  Liam walked back over and interrupted my thoughts. 

“Niall is already getting along with me, so I approve.”

“What are you talking about?” 

“Oh come on Care, you were starstruck when he entered.”

“That doesn’t mean I already have developed a crush on him Liam!”

“Are you sure?”

“100 percent.  But I think he will be a lovely addition to our friends.”

“I agree.”

That was when Elaine entered.  She walked back to us.  

“Who’s that blond kid?” she said.

“His name is Niall, Niall Horan.  He’s from Ireland.” answered Liam.

“Damn.” 

“Lainey, I know.  His accent is sexy.  I was in awe when he spoke to me.”  I said.

“Damn.” she repeated.

“Damn.” I said.

“Damn.” Liam mocked us.

Niall walked back over and introduced himself to Lainey.  Not nearly as enthusiastic as he did to me I might add.  Then sat down in the place she normally sat.  Elaine gave me a look, but I shooed her.  Why pass up the chance to sit next to the new kid?  So she crossed the room and went to sit with Ava Valentine and Isabelle Maddox, two of our other friends who were too infatuated in something else to even notice Niall.  What bitches they were sometimes, but I still loved them.  

“So what are we learning at this point?” Niall asked me in his steady, amazing voice.  I was going to have to get used to that.  

“Well, with Greyson as our teacher, nothing.  Just warning you now.”

“Of course.  That always happens with teachers who are men.”

We both laughed.  I knew that we would be friends quickly.  I took off my Ray Ban reading glasses before we were leaving.  

“Hey, do you know where Mr. Dawson’s band room is?  That’s my next class.” Niall asked.

“Actually, I’m headed there now.  Would you like me and my friends to walk with you?”  I said.

“That would be wonderful, that boy Liam, is he a friend of yours? He seems very nice.”

“Actually one of my best friends.  Same with Lainey, I mean Elaine who was talking to me.”

“Well everyone here seems wondererful.”

“Oh you just wait.  That’s all I can say.” I added.  

“Well I’m glad I have a few friends already.” he answered in his wondrous accent.  “Do you always wear those glasses?” he added.

“They're only for reading.”

“Well you have lovely eyes.”

I smiled, and laughed.  That was one of the nicest things a boy has ever said.  Liam and Lainey joined us and we were off to band.  They both mouthed to me at the same time, “Damn”.  I already knew that this new boy, Niall Horan, he was special.  And my best friends could tell too.  Mostly because I was still blushing from his last comment.

“Thank you Niall.”

End of Chapter One.

I hope you guys like what I have so far.  I have a great story lined up, so add some comments! Thanks!!

~ El.