Meant To Be *Janoskians Fan...

By rubyhannah

Ruby moves to Melbourne to focus on her career and soon becomes close friends with internet sensations, the J... More

Chapter One
Chapter Two
Chapter Three
Chapter Four
Chapter Five
Chapter Six
Chapter Seven
Chapter Eight
Chapter Nine
Chapter Ten
Chapter Eleven
Chapter Twelve
Chapter Thirteen
Chapter Fourteen
Chapter Fifteen
Chapter Sixteen
Chapter Seventeen
Chapter Eighteen
Chapter Nineteen
Chapter Twenty
Chapter Twenty-One
Chapter Twenty-Three
Chapter Twenty-Four
Chapter Twenty-Five
Chapter Twenty-Six
Chapter Twenty-Seven
Chapter Twenty-Eight
Chapter Twenty-Nine
Chapter Thirty
Chapter Thirty-One
Chapter Thirty-Two
Chapter Thirty-Three
Chapter Thirty-Four
Chapter Thirty-Five
Chapter Thirty-Six
Chapter Thirty-Seven
Chapter Thirty-Eight
Chapter Thirty-Nine
Chapter Forty
Chapter Forty-One
Chapter Forty-Two
Chapter Forty-Three
Chapter Forty-Four
Chapter Forty-Five
Chapter Forty-Six
Chapter Forty-Seven
Chapter Forty-Eight
Chapter Forty-Nine
*Bonus Chapter*
Chapter Fifty
Chapter Fifty-One
Chapter Fifty-Two
Chapter Fifty-Three
Chapter Fifty-Four
Chapter Fifty-Five
Chapter Fifty-Six
Chapter Fifty-Seven
Chapter Fifty-Eight
Chapter Fifty-Nine
Chapter Sixty
MEANT TO BE SEQUEL UP! PLEASE READ!

Chapter Twenty-Two

52.9K 678 143
By rubyhannah

Sorry its a bit late guys! Ive been back at school and I am sooo busy. Hope you like the chapter. Hopefully the next one wont be so delayed! Also thankyou for all of your lovely comments- I absolutely love reading them:) Anyways, Enjoy! x

30 likes for chapter 23  <3

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - --

I got home from work after a photoshoot. Honestly, it wasn't a great day- mostly because my mind was focused on other things. Beau, Luke and Christi were on the couch watching Nickelodeon- Luke's arm around Christi's shoulders. I dumped my bag on the table and flopped on top of Beau. He groaned and ruffled my hair. I saw Christi's eyes roll out of the corner of my eyes. She pushed up from Luke's leg to help her stand up, over exaggerating her pregnancy. She walked out into the kitchen and came back with a glass of water, sitting down again. "How many weeks are you Christi?" I asked politely.

Christi glard at me. " Three and a half months. I told you already." she scolded. Luke looked at her, frowning. I continued. "I dont know that much about pregnancy but you look pretty small for three and a half months. I really think you should go for an ultrasound."

"It's none of your buisness Ruby. I'll go whenever I want." she said sourly. Beau put his arm around my waist and sqeezed me. Luke looked at Christi. "Chris, I agree with Ruby. If the baby isn't growing properly then we have to get help."

"Fine. I'll go get a bloody scan if that makes everyone stop complaining." Cristi complained. Those hormones sure weren't making her mood any better.

It was the morning of Christi's first scan and everyone was in a frazzle. Gina was stressing because she couldn't make it to the scam because of work commitments, so I decided to go instead and bring Jai with me so that I had a witness if Christi tried to murder me. Jai was pretty calm, just being himself. It was Luke who worried me. He looked as hough he had just seen a ghost. He was so nervous! Luke had dressed up really nicely and was sitting in the loungeoom tapping the remote against the couch repeatedly. I walked into the room and placed my hand over the remote. "It's going to be fine." I assured Luke, sitting next to him. He sighed heavily. "Luke you are going to see your child for the first time today! Its amazing- aren't you a little excited?" I said putting my hand on his shoulder.

"Rubes I'm not amazed. I don't wanna be a dad to Christi's baby." he said deeply. I can tell he regretted admitting that. "Theres nothing you can really do to avoid that." I said trying to make eye contact, but Luke was just staring into space. "I wanted it to be with you. Im sorry."

"Luke what are you on about?"

"Dont worry. I cant turn back time hey?" he said trying to put on a brave face. I agreed by shaking my head. What did he mean he wanted 'it' to be with me?

"Ready?" said Jai, leaning against the doorframe.

"Yep!" I said trying to sound enthusiastic for Luke.

"Nope" Luke said still staring at the wall. Jai looked at me and shrugged.

"Come on!" I said to Luke as I pulled him off the couch. I pulled him into a hug once he was standing.

"Breathe." I said looking at him. "You're going to be okay." he smiled and hugged me back. Gina came into the room as we were about to leave. She looked really upset, as if she had been crying. Gina grabbed Luke in the shoulders and gave him a talk really quietly so none of us could hear. Luke was nodding and eventually hugged him mum tightly like he never wanted to let her go. Gina left for work and Jai Luke and I went to meet Christi at the hospital.

We had sat in the waiting room for almost half an hour. Christi was trying to grab Luke's attention by playing with his hand and fingers, Luke was still staring at the wall. It was horrible to watch. I got up from my seat and knelt down in front of him. "Hey Luke." I said breaking him out of his trance. "Me and Jai are going to get a drink from the vending machine, want one?" I asked trying to keep his attention. Just as I asked, a nurse caalled us into a room. "Christi Redding and Luke Brooks" she said trying to figure out who Luke was. Christi and Luke went in first while Jai and I tagged in behind. The woman looked a bit confused as four people went into the room. Christi layed down on the bed and Luke sat on the chair closest to her. The room was dark but I could still see Luke's foot tapping nervously. Everything went so quickly from there. The nurse applied the anestetic and pressed some kind of xray thing onto her stomach. The image of a tiny baby shaped figure showed up on the screen. Luke leant forward to look closely. He turned back o me and grabbed my hand, holding it tightly. He kept his eyes fixated on the screen and smiled- I thought he was going to start crying with either happiness or realisation that this is happening. Luke finally spoke. "Is the size of the baby okay?" he asked the nurse. Christi's head shot up and looked at Luke almost like he wasnt supposed to ask that question. Jai and I looked at each other- we had both obviously seen that! "Yes the size of the baby is fine. Everything looks good! Congratulations." spoke the nurse.

"Can I please talk to the nurse myself?" Christi asked us.

"Want me to stay?" Luke asked her.

"No sorry. Just want to ask something." she said. Luke looked confused. He bent down and kissed Christi on the cheek, then followed Jai and I out of the room.

- - - - - - - - CHRISTI'S POV - - - - - - - - - -

Once I had made sure everyone had left the room, I turned to the nurse.

"So how many months am I?"

"Almost exactly two." the nurse replied

"Definitely?" I wanted to be 100%

"Yes. For sure." she confirmed. "You know I get a lot of girls like you come in."

"What do you mean?"

"Mr Brooks isn't the father. Is he?"

"Well, no" I had to admit it

"Are you planning on telling him?" she said wiping the cream off my tummy.

"Of course!" I lied.

"You make sure you do." she said sounding a bit grumpy. "That all you wanted to know?"

"Yep." I said hopping off the bed. "thankyou!" I said walking out of the door as quickly as I could. There was Luke. I felt bad lying to him, but I could tell if I just kept going- this was going to save our relationship. "Everything ok?" he asked.

"Perfect" I smiled at him. Luke smiled and hugged me.

"Ruby and Jai are in the car. Lets go" he put his arm around my shoulders. I wasnt his mate- I was his girlfriend, Luke would never put his arm around MY waist. Only ever Ruby's.

- - - - - - - - RUBY'S POV - - - - - -- - - -

I walked into Luke's room. He was sitting on his bed while on the laptop. It had been two days since Christi's scan and he was fine. He had a picture of the baby in the scan blutacked next to his bed. Cute- but it kinda hurt. I climbed up on the bed and watched a bit of spongebob with him. I turned to look at the baby picture when I saw it. The tiniest print on the bottom left hand corner, I had o squint to read it- '2 months' it read. But wasn't Christi 3 almost 4 moths pregnant? This couldn't be right. I climbed off Luke's bed. "Where are you going?" he asked. He obviously had no idea about what was written on it. "Uhm I have to ask Jai something." I said walking out of the room. Once I knew Luke couldn't see me, I ran to Jai in the other room. " Jai! We have to get Luke to take a DNA test! I dont think Christ's baby is his?!" I whispered. Jai looke at me, shocked.

"How do you know?"

"Because on the scan it says it shows the baby at two months and remember the other day when I said Christi looks small for almost 4 months! The nurse said the baby was a good size so that obviously means she is no way near 4 months pregnant!" I spilt out.

"How will we get him to do it?" Jai asked.

"I think we should just explain it to him."

"But how will we get Christi to take it?" Jai questioned.

"They already have her DNA at the hospital from the tests she took." I explained. Jai thought for a minute. "Maybe my mum can talk him into taking a DNA test?" he suggested.

"I just dont want to cause any problems." I hesitated.

"Nah babe. I think you could be solving one."

 Luke sat in the loungeroom watching the tennis. I somehow had to persuade him into taking that test. "so Luke, have you and Christi decided who the baby will live with?" I tried to start off.

"Well Christi said something about me moving in with her." he said. I just about choked to death.

"Luke that is a HUGE commitment. Are you ready to do that?"

"Nope" he said confidently in his i.dont.give.a.fuck voice.

"Are you positive the baby is yours?" I accidentily snapped out. Oh shit. Luke looked at me puzzled. "What would make you think it wasn't?"

"I just think you should be sure before you jump into any huge arranements."

"You're just being overprotective now." Luke stated

"Im just trying to help you."

"I dont need your help Ruby."

"Thanks Luke, I'll remember that for next time" I said walking into Luke's room. I grabbed the picture off the wall and stormed back into the loungeroom shoving the picture in front of Luke. I pointed at the fine print at the bottom. "Read it Luke. Then maybe you will understand why I am wanting to help you." I said. He looked at me for a second, then back at the picture- trying to read the fine print. "Night." I shouted as I walked away, closing my bedroom door behind me.

I woke up with someone lightly shaking my arm. I looked at he clock that read 2am then at the person who had just disturbed me. It was Luke. "Rubes, I need you to take me to the hospital. I want the DNA test." he whispered. I sat up and rubbed my eyes. "Sorry to wake you." he said pushing my hair back.

"Its ok. I'll take you but you'll have to make me a coffee." I said. Luke went into the kitchen to make me a coffee while I got dressed and quickly washed my face. I went into the kitchen a few minutes later to get my keys, hot drink and of course Luke. "Lets go." I whispered. Luke handed me the drink. He had even put it in a travel cup- god he was cute. I smiled and grabbed my keys. Luke and I walked out the front door, quietly shutting it behind us. It was freezing outside. I shiverred as I locked the house. Luke came next to me and put his arm around me as we walked to the car, trying to keep me warm. It was only a short drive to the hospital. We went straight to the maternity ward and explained our situaion. Soon enough, they agreed to take Luke's DNA in the ward. Luke sat in the chair, holding my hand. He opened his mouth and the doctor took a swab of saliva. "Results wont be long mate." the doctor told Luke as he gave the DNA to another doctor who took it away to be examined. We decided to stay in the waiting room- at least it was warmer that the doctor's room. Luke wouldn't let go of my hand, he was staring into space- his thoughts a million miles away. I felt so sorry for him. The poor boy had been through a lot lately and he wasnt handling anything to do with Christi very well. Half an hour passed, the three-quarters of an hour. I rested my head on Lukes shoulder and he tilted his head to rest on mine. It was an hour later when the doctor finally came into the waiting room. "Mr Luke Brooks?" he said. Luke's head shot up as he payed attention to the doctor. "We are really sorry to inform you this, but the test results have come back negative- they do not match the DNA of Christi Reddings unborn child." he said sympathetically. Luke looked confused.

"So this means that..." he said wanting the doctor to explain more simply. The doctor was trying to find a way to explain without sounding blunt. In the end there was no option.

"It means that you are not the father to Christi Redding's baby."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

9.9K 478 9
In which a boy and a girl fall in love during the winter. [luke brooks short story] //short story #559; #543; #485; #307 //
293K 3.7K 17
After her Mother dying of cancer, Skyla's father has abused her for many years, after finally realising it was wrong and knowing there is another way...
18.1K 368 23
A smart young teenage girl, Alejandra has agreed to moving to Melbourne, Australia from Florida, USA and is devastated. The insecure 15 year old is b...
2.2K 27 25
Natalie Carter is best friends with the janoskians' thats right, jai brooks, Beau brooks, Luke Brooks, Skip Sahyounie and of course James Yummouni. N...