Black [Theodore Nott]

By Y_Allen

"A little mischief won't hurt..." A Black in Gryffindor was never good. And they're right. Carina Black's n... More

REWRITE!
Prologue
Part 1
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Chapter 51
Chapter 52
Chapter 53
Chapter 54
Chapter 55
Chapter 56
Chapter 57
Chapter 58
Chapter 59
Chapter 60
Chapter 61
Chapter 62
Chapter 63
Chapter 64
Chapter 65
Chapter 66
Chapter 67
Chapter 68
Chapter 69
Chapter 70
Chapter 71
Chapter 72
Chapter 73
Chapter 74
Chapter 75
Chapter 76
Chapter 77
Chapter 78
Chapter 79
Chapter 80
Chapter 81
Chapter 82
Chapter 83
Epilogue
Part 2
Prologue
REWRITE!
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Epilogue
REWRITE OF BLACK
Black: House of Mischief

Chapter 13

6.3K 198 148
By Y_Allen

Theodore woke at the most annoying way there was. He glared at the person who even thought of waking him in that fashion, he was soaking wet and was now freezing since the bucket of water they decided to pour at him was from the rain last night and was freezing cold.

Ivan and his brothers, Bjorn and Matthias, laughed as Theodore sent them daggering glares. Without even noticing, Theodore waved his hand and the three of them were dangling by the ankles in the air.

"Come on, Theodore! It was just a little fun!" Bjorn said.

"And this is my way of fun!" Theodore said as he used magic to dry himself and his bed. "How did you idiots even got in here?"

"Father forgot the keys at the table." Matthias shrugged.

"Come on, get us down." Ivan sighed.

Theodore had put on his new shirt and his coat, he turned to the three brothers with a deadplan look.

"No."

"THEODORE!"

Theodore was already at the door and left, closing it behind him, and left the brothers dangling at their ankles. It would only be about time before their mother heard them yelling. It must run in the family, Theodore thought, they were also one of Roman's cousins, since their mother, Alessandra Kohler, was an Alston once.

"Theodore, have you seen the boys?" Alessandra asked as Theodore passed her when he entered the Hall.

"The last I saw them they were at my place dangling by their ankles." Theodore said. "Serves them right for dumping rain water on me."

Alessandra sighed. "I'll go get them."

"It's Liberacopus!" Theodore called out.

"Thanks!"

Alessandra waved at Theodore as she walked away and headed to Theodore's hut where she was to get her childish sons.

"I heard that you got my sons stuck in the air."

Theodore turned and met Viktor Kohler. He smirked when he faced the man.

"Next time, don't leave the keys at the table for them to get." Theodore said.

Viktor sighed, "I'll keep that in mind, now come, let's have some breakfast."

Viktor Kohler was a timeless man, he was a man in his mid-fifties, but still looked as if he were in his thirties, he had a head full of black hair with a few silver strands, a clean beard, and bright brown eyes. He was a stern man at the outside, at first, Theodore felt intimidated at Viktor's presence, but after he got to know the man, he found out that the man was a child at heart, and a man of adventure.

"I heard from Ivan that you stayed up late last night, is it that girl again?" Viktor asked.

They settled at the table with the other Dragon Tamers – as they preferred to be called ("Dragonologists is too formal, I prefer Dragon Tamers." Viktor said, "Dragon Tamer is much cooler than 'Dragonologist'.") – Theodore sat between Viktor and a fellow from Wales.

"Yes." Theodore smiled.

"She must be a beauty to have you late at night."

"She is... and she's really kind."

"I also heard from Ivan that she's got a child?" Viktor raised a brow.

"Oh-no! Teddy's her godson, she's not – she hasn't..."

"Godson, huh... what's her name again?"

"Carina Black." Theodore took a bite from his bread.

"Carina... The Keel." Viktor smirked. "A constellation at the south... when do you plan on seeing her?"

"I just got back."

"So what? I'm sure you miss her."

"She understands why I have to leave, and she'd kill me if I even think of going back now – she doesn't want me to give up this because of our relationship."

"But eventually..."

"But not right now." Theodore shrugged.

"Then have her come to Norway." Viktor said.

"She does plan to."

"I really want to meet this Carina Black."

"Don't worry, you will."

"So, when is she coming?"

"Dunno." Theodore shrugged.

The sound of the three brothers being dragged by their mother to the Hall caught Viktor and Theodore's attention, they turned and found two of them being dragged by the ear – Ivan and Bjorn – and one of them in a binding spell and was dragged along by their sister, Kassandra – Matthias, the youngest. Viktor laughed at the sight of his sons being man handled by their mother and sister.

"And what has my sons done now?" Viktor asked, though he knew the answer.

"Your sons had caused trouble again." Alessandra said.

"I believe they've learned their lessons." Viktor said.

"Yes, because they will be cleaning the nests." Alessandra turned to the three, "Without magic."

"But that will take forever!" Matthias exclaimed.

"Then you better start now." Kassandra said and she released her brother from the Binding Spell.

"But, first, breakfast." Viktor patted at the table.

Immediatley, the three took seats across their father and Theodore and took food from the feast before them. Kassandra sat herself beside Theodore, whilst her mother across from her.

"There was a letter at the Tower." Kassandra spoke to Theodore.

"Who's it from?" Theodore asked.

Kassandra got out the rolled piece of parchment and handed it to Theodore.

"Your dear friend from Romania. Don't worry I didn't read it." Kassandra smiled.

Theodore took the parchment and unrolled it and he read the messy handwriting, he sighed after reading the letter and hid it in his chest pocket.

"What does it say?" Kassandra asked.

"Romania is sending a few of their Dragonologists –"

"Dragon Tamers!" Bjorn corrected.

"Dragonologists." Theodore pressed, "To bring a newly hatched dragons."

"Dragons?" Matthias had a raised brow, "How many?"

"It says that they're bringing about five."

"It's a big transport then." Alessandra said.

"Not really." Theodore said.

"Why?" Kassandra asked.

"They're bringing Peruvian Vipertooths."

"Faen." Matthias said with wide eyes.

"Matthias!" Alessandra scolded her son for cursing.

Kohler Reserve Dragonologists never liked favoritisim with dragons, they believed that all dragons are the same so they should care for them all the same. They pride themselves for breeding any kind of dragon, and never looking back at a dragon in need, but there are some dragons they too prefer to not have in the reserve, given for their danger, and one of them is the Peruvian Vipertooth.

The Peruvian Vipertooth are rather small dragons, they don't grow like the Hungarian Horntail or Norwegian Ridgeback, they're like over grown horses in size. The reason for their dangerous nature is their appetite for human flesh, unlike the other dragons who feed on raw beef or pork, Peruvian Vipertooths like human flesh, and they could attack the other Dragonologists in the reserve. Another problem was their fangs, they were venomous, so even if they were bit and still got their limb intacks, the poison could kill them in less than minutes if not treated.

The last time the Kohler Dragon Reserve had Peruvian Vipertooths was years ago, and they lost a couple of people in the hands of those dragons, and one of them were Viktor's brother and uncle. After that incident, they had the dragon shipped back to Peru. But it wasn't just the casualty of the dragon's nature coming to the reserve that bothered them, it was also the history of the dragon.

The Dragonologist that first got the Dragon Pox happened when he got in contact with a Peruvian Vipertooth. So they had to double check the dragon before they let anyone near it, and to do that, it would take dozens of witches and wizards in the reserve to place the dragon in a deep slumber so Kassandra and her team of Medi-Dragonologists could see if the dragons had Dragon Pox. If so, there was a possibility that the reserve would go into quarantine.

"Min kjœrlighet..." Alessandra took her husband's hand with hers, knowing that his own brother and uncle died in the hands of that dragon.

"We shall take these dragons just as we did with the others." Viktor said, "Have the others know of the news, and ready the dens at the east for them."

"Yes, Father." Ivan said.

"We can't have the people walking around with Peruvian Vipertooths around, set the barriers ready as well." Viktor got up from his seat , "I shall speak with the Head of the reserve in Romania."

"Of course." Theodore said.

•†•

"You're saying that a bunch of poisonous-human-feasting dragons are coming to the reserve you're working at and you're all just cool about it?"

"Well... yeah."

"Oh."

After doing what Viktor had told them to do, Theodore went to his hut and called Carina. They haven't spoken in days and just talking right now made them miss each other dearly.

"So that's your expression, oh?" Theodore chuckled.

"What'd you want me to say?" Carina laughed.

"Maybe a bit of concern for your boyfriend who – by the way – will be in charge with the said poisonous-human-feasting dragons."

"Why are you in charge?" Carina asked.

"Not only me, there's Ivan and Viktor, they're also going to look after the Pervian Vipertooth as well."

"I honestly don't know if I should be happy or not." Carina said. "It's like, you're given more responsibility – it's like a promotion if you're in the Ministry – but along with that responsibility is a dangerous dragon that could instantly kill you."

"Don't worry, I got it covered." Theodore said. "So... how's Teddy liking his gift?"

Carina groaned. "He loves it – he has me reading it to him since he got it."

A few months passed since Teddy's birthday. Just as promised, Theodore had an owl deliver his gift for Teddy's fourth birthday, it was a heavy book that he knew would catch the boy's attention with its colorful and moving illustrations.
When Teddy got the present, the party was nearly over and he just got off the broom Harry had given him as a gift – which made Carina give Harry a disapproving look ("Seriously?" Carina said. "Oh, come on, it's just a broom!" Harry said.) and when Teddy opened it, he was in complete awe at the ancient look book and the beautiful illustrations of the dragons and creatures.

"That's good." Theodore said. "How about the chocolates?"

Carina rolled her eyes. "Lupins and their chocolates... if Ginny and I hadn't hidden it, he would've eaten the whole basket in one sitting – him and Elias and Ethan!"

"That's kind of the point." Theodore laughed. "It's his birthday, let him have a bit of sweets."

"I think I know now how Teddy got the jar of chocolate cookies from the top shelf." Carina glared at Theodore.

"I did no such thing." Theodore smirked. "Anyway, did you enjoy the ale?"

"It was good... we drank it after the kids went to bed." Carina shrugged. "But I prefer English ale."

"Just wanted you to taste something different, especially since you got all that wine in your place." Theodore said.

"Wine is good!"

"Ale is better."

"You got a point." Carina shrugged. "So, back to topic about the Peruvian Vipertooth, are you sure you'll be all right?"

"Yes, no need to worry." Theodore rolled his eyes. "I'm a Dragonologist, I can handle it – if it would bring you any comfort, a good friend of mine is coming with them when they bring the dragons over."

"It brought a bit of comfort to know that you won't be dealing with them alone." Carina said.

"By the way, your birthday's coming." Theodore said.

"It's still far." Carina rolled her eyes. "Two months long."

"Still, it's coming." Theodore shrugged. "What do you want?"

"I don't need anything – you know how I hate presents."

"Even if that present is me?" Theodore had a sly smirk.

"You're joking."

Theodore shrugged.

"It's still undecided since there are new dragons coming, but I might get some time off so I could visit you– and probably spend Christmas there as well."

"I don't want you to leave work just because of my birthday, Theodore." Carina chastised.

"Then why don't you come here." Theodore shrugged. "The Kohlers are dying to see you."

"You're serious?"

"Yeah." Theodore shrugged. "If you want, you can bring Teddy along."

"That is the last thing I want to do. Bring Teddy in a Dragon reserve!" Carina crossed her arms over her chest.

"It's safe here." Theodore said. "There are Dragonologists who even lives here with their families – the Kohlers for example! Their youngest – Matthias and Kassandra –just got out of Durmstrang and here they are helping in the reserve!"

"How old are they again?"

"Seventeen."

"Next time, but not when he's still a curious kid – the next thing we know he's at the Peruvian Vipertooth nest!"

"Fine." Theodore muttered.

"You can make it his seventeenth birthday present." Carina said. "That way, he'll look forward to it."

"I'm pretty sure his interest would change when he's seventeen."

"Theodore, who wouldn't be interested in dragons?" Carina asked with a raised brow, "Even Roman was interested in going to Romania – if he were alive, I'm pretty sure he'd be there with you and went on riding some of the dragons as well."

"Speaking of riding dragons." Theodore had a sly smile. "I got one of our smiths to make a saddle, and guess what."

"What?"

"It's better to ride a dragon with a saddle." Theodore said. "Egil and I flew around the reserve yesterday, I guess dragons can be tamed."

"Congratulations!" Carina had a huge smile. "I wish I was there to see."

"You might even ride him."

"I'm not going to ride a bloody dragon, Theodore."

"You'd ride a broom and a flying motorcycle but not a dragon..."

"There's a difference in riding breathing creatures from non-breathing-enchanted things."

Theodore chuckled.

"Listen, I got to go." Carina said. "I used up all my lunch time."

"That wouldn't be a problem if you just quit." Theodore mused.

Carina narrowed her eyes at Theodore.

"I'm just saying, working in a place you don't like isn't good for you." Theodore said.

"Yet, I survived Ancient Runes with you as a seatmate." Carina said.

"Hey!"

Carina laughed lightly. "Bye, Theodore, I got to go – I'll think about your proposition of going to Norway."

"Sure, take your time. Love you."

"Love you too."

After their goodbyes, Carina disappeared from the mirror and all Theodore could see was his reflection. He sighed and placed the mirror down at the table.

"That was very sweet of you!"

Theodore turned sharply and saw Ivan, Bjorn and Matthias leaning on his open window with cheeky smiles. Theodore frowned at the sight of them, and waved his hand at their direction, Locomotor Mortis.

The three then fell off their feet and were squirming at the ground. Theodore walked to the window and leaned out to see the three Kohlers at the ground trying to get out of the leg-locker curse.

"If your lucky, your mother or Kassandra might pass by and find you three." Theodore said.

"Come on, Theodore!" Bjorn said.

"Enjoy your day, flobberworms!" Theodore said as he left the three Kohlers at the ground as he went to the den to finish the barriers they were making for the Peruvian Vipertooths.

"THEODORE!"

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

92.6K 3K 78
⭒ I wish that you had thought this through, before I went and fell in love with you ⭒ Aries Melania Black, the youngest of the noble and most ancient...
87.5K 3K 29
"Let's all get a butterbeer." The war was over with Harry Potter defeating the Dark Lord, but that doesn't mean all was finished. Escaped Death Eater...
3.6M 111K 73
- UNEDITED The Boy Who Lived, The Chosen One, Harry James Potter. When Harry discovered that Sirius Black was his legal guardian, his life was flippe...
14.3K 424 54
Kacie Elektra Black, the twin of Sirius Black, was part of the Marauders. Part of the group of Gryffindor's that was the closest groups of friends yo...