Dear Nate {Dear #1}

danamayfield tarafından

Alison Collins is in a coma and now Nate has her journal. Nate never expected for Alison's brother to give hi... Daha Fazla

Dear Nate
-Chapter 2-
-Chapter 3-
-Chapter 4-
-Chapter 5-
-Chapter 6-
-Chapter 7-
-Chapter 8-
-Chapter 9-
-Chapter 10-
-Chapter 11-
-Chapter 12-
-Chapter 13-
-Chapter 14-
-Chapter 15-
-Chapter 16-
-Chapter 17-
-Chapter 19-
-Chapter 20-
-Chapter 21-
-Chapter 22-
-Chapter 23-
-Chapter 24-
-Chapter 25-
-Chapter 26-
-Chapter 27-
-Chapter 28-
-Chapter 29-
-Chapter 30-
-Chapter 31-
-Chapter 32-
-Chapter 33-
-Epilogue-

-Chapter 18-

11.8K 509 75
danamayfield tarafından

Hoping to be updating this fast now. I'm going to start editing the chapters also.

PLEASE comment and vote! I'll be entering this in the Young Authors Prize and it'll mean the world if i got more votes and comments! Thank you!

COMMENT

VOTE

FAN

SHARE THIS WITH YOUR FRIENDS!

-Dana

_______________________________

NOT EDITED

________________________________

Prom was this weekend and I decided not to go. All my friends had dates and I didn’t want the girls, mostly Serena, to dance with me if they didn’t have a date. I’m not going to do anything that might ruin my chances with Alison any more than I already had. As the days pass, I find myself looking at my phone for Josh’s call. She should be waking up any day and it seems like she’s taking her time.

            Graduation is already a week away. One more week before high school officially ends. I can’t believe it. It’s scary and yet, it’s exciting. I already know I’ll have to move in a week before the other freshman for summer training, even though the season starts in the spring. I’ll miss playing with my friends though.

            “Hey Nate,” Josh says, coming up to me at my locker.

School is out for today, which now means I have only six days of high school left, counting the weekend.

            “Hey, what’s up?” I ask, closing my locker and leaning against it.

            “Fine I guess. How’s it going with your dad home and everything?”

            “It’s going good,” I respond. “It’s nice having him home. Having family dinners for the first time in a while it nice and Mom even tries to have family game nights. It’s nice seeing my mom so happy.”

            “I’m happy for you,” he says. “So, I wanted to ask for your help with something.”

            “Anything.”

            “Well, my parents are taking the good news about Alison into an extreme. They want to have a get together, like a small party, to welcome her home once she wakes up. The thing is we don’t know when she’ll wake up. So when she does she’ll have to spend a few days in the hospital. That’s when we’ll invite people and set a date. Is it okay you help with that?”

            “Sure. I’ll do anything for you guys. I just hope this doesn’t make Alison overwhelmed. Do you think me being there will be awkward?”

            “What?” he asks, furrowing his eyebrows. “She’ll be happy to see you at her welcome home party.”  

            “But we weren’t really friends beforehand so I’ll have to explain why I’ve been visiting her and why my feelings changed. She might get freaked out and not want to talk to me.” That’s my main worry once Alison wakes up—she’d want nothing to do with me when I finally realized I want to be with her.

            “It’s not going to be easy,” Josh replies. “She’s a stubborn cookie, but give her time and things will turn out right. Plus, I’ll have to explain how I made the decision to give you her journal. I know she won’t be happy about that. So, I know she’ll be angry that I gave you her journal and that you read it, but it’ll pass.”

            “Way to make me nervous,” I reply, fixing my backpack straps nervously.

            Josh smiles guiltily. “Sorry, I shouldn’t have said that.”

            “No, it’s okay. I knew it will be hard explaining it to Alison without her getting angry or annoyed.”

            “Just don’t let her intimidate you,” Josh says. “Oh, when I visited her yesterday I saw her fingers move too! I was in shock. I thought she was finally going to wake up.”

            Anxiousness spread in my stomach. “Hopefully she’ll move more next time.”

            “I hope so. I kind of wish she wakes up after graduation because I’d feel horrible if we have to tell her she can’t attend it because she’s behind.”

            I nod in agreement. “If she does wake up before graduation maybe that’ll get her focused in getting up before college starts in the fall.”

            “Oh, I know it will.” Josh looks at his phone. “I have to get home. Thanks for helping out for Alison’s party.”

            “No problem.”

            “Talk to you soon,” Josh says before walking down the hall and out of the building.

__________

            “Nate, get off the couch we’re going to play a game as a family!” Mom yells from the kitchen.

            We had dinner twenty minutes ago where they thought it’d be a good night to play a game together. I went to watch television until Mom is done washing the dishes.

            I groan, rolling off the couch and setting my feet under me so I didn’t fall off. I shut the television off before walking into the kitchen. Mom is having a conversation with my Dad. She’s smiling and seems truly happy. My heart aches in contentment for my mom. She’s finally full of happiness. My dad has been the missing piece for a couple of years and now he’s home.

            “Enough flirting with each other,” I say as I sit down. “You guys are already married.”

            Mom smiles still and look at Dad. And Dad does the same. They’re relationship I admire. I want one like my parents. They love each other so much and they’re not afraid to express it to each other. And I know, since my bedroom isn’t too far from theirs, that the romance is still alive and never died—not once.

            “We love each other,” Mom says sweetly. “We’re making up for old time.”

            Dad winks at her and I’m pretty sure they’re talking about having sex.

            My nose crinkles in disgust. “I didn’t need to know that. I have enough punishment hearing it sometimes.”

            Mom’s mouth is agape in shock and Dad starts laughing.

            “Nate!” Mom exclaims, blushing. “I didn’t know you can—oh my gosh.” She hides her face in her hands. “This is so embarrassing.”

            Mom’s reaction causes Dad to laugh more. “Oh honey, don’t be so modest,” Dad says, kissing her hand in his.

            “Our son can hear us—you know!” she shouts to my dad. “You’re not the least bit embarrassed? He’s our son!”

            Dad shrugs, not bothered. “It’s the birds and the bees. I’m not ashamed we still make love.”

            Now it’s my turn to blush. I shouldn’t have said anything. “Okay guys, lets drop this topic. It’s awkward.”

            Dad’s still laughing as he gets up to get a beer. When he returns he tilts my mom’s head up and kisses her soundly. When they pull apart Dad winks at me. “That’s how it’s done.”

            Oh my gosh this is awkward.

__________

            After playing a couple card games Mom and Dad go upstairs to change into pajamas as I go to the couch and turn on the television. I flip to the show we watch together and wait until they come down to watch it.

            Mom comes down first and sits beside me. “How’s Alison?”

            “Okay. She’s been moving her finger lately so we think she’ll wake up anytime now,” I respond. “And Josh asked me if I can help with her welcome home party once she wakes up.”

            Her face fills with unease. “Are you okay honey? You seem—off.”

            I nod. “I’m okay, I’m just worried how Alison will feel when she—,” I stop short. I haven’t told my mom I read Alison’s journal.

            “When she?” she draws out, expecting me to answer.

            “Okay, there’s something I haven’t told you.” Mom only gives me her attention so I continue. “Um, well, promise you won’t get angry or yell at me?”

            Mom’s face morphs into concern. “What did you do to that poor girl?”

            “Nothing bad,” I defend myself. “I don’t think,” I mumble afterwards, wondering if reading her journal really was a mistake.

            “Just let me Nate,” Mom says.

            I should’ve kept this to myself. Mom would’ve been fine not knowing anything.

            I sigh and mumble, “Josh gave me her journal for me to read and I did. He gave it to me because he was afraid she’d die and I wouldn’t know how she felt about me. So I read every passage and found out she has liked me for a long time and I feel stupid for not realizing it. I feel like a jackass for wanting to get together when she can’t and I’m scared she’ll see I only want to date her out of pity—which I don’t. I’m scared Alison won’t give me a chance.”

            “I’m not going to lie,” Mom starts. “Alison may be peeved when she finds out you read her journal—any girl would—but she’ll get over it. Are your feelings real or do you feel the way you do out of pity?”

            “It’s not out of pity,” I reply straight away. “Like people say, you never know how much you like someone until they’re gone.”

            Mom rubs my back lovingly. “I hope everything works out the way you want it to.”

            “Thanks Mom.”

            She hugs me and just as we’re pulling away Dad yells as he’s coming downstairs, “Sorry I took a while. Bathroom called.”

            Oh geez.

Okumaya devam et

Bunları da Beğeneceksin

26 14 7
Alisa's journey begins with a rocky start as her expulsion from school and academic struggles evoke a mix of disappointment and concern from her moth...
39.4K 1.3K 22
[COMPLETED] ᴰᵒⁿ'ᵗ ᵏⁱˡˡ ᵐᵉ ʲᵘˢᵗ ʰᵉˡᵖ ᵐᵉ ʳᵘⁿ ᵃʷᵃʸ ᶠʳᵒᵐ ᵉᵛᵉʳʸᵒⁿᵉ ᴵ ⁿᵉᵉᵈ ᵃ ᵖˡᵃᶜᵉ ᵗᵒ ˢᵗᵃʸ ᵂʰᵉʳᵉ ᴵ ᶜᵃⁿ ᶜᵒᵛᵉʳ ᵘᵖ ᵐʸ ᶠᵃᶜᵉ ᴰᵒⁿ'ᵗ ᶜʳʸ, ᴵ ᵃᵐ ʲᵘˢᵗ ᵃ ᶠʳᵉᵃᵏ ...
2K 79 32
In this version, Sophie and Keefe meet when they're children and don't realize they want to spend the rest of their lives together until Sophie is hu...
621 48 50
[COMPLETED] Book one Sara, a girl Meets Boys, two And Has problems. she Wants To follow, dreams Her Emotion are, numb People Feel for, her But Can sh...