Kismet

By xtinkyxbellax16

The Volleyball Player. The Lifeguard. The Conspiracy of the Universe. A few encounters brought them together... More

Prologue
01 Summer's Over
02 First Day High
03 It's All Coming Back
04 The Game Plan
05 Then I Saw Your Face
06 What's Your Number
07 One Message Received
08 The Tune-Up Game
09 Let's Go Back to the Start
11 First Date
12 The Status Update
13 Dine with Friends
14 Gotta Love Sundays
15 Sunday Currently
16 Sunday Splendor
17 And the Wooing Begins
18 Finally...
19 Just Can't Resist You
20 The Surprise Visit
21 - The Boyfriend
22 - The Aftermath
23 - The Sleepover
24 - Sealed With a Kiss
25 - The College Dean
The Lipstick Stain
Drunk... in Love
Mine, oh, Mine!
The NCAA Opening Ceremony
The First Moon
The Deal
The Dilemma
The Faulkerson Fam
A Mother's Wish

10 Bad Joke Turned Good

1.8K 148 28
By xtinkyxbellax16

As soon as Nicki sent her message to RJ, she tossed the phone in her bed and went into the bathroom to freshen up. It was quite a long day and she decided to reward herself with a relaxing and refreshing bath. She took her time and carefully went over the things that transpired during the day. It was indeed a rollercoaster of emotions for her. From the moment she saw RJ in their campus, to Sheena reprimanding her, to that time when they saw him and Kristoff at the parking lot, to her best friend leaving her with RJ, to that moment he asked if she wanted to have dinner, to the look in his eyes when she finally agreed, to the silent drive towards the ramen house, to his revelations over dinner, up to that time when he so adorably knocked on her car window and suddenly introduced himself. It felt like her heart jumped over her chest a thousand times over with the way he was making her feel. She's exhaushed, but more than that she's beginning to be confused of her feelings. True that she felt like a heavy burden was lifted off her chest all of a sudden but it didn't change the fact that her feelings for him never faded. She realized that she still likes the guy but she still has her apprehensions. She needs to be more careful this time. She can't be deceived the second time around.

With his recent revelation of what happened in Boracay, her heart truly ached for him. For a moment there, a part of her didn't want to believe him. And yet one look in his soulful eyes and she saw the sincerity in there. She felt his pain, his longing, his regret. And she was feeling remorseful. Because all this time that she was feeling hurt and mad and thought all bad things about him, he, on the other hand, was looking for ways to find her and talk to her. She suddenly felt like her moping for the way he made her feel when he stood her up and left her hanging was all for nothing. It was senseless.

She admitted to herself how she's so naive with these things because truthfully, it didn't cross her mind that something bad might've happened to him that's why she never heard from him after that fateful night. She felt really guilty. But beyond the guilt, she can't deny that there's a sudden surge of happiness in her heart knowing that they already talked things through. That the pain in her heart suddenly melted away. But she knew she needs to be cautious this time and guard her heart. She knew the universe didn't make her feel the pain for nothing. Everything happened so fast with them last summer, and she thought that maybe it's the reason why the universe ended it too soon too. She likes RJ, yes, but she can't just give her heart away again like that. If she's gonna give it another shot, she knew they have to make it right this time. They can't just pick up where they left off.

When she was done pampering herself with a long relaxing shower, she headed to her room, put on her sleepwear and laid in bed. She instantly picked up her phone and checked to see if he got home safe. She saw two message notifications from RJ. She smiled as she read the last one.

Yep! Let's start over Mr. Sparks,
and let's make it right this time around.

She quickly typed in her reply then placed her phone on her bedside table. She smiled with thoughts of him but the feeling of exhaustion finally dawned on her as she felt the softness of her bed. She was starting to feel sleepy but got startled when her phone beeped again. She reached for it to read the message. She shook her head as she smiled.

Jeez! Bolero talaga! Kulit!
She thought as she drowsily tinkered her reply.

She lazily put the phone back on its place as she's slowly drifting off to sleep. But she saw her phone lit up again just a few minutes after. And though her eyes were already heavy, she willed herself to check the message.

Gahd, ang kulit talaga!

Her smile slowly turned into a frown as she continued to read his message.

You shouldn't feel guilty.
Ako dapat yun. Kasi kung anu-
anong masama ang inisip ko sayo.

Then her entire face heats up and her lips curved into a smile again as she finished reading. She contemplated if she should reply but then chose to just leave it there. After all, she didn't know how or what to reply to his text message.

Why do you have to say the right words?
Ang galing mo din magpakilig noh? Gaaaahd!

She placed her phone back on the bedside table then reached for her bolster pillow. She hugged it really tight and little by little, her droopy eyes gently closed as she let herself fall into deep slumber.

Morning came and as the rays of sun peeped through his window and hits his face, he woke up with a smile upon his face. For the first time after that incident in Boracay, his morning feels brighter. He said his morning prayer before he rose from the bed. There's just so many things to be thankful for. He then checked his phone and wondered if Nicki was already awake at that time. He thought of sending her a message but then realized that it's still early. He didn't wanna wake her up just yet. She had a long and tiring day yesterday, and he knew that what they talked about over dinner added to her exhaustion. She might still be physically and emotionally knocked out and her message alert tone might just interrupt her sleep, so he decided to let her rest and just pester her a little later.

After he's freshened up, he went to the kitchen and was surprised to find his cousin already having breakfast.

Oh! Aga natin magising ah. May lakad ka?

"Uy Kuya, ikaw din ang aga mo ngayon ah. Nakakapanibago. Tsaka nakasmile ka. Haha! Seems like we succeeded in our plan. Masarap tulog mo noh?!"

Yes! For the first time in months masarap ang tulog at gising ko. Salamat sa support niyo nila Kristoff. At salamat kay Nicki.
He answered smiling from ear to ear.

"Aba! Kwento naman dyan! Ano? Kayo na ulit?"

Siraulo! Anong kami na ulit? Wala pa nga eh. Atat ka?! Pero nasabi ko na lahat ng gusto kong sabihin. Nakahingi na rin ako ng tawad. Ang sarap lang sa feeling na finally naexplain ko na sa kanya yung mga nangyari.

"Mabuti naman naniwala sayo si Ate Nicki. Tama ako diba? Sa tingin ko pa lang sa kanya alam ko na mabuti siyang tao. Na pakikinggan ka nya. Buti hindi ka dinaga! Haha."

Nung una natakot ako kasi ang cold nya sa'kin. But eventually naitawid ko naman. Pinilit ko talaga kasi baka wala ng chance tsaka andun na eh. Alam mo nakita ko sa mga mata nya na nasaktan siya sa nangyari pero tama ka, mabuti siyang tao. Kasi kahit ganun, pinakinggan nya ko. Binigyan nya ko ng chance ulit.

"Talaga? So kayo na nga?"

Hindi nga, ang kulit mo! We're starting over. As friends siguro muna. Di ko alam eh. Basta mahalaga okay na kami. Kung anong kaya niyang ioffer for now, tatanggapin ko. Choosy pa ba ko dun? Mabuti nga hindi siya nagalit after everything.

"Eh anong balak mo nyan?"

Well, kagabi inisip kong mabuti kung anong susunod kong gagawin. Tapos naisip ko na mas maganda siguro we get to know each other well. Yun naman talaga balak ko nun eh. Hindi lang natuloy. This time hindi ako magpapadalos-dalos. Hindi ko siya mamadaliin.

"Naku, kuya, baka maunahan ka na naman nung mayabang ha."

Hindi naman siguro. Sabi nya kagabi hindi naman nya boyfriend. Pero feeling ko nanliligaw din.

"Oh eh di ligawan mo na rin. Para patas ang laban. Diba? Tinanong mo na ba si Ate Nicki kung pwede ka manligaw?"

Josh naman, syempre hindi. Pagkatapos kong mag-explain tatanungin ko talaga yun? Ayokong mabigla si Nicki. Tsaka mas maganda yung foundation ng isang relationship pag nagsisimula sa friendship.

"Sabagay may point ka naman. Kaso lang baka maunahan ka na naman ng iba. Alam mo naman si Ate Nicki, maganda na magaling pa maglaro. Isa sa crowd favorite yan diba? Di ako magtataka kung maraming manligaw dyan. Ayoko lang na maunahan ka na naman ng iba."

Relax ka lang. Hindi naman ako katulad nyo na sugod ng sugod. Seryoso ko kay Nicki at gusto kong makita nya yun. Kaya i'm gonna do it the right way.

"Sige, ikaw bahala kuya. Don't say I didn't warn you ha. Hehe! Oh sige na kumain ka na din dyan."

Oo na, akong bahala. Pero thank you talaga sa tulong niyo, at kay Sheena na rin. Hays, ang sarap lang ng feeling ko.

"Ikaw pa ba kuya?! Syempre suportado ka namin. And i'm glad to see you smile like that again. Alam mo naman para na kitang kapatid."

Thanks, Josh. Oh teka ikaw, anong meron? Bakit ang aga mo nagising? Linggo ngayon ah. Mamaya pa naman tayo magsisimba diba?

"Yun na nga, kuya. Eh kasi ano di muna ko makakasabay magsimba sayo. Kasi ano... niyaya ko yung nililigawan ko magdate. Hehehe!"

Ayan na nga ba sinasabi ko! Ikaw, ang bilis mo talaga sa babae! Seryoso na ba yan?

"Eh ganun talaga kuya, gwapings eh. Hahaha! Seryoso ko noh? Kelan ba ko nagloko sa babae?"

Seryoso nga papalit-palit ka naman. Naku sinasabi ko sayo pag ikaw nakahanap ng katapat mo ha? Sigurado iyak ka!

"Ay grabe ka naman sa iyak. Pero iba si Julia, seryoso naman ako sa kanya eh.

Julia? Yung classmate mo sa ECON?

"Yes, wala ng iba pa. Ang hirap nga mapapayag ng date eh."

Kung seryoso ka, eh di dalhin mo sa simbahan.

"Uy! Ikaw pala mabilis eh. Bakit sa simbahan agad? 1st date pa lang uyyyy!"

Gago! Yayain mo magsimba, ibig kong sabihin.

"Aaaahhh... di mo kasi nililinaw. Haha! Good idea yan, pag-iisipan ko. Hehe! Ikaw, wala ka bang lakad today?"

Meron dapat pero di ko alam kung tuloy eh. Today pa lang kasi dapat kami magkikita ni Nicki para mag-usap eh nag-usap na kami kagabi diba?

"Eh bat di mo pa tanungin?"

Baka tulog pa, i don't wanna disturb her. Pagod yun kahapon sa laro tapos nag-usap pa kami after. Anong oras na din siya nakauwi eh.

"Tatanong mo lang naman. Eh di mag-good morning ka muna para malaman mo kung bad mood o hindi. Pag hindi, tyaka mo tanungin. Hehe! Sige kain ka na, liligo na ko."

Sige na, maligo ka na nga. Diskarte ko na toh.

He ate his breakfast heartily as soon as Josh went out of the kitchen. From time to time he would check his phone for any messages.

Bakit ba ako yung naghihintay
ng text nya eh ako yung lalaki?
Malamang RJ hindi siya ang
unang magtetext diba?

After he's finished washing the dishes and cleaning up in the kitchen, he went back to his room. It was already a few minutes past 9 in the morning.

Siguro naman gising na yun.
Pwede na siguro ko magtext.

It didn't take long for his phone to vibrate, signaling a message received. He smiled seeing her name on his screen.

Yes! Gising na siya!

She just woke up from a good night sleep but she's still lazy to get up from her bed. She was reaching for her phone from the bedside table when it beeped. She instantly opened her inbox and smiled.

Good morning Mr. Sparks...
Early bird sa pambobola ha?!
She said while reading his message.

She typed in her reply with her eyes half-open. They exchanged messages again but she still feels sleepy so she closed her eyes again after she replied.

But her phone beeped again and she was immediately startled upon reading his message then rose from her bed at once.

Shit! OMG! Homaygahd!

She quickly typed in her reply, tossed her phone on the bed then scrambled to get to her bathroom to brush her teeth and freshen up. She didn't wait for his reply anymore.

Relax lang, Nicki! Breathe.
Hindi naman makakaakyat yun
sa unit mo dahil di naman niya
alam itong unit number. Hays! Bat
ba kasi ang aga-aga pumunta dito?
Juskupu naman talaga!

Once she's done fixing herself, she checked her phone again.

Aaaarrggh! Nakakainis kaaa!

To say that she was annoyed was an understatement. She was really pissed off. She received two more messages from him with the the last one asking for an apology.

Magbiro ka na sa lasing,
wag lang sa bagong gising!
Joke pala ha? Pwes, bahala ka
sa buhay mo! Kainis talaga!
Che!

She absentmindedly tinkered to her phone what she said then sent it to him. Several text messages came after but she didn't bother to read or reply anymore. She tossed her phone in bed then decided to just take a shower to cool down her head.

He didn't know what to do anymore. It was meant to be just a joke to keep the conversation going. He didn't think that she would take it seriously. It was too late when he realized that it was not funny for a person who just woke up. If its the other way around and it was Nicki who sent him that message just as he awoke, he will surely jump off the bed and immediately fix himself. He will definitely be annoyed to find out that it was just a joke.

Susmaryosep! Tatanga-tanga ka na
naman boy! Ano ka ngayon? Di ka na
nirereplyan ni Nicki. Bakit ko ba kasi
naisip biruin ng umagang-umaga?
Anong gagawin ko ngayon?

He tried to call Nicki but she wasn't answering her phone anymore. It just keeps on ringing. He tried numerous times but she still didn't answer. He was beginning to be agitated. They had just patch things up last night and he couldn't afford to make her mad again so he pondered on his next step.

I guess there's nothing left
to do. It's the only way to fix this.
Please naman, Nicki wag ka muna
magalit...

She deliberately left her phone in bed when she took a shower. She heard it beep and ring a couple of times when she came back to her room to dress up but she still intentionally ignored it until the ringing stops. Not that she's still irritated, but she just decided to get even with him by not responding at all. She only took her phone and saw the notifications when she decided to go out of her room to preprare breakfast in her mini-kitchen.

Four new messages and sixteen missed calls were all under his name. She can already imagine his worried face. She smiled as she began to read his messages but her phone suddenly vibrates as his name appeared in her screen. She thought of dropping the call but she accidentally tapped the green button and there's no turning back. So she put the phone in her ear and decided to end his misery.

Tama na pag-iinarte, girl!
Okay na, nakabawi na siguro tayo!

Hello Nicki! Nicki, thank God sinagot mo rin! I'm sorry... Sorry na talaga... nagbibiro lang talaga ko kanina...

It's not even funny, you know...

I know... but it's too late when i realized how insensitive i was... gusto ko lang naman talaga na bumangon ka na para makakain ka na... di ko naisip na baka gusto mo pa magrest... when i put myself in your situation kanina, maiinis din talaga ko... kaya i'm sorry... please forgive me... let me make it up to you...

It's fine, okay na yun. Nashock lang din ako kanina... wag mo na lang sana ulitin...

Yes, hindi na po mauulit, promise... sorry talaga... pano ba ko makakabawi sayo? Bumangon ka na ba?

Di na kailangan bumawi, okay na nga...
yep, bumangon na po ako... nakakahiya naman kasi sayo... hahaha!

Uy, grabe siya, sorry na nga po eh... nagbreakfast ka na ba?

No, not yet, pero nasa kitchen na ko.

Ayun sakto!

Anong sakto?

Eh kasi ano... nandito na ko sa lobby nyo...

Joke na naman ba yan? Haha.
Very funny. Naku, bahala ka na nga
sa buhay mo. Sige na muna, kakain
na ko. Text na lang tayo.

Per—

She didn't know what came over her. She didn't give him a chance to speak as she abruptly ended the call. She felt her heart beating fast and she nervously fluttered around her kitchen.

Bakit ba ko kinabahan? Eh joke lang naman yun for sure! Mga kalokohan talaga ni RJ, jusko! Kakasorry lang sa'k—

Her monologue was disrupted when her mobile phone rings again as well as her phone line in the condo. She saw RJ's name on her screen but she chose to answer the phone line from her condo first, leaving her mobile phone in the kitchen.

Hello!

Hello, Miss Nicki, si Mhela po ito sa reception. There's a gentleman here named RJ Faulkerson po looking for you. Wala po kasi sa guest list nyo si sir eh.

Oh, you've got to be kidding me!

Pardon, Ma'am?

Ah, ano, Mhela sorry. I mean, please
tell him i'll be there in 10 minutes. Thanks!

Alright po, Miss Nicki...

Oh, and Mhela...

Yes po?

Uhmmm... pakiadd na rin siya
sa guest list ko. Thank you.

Sure ma'am, will do po!

Okay, thanks. I'll be right there in a few.

She hung up and ran towards her room to change. It's a good thing she's already bathed so she quickly changed to a more presentable casual wear.

Bakit naman kasi nambibigla yung
tukmol na yun eh?! Susmadre!
Kaya pala iba yung kabog ng dibdib ko.

She checked herself in the mirror and fixed her hair into a messy bun. She then put some strawberry lip balm on her dry lips and sprayed perfume. Once done, she grabbed her purse and scampered towards the kitchen for her phone before she went out of her unit. She noticed two missed calls from RJ as she walked through the hall towards the elevator. Her heart pounded rapidly against her chest as her ride goes down.

Relax lang tayo, Nicki! Keep a straight face.
Don't look too excited. Hindi. Nope. Hindi
ka natutuwang makita siya.

The elevator stopped.

Remember, his looks can be deceiving.
Wag kang padadala sa dimples niya.
Whew! Okay, here it goes.

She stepped out of the elevator as soon as the doors opened. She immediately scanned the area and found him sitting at one side of the long sofa in the lobby, his back facing her. She smiled at Mhela when she glanced at the reception desk. Then her eyes went back on him as she walked closer. His masculine scent filled her nostrils as soon as she stopped right behind him.

Ang bango naman nito!

She noticed him fidgeting on his seat as he glanced sideways. He stood up and that's when she decided to make her presence known.

Hey.

He stiffened for a moment then he slowly turned and she was dumbfounded as they met each other's gaze.

OMG! Kalma lang tayo, Nicki!

Nicki...

Juskupu talaga! Di ko yata keri!
She was suddenly tongue-tied.

Nicki, i'm sorry...

W-what are you doing here?
Kala ko ba joke lang?

Uhmmm... I-I just arrived...
Natakot ako kasi di ka na nagreply
and di mo rin sinasagot yung tawag
so i hurriedly went here to
personally apologize. Kasi baka i
pissed you off.

You shouldn't have bothered. Okay na
nga diba? I just had something to do
kaya di ko nasagot agad yung tawag.

He scratched the back of his head and picked up the brown paper bag on the table then offered it to Nicki.

What's that for?!

Aaah... ano, peace offering sana...
dinalhan kita ng breakfast...
He shyly said, unable to look her in the eye.

Di naman na kailangan eh...
She still didn't take it.

He sullenly pouted and nodded, looking so deafeated.

Haaaays! Mukhang uwian na, RJ!

Gahd! Why do you have to be so cute?!

Ahhh...s-sige—-

Pero dahil gutom na ko,
tatanggapin ko na yan.
She smiled ever so sweetly.

Ha?
He was suddenly lost in her smile.

Diba para sa'kin yan?
She asked, pointing at the brown paper bag.

Aaahh, yes, for you nga.

She nodded then asked,
Ikaw? Nagbreakfast ka na ba?

Ha?

Huy! Anong nangyayari?
Ha ka ng ha?! Ayos ka lang ba?

Ah, oo, hindi, ano ah oo,
kumain na... Hehe!

Aaaah... do you wanna come up?

Pwede?

Nicki chuckled and shook her head but she didn't answer him. Instead, she turned around and started to walk towards the elevator as RJ stood frozen on his spot.

Nakakainis! Ang cute nitong tukmol na toh!
Tara na, dali!
She said as she pressed the elevator button
while looking back at him.

Ay susmaryosep! Eto na, eto na!
He grinned as he quickly took long
strides to get to her.

It didn't take long for them to reach her unit. She let him in as soon as she opened her door and RJ was in awe of how grand her unit is. It seemed like two or maybe three condo units joined together. She guided him to the living room first and asked for him to take a seat.

I-ikaw lang nakatira dito?

Huh? Yep, why?

Ah, wala naman. Nakakalula lang,
ang laki ng unit mo tapos ikaw lang
mag-isa.

Naku, sanay na ko. This is a gift from my parents. I've been staying here by myself for quite awhile na.

Nasan parents mo?

Nasa US.

Aahhh... ano yun vacation?

Nope. They live there.

Eh sinong kasama mo dito?

Hmmm? Wala, ako lang. I was supposed to migrate and study there na din for college. But I begged them for me to study here. Kasi gusto ko pang maglaro ng volleyball. Ayun,  after ng mahabang discussion, napapayag ko naman.

He noticed the sudden change in her mood. He might've hit a sensitive topic so he thought of a way to change the course of their conversation.

Buti na lang...

Ha? Buti na lang ano?

Aahhh... buti na lang pumayag. If not, I wouldn't have the privilege to meet the prettiest team captain, the ace smasher Nicki Mendoza. Hihi!

Ayun na, nambola na naman po siya!
She shook her head and smiled.

Successful ka boy! Ngumiti na ulit!

Nicki, ilang beses ko ba dapat ulitin
na hindi ako marunong mambola.
Lahat ng sinasabi ko sayo totoo.

Okay, fine. I believe you na.
Paiyak ka na eh.  Haha!

Grabe siya! Pero Nicki,
thank you ha.

Ha? Para saan?

Ah, kasi pinayagan mo ko
makapasok dito sa unit mo.

Tsss! No big deal. You're a
friend naman na, so okay lang.

Friendzoned na tayo agad, RJ!
Pero okay lang yan... diba sabi mo
nga mas matatag ang relationship
pag nagsisimula sa friendship?
Kaya okay lang yan...

RJ, okay ka lang ba?
You're spacing out eh.

Ha? Ah, yes. Ok naman ako.

So ano nga?

Ang alin?

Ay sus! Sabi ko anong dala mo?
Hahaha! Sure ka ba ok ka lang?
Maybe you need water or something?

Ay! Sorry, sorry. Eto oh.

He gave her the brown paper bag and Nicki reached out to take it.

Bakit ang dami naman?

Kasi hindi ko sure kung anong gusto
mo so i bought different kinds of
breakfast dyan sa coffee shop sa baba.
Yung coffee naman I bought Caramel Macchiatto kasi yun ang favorite ko.
Wala pa kasi akong idea how you like your coffee so yun na lang inorder ko. Sorry ha.

RJ ano ba? Sorry ka ng sorry.
This is too much nga eh. Kumain
ka ulit, sabayan mo ko. As for the coffee,
I guess we have the same taste buds.
Favorite ko rin ang Caramel Macchiatto.

Talaga? Ayun, sinwerte nakachamba!
Hihihi.

Ang cute mo!

Ha?

Ha? wala, tara dun na tayo sa
dining. Kainin na natin toh.

Oh, okay. Akin na, ako na lang
magbitbit nyan.

Okay, thanks.

They settled in the kitchen counter instead of the dining table. RJ took out the food from the paper bag while Nicki got plates and utensils for them then sat beside him.

Gahd! Ang dami mong inorder.
Anong tingin mo sa'kin, matakaw?

Naku hindi. Hindi ko lang talaga alam anong food yung gusto mo kaya para makasigurado akong kakain ka, lahat nang pwede binili ko na.

Infairness! Well, hindi naman ako choosy sa food pero usually bread lang ako pag umaga. Hindi talaga ko malakas kumain lalo na pag breakfast. Minsan nga nagsiskip na ko, derecho lunch na lalo na pag weekends.

Kaya pala ang payat mo eh...

Excuse me?!

Ako kasi heavy meal ang
breakfast ko palagi.

Ah, kaya pala—
She said, mimicking him.

Ano? Kaya pala ano?

Kaya pala ang chubby mo. Hahaha!

Grabe ka talaga sa'kin. Di ako
chubby noh, naggygym kaya ako.
He said, suddenly showing off his biceps.

O-Obviously.
She unconciously agreed, looking
at his well-toned biceps.

Ha?

Ha? Sabi ko kumain na tayo.
Nakakagutom eh.

They heartily ate breakfast while exchanging stories about volleyball, their courses and anything under the sun. They talked as if they were just two old friends reconnecting. It's as if nothing bad happened in their past. That's how they felt at ease and comfortable with each other. They were so engrossed with their conversation that they didn't notice that they already finished everything.

Jeez! Masyado mo kong nilibang, naubos
na natin yung food. Sobrang busog!
Thank you for the breakfast, RJ.

Sobrang busog eh parang ako lahat kumain. Bacon, egg at bagels lang kinain mo eh.

Hihihi! Ang dami na kaya nung kinain ko. Light meal lang talaga ko pag morning eh. Pero thank you for the breakfast, RJ.

You're always welcome, Nicki. Ikaw pa ba? Malakas ka sa'kin eh. Am i forgiven now?

Hmmmm...Isipin ko muna.

Uyyyy! Sabi mo kanina okay na.

Hahaha! Eh bat nagtatanong ka pa?

Nililinaw ko lang eh.

Okay na nga. Di naman ako galit eh.
Nainis lang ako kasi ba naman magbiro
ka talaga sa bagong gising?

Kaya nga nataranta ko. Late ko na
narealize yun. Ang bilis ko kayang
nagbihis tsaka nagpunta dito.

Hahaha! Pano pala kung
nakatulog lang ako ulit?

Ha? Eh di maghihintay ako sa
lobby hanggang magising ka.

Talaga? Eh kung hapon
na ko magising?

He looked deeply into her beautiful eyes
as he boldly  answered,
Kahit gabi ka pa gumising,
hihintayin pa rin kita.

Nicki suddenly felt shivers through her spine and heat  creep up to her cheeks with the way he adoringly gazed upon her. The palpable tension couldn't be denied between them as they were both lost in each other's eyes.

Grabe naman makatingin si Mr. Sparks.
I can literally feel something igniting me!

Then his gaze fell down to her supple lips just as she bit her lower lip. He softly gasped.

Don't you dare, RJ! Wag ka munang
tutuka. Utang na loob!

But his body has a mind of its own as he feels himself already inching closer towards her. Nicki remained motionless as she held her breath. Both of them staring at each other's lips, as if anticipating what will happen next.

Pigilan mo RJ, kingina ka!

Pigilan mo, Nicki!
Hindi ka easy to get, remember?!

Yayain mo na lang lumabas.
At least hindi ka matetempt. You're
doing this the right way diba?

Their noses touched and he saw Nicki shut her eyes tight.

Uhmmm.. Nicki...

RJ...

Both of them now breathing heavily, their lips just a breath away. He swallowed an invisible lump in his throat as he willed himself to pull away because he really want to do it the right way. But he found it hard to pull back, so he settled on touching his forehead to hers. Nicki gently opened her eyes when their foreheads touched and she stared straight into him.

Gawin mo yung tama, RJ!

Gahd! We can't start like this again.

He took a deep breath.

Uhmmm Nicki... can we...
do you... uhmmm do you
wanna make out?

Haaaaa?!
Nicki finally found her will pull away, stupefied

Shit! Shit! No! No! I mean do
you wanna go out yun! Like sa mall,
baka pwede lumabas tayo ngayon
kung wala kang lakad kasi ako wala
naman akong lakad diba dapat
magkikita tayo today sabi mo kahit
lunch time pa pwede ka so baka pwede
ituloy na lang natin yung—-

RJ! Hey!

—-lakad natin para makalabas tayo
dito kasi diba tayo lang nandito tapos
baka mamaya hindi ko na
talaga mapig—-

She held both of his arms and shook him, cutting him off.

Huuuuuy!

Huh?!

Chill ka lang, ang bilis mo na naman magsalita. Hahaha! Ganyan ka ba pag natataranta? Wala akong naintindihan
sa sinasabi mo.

Ay, sorry Nicki...
He sheepishly said and looked down.

Ano ba? Magsosorry ka na lang ba palagi?
Isa pang sorry mo, hindi na kita kakausapin. Ulitin mo na, dahan-dahan.

Ha? Ehhhemmm... ano sana..
Gusto ko lang malaman if pwede
natin ituloy yung plan natin? Diba
dapat magkikita tayo talaga today?

Aaahh... pero nag-usap na tayo last
night diba? That's why we set that
kasi you wanted us to talk, diba?

Kaya nga. Pero sayang naman
yung araw. Wala naman akong lakad.
Ay, ikaw pala baka my plans ka na.

Hmmmm...wala pa naman.

So pwede?

Ang alin? Ano bang gagawin?
Linawin mo din kasi.

Hangout lang...

Hangout?!

Ikaw?! Ano bang gusto mo?!

Jeez! Ganyan ka talaga magtanong
sa mga babae pag niyayaya mo sila?

Ha? Hindi. Hindi ko alam.
Ikaw pa lang kasi niyaya ko eh.
Di naman ako mahilig lumabas.

She bit the insides of her cheek as her heart flutters from what he said. She didn't wanna let it show.

Ano ba naman, self?! Ayusin mo kasi
ang tanong! Nakakahiya kay Nicki!

Teka, Nicki, pwede rewind?

Hahahahaha! Cute mo noh?!
She let out a hearty laugh.

Talaga? Cute ako?
He grinned at her.

Sira! Sabi ko kulit mo!

Aaaah iba kasi dinig ko. Hehe!

Go na! Rewind na! Hahaha!

Ay oo nga...
He took a deep breath and look directly into her eyes again just like a few minutes ago. She stopped laughing and held his gaze as she waited for him to speak up.

Nicki, would you like to go out
on a date with me?

She was looking at him with a straight face, void of any emotion. He held his breath as he patiently waited for her response. She raised her brow and his heart beats a little bit faster. Then ever so slowly, her lips curved into a beautiful smile before she gave her reply.

Yes, I'd love to.😊

************************************************
A/N: Yihee! Magdedate na sila sa susunod! Tingin niyo, hanggang kelan makakapagpigil ang ating mga bida? Hahaha!

Sorry medyo late itong update. This was meant to be posted for the weeksary kaso hindi ako umabot. So many things to do, so little time. Huhuhu! Medyo mahaba naman ito so i hope sulit!😬

Thank you po for reading! Sana po nag-enjoy kayo! Pasensya na hindi ko naproofread.

Let me hear your thoughts, comments and suggestions! Hihi!

Muchlove,
tinkybella16

P.S.
Kung hindi kayo masyadong busy, makitwitter party na. Tweet me with your comments or suggestions at makijojn tayo sa 3M goal for today. I'm so excited kasi nasa BW si Alden and Maine!
😍😍😍 Let's go ADN! Pordalab!❤️

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

11.5M 336K 68
X10 Series: Arthur Evangelista He dumped me at our own wedding. I left. I met HIM. And there came the SECRET. Do you want you to know about it? Let's...
11.4K 329 12
BONUS CHAPTERS
103K 2.6K 24
Nang masaktan si Sakuragi kay Haruko wala na syang ibang inisip kundi ang basketball hanggang sa dumating si Aicelle ang babaeng iibig sa kanya at ta...
2.5K 565 128
Park Jimin- a.k.a- Jess/jass Min Yoongi- a.k.a- Red Kim taehyung- a.k.a- Fatima Jeon Jungkook-a.k.a- Luigi Kim Namjoon- a.k.a- Neil Kim Seokjin- a.k...