24 Hours.

By fivesaucewhoop

Where a naive girl with lots of baggage and a rockstar that can't seem to think of anyone but himself fall in... More

24 Hours - blurb
0.1 - first encounters
0.2 - problem
0.3 - cell phone calls
0.4 - angel
0.5 - middle seat
0.6 - first name basis
0.7 - nicknames
0.8 - good girl
0.9 - help
1.0 - fifties
1.1 - google
1.2 - thoughts
1.3 - leaving
1.4 - lip bites
1.5 - twenty questions
1.6 - ham and cheese, please
1.7 - tips
1.8 - confessions
1.9 - apologies
2.0 - blame
2.1 - hashtag i don't knows
2.2 - tears
2.3 - adventure
2.4 - red one
2.5 - hair ties
2.6 - phone numbers
2.7 - tokens
2.8 - hiding
2.9 - first kisses
3.0 - hate
3.1 - stories
3.2 - little things
3.3 - sweatshirts
3.4 - dinner
3.5 - shopping
3.6 - break
3.7 - out
3.8 - strippers
3.9 - hot dogs
4.0 - beach
4.1 - skinny dipping
4.2 - pictures
4.3 - tattoos
4.4 - more tears
4.5 - rooftop
4.6 - idontknowwhattocallthis
4.7 - ice cream
4.8 - frick frack
4.9 - more phone calls
5.0 - wait
5.1 - breakfast
5.2 - window seat
5.3 - plane sex¿
5.5 - broken promises
5.6 - hospitals
5.7 - EVEN MORE TEARS
5.8 - surprise
5.9 - lyrics
6.0 - notsurewhattocallthiseither
6.1 - finally
6.2 - awk
6.3 - date
6.4 - goodNIGHT
Epilogue

5.4 - home

241K 9.6K 2.6K
By fivesaucewhoop

Sydney, Australia

23:14

Skylar didn't talk to Luke for the rest of the flight, despite all of his begging. She knew that he felt bad and she hoped that he regretted what he'd did, but right now Skylar felt that she just needed some space away from Luke for a while. He was a jerk to her and she wasn't going to forgive him just like that, because Skylar wasn't that stupid anymore.

"Sky, please talk to me." Luke whispered, and leaned over her shoulder as they walked down the aisle of the plane. They'd just landed, and all Skylar could really think about was how badly she wanted to just get off and go see her mom.

"What is there to talk about?" Skylar glanced over her shoulder at Luke, who was smiling solely because she'd spoken to him again. Luke nervously chewed on his bottom lip as they walked the rest of the way off the plane and towards the terminal. Finally, Luke spoke again.

"I wanted to tell you that I - " But Luke was cut off by lots of shouting and camera flashes, and it honestly took Skylar a minute to process what was happening.

She finally understood what was going on when she heard everyone calling Luke's name, asking him questions (a lot of them being about her) and yelling for him to turn towards him. There were fans, too, lots of fans and they all looked like they wanted to murder Skylar.

Luke immediately dropped Skylar's hand and took at least two steps to the side of her, like they weren't even together anymore. He reached out and barely placed his hand on her back, leading her through the crowds.

"Why are they here?" Skylar finally asked, once her and Luke had found a place to stand that was far away from all the madness caused by them.

"I don't - " Luke looked around, not meeting Skylar's stare, like he was in a trance.

"Luke," Skylar repeated, "Why are they here?"

"It's what they do." Luke said, shrugging. He acted like he wasn't even phased by this, like it was completely normal for people to crowd and shout at him like that.

Skylar felt like she was going to have a nervous breakdown, and she was only surrounded by people for a few minutes. She didn't like the way they were yelling, or begging for pictures, or asking so many questions. And she hated it even more that she was the main topic of conversation.

"You're not bothered by that?" Skylar asked.

"No, not really." Luke shrugged again. Skylar was suddenly even more upset than she had been with Luke, because he wasn't being very nice about this. It was pretty obvious that Skylar was having a hard time handling this, and Luke wasn't exactly acting like he cared.

"I need to go get my bag..." Skylar mumbled, looking down at the floor. She tried to push passed Luke, but he grabbed her by the shoulders and stopped her.

"Can you stay here for a minute?" He asked.

"What? Why?" Skylar questioned, not understanding. She just wanted to leave, why wasn't Luke letting her leave?

"Because I need to get my bag, too, and it'll bring too much attention to everything if you go at the same time as me." Luke shrugged again.

"But, Luke, I really have to - "

"I just think you should...um, wait over there." Luke interrupted, licking his lips.

"What? No. Why?" Skylar asked, not understanding. Did Luke forget or something? She needed to get home, like, now. She couldn't stand around and wait for him to be done getting his bags before she got to pick up hers. She had something waiting for her, Luke didn't.

"It's just...crowded." Luke looked around again. The crowds really weren't that bad anymore, they'd sort of dispersed after they realized that Luke wasn't going to give them the time of day and now there was just a small group of paps watching them, but Skylar could care less.

"No it's not." Skylar shook her head. "Not anymore.

"There are paps here." Luke said blankly.

"So?"

"Skylar, just wait over there." Luke sighed, and literally pointed to the far corner of the airport, where Skylar would definitely be out of sight from anyone important enough to care about Luke and who he's seen with.

"I have to get my bag." She repeated and tried to walk away, but Luke grabbed her by the wrist and spun her around.

"Skylar."

"Luke, I have to get my stuff, I have to go." Skylar said, hoping that Luke would understand why she was in such a hurry. He'd understood earlier, why did he seem like he just didn't get it now?

"Then go!" Luke yelled. He let go of Skylar and pushed her back a little, so she wasn't so close to him. "Jesus fucking Christ, just give me my stuff back."

"What?" Skylar asked, because she didn't even know what he was talking about. What stuff did she even have of his?

"My sweatshirt, give it back so I can use the hood." Luke said, holding his hand out. Skylar glared at him as she dug the sweatshirt out of her backpack, crumpling it into a ball before throwing it at him.

"Why are you acting like such an asshole?" Skylar asked, folding her arms across her chest.

"I'm not." Luke said, as he put the sweatshirt back on for the first time in almost two days. He turned towards the group of paps again. "Shit, they're looking."

"Who cares? Aren't you used to people looking at you? I thought you told me that you didn't care what anyone thought about you anymore." Skylar said, now more upset with Luke than she had been on the plane. It was like he'd completely back into the person that she met a day ago, the cocky asshole that didn't care about anything but himself.

It was like he'd stopped trying to be the real him, the real Luke that Skylar fell for.

"Well, apparently I do." Luke said sarcastically, smirking meanly back at her.

"Oh."

"Don't act so upset, you honestly thought that I changed? That I didn't care what people thought about me anymore?" Luke scoffed.

"Well...that's what you told me. I believed you." Skylar said softy and brought her hand up to her mouth, biting her nails for the first time in what felt like days.

"Skylar," Luke sighed and pinched the bridge of his nose, like he had a headache.

"What?" Skylar asked, looking back up at him. He looked angry, but also sad, yet happy. Skylar had no idea what he was even thinking, and she didn't exactly want to find out.

"This isn't going to work." Luke finally spoke after a minute, taking a big step back from Skylar.

"What?" She asked again.

"We can't make this work." Luke repeated. He ran his fingers through his hair and tugged hard on the ends of it, letting out a groan.

"How? What did I - How?" Skylar stammered, because she automatically thought that it was her fault. Everything was always her fault, anyway.

"It's not going to work. Do you see this? How insane everything is?" Luke said, a shirt laugh escaping his lips. He glanced around the airport again, gesturing to all of the people and the dumb paparazzi that ruined everything.

"I thought you would - "

"You thought wrong. I'm too famous and you're too - too normal for this to work out." Luke snapped.

"I don't understand." Skylar muttered, shaking her head. She should have seen this coming, though, why did she ever think that it would be a good idea to trust some selfish boy she met on a plane?

"All you really need to understand is that whatever happened last night should stay between us." Luke said, almost no emotion in his voice. That was probably what hurt Skylar the most, because Luke didn't even seem hurt by this.

"What do you mean?"

"I mean that we should pretend this never happened. Just don't tell anyone, don't think about it too much, try to forget about everything." Luke explained, and the ache in Skylar's chest got even worse. This was it, she'd put all of her trust in a guy that she didn't even know and had fallen in love with him, only to have him break her heart hours later.

"Why?"

"Because this isn't going to work and I don't want you to sit around and think about it all day when you could be doing other things." Luke said quickly, looking around again. Skylar wished that he would just knock it off, it made her feel like he didn't want to be seen with her. She was right, though, she knew it.

"What does that mean?" Skylar asked. She didn't even know why she was asking anymore, by this point she should have just walked away from him. She didn't need Luke anymore, everything would he so much better if he was just out of her life.

"I can't make this work for you." Luke said again, slowly backing away from where Skylar was standing.

She felt like crying, but this time she wasn't going to. Skylar was all cried out.

"I still don't get it, Luke." She said, barely above a whisper, hoping that he didn't actually hear her and would just walk away and get out of Skylar's life. She really hated him at the moment, and she never wanted to see him again.

"I'm not what you need." Luke said loudly, probably too loud. "So just go away, okay? Jesus Christ, just go away."

So Skylar shoved her way passed Luke, purposely bumping into him and whacking his stomach with her backpack, before she headed straight towards the baggage claim, trying to hold herself together until she got outside, at least, because she couldn't let Luke see her cry over him.

In a perfect world Skylar would have been in Australia hours ago and would already be taking care of her sick mother, spending as much time with her that she could until that fateful time finally came. She wouldn't have met Luke or if she had she wouldn't have paid any extra attention to him. She wouldn't have followed along with his stupid adventure and most of all she wouldn't be here, getting her heart broken.

But this wasn't a perfect world and Skylar wasn't with her mom yet. She had gotten stuck in America and went to a dingy hotel with a cocky rockstar that only used girls for sex and wouldn't even find Skylar and make plans for that date that he'd talked about. She paid too much attention to the annoying asshole on the plane and got too attached, following him around town with his stupid games and adventures. And here she was, getting her heart broken.

-

oh shit

this story's going to be over soon btw

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.2K 155 73
One girl dancing her heart out. One boy without a clue where he's going. Hey, they're taking on the world.
10.4K 335 80
She was just an ordinary girl , but living a life no one deserves. ⚠️⚠️⚠️⚠️⚠️⚠️⚠️⚠️This story is triggering so please read own risk , it does contain...
403 16 12
In which an innocent girl falls in love with a troubled addict
4.9K 380 32
In which a sad girl loves a boy so much, she temporarily forgets to hate herself. "I love you so much it hurts. Is this what love is supposed to fee...