1.3 - leaving

11:34 AM

"What are you doing?" Skylar asked, putting a hand on Luke's shoulder to help him steady himself.

"Where are you going?" Luke returned Skylar's question with one of his own, not answering at all. Skylar kept eyeing the group of girls that were a few feet away from the two of them, still snapping pictures on their cell phones. Thankfully they were keeping their distance, they obviously had enough respect not to crowd around Luke and Skylar while they talked.

"I was just walking around. I couldn't stand sitting there with nothing to do." Skylar explained, finally returning her attention to Luke.

"Well you can't stand sitting at all. Like, you're either sitting or standing. You don't stand sit..." Luke laughed nervously and looked down at Skylar, who has raised an eyebrow at him in confusion.

"Okay... Anyway, what are you doing?" She asked, trying to change the subject. She didn't understand why Luke would leave talking to his fans for her, of all people. She thought that they were done spending time with each other and assumed that he would have much more fun hanging out with his fans.

"I was looking for you." Luke said quietly. He grabbed Skylar's wrist and pulled her with him as he walked, trying to get away from the fans he was with moments before.

"Were you really?" Skylar laughed, looking over her shoulder and eyeing the group of girls behind them.

"Honestly, I was." Luke sighed, "I wanted to apologize for earlier."

"Oh, earlier." Skylar nodded. She didn't know why she got so upset with him, she just wanted to leave him alone. She felt like she was probably bothering him anyway, he must have only bought her coffee to be nice. Skylar thought that Luke felt bad for her, because of the way she reacted to their whole crazy situation. She felt that it would have been better if they just separated then, but apparently Luke didn't want that.

"I'm sorry if I upset you." Luke said, "I'm not very good at, uh, people skills, I guess."

"I guess." Skylar laughed. Luke was pretty awful at getting to know people, and especially treating people the right way. He had worse people skills than Skylar, and she hardly left the house enough to even interact with anyone.

"Listen, Sky, I'm really sorry for being such a dick to you all morning. I want to get to know you, I really do. Can you please just let me?" Luke asked.

"Sure, why not? I mean, we're stuck here for almost another 24 hours anyway." Skylar scoffed. She was still upset about her plane being delayed, but had been trying her hardest to adjust well to the minor change in plans.

"Hey, don't act like that." Luke sighed. "I'm sure we can find something to do."

"There's only so many places we can go and drink coffee." Skylar laughed lightly, giving Luke a small shrug. She was already bored with her surroundings, the airport wasn't very big at all. It had a few places to eat and a big "Welcome to California" shop, but other than that it was mainly made of up rows of seats to sit on while waiting for your plane.

"Oh, but I have a plan." Luke smiled mischievously at Skylar as his hand brushed up against hers just slightly. This time Skylar didn't pull away, she let Luke bring her hand closer to his and intertwine their fingers.

"Do you now? Luke Hemmings, the man with the plan." Skylar joked. She let Luke lead her all the way to the other side of the airport until they were met by a huge set of glass doors, otherwise known as; the exit.

"That's what they call me." Luke responded, his lips forming into a small smirk as he dragged Skylar behind him. He held the door open for Skylar and she felt the wind on her face as she stepped outside, glad to be free from the stuffy airport. It felt like ages since she had actually been outside, when in reality it was only a few hours.

"What are we doing?" Skylar asked suddenly, realizing that Luke hadn't explained any of this.

"Leaving." Luke answers simply. He raised the hand that wasn't holding Skylar's in the air and snapped his fingers a few times, getting the attention of a man leaning against a car parked only a few feet away. He looked like he had been there all day, waiting for someone to need his services, so he got in his car right away and backed up until he was in front of Luke and Skylar, who was still having trouble understanding all of this.

"Leaving where?" Skylar stayed standing where she was, despite how many times Luke tried to drag her closer to the car.

"Sky, come on." Luke groaned. He looked like he was about to grab Skylar, throw her over his shoulder, and literally toss her into the car. He was clearly getting fed up with her not moving.

"Leaving where?" She repeated.

"Uh, I don't know, somewhere more exciting than this old dump?" Luke rolled his eyes. He dropped Skylar's hand, both of them no longer in the mood to be that close to each other anymore.

"No, we can't leave. How are we going to pay for this?" She asked, now able to cross her arms over her chest since she wasn't holding Luke's hand. She almost missed the feeling of him not being there, but she tried not to think of it that much because at the moment she was actually kind of mad at him.

Why did he suddenly think it was okay for him to try and take her wherever he pleased? He didn't consult Skylar with his little plan at all, and she knew that he was just trying to be all cute and mysterious with it but it really hadn't worked for her. Skylar liked to be the one with the plan, the one that always knew what was going on. She didn't like not knowing what was happening, she would prefer to be the one organizing things.

"I'm Luke Hemmings, baby, I've got more money than you'll ever have." Luke laughed loudly and reached out for Skylar's hand yet another time, but again she stepped back from him, turning away for what felt like the hundredth time that day.