2.7 - tokens

3:05 PM

"Sky, I swear, if you try to tell me that you've never - "

"Pac-Man!" Skylar squealed, interrupting Luke. She let go of his hand and threw his sweatshirt back at him, already hurrying towards the game in the corner.

"Never played video games, I'll kill you." Like finished, awkwardly looking around the room as Skylar ran away from him.

They were all this dingy little arcade that was in the downtown area of wherever they were, and Luke had seen it when they were driving to the park earlier. Luke hadn't originally had a plan for this little "adventure" but luckily they walked by the arcade at the right time and Luke decided that they should go inside. Mostly to get out of the rain, but also because Luke wanted to find a video game that Skylar had never heard of and kick her ass.

"Luke, come on!" Skylar bounced up and down, waving Luke over to her. He couldn't help but feel butterflies - or rather, moths - in his stomach at the sight of Skylar like this, looking so happy. She was practically glowing with excitement, like she had never seen anything like this before.

"I'm coming, I'm coming." Luke smiled at her, slowly making his way over to where Skylar was standing. Luke had just realized how hard it was to move around with all of Skylar's stuff on his back plus the few things that he had with him, he couldn't just run across the room like he normally would have been able to.

"You made it!" Skylar said sarcastically, rolling her eyes as Luke finally appeared next to her, dropping her backpack onto the floor and wrapping an arm around her waist.

"I made it," Luke smirked at her, looking down. Skylar was so tiny compared to Luke, he liked it. Actually, he loved it. "Now what?"

"Have you played Pac-Man? Oh, of course you have. That's stupid, why would I even ask that? Who hasn't played Pac-Man?" Skylar rambled on, letting out a nervous chuckle as Luke watched her.

She was so adorable, Luke honestly just wanted to take Skylar and a big blanket and wrap themselves up in it and stay there for hours and hours on end. He just wanted to cuddle up with her and have her bury her face in his chest like she alway did, like she was trying to hide from something. He could live with that, never even moving again, as long as he was with Skylar.

"I'm surprised that you've even played this game, you never do anything!" Luke laughed. He reached up again and took Skylar's hair tie out of her hair, which she had sneakily grabbed out of her backpack while Luke was walking in front of her.

"That's so untrue." Skylar giggled, shoving Luke away from her. She seem to ignore the fact that Luke had just taken her hair out of the ponytail again, he wondered if she had even noticed.

Luke leaned down and left a short kiss on Skylar's forehead before turning back to the game, which was waiting for tokens to be put into it. He untangled himself from Skylar and reached into his pocket, pulling out his wallet and taking out a fifty dollar bill, which was the smallest one he had.

"Go get some tokens," He said, handing the money to Skylar, "I'll wait here."

"Oh, I get it, I have to do all the dirty work." Skylar scoffed, flipping her hair over her shoulder as she turned away from Luke.

"You know it." He leaned forward and gently slapped her ass, making her yelp.

"Luke!" She yelled, turning around and glaring at Luke, crossing her arms over her chest.

"Shh, baby, you don't need to scream my name until later tonight." Luke shushed her. They were literally the only people in the arcade, and Luke felt just a little uncomfortable with the fact that the old man - named Bob, Luke asked him earlier - at the front of the building could probably hear every word they said.