A Vampire's Marine (boyxboy)

By DoUbLeZone

When a master class vampire decides he wants a certain marine by his side then nothing; not even that marine'... More

Author's Notes
Prologue: Departure.
Chapter 1: Battlefield
Chapter 2: Vamp moods
Chapter 3:Denial, Guilt, Shame...love.
Chapter 4: Kaio's Patient
Chapter 5: Before the present
Chapter 6: The flesh is weak.
Sneak Peek for Chapter 7
Chapter 7: Before the court.
Chapter 8: Decisions
Chapter 9: The spirit of the coven.
Chapter 10: Use of Force.
Chapter 11: His sick bed.
Chapter 12: Plans and Schemes
Chapter 13: Sleep deprived
Chapter 14: We need to talk.
Chapter 15: Recollections of the past.
Chapter 16: Snow White and My Prince.
Chapter 17: While you were away.
Bonus chapter: Giving in.
Chapter 19: The shapes in the clouds.
Chapter 20: The Ant and his escort.
Chapter 21: Night Life.
Bonus Chapter: All good things must come to an end.
Chapter 22: Consequences.
Chapter 23: Plans and Schemes.
Chapter 24: Dear Rien.
Chapter 25: My brother; the snake.
Chapter 26: Low spirits all 'round.
Chapter 27: Breakfast routine
Chapter 28: Discovery bay.
Chapter 29 : In-flight
Chapter 29 continued...
Chapter 30: Human of the wolf pack.
Chapter 31: As he lay dying.
Chapter 32: My promise to the world.
Chapter 33: My brothers; his saviors.
Chapter 34: In transition
Chapter 35: My Keeper. My Savior. My King.
Chapter 36: Soon it will pass...
Chapter 37: Let us howl at the moon...
Chapter 38: Schemes and Plans
Chapter 39: Betrayal
Chapter 40: Some Are Born Great.
Chapter 41: What lies within
Mini bonus Chapter
Chapter 42: A little bit of your attention
Sneak Peek for chapter 43
Chapter 43: The blue room and the brothers.
Chapter 44: The Universe Has Won.
Chapter 45: Zahir
Chapter 46: The calm before the storm
Chapter 47: Immortality
Chapter 48: In the throes of war
Chapter 49: Target Practice
Chapter 50: Heir to the Throne
Chapter 51: Clandestine Lover
Chapter 52: First Son.
Chapter 53: Kandane
Chapter 54: The S.S. Christoah
Chapter 55: Primary Objective
Chapter 56: Damascus and Demetrius
Chapter 57: Our Future Together
Chapter 58: Sweet Mary
Chapter 59: Brother Dearest

Chapter 18: The hunted.

57.5K 2.4K 606
By DoUbLeZone

Chapter 18

 “He hunts the wolves? Is he mad?”

My surprise evident, it was the very last thing I expected to hear. This was…this was truly madness.

“I cannot say whether he is thinking clearly or not, but we cannot allow this to continue.” Jorlon said, his eyes downcast.

“What can he possibly hope to achieve? The beasts are relentless when they have been wronged, and they are greater in number than our entire species.” I could hear the outrage in my voice and I could feel it bubbling within me.

“Only our father knows his own mind. We can only hope to find a way to dissuade him and of that I have my doubts.”

“You know him well enough to understand that once he has chosen a path, he cannot be discouraged from it.” Marcan continued.

“Then what course of action can we possibly take?” Jorlon questioned him and Marcan stood, moving silently across the room, where he bent and picked up his cloak.

“If the wolves catch wind of Father’s plan we can surely expect a war…a war that we will lose brothers.” He slipped the soft material over his shoulders, then turned to face us once more. His eyes shone with determination and regret.

We knew his solution without his spoken words, and the thought alone was too much the fathom.

Jorlon stood. “He is using the wolves’ allies to single out each pack’s weakness. We managed to warn our far land brothers in time so that they could flee, what if we were to continue doing so. Surely it would make a difference?” Jorlon seemed to be pleading.

“It was pure luck that allowed us to learn that our far land brethren were allied with the wolves, the chances of such good fortune occurring once more is unlikely.” Peitre explained.

“Then we have no choice.” I said quietly. “Father’s death is the only way to secure our continued existence.”

Marcan nodded. “It is the only way.”

“Then it shall come to pass.” Peitre finished. I watched as he too stood and pulled on his cloak, Jorlon followed suit.

“What of Kandane? Is he to know of our plan?” I questioned and Marcan’s eyes shot to mine.

“No. He is more like our father than you know. He cannot be trusted.”

“Then how do we succeed? He will certainly turn against us should we put an end to father’s reign.”

“Then I fear he too must meet his end.” Marcan said simply and I stood.

“No. I refuse to harm our brother. We will make him see reason.” I suggested.

“And if he does not?” Peitre asked.

I looked at each of them in turn, they could not possibly be prepared to live on without him.

“I will not harm Kandane. I would sooner see us plunged into war than watch my brother die.” I said with a finality that rang as clear as a bell in the silence.

Marcan pulled the hood of his cloak up so that it covered his face. “Then we shall find another way.” He said. “Come brothers, let us hunt, we have postponed custom long enough.”

He was out the door in a heartbeat, leaving only the brush of the wind as he passed, and soon the others followed. I pulled on my own cloak when I alone stood in the dark room, and then I too was one with the night.

……………………………………………………….

~Tony’s POV~

It was night already and I’d wasted the entire day lounging around, thinking...always thinking; about Malik and his secrets, about what Kaio had said, and about the ceremony later tonight. I squeezed the grape between my thumb and forefinger and watched as the juices spilled over onto my fingers.

 I still didn’t know what to make of the events of the day. I found my thoughts travelling to Rien more often than it should, and I was annoyed with myself for not visiting him when I’d had the chance this morning. Kaio told me the hunting party had left much later than usual…only twenty minutes ago actually. A whole day wasted.

Through the window across the room I could see the stars high in the sky. I pictured Rien and his brothers sucking the life out of some helpless girl, and it left me feeling even more frustrated that I’d been after doing my research on Malik this morning.

I dropped the squashed grape onto my plate and pushed up from the table. The place was too big. Even with about a dozen drudges running around upstairs I couldn’t hear a sound. Just silence and emptiness and my own thoughts. I exited the dining room and dropped down onto the first couch I saw when I entered the ‘family’ room.

There was nothing in the form of entertainment here, just chairs, paintings and ancient looking books. I wondered if it would kill Rien to get a damn TV in the place. At least it would have provided some form of distraction, and God knows I needed it. I stretched out onto the couch, my head resting against the chair arm as my eyes drifted shut.

“You have not eaten.”

“I know.” I responded to kaio’s statement then cracked my eyes open to watch him cross the room. He crouched before me, his eyes travelling over my face and I drew back slightly.

“Ever heard of personal space?”

“We prepared all your favorite foods, is it not to your liking?”

“It’s fine, I just lost my appetite.” I mumbled, once again allowing my eyes to drift close.

“Are you ill?” his cool hand touched my face and I batted it away, eyes still closed.

“No, haven’t you ever just not felt like drinking blood?” I asked, cracking my eyes open yet again.

He cocked his head slightly and bit his lip, giving my question serious thought. “No, I don’t believe I have.”

I rolled my eyes. Of course not.

“Maybe it’s just a human thing, doesn’t mean I’m sick and it doesn’t mean anything’s wrong with the food.” I explained and after brief contemplation he seemed to accept it.

I watched as he straightened up from the ground and went to sit in the chair across from me. He crossed his legs, which made his long robes swish around his ankles, and when he was finally comfortable, his eyes settled on me.

He smiled. “Malik is doing better, soon he shall be roaming these halls as much as you do.”

“Couldn’t care less.”

Kaio continued, unperturbed. “He inquired about you today.”

“Uhuh.”

“He wanted to know how you were doing.”

I could just imagine the smirk on the bastard’s face when he found out I’d actually been dumb enough to research him.

“Honestly Kaio, the last person I wanna talk about is Malik.”

He uncrossed his legs and got up. “Very well.”

I pushed up unto my elbows, watching him in surprise. “Where are you going?”

“I must prepare for the ceremony. My Lord would not be pleased should I arrive late.” He said before turning to go and I sighed, lowering myself back onto the couch.

I could feel a headache coming on and I kneaded my forehead with the pads of my fingers. I could hear Kaio ascending the stairs. His footfalls were like the sound of raindrops against pavement, too light to disturb, but still enough to soak through if given the chance, and I felt every step like thunder in my mind.

I closed my eyes and continued to knead, but the aching only grew and with it thoughts from earlier rose up. Malik, Christophe, Kaio’s words, the ceremony, Rien…Rien…Rien….

I opened my eyes and sat up, allowing my hands to fall to my lap, and with a curse I stood.

I was going to the damn ceremony.

……………………………………………….

~Rien’s POV~

The taste of her blood was like a soothing balm over my tongue, quenching the thirst at the very core of my being. It flowed through her and into me, and I could feel the life in every drop. There was nothing in the world like this.

It was like the sweetest sugar, the most refreshing fruit, like fine wine on a warm day, or like the scent of the earth travelling on the breeze. I could hear the beat of her frail heart, pumping to keep her body alive, but most importantly, I could hear the squelching of the blood within, every twist and every turn, journeying through her veins and into my mouth, where not a drop was wasted, where every drop satisfied, but did not quench.

I yearned for the chance to take all this vessel had to offer, but the smell of her fear floated through my senses and attacked my conscience. One last taste, one last drop, before I pulled away and pushed her from me. She fell to the ground, her salted tears feeding the earth as she begged me to leave her.

I ran my tongue over my teeth and lips, searching for remnants of the metallic liquid. On the ground the girl still cried, clutching at her ruined neck in horror and fear.

Around me, I heard the sounds of my brothers feeding, and I smelled the fresh blood they had allowed to be spilled, to be wasted. They were messy eaters…always were.

I turned away from the girl, my eyes travelling over the others, watching them take their fill as I too craved more. My eyes searched and sought, then finally they found. A man this time, cowering in the street as he watched us and wailed. He had surely never seen beasts the likes of us before, and now he possibly wished it to be a dream.

I could make him dream, I thought. Just a touch of my lips to his neck, a deep swallow, maybe two, and he could dream on forever. I took a step toward him, a smile gracing my lips as his eyes widened at my approach, then his fear grew, and his screams penetrated the air, tainting the night with its terror.

When my teeth pierced his flesh his screams all but melted into a whimper, and with a drag and swallow, my eyes drifted shut and I was once again enveloped in the taste; the succulence, the richness. It was sweet.

…………………………………………………

~Tony’s POV~

I sat in the stands with Kaio, watching the chaos ensue around me. It felt more packed that last time. The large court almost felt as if it had diminished in size. Around me, the bloodsuckers chanted and screamed. Many laughed and shouted down to the competitors in the center of the space, but for the most part they were ignored.

There were dozens of them, more than the first time I’d been here. They stood silently in the center of the court, lined out like soldiers standing in a cue. Heads straight, postures impeccable, feet apart and eyes ahead.

At the very front of the room sat the leader of the coven, his son by his side, but the others had yet to arrive and I wondered where they could be. Fifteen minutes we’d been sitting here, and still no Rien, and not once did the competitors move a muscle. It was as if they were waiting for an order. Maybe they waited for him.

Beside me, Kaio was a ball of excitement. He didn’t show it, but I could feel it. At the end of the day he was just like the rest of them; thirsty for bloodshed and ripped flesh. I shook my head. Coming here was a mistake, it wouldn’t be much different from the first time. In fact, judging by the crowd, I’d say it would be worse, much worse.

I looked around the room, then back to the center of the space, and like it had so many times before, my gaze traveled to Christophe, his white hair wasn’t easily missed. He wore similar clothing like the rest of them, all leather. I guess it was easier to wash blood from leather, but then with the amount of bloodshed we’d surely witness tonight, I figured the best thing to do would be to dump the clothes once the fight was over.

A horn sounded, and I followed the gaze of the rest of the audience as the massive doors of the court opened, and in walked the brothers, with Rien following close behind them. They were expressionless as they moved, quick with their steps, but showing no emotion as the crowd erupted in cheers at their entrance.

It surprised me to see people bending over the rails and stretching as far as they could manage so they could touch Rien. He didn’t shy away from their hands, but neither did he encourage them. Instead, he walked briskly like his brothers, his robes as black as the night, draped over his body like they belonged.

A few from the crowd called out his name but he kept his head straight as he walked, and soon he was sitting with his brothers and father at the front of the room.

“They’re treating him like he’s some kind of celebrity.” I said almost scornfully, and Kaio nodded and offered me a smile.

“He is our people’s champion, it is how he is always treated.” He said by way of explanation.

“What do you mean?”

Kaio’s brows furrowed. “Do you know nothing of your own mate Tony?” he asked in surprise. “Lord Riener is the epitome of a strength, the ultimate warrior and the people respect him for it. As they should.”

“Lemme guess, he’s the leader of your blood sucking army?”

“He once commanded our warriors yes, but he is far more than that.” He glanced over at Rien and smiled. “For centuries he has led our people into battle, and not once have we failed. He has trained the best of our warriors, broken the spirit of our most relentless enemies through determination alone. He is revered amongst our people Tony, surely he has told you of his accomplishments.”

I shook my head slowly, surprised by his words. “He might have mentioned something, but I never really gave it much thought…” I trailed off, my eyes on Rien as I reflected on kaio’s words.

“It is believed he will succeed his father as ruler of this coven, even as the youngest master class blood drinker amongst his brothers.”

“Just because he can lead an army?”

“We are the warrior coven Tony. It takes a mighty champion to lead us. His father is worthy, but Lord Riener…he is something else entirely.” He said, as if he himself was in awe of his own master. “In the distant covens they call him the ‘Príncipe cruel’ -The ruthless prince.” He translated. “I am truly lucky to be a servant to one such as he.” He said with obvious pride and once again my eyes drifted to Rien.

 I wondered just how much I really knew about him.

“Did you not wonder why so many have chosen to compete?” he asked then, and I shrugged.

“Thought this was the same for every ceremony.”

Kaio shook his head. “I do not think I have ever seen so many blood signatures on a single mating parchment, and every day the list grows. Our leader promised you would be free of our coven once the ceremony ends, but it is clear it will continue for longer than any of us had anticipated.”

I was surprised that the news didn’t anger me. I didn’t know what to feel.

A hushed silence fell over the court then, and Rien stood to speak.

“For you to have come this far means you have shown outstanding courage, strength and true bravely. I commend you.” He addressed the competitors. “I am truly honored that you would all wish to stand with me, but only one can hold a place by my side. I wish you all the best.” He finished and when he sat, cheers tore through the crowd.

It was the speech that signaled the starting of the fight, and I watched as the participants took their places.

“It is strange.” Kaio spoke again and I glanced at him.

“What’s strange?”

“That you would give up a man so many others choose to die for.” He said seriously, and for a moment I only looked at him, surprised by his words. I took a breath and turned away, my eyes once again moving to the center of the room as the fight began.

When the first punch was thrown I put Kaio’s words from my mind.

……………………………………………

The woman dodged, her midnight black hair flying freely behind her and as expected, her opponent latched onto the lengthy strands and pulled her across the floor. She fell, her backside hitting the hard surface and I could have sworn I heard a crunch.

 I watched in morbid fascination as he slammed his fist into her face, again and again until the blood gushed, then, when she lay, limp and weak, he took hold of either side of her head and twisted roughly.

I turned away, but nothing, not even the noise from the cheering spectators, could mask the sound of bone being pulled apart. I imagined the sickening thud of a headless body falling to the floor and gritted my teeth against the thought.

Another match won, too many more to go.

As the night progressed, the vamps around me never grew tired. They cheered endlessly for every match, their stomping feet and barbaric cries were something I wouldn’t soon forget. Match after match, vamp after vamp went down, their blood spilled on the fighting space; their lives extinguished and all for one man.

Too often my eyes strayed to him. Much like the first time, he sat comfortably watching the match, but he looked more bored than impressed, and truth be told, either emotion was disturbing in the face all that brutality.

Snow white’s match had been one of the first to start off the ceremony and to my surprise he’d been pretty skillful in his execution. Twenty minutes into his match, he had managed to rip the heart out of his opponent’s chest. I remembered the blood dripping from his white hair and trickling down his face. He was a good person, Kaio said, but good people didn’t do what he did, and Rien didn’t need someone like him. He didn’t need any of them, they were too…polluted.

Five more matches and they finally called it a night, announcing that the next round would be held tomorrow night. I pushed up from my seat, following Kaio and yawned. Most of the audience still stood in place, cheering for the victors and clearly not ready to end the ‘festivities’.

 I allowed my gaze to travel across the room as I headed toward the exit, and I caught the exchange between Rien and Christophe. Apparently it was custom to shake the hand of every victor after the ceremony, but when Rien laughed at something Christophe said, and their hands seemed to stay joined for a moment longer than was necessary I surmised that they knew each other.

“Is everything alright?” Kaio asked and I looked at him. I hadn’t even realized that I’d stopped and I nodded.

I glanced back at Rien for a second to see that he’d moved to greet another victor, then I turned away from the scene and fell into step with Kaio.

It took us ten minutes to break away from the crowd and another fifteen to walk back to Rien’s place. I pulled off my clothes and hopped into the shower as soon as I had privacy. I scrubbed my sweat soaked skin, wishing I could wash the night from my mind completely.

I didn’t know just how long I stood under the warm spray, but when I exited the bathroom, the tips of my fingers were pruned, and the only thing I wanted was to fall into bed and sleep for a year, but when I finally managed to crawl between the sheets, I heard Rien’s voice down the corridor and I hopped out from under them, and padded down the hall. A drudge passed me on the way and offered a small smile I wasn’t in the mood to return.

I approached his open door, then leaned on the frame with my arms crossed as I watched him pull his shirt over his head.

“Had fun?” I questioned and he turned slowly to face me, bare-chested and smiling.

“Not particularly, but I am delighted you came. It made the whole ordeal somewhat bearable.” He said, bending to untie the lace of his shoe.

“So…you know Christophe…” I mentioned casually.

“I have seen him in the coven once or twice.” He responded, kicking off the boot, then bending to pull the laces of the other.

“Really? You two seemed pretty friendly tonight.” I continued as a way of making conversation and he straightened, his eyes finding mine as a wide smile spread across his face.

“Is that jealousy I detect Tony?” he questioned in obvious delight.

“Don’t be ridiculous.” I spat, turning on my heels to leave, only to feel his hand on my arm.

I turned to face him in surprise and he pulled me to him.

“There is no need for you to be jealous. I see only you.” He said softly.

“Don’t worry about it, I wasn’t.” I told him seriously, but he only smiled as he took a step closer.

 I backed away, and my eyes automatically went to his bare chest, then darted to his lips, and finally settled on his eyes.

I tugged my arm from his, but froze when he moved closer. I could feel his warm breath on my face as he leaned in, and my mind screamed at me to leave, to get out while I still could, but his gaze held me in place.

I could practically see the need in his eyes and I swallowed hard, watching as he leaned in, too entranced to do anything but wait, and watch. The closer he came, the harder my heart pounded, and when his lips finally met mine I was lost.

                                         AUTHOR'S NOTES 

I DECIED TO GIVE YOU GUYS AN EARLY UPDATE SINCE SO MANY OF YOU REQUESTED IT.

HOPE YOU ENJOYED IT AND AS ALWAYS THANKS FOR READING!

KEEP SWEET!

-DoUbLe.A

-unedited.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

83.1K 5.9K 115
Vampires live in tribes that generally don't disturb each other, but what happens when one of the tribe is killed, who will the tribe blame? How do...
11.9K 928 34
"αžŸαžΌαž˜αžšαž„αž…αžΆαŸ†αž”αž„αž–αž½αž€αž™αžΎαž„αž“αž·αž„αž”αžΆαž“αžšαžŸαŸ‹αž“αŸ…αž‡αž»αŸ†αž‚αŸ’αž“αžΆαžœαž·αž‰αž“αŸ…αžαŸ’αž„αŸƒαžŽαžΆαž˜αž½αž™" αž˜αžΈαž“ αž™αŸ‰αž»αž“αž αŸ’αž‚αžΈ πŸ–€ αž•αžΆαž€ αž‡αžΈαž˜αžΈαž“
1.6M 97.8K 37
*COMPLETED* (08.05.20) Noah Sorin is a 17-year-old genius who is sent on a mission to the Elite high school, Bran Prep High. His investigation? Vampi...
51.8M 2.1M 88
The world had gone to hell long ago, taken over by the vampire race. In order to keep some sort of peace in our land, the Vampire Lords made a consec...