Try Me ✔️

By Anime_Star_Shipper01

Lucy Heartfilia, the new kid. Natsu Dragneel, the popular kid. She can't stand his arrogant ass. Natsu finds... More

Author Note
Chapter 1 - a new begin
Chapter 2 - great
Chapter 3 - I'm still here
Chapter 4 - unlucky for me
Chapter 5 - novel
Chapter 6 - I expected more hostility
Chapter 7 - funny, Natsu
Chapter 8 - the deal
Chapter 9 - meeting his parents
Chapter 10 - crossing the line
Chapter 11 - paired up
Chapter 12 - truth or dare
Chapter 13 - that says something
Chapter 14 - promise
Chapter 15 - or else?
Chapter 16 - a fucking push
Chapter 17 - willing
Chapter 18 - balls
Chapter 19 - you
Chapter 20 - turn off
Chapter 21 - I will do it
Chapter 22 - What? No
Chapter 23 - too cheesy
Chapter 24 - shut up, dragon boy
Chapter 25 - and for the food
Chapter 26 - I recorded that
Chapter 27 - don't need it
Chapter 28 - it's a break
Chapter 29 - save it
Chapter 30 - awesome, handsome...
Chapter 32 - feet fingers
Chapter 33 - us included
Chapter 34 - Happy
Chapter 35 - get out
Chapter 36 - Ayumi
Chapter 37 - meet up
Chapter 38 - survived
Chapter 39 - avoiding
Chapter 40 - sweet dreams
Epilogue
Thanks everyone❤️
EEEH GUYS!!!

Chapter 31 - sort of

4.4K 110 80
By Anime_Star_Shipper01

~Nobody's POV~

Natsu and Lucy were doing a project together. It wasn't awkward, but you can't say it was comfortable.

It was the next day after Lisanna got her ass kicked by Lucy. "You know you're doing it wrong, right?" Lucy asked to Natsu.

He looked away, embarrassed. "Pff, of course I knew. I... uhm...tested you," Natsu said crossing his arms. Lucy giggled and they went further with the project.

"Would Ms. Heart and Mr. Dragneel go to the office, please?" they heard from a speaker.

Lucy and Natsu looked at each other confusing written on their faces. They hestitated, but stood up.

They went outside the classroom, walking in the hallway.

"Where do you think this is about?" Lucy asked, eyeing Natsu. "I don't know. I didn't cause trouble lately...at least, I hope so," Natsu murmered.

They were in front of the office and Lucy knocked.

"Come in."

Natsu opened the door. The wider it goes, the more people they could see. Lisanna stood there, her arms crossed.

Lucy and Natsu both scowled, knowing that she did something. Lisanna could never leave them alone.

"Sit," Makarov said. Lisanna and her friends stood besides the desk.

"Why are we here, gramps?" Natsu asked, annoyance in his tone. He leaned back in his seat, eyeing everyone in the room.

He showed them a video where Lucy kicked Lisanna and Natsu pushed her friends. Lucy's eyes widened as she sucked in a breath.

Natsu scoffed.

Natsu's and Lucy's hand searched for thhe other and they intertwined it.

"Explain brats," Makarov said.

"I was just helping Luce and she was teaching Lisanna a lesson that you don't play with each other feelings," Natsu said emotionlessly.

Makarov looked at Lisanna, raising an eyebrow. "That's not even close to what Lisanna told me," he said, but his voice was neutral, so he haven't chosen a side yet.

"What did she told you?" Lucy asked.

"That you kicked her just because she said something to Natsu," Makarov explained. Natsu inwardly groaned at how low Lisanna could get.

Now it was Lucy's turn to scoff.

"You believe me, right? I never lied to you," Lisanna said innocently.

"I don't do—" Makarov began but was cut off.

"No. You have to believe us. The whole school knows that Lisanna is cruel. Her friend tried to attack me so Natsu defended me! There were witnesses," Lucy said, throwing her arms in the air.

This took his interest. "Who?" he asked.

"Our friends," Natsu said.

"No, that is not fair. They could choose the side of them, just because they are friends," one of Lisanna's friends said.

Oh, so they have brains?

"One of you is lying, but who?" Makarov said, but probably not expecting an honest answer.

They all were waiting for his conclusion. He sighed. "Well, because I don't know who did it, I suspend everyone in the room for a week."

All the eyes went wide.

"WHATTT??!!"

"You heard me. Till I know everything, you're all suspended by tomorrow. Now leave!" Makarov said.

~Natsu's POV~

I can't believe gramps suspended us. "Not fair. Lisanna is always so annoying," I complained.

Lucy and I were walking to the cafeteria, because it was almost lunchtime, and you're wasting your time if you go to class the last minute before the bell.

We sat down and there was the bell. Students were slowly filling the cafeteria and our friends came running to us.

"What happened?" Juvia asked sitting down. Lucy explained everything and I heard a loud crack.

All of our heads went to the directions of Mira. "Calm down, Mira. It isn't even that bad," I tried to reason her. "No school. Yay."

It worked, but I got a soft smack from Lucy. "What do you mean with 'it isn't even that bad'? You're failing some
subjects."

"You don't understand?" Gray said looking at Lucy like some idiot. "Huh?" she asked.

"Flame brain can spend all the time with you," Gajeel said.

She realized it and she blushed. She sat down without saying an other word.

Erza walked to us and showed us some poster, I think. I looked at it.

There wasn't a picture, just some text.

Natsu Dragneel is beginning to get soft for a girl. Is he really the king of our school?

I gowled again. "Lisagna," I said, no doubt.

I looked around the cafeteria and saw that everyone has that paper with text.

"What now? Do you mind at all?" Jellal said eating an apple.

I began to think about it. I actually do care about it. People won't go near me so I am not overcrowded.

"I do mind," I spoke honestly. I saw lucy playfully rolling her eyes.

I walked away picking things from my locker till someone purposely bumped to me. I didn't fall, is was too soft.

I glared at him. "Seriously?" I spat, knowing the rest of the hallway was empty.

The boy nodded. "I wanted to check if the rumors were true. I guess is it, because usually you would push that person who bumped into you back."

I walked closer to him, still glaring. He did walk back, but not that much.

"Listen here buddy. Maybe I am going soft, but don't forget I still have the power. Do one things against me and you will regret it," I said.

"But why does Lisanna not regret anything? I'm sure she already did stupid things against you, yet she is still standing around proud."

I chuckled dark. "Look, I'm not going to waste my energy on her. She is nothing. Lucy is slowly doing things to her herself, and believe me. She is gonna do is much different than I."

I let him go and he walk away, snorting.

I turned around and saw Lucy standing there. My eyes went wide, hoping she didn't hear a thing I said.

"Did you hear anything of that?" I asked.

She nodded.

She walked to me. "What do you expect me to do against Lisanna?" she asked.

"Dunno. Your choice."

She smirked and I got shivers. She never smirks. She put her hands together like an evil mastermind.

"Let's humilate her, like she did with us," she said back to normal.

"Uhm sure?" I said, but it more sounded like a question. The bell already rung so we went back to class.

Lessons were over and I walked to my locker. When I closed it again, people began surrounding me.

"What?" I asked raising an eyebrow. Lisanna stepped to me, with her hand grabbing the boy in the break time.

"So?" I asked, annoyed.

She did nothing and her friends came to the boy and they all kicked him. They were obviously trying to provoke me.

I stood unfazed leaning against the locker with my hand in the pocket, showing I don't care.

"You won't step in?" Lisanna asked a little surprised. They all stopped kicking him, but they were still surrounding him.

"And why should I?" I asked now clearly annoyed.

"Because you're soft, so you couldn't stand seeing someone getting beat," Lisanna said and I chuckled.

I smirked. "Thanks Lisanna. Now I have prove you aren't as good as Makarov thought," and I showed my telephone where I recorded her.

She became pale and I walked to the boy, who still was lying on the ground.

I kneeled down and lifted up his chin. "This is what I call karma," I said and pulled away.

I walked away and heard Lisanna screaming: "I WILL GET YOU DRAGNEEL!"

I laughed and went to Lucy. I knocked on her house and she opened it. "Hey Natsu. Already miss me?" she questioned.

"May I come in?" I said ignoring her question and she gestured inside.

I let her the video see. She smiled, "And what now? We can't go to school tomorrow, we are suspended."

I totally forgot. "But we have a solid reason."

She gave in. "Fine, we'll go. But I'll blame you if you only make it worse."

I nodded and hugged her. "Fine by me."

-Next day-

Lucy and I were walking to Makarov's office. All the students were already inside, so we were alone.

I knocked down and we heard a "come in."

I opened it and Makarov looked at us. Disappointment filled his eyes. "I thought I suspended you guys."

"I'm sorry, but how could we persuade you that we told the truth?" Lucy asked sitting down.

He sighed. "If you have prove she has done something bad, like you talk about, you win."

I smirked and showed him my telephone. He opened it and I showed him the video.

Gramps's eyes went wide of shock, not thinking that Lisanna would actually do that.

"I see her clearly beating someone, do I believe your words she did wrong things against you?" he asked again.

"Yes, she was the one who began," Lucy answered truthfully.

"Alright, I believe you guys. But, since you did attack her to get revenge, you guys are still suspended for two days, beginning today. I will add more days to Lisanna," he said.

I high fived Lucy and we went away.

~Lucy's POV~

"Hey, do you wanna go to my house?" Natsu suggested. I shrugged. "For what?"

We were still walking outside. "I don't know, maybe watching movies."

I smiled. "Sure."

We were home alone, well together, but alone with the two of us, but wait, that isn't alone... you get what I mean.

We are watching a simple animated movie, it was called finding Nemo.

I obviously loved it, I think Natsu does too. I did cry sometimes, hehe.

I leaned my head on Natsu's shoulders and he held an arm around me. If I didn't know better, I would say we're dating.

The movie ended and I yawned. "Tired?" Natsu asked.

I nodded and stretched out my arms. Suddenly flowers were in front of me. I blinked in surprise. Natsu is holding the flowers.

His eyes were glinting, full of hope.

"N-natsu?" I asked, knowing what he would.

He hugged me, like he was gonna lose me soon. "Please, Luce. Please. I was stupid. I know by now you won't leave me that easily. Forgive me?" he said, a grin on his face.

After he was done, I embraced him back. His shoulders were tense as he embraced me back.

I whispered in his ear: "I missed you, Natsu." Of course I knew Natsu was always with me, but I held back.

"Another try at dating?" Natsu asked breaking the hug and staring at me. I nodded and his eyes fulled with happiness. He pulled me in for a kiss.

A lovely, passionate kiss. I missed this feeling, I missed Natsu as my boyfriend.

~Nobody's POV~

Natsu woke up with Lucy next to him. He loved the feeling. Natsu gently stroked her hair, causing her to wake up.

"Good morning, Natsu." Lucy yawned. He smiled. "Good morning to you too."

Natsu stood up and picked his telephone, checking his social media. A while ago he posted a picture of him and Lucy when they were together.

He scrolled to the comments. Most of the comments congratulated them, but some were insulting Lucy.

He frowned and Lucy noticed. "What's wrong?" she asked, but somewhere she knew it has to be something with her.

"Comments insulting you," he asnwered. Lucy sighed, but didn't say something afterwards.

Natsu chose to block those persons. "I'm gonna take a shower," Natsu said to Lucy.

"Okay, I'm going to make breakfast," Lucy respond back. They weren't in a hurry. Some days off, no school, is awesome,

Lucy made toasts for Natsu with some peppers. He has a weird taste. He went out of the bathroom and sat down by the table.

He drooled a little over the food. "Thanks for the food!" he said happily and went to eat. Of course Natsu being Natsu... he spilled food everywhere.

Lucy sighed again, but wasn't ashamed of Natsu.

Then Natsu stopped eating, causing Lucy to raise her eyebrow.

"Hold on a second. You are the Heartfilia, right? One of the richest companies in the country?" Natsu asked and Lucy nodded, not understanding where this is leading to.

"Last time I checked the company is still running, but you don't rule it, so who does?" Natsu asked slowly eating.

"Oh, right. My brother, Luke," Lucy shrugged then she drank her juice. Then she suddenly spewed it out.

"What's wrong?" Natsu asked immediately.

"My brother is going home today, this is actually our house. I need to fetch him," Lucy said in a hurry and stopped the half toast in her mouth. She changed in new clothes and when Lucy came back Natsu was already dressed.

"I'm coming with ya," Natsu said giving a toothy grin. Lucy nodded and they went to Natsu's car.

He drove to the airport and they were waiting, at least Lucy was waiting. Natsu didn't know how he looked so he just chewed on some food he bought.

Lucy began to run to a person. That person has blond her like Lucy but a little but lighter and brown eyes.

"Luke," Lucy said and embraced him, Natsu caught up and just watched. "Hey little sis," Luke said and ruffled her hair.

She pouted. "I'm not a baby anymore" Lucy said in a cute baby voice. Luke chuckled and then his gaze went from Lucy to Natsu.

"Is this your friend?" Luke asked, but he has a suspicion he wasn't.

"I'm Natsu, Lucy's boyfriend," Natsu introduced himself.

Luke looked at Lucy again. "Boyfriend you say?"

Lucy looks nervously at him, Natsu swung his arm over her shoulder, "Yup."

The ride home was completely silence, Natsu and Lucy both were tense. Lucy because she knows how strict Luke could be, but even if he was that way, Lucy loves him deeply. He was the only family member she had left.

Natsu because he know he needed his approvement. Without the father, the oldest is the 'boss'. He wanted to stay with Lucy. Not like if he didn't approve him he would stop loving Lucy... no, it is just a nice feeling if the family of your lover likes you too.

They reached Lucy's house and they entered. Natsu helped Luke with his luggage, Luke found it kind of him.

When they entered Natsu set down his luggage and wanted to run upstairs with Lucy.

"I would stop if I were you," Luke said, sitting down with his legs crossed.

Natsu and Lucy hesitates and sat dow. There was an awkward silence going on, until Luke decided to break it.

"So, how did you two meet?" he asked picking some drink.

"Uhm...I was new to school and we didn't exactly start good. He used to tease me. But then we got better... and yeah," Lucy said. She knew her brother could sense if she was lying or not.

Natsu felt sweat dropping down his back. Luke's head went in a swift moment to Natsu's. "Teasing? What kind of?"

"Uhm, some harmless pranks and some... not. But she helped me and then I let go of my problems. Sort of," Natsu said quickly.

They chat went on, well mostly Luke askimg questions, but that is the same.

"Are you by any chance a Dragneel?" Luke asked. Natsu was confused why he would ask that, but he answered it.

"Yup," he answered proudly. Luke's strict eyes relaxed and then flashed for the first time a genuine smile.

"Then I have nothing to worry about. If you love her as much as you claim, I have no worries," he said.

Natsu sighed in relief, Luke indirectly said he approved him. "But, hurt my sister and you will have the worst time of your life, understood?" Luke said as calm as ever, but you could easily tell it was a real threat.

"Yes," Natsu answered without fear, that surprised Luke. Everyone he threatened were scared, but Natsu was totally the opposite.

He was only scared of his approval, he has the same power as him. And he didn't want to hurt Lucy.

Lucy and Natsu left the living room and went upstairs, leaving Luke by himself.

He smiled and stared outside. "Did you hear that, mum, dad? Lucy has grown up and is still growing up. I knew since the beginning Natsu would take care of my little sister. I confirmed it by out conversation," Luke spoke to no one.

Little did he knew that Natsu heard everything. He smiled and went upstairs again.

Lucy was reading a book, Natsu chuckled, didn't expect something else.

He kissed he forehead and then her lips.

"I love you," Natsu said and closed the gap between them with his lips on hers. Natus felt Lucy smiling through the kiss.

"I...love you too, Natsu" Lucy said after the kiss.

________________

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

32.8K 1K 24
《 COMPLETED: Under Revision 》 They've always been longing for each other. But now that he's back, will they be reunited again? Or would they just bur...
543K 17.4K 36
This is a Nalu fanfiction that will probably make you laugh, cry, fangirl/boy, fall on the floor, maybe you'll just read it. Who knows what you will...
224K 9.4K 43
❝I loved you when you were unlovable.❞ Highest Ranking: #1 in Jerza erza of crime sorcière | fairy tail | jerza
63.9K 770 8
Sakura Hiden: Thoughts of Love, Riding Upon a Spring Breeze is an original story written by Tomohito Ōsaki and illustrated by Masashi Kishimoto. It i...