Beautiful Imperfections - An...

By Midnight_Lilac

* THIS IS A COPYRIGHTED STORY OF MINE, MIDNIGHT_LILAC, PUBLISHED ON WATTPAD. IF YOU FIND IT ON ANY OTHER WEBS... More

Disclaimer and Copyright
Author's Note
Prologue
Chapter 1 - Goddess of Healing
Chapter 2 - Festivities
Chapter 3 - Healing
Chapter 4 - Target
Chapter 5 - The Uchiha Compound
Chapter 6 - Meeting the Uchihas
Chapter 7 - Uchiha Madara
Chapter 8 - Judged
Chapter 9 - Curiosity
Chapter 10 - Protected
Chapter 11 - Mistrust
Chapter 12 - Uchiha Clan Festival
Chapter 13 - Clash
Chapter 14 - Complications
Chapter 15 - Secret Confession
Chapter 16 - Abducted
Chapter 17 - Sight
Chapter 18 - New Experiences
Chapter 19 - Resolve
Chapter 21 - Losing Control
Chapter 22 - Disquiet
Chapter 23 - Changes
Chapter 24 - Peace
Epilogue

Chapter 20 - Wedding

12.9K 469 395
By Midnight_Lilac

Madara pov:

I exhaled deeply while staring at my reflection in the mirror. I was dressed in the most uncomfortable clothes possible, one that made easy movement impossible, made me feel stuffy and sweaty and wonder why on earth our ancestors felt the need to wear so many layers of clothes for a mere wedding. Well, I suppose I had to be glad that it wasn't rainbow colored – for all we know, old geezers of the past could have been much more eccentric.

Grunting in mild annoyance, I adjusted the blazer I wore over my kimono so the Uchiha Clan symbols on both sides were better visible. I then proceeded to tie my hair up in hopes of feeling less cluttered than what I already did. It helped a little, I suppose, but still had me wishing for the ceremony to be over quickly so I could get out of these sagging clothes.

"Aniki." I heard Izuna say as he entered the room. I turned to see him smiling, happy that I was getting married.

"You're here, Izuna. Is everything ready?" I asked and once again tugged at the blazer in annoyance as it fluttered in the light breeze.

"Yes, Aniki, everything is ready. Taiki's father will be walking Akina down the aisle during the wedding." He said and stepped closer to me.

"Hn. I hope this ceremony isn't long – these clothes are absolutely impossible to handle." I muttered but Izuna only laughed.

"I'm afraid I can't really help or support you in this matter today, Aniki. You're the clan leader and it's your wedding today so it's not just the ceremony that you will have to bear through." Izuna said with an obvious hint of mischief.

I narrowed my eyes at him and frowned slightly. "What do you mean by that, Izuna?"

"The whole compound will be celebrating so you have to spend the entire afternoon and evening in the courtyard accepting wishes and blessings from everyone of the clan. You won't be allowed to return home until possibly just before dinner time. Hopefully you'll be able to eat your meals on time at least." He answered with a chuckle.

He was having fun with this. He knew very well that I thoroughly disliked participating in noisy celebrations and bearing through constant chatter for longer than necessary and he was having fun seeing me get all worked up over it. He also knew, since I had mentioned it earlier, that I was finding all of this even more annoying thanks to these clothes.

I suppose he was considering this as revenge for all the times I teased him with Nanami. I wasn't bashful in the matters of Akina like he was with the woman he was all over and he usually never got the chance to tease me. Then again, it's not like I would get flustered about it anyway – I had no reason to be in any way embarrassed of what I felt for Akina. Whatever the case, I knew that this chance of teasing me was short lived and it would be back to making fun of him. I might as well let him have some fun while he can. Thinking so, I chuckled and smirked at Izuna.

"Let it be. It's just one day....but as for you, I'm sure I'll get many chances after this to tease you as well." I said and he paled.

"W-well, anyway, we should go, Aniki. The ceremony will start soon." He changed the topic making me chuckle again.

I ran a hand through my hair once before following Izuna out of the room and to the central courtyard where everyone had gathered. As we walked through them to the front where Akina and I would exchange vows, men and women cheered and congratulated me. As for Tou san, he stood a little away with his arms crossed over his chest and a rather displeased frown on his face. He still hadn't agreed to my decision but I didn't really care. This was my life and this was what I wanted.

Ka san stood next to him and smiled when our gazes met. She was neutral in this matter, though I was aware that she had hoped that I would have chosen someone stronger and of the Uchiha Clan itself to be my wife. At least she wasn't annoyingly overbearing like Tou san was.

Having reached the elevated platform where Akina and I would exchange vows, I waited impatiently for her arrival. When the crowd in the courtyard fell silent and I clearly sensed Akina's chakra getting closer, I turned to look behind me. Taiki's father was escorting her through the courtyard while holding her hand on his and Hiro was on her other side carrying flowers and grinning like he had won the world.

I clenched my fists upon seeing Akina. She was dressed in a white flowy kimono with small sakura flower prints here and there. Her silver hair was tied up and a brooch made of precious gems adorned the side of her head. She wore no makeup, which I was glad for, and her face was dusted with a dark blush as she smiled, keeping her gaze on the floor shyly. Despite the layers of clothes she wore, she still looked petite and delicate and drove the possessive and protective side of me wild. I looked around, narrowing my eyes at the other unmarried men of the clan who eyed her raw beauty. I wanted them to look away from what was mine but I resisted from saying or doing anything that gave my thoughts away. It didn't matter even, for today everyone would see her become mine and would know very well that they couldn't touch her.

I held out my hand when Akina and Taishiro reached me and felt an unexpected thump in my chest as Akina's hand was placed in mine. I helped her step up onto the platform while she held the layers of her kimono out of the way with her free hand. When she was standing opposite to me bashfully, the Elder responsible for validating this marriage spoke up.

"We are here today with friends and family to unite this man and woman in Holy Matrimony. It is a commitment to love, cherish and respect each other forever. If anyone objects to this marriage, please speak up now or forever hold your peace." The Elder said and I glanced at him with narrow eyes. I had clearly told him to skip the last line - no one was allowed to object to this marriage so what was the need for stating that?

Well, no one spoke up so I coaxed him with a nod to continue.

"Do you, Tengin Akina, take Uchiha Madara as your husband, to love and honor him, to nurture, serve and support him during times of happiness and difficulty? Do you promise with all you heart and soul to honor this vow forever?"

"I do." Akina said in a soft voice. Her blush darkened and I took a deep breath to ease the growing tightness in my chest.

"Do you, Uchiha Madara, take Tengin Akina as your wife, to love and honor her, to nurture, serve and support her during times of happiness and difficulty? Do you promise with all you heart and soul to honor this vow forever?"

"I do." I responded, smirking as Akina squirmed shyly under my gaze.

"Now we will have you, Madara and Akina, to exchange rings by which you symbolize and bind your love and commitment to one another." The Elder said and Izuna walked up to us holding a tray with the rings we were to exchange.

Akina was told to put the ring on my hand first. She reached out to take the one of my size and I held my left hand out. I kept my eyes on her face as she slid the ring onto my finger and I felt a swell of pride at the affectionate smile she gave while looking at my hand. I then reached for the ring I was to put on her hand. I chuckled seeing how small her ring was – the size difference in our hands was just as large as that of our build. Once I slipped the ring onto her finger, I held her left hand with mine, refusing to let go despite her flustered requests.

"I now pronounce you man and wife. You may kiss the bride." The priest said and I noticed Akina's eyes go wide.

She looked up at me through her lashes, her blush reaching all the way to her ears. I shook my head and pulled her to my chest with an arm around her waist. Her hands were on my chest, clutching the fabric of my clothes as she bit her lip in anticipation. I tilted her head up with a relatively gentle grip on her jaw so I would get a clearer view of her face. When she met my gaze, she smiled before closing her eyes. I glanced at her soft pink lips once before covering them with my own and claiming her as mine.

Once again, cheers resonated through the courtyard. I wasn't satisfied with a short kiss but I pulled away from Akina before turning to my clansmen while holding her to my side. She moved some strands of her hair behind her ears while keeping her eyes down – a gesture she did when she was nervous or uncomfortable, but in this case flustered – and smiled as more congratulatory words were yelled at us from the crowd. I glanced at her every now and then as we stepped down from the platform and walked through the courtyard. She was red in the face the whole time, smiling as she received wishes from the clansmen wholeheartedly. However, as satisfied as I was that we were now wed and everyone was wishing us for a happy future together, the crowd and chatter was starting to get on my nerves.

"Akina, let us leave from here. We've spoken to enough people and most of them are busy with eating anyway." I muttered and tugged on her arm so we could get away from the noisy chatter.

"But Madara sama, I don't think it's right for us to leave in the middle of our....eek!" She squealed as I ignored her words and lifted her into my arms before jumping to the rooftops.

She wrapped her arms around my shoulders tightly, as if she was holding on for dear life, and stayed that way for a few moments even after I landed in a meadow just outside the Uchiha Compound. When she let go of me and I let her down, she blushed as she met my eyes. She didn't step away from me like she usually did and merely averted her eyes while keeping her hands on my chest.

"Y-you look very handsome today, Madara sama." She said softly.

"And you look beautiful." I responded and felt prideful when she smiled in joy. "That aside, Akina, don't you want to know where we are now?"

She blinked several times before looking around us. When she realized that we were in a meadow, she gasped and her eyes went wide. I let her turn away from me while smirking at the expression of awe she had on her face. I stayed close to her as she walked through the meadow while touching the flowers and fireflies around us. When we were in the very heart of the meadow, she stopped and looked up at the star studded sky to only become even more amazed. I watched her childlike curiosity and surprise in amuse but also felt my blood rush because of how beautiful she looked in the moonlight. Her pale skin, her slim yet softly curved build and the bright sparkle of her eyes made me feel an overwhelming desire to sweep her into my arms and kiss her deeply.

"Madara sama! This place is beautiful! I never knew that the world around me had always been such a dazzling place!" She said before turning to look at me with a beaming smile.

"I suppose it is beautiful." I responded with a shrug.

Her smile faded as she continued to watch me though and was replaced by a mildly pained expression. I frowned, feeling as if something inside my chest was crushed brutally, and I stepped closer to her. I held the side of her head and lifted it so I could hold her gaze and I rubbed my thumb over her soft cheek.

"What is it, Akina?" I asked, making sure I sounded just demanding enough.

She smiled again, though it was sad, and placed her hand on mine. "It's nothing important, Madara sama. I was just thinking of how it would have been if I still had my family....my parents and my brother Akito and if they had been here today to see our wedding. I'm sure they would have been very happy for us."

I was unsure of what to say in response so I just pulled her into an embrace. She returned it by wrapping her arms around me and we stayed like that for several minutes before she pulled away. She gave a sheepish smile and I raised a brow, curious about her sudden change in demeanor.

"I'm sorry, Madara sama....this is a day for us to be happy and to look forward to good things in the future. I'm sorry I bothered you with unnecessary thoughts." She said and stood on her toes to, for the very first time, give me a soft kiss on the base of my jaw – the only place that she could reach when we both were standing.

"It was not unnecessary. You merely expressed your thoughts. I am your husband now and you are to tell me everything you think and wish for – there should be no secrets between us." I said sternly and then smiled. "And isn't it about time you stopped addressing me so formally? You are my wife and you shouldn't be using honorifics. I want you to call me a little more affectionately."

"U-um, I-I suppose so....M-Madara." She managed to stutter before covering her blushing face with her hands.

"Is that all?" I asked, wanting to tease her and fluster her more. "I thought I would be called something more affectionate."

"W-well, I did have one name in mind...." She said while looking up at me with a light smile.

"And that is?" I coaxed.

"Madarin?" She more so asked.

I raised a brow, wondering what made her think of that nickname. She understood my unasked doubt and looked away shyly before answering.

"I just thought that Madara and Rin combined well....with 'Rin' meaning dignified. And you are a very dignified person so I just....I just thought of that nickname."

I clenched my jaw to prevent an overly amused smile from surfacing. How could she be so perceptive and adorable at the same time? In just a week of seeing the world around her and, of course, hearing a bit of food for thought from me, she had changed the way she perceived the things of this world. She was smart and observant and understood what had to be done when. She had keen maternal instincts and treated everyone with the same amount of care, compassion and kindness as she did with Hiro and I was sure those instincts would do very well for our future as well. But her innocence and purity just threw me off my feet! I couldn't get enough of how absolutely adoring she was with all these traits combined.

"Um, Madara sama? Did you not like the nickname? I-I'm sorry if you felt insulted in any way." She said nervously when I didn't respond even after several minutes. But I couldn't help but enjoy watching her every reaction.

"Insulted? Now what would make you think I feel that way? The nickname you've come up with is....interesting. I wouldn't mind you calling me that as long as it's not in front of anyone else." I said and pulled her into my arms again. "Now enough talking. I didn't bring you here so we can keep talking."

"Huh? But I thought..."

"I said, no more talking." I repeated before bending to her level and claiming her lips with mine.

Akina pov:

I woke up to feeling a weight over my middle. It wasn't like the weight I usually felt every morning – it wasn't Hiro's leg for sure and I don't think it was him sleeping over me as a whole either. But whatever it was, it was heavy.
I shifted in an attempt to get it off my midsection but I only felt someone behind me shift and the weight increase. The weight shifted too and I was tugged close to the person lying behind me with a firm hold around my waist. It was then that I realized that something wasn't quite right and I peeled my eyes open. I saw the mattress and pillow that I was lying on but not the one with the light blue bed sheet I used. This bed sheet was dark blue and made of very fine fabric.

Groaning slightly, I glanced down at the weight over my torso and momentarily tensed when I saw the silhouette of an arm. I wondered where I was and who I was with but I relaxed upon sensing none other than Madara sama. Memories of the wedding that happened just yesterday rushed through my mind and my cheeks felt warm realizing that I was actually, really sleeping in his arms. My blush darkened at his proximity as well as the thoughts of everything that happened since last evening. The only thing I do remember most clearly though, before falling asleep in Madara sama's arms in the middle of a stunning meadow, was sharing a euphoric kiss with him and feeling a rather hard bite on my shoulder.

Having remembered it, I touched my left shoulder to see if it had really happened. It had and the proof was there - my skin felt tender and rough to touch and I was quite certain the mark of his rather affectionate bite would remain for several days.

I squirmed in his arms a bit so I could turn to face him. I managed to do so after much effort and a heave after which I settled comfortably while looking at the face of the man who was now my husband. He was asleep rather deeply. His every breath was slow and long and his eyes were closed lightly. The bags under his eyes as well as the tear troughs looked to be less prominent than they usually were during the day - it was probably because his eyes had got some of the rest they needed during the night. His lips were lightly parted and my heart skipped a beat noticing that my lips were mere inches from his. We were so close that I could feel every single breath of his hit my face.

[A/N: Squealing?? He's so cute, isn't he? >////<]

My eyes softened and I smiled as I continued to watch him. I lifted my hand and placed it on his cheek and caressed him with the lightest of touches to make sure he didn't wake from my gesture. After a moment, I glanced at his lips. I bit my lip as the longing for a kiss came over me. Taking a deep breath, I shifted my head closer to Madara sama while closing my eyes to kiss him very softly. I lingered on his lips for a few seconds before opening my eyes and pulling away gleefully.

However, the moment I pulled away, Madara sama scrunched up his face. He groaned and slowly opened his eyes to look at me. He blinked several time groggily and finally took a deep breath and opened his eyes fully.

"Akina....it's morning already?" He asked, not sounding very happy. I was also mildly surprised that he wasn't surprised to see me sleeping in his arms like how I was when I just woke up.

"I'm sorry I woke you, Madara sama. You can sleep for a while longer if you wish." I said and touched his hair.

"I was expecting to hear you call me Madarin." He said while moving his arm off me and stretching.

"Ah....I did say that yesterday, didn't I?" I said with an embarrassed laugh. "I guess it's become a habit calling you Madara sama. And to be honest, it feels strange not being formal with you."

"Well, that has to change." He said and sat up with a long sigh.

I sat up as well while adjusting my kimono shyly to make sure I wasn't showing too much skin. But when I looked at Madara sama, I mean, Madarin, I couldn't hold back chuckles. His bed hair was funny, sticking out in every possible direction. He looked at me with a raised brow and I shook my head before shifting so I was sitting in front of him. I silently coaxed him to bend forward and when his head was at my level, I ran my fingers though his hair to set down the ends that were standing up haphazardly. When he looked presentable, I pulled away after pushing one side of his bangs behind his ear.

"Who would have thought I could be brought to this state by a mere woman?" He mused though I didn't quite understand what he meant. He figured that out and just shook his head with a smirk. "Don't bother about what I said, Akina. Anyway, it is time for us to get ready for the day. Our Alpha Teams will most likely return today and you should be in the infirmary to tend to them when they arrive. I have a meeting to attend....so unfortunately, there's no time to waste."

I nodded and stood up with him. I decided to get ready first because the walk to the infirmary would take a few minutes and, well, I needed some time to do my hair. I was about to walk to the cupboard where my clothes had been kept, having been shifted to here from the infirmary sometime yesterday, but even before I could take a step, Madarin wrapped his arms around my middle to hold me against himself with my back against his chest. My heart skipped a beat and a blush rose to my cheeks when I felt him kiss my neck. A shiver went down my spine too and I squirmed to make him let me go.

"Please let go, Madarin! You were the one who said we have to get ready! So what are you doing?" I asked.

"I'm embracing my wife." He stated matter-of-factly before giving my neck another kiss. "And kissing her. Is there any problem with that?"

"N-no....but what if someone comes in and sees us like this?!"

"This is our room. Anyone who wants to come in will knock to get permission first." He said smoothly.

"Y-you said we have to get ready..." I said, using the last excuse I had.

"There's still some time." He said and engrossed himself in continuing his sweet torture.

Unable to find any excuse and no longer able to resist his gestures, I shut my eyes while biting my lip and pressed myself against him. I couldn't understand or control my reactions and my mind was getting more and more clouded by the minute. Oh goodness, what on earth was happening to me?

My involuntarily reactions seemed to encourage Madarin to take things a step further. He tugged at my obi to loosen it and slipped off the outer kimono I was wearing. I tried to stop him in vain and he managed to pull my inner kimono off my shoulders a bit as well. I shuddered when he ran his tongue over the bite he had given yesterday and he sunk to the floor with me when my legs, under the influence of these foreign feelings, could no longer keep me standing. Despite my struggling, he turned me around so I was facing him and pressed his lips hard against mine. With trembling hands, I held his haori tightly and parted my lips to his kiss. He deepened it, running his tongue over my lips and biting my bottom lip gently. He pulled away after a few nips and trailed his lips down my jaw and to the exposed skin of my collar bone.

I breathed heavily, unable to think straight or even respond in any way to his gestures beside hold onto him tightly. It was only when I was pushed onto my back on the floor that I opened my eyes and looked into his charcoal orbs. They held vivid emotions I couldn't understand or see for long enough for he was back to nipping at my skin while pulling my kimono off further. However, I began to feel uncomfortable and a little scared of what was happening. Firstly, I couldn't comprehend what I was feeling and secondly, I was feeling oppressed. It was as if Madarin was a different person – someone who wasn't even aware of himself or what he was doing.

"P-please....e-enough...." I wheezed, still feeling electric shudders rack my body. But he didn't stop.

"Please stop.... M-Madara sama, please!" I finally managed to say a little louder.

That was when Madarin tensed, seeming to return to his senses. He was breathing heavily, his lips still in contact with the skin lower than my collar bone, but he pulled away after a soft kiss there. He stayed with his face out of my view for a few moments before lifting off of me so he was hovering over me with our eyes in contact. He looked calm now and he let out a deep breath while giving a barely visible smile.

"Forgive me, Akina. It seems I momentarily lost control. Were you afraid?" He asked tenderly while running the back of his fingers over my cheek.

"I was a-a little....but it's okay. And I'm sorry too. I just didn't know what to do. I couldn't understand what I was feeling." I said in a soft voice.

Madarin closed his eyes and chuckled, almost as if he found my answer strange and unbelievable. He rolled off me and fell on his back still chuckling before looking at me with a smirk.

"You're innocence is really driving me crazy, Akina. How is it possible for you to be intelligent yet so unaware at the same time?" He asked, though it sounded like a question more to himself. "I am still thoroughly stunned by how things have become for me – you have me, the Uchiha Clan leader, wrapped around your finger."

"I'm not sure I understand what you mean, Madarin...." I said with a small pout.

"It's fine." He said with a dismissive chuckle and sat up. "We should really get dressed and ready for the day now. I'm sure your brother is anxiously waiting to see you – I assume he's never had to sleep in a big room without you before."

Finally blushing and covering myself properly, I sat up too. As I watched Madarin stand and walk to the bathroom to get ready for the day, a thought crossed my mind. I realized that in all this time of knowing my feelings for him, I was yet to actually say it out loud. If any, this was the perfect time to do so.

"Madarin?" I called, just before he stepped into the bathroom. He turned to watch me curiously as I blushed, silently summoning courage to tell him my feelings out loud. "I-I love you."

"Hn. And I adore you." He responded smirking.

I smiled in return, happy to hear his instant answer. With another short chuckle, he stepped into the bathroom to take a shower. I walked to the window to admire the garden while I waited for Madarin to finish washing up. As I looked over the garden, I remember specific events from yesterday – Hiro's excitement, wishes from all the Uchiha clansmen, Izuna sama's joy and support for our union and the rather unsatisfied stare from Tajima sama. I had also met Madarin's mother for the very first time yesterday. She was a middle aged lady, a woman of dignity. Her presence was warm and comforting yet strong and dominating. She had smiled kindly at me, showing neither support nor unhappiness, and embraced me while congratulating Madarin and me on getting married and I had relished the motherly affection I had received.

Though I did notice that she had scrutinized me with her eyes, judging me for whether I was good enough to be the wife of the Uchiha Clan Leader. She was silent and observing and while I was distracted for a brief moment by Hiro asking me something, I noticed her talk to Madarin. As much as I think I might have hallucinated it, I saw Madarin narrow his eyes at her as she spoke, scoff and turn away while telling her to 'mind her own business'.
I was curious to know the words they had exchanged but I knew it would be rude of me to ask Madarin so I brushed it off without too much of thought.

Whatever the case, things were finally looking up for me and Hiro. I was content here and happy to be by Madarin's side and that's all that mattered now. Hiro too would have a stable future thanks to the protection of the Uchiha Clan.

Smiling with a blissful sigh, I rested my chin on one hand and looked up at the fluffy white clouds that adorned the sky.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Aww!!! Madara and Akina are married now!! And they had a few sweet moments together :3 I hope everyone is super happy about this! ^////^ And isn't Madara being so adorable about everything? XD I had so much fun writing this softer and cuter side of Madara. Don't we all wish that he was given a chance to be like this in the anime too? :3

Okay!!! I've been give ya'll lots of MadaAki fluff moments for the past few chapters so it's time to kick up the action, right? I've got a lot of stuff planned for this story - some interesting twists and possibly crazy cliffhangers as well! What can I do? That's my writing style ;) And I know ya'll love it ;)

Anyway! Do look forward to interesting stuff in the coming chapters! Don't forget to tell me how much you enjoyed the chapter and the pictures too ;)

P.S. How many of you squealed super loud when you saw the pic of MadaAki kissing?? XD

Vote!

COMMENT COMMENT COMMENT!!!

XD

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

142K 4.5K 100
Hinari Uchiha, also called Sunshine, was born on a warm summer night. But she was not like the other Uchihas from her clan. Her eyes, which should be...
256K 9.7K 44
This takes place a month after the fourth shinobi war. A few people were given a second chance at life, those people being the previous Hokages; Hash...
622K 19.5K 40
* THIS IS A COPYRIGHTED STORY OF MINE, MIDNIGHT_LILAC, PUBLISHED ON WATTPAD. IF YOU FIND IT ON ANY OTHER WEBSITE, IT HAS BEEN COPIED/REPUBLISHED WITH...
35.8K 1.9K 37
* THIS IS A COPYRIGHTED STORY OF MINE, MIDNIGHT_LILAC, PUBLISHED ON WATTPAD. IF YOU FIND IT ON ANY OTHER WEBSITE, IT HAS BEEN COPIED/REPUBLISHED WITH...