Last Battle (X-Men Fanfiction)

By Wolfmoon22

A wonderful thing has happened at Xavier's School for Gifted Youngsters, Starlight has given birth to four be... More

Last Battle (X-Men Fanfiction)
Troubled Student
One Wolf I Can Count On
Helping Poultice
Knowing What Poultice Could Become
Two Worlds
Surprise!
Let the Fun Begin
Night's Song
Do You Want To Talk About It?
I Want To Be Alone
Never Experienced This Much Pain
First Time Out of the Den
Meeting the Professor
Do We Really Want the Same Things?
Time With Logan
Are My Pups Mutants?
How Well Did You Know My Mother?
Answering the Question
We Are Mutants
Mutants
Conflicted Once More
Grief Causes Unimaginable Things
Trust Issues
Family Bonds
Thyme's Mutant Power
Stories Turning into Nightmares
They Gave Us Names
Being a Mutant Isn't Easy
Starfire's Nightmares
Let's Figure This Out, Together
Awkward Situations
Flying Lessons
Warnings From Poultice
Thorns Can Beat A Clutch
Calming Thruster's Fears
Grand Tour
Danger Room
Black Out
Opening Old Wounds
Forgive But Never Forget
Thank You Logan
Blast From A Not So Great Past
The Park
Was This a Mistake?
Opposition
Should I Really Trust Him?
Let's Get Home
Don't Let The Past Repeat Itself
I'm So Sorry
First Day Of the Rest Of Your Life
Teaching Danger Room
Pups' Results
Doubting Myself
Conversations Over Dinner
More Problems With Scott
Help From Logan
Meeting the Beast and the Asphalt
Comunicating With My Boys
Mutant or Mistake
Why You Gotta Be So Mean?
Training Pups
Things Are Only Going To Get Worse
Discovery At Alkali Lake
Interesting Discussion
Fretting and Feelings
Roles Reversed
Loss Is The Hardest Pain
He's Truly Gone
Funeral
Figuring Out The Plan
Preparing For Battle
It Has Begun
Dangerous Mission
Genius Plan
Helping the Unhelpable
Aftermath Of Battle
Promise Broken
Help From A Mate
Promise Made Promise Kept
Departure
Another New Book Again

For Once I Wish I Hadn't Watched TV

75 8 0
By Wolfmoon22

I sat timidly with my tail curled around my paws as I stared at the TV screen. The Professor had wanted the students not to see it but rumors spread that there was a mutant cure on TV so most of the students clambered into their own rooms to watch the TV program.

The Professor, Logan, Storm, Thruster, Hank, Asphalt, and I watched it with held in breaths. I was disgusted that humans were actually getting paid for this. I felt my stomach twist and churn. What was worse was that I knew that a lot of mutants would be going to seek the cure. They were ashamed of what they could do and wanted it gone.

I knew a lot of Wolvys that are the opposite. They loved their mutant powers and in a school that accepted them they didn't mind them. They embraced them since, in my class, that's what I always told them to do. I didn't actually believed that they listened but apparently they did.

Once it was over I felt my fur bristle along my spine. "They called us a disease," I growled to Thruster who looked as furious as I was.

"They say that mutants who have children are abominations." He worked his claws on the ground and a few sparks flew from his pelt. "Humans are abominations!"

All eyes turned to him and I licked his cheek. "I'd advise calming down."

"S-Sorry," stammered Thruster as he shuffled his paws in embarrassment. "I didn't mean that. It's just that you don't see wolves without powers suggesting this."

"No but they did lock us in a cell in Canada," mumbled Logan but I shot him an angry look.

"Enough," the Professor interrupted and I hung my head. We were acting worse than my pups when they were angry with one another. "Arguing like this gets us no where."

I dipped my head and looked to Asphalt who looked like he desperately wanted to say something but couldn't.

"When is the cure available," asked Thruster as he rose to his paws and strode in the middle of the group. "I mean once it is the government will be able to see just how many mutants there are, or at least how many are willing to get the cure."

"I think the government started this up," growled Logan as he looked out the window.

"The government had nothing to do with this," interrupted Hank quickly from where he sat on the couch.

"Heard that before," grumbled Logan as he raised an eyebrow and I was afraid that one of them was going to launch for the other.

"Look boy I've been fighting for mutant rights since before you had claws," Hank growled at Logan with narrowed pale yellow eyes.

Logan looked shocked at him. "Did he just call me boy?"

Now was not really the time to be arguing but once again Logan had to be arguing with someone. Beside me Thruster sighed again. I knew he was thinking of our pups. I was secretly praying none of the Wolvys saw it, my pups or not. However my hopes were squashed when Rogue came in followed by Sunset.

"Is it true," asked Rouge excitedly. "Can they cure us?"

Sunset followed timidly and perked up as she heard Rouge's question. Out of everyone in my class she was always the one who disliked her powers the most. I had no idea why but I never asked. Now I kind of wished I had.

"Yes Rogue it appears to be true," the Professor told her curtly and I realized he wasn't happy about this either.

Rouge brightened but I felt rage waft off Storm in waves. "No they can't cure us." She padded over to Rogue who was frowning. "Because there's nothing to cure. They's nothing wrong with us. Any of us for that matter."

Sunset curled her nose in disgust. "I hate being a mutant if there's something that will make me normal I want it," she barked timidly.

Thruster shook his head. "We were made this way for a reason Sunset. We can't just get a cure just because we're afraid."

"I'm not afraid of being a mutant. I'm afraid of never being normal," she confessed as she stormed out of the room.

I sighed heavily. "I need to see if my pups saw that," I muttered as I hauled myself to my paws and looked to Thruster. "You coming?"

He shook his head to clear it. "Er yes of course." He bounded to my side and licked my cheek affectionately. We strode out of the room and down the hallway. "You're concerned, aren't you?"

"Yes," I murmured as I plastered my ears against my head. "What happens if one of our pups want that cure?"

"If they have my blood anywhere in me they won't," growled Thruster deeply in his chest and I feared that he wasn't understanding that the mutant cure was going to have to be our pups' choice, not ours.

"We can't chose for them," I pointed out gently. "We can just educate them on what is best."

Thruster shook his head. "Let's just see what they have to say about it."

I nodded in agreement and padded down the hallway. The Professor had assigned my pups' rooms a few weeks ago and they had already moved right in. Murk and Thyme in one with Reed and Avery in the other. I decided that Murk and Thyme could be first. They would probably be a little more vocal about their emotions since they're she-wolves.

I knocked on their door before I pushed myself through. I saw Murk and Thyme sitting on Thyme's bed. They were speaking quietly but once they saw that their parents were in their room they laid on their bed and acted like nothing had happened, typical pups who didn't want their parents to know what they were talking about.

"Hey pups," I barked as I leaped onto Thyme's bed and laid beside Murk as I licked her cheek.

She growled and pushed my face away. "Momma! Stop it!"

I rolled my eyes. They were getting older and it was embarrassing for their mother to kiss them. I looked to Thyme as Thruster leaped beside her and licked her affectionately between the ears. She rumbled in enjoyment and pressed her head against his thick and warm white chest fur. Out of all of my pups she was the closest to her father while Reed was the closest to me. Thyme had told her father that she wanted to be a healer and he couldn't have been prouder. They had practiced around the clock between her usual classes and she was learning the way of a wolf healer and a mutant healer in general. However now we had business to discuss.

"Have you watched TV lately," I inquired as I looked at my daughters sternly.

Murk rolled her eyes. "The whole school did," she pointed out as she licked a paw and drew it over her ear in a quick grooming session. "All any of the channels were talking about was the mutant cure."

I saw Thruster's fur stand on end and I growled at him to cool it. "So what do you think about it," I asked as I tried to be as casual as possible.

Thyme shrugged. "Whatever. I mean I wouldn't get it. I like being a mutant and controlling time. It doesn't bother me."

Murk didn't look as sure as her sister. "I guess my power's okay but I'm always afraid in public if I slip up and get angry I'll steal energy from the sun or lights. I've done that hear so what's stopping me from doing it out there?"

I looked to Thruster. It was his turn to answer. "Well here we teach you how to better control it and well one day fit right into society."

"But we shouldn't have to," argued Murk with a growl. "Humans should be working around us, mutants. Not the other way around."

"Murk that's a very selfish way of thinking," I chided gently but I could tell there was no way she was listening to me now.

She rounded on me and snarled. "All of your powers are easy to control but how do you think Reed, Avery, and I feel. I mean if Avery is spooked he changes into whatever background is behind him and when Reed laughs he automatically grows a rose bush and when I'm angry I steal light from the lights and try not to blast it at the mutant I'm angry with."

"We all have trouble controlling our powers, Murk," I told her sternly, not liking her attitude. "While you're here you will learn how to control them. Ridding yourself of these powers does nothing."

"Not it makes you seem like a failure," growled Murk as she leaped from the bed and stormed out. Thyme looked to Thruster then back to me and frowned.

Thruster leaned forward and licked her cheek. "Well thanks for the talk little fangs," he barked as he leaped down from the bed.

I swished my tail as I followed. "Yes and have a good nights sleep," I called over my shoulder.

"Wait," howled Thyme as she stood on her bed and leaned forward. "Is Murk coming back?"

I looked to Thruster who looked back to me, looking as if the breath was caught in his throat. I turned my head and licked my lips as I peered at my daughter's beautiful green eyes. "I don't think so Thyme. I don't think so."

I then padded out of the room since I didn't want to see how what I said effected Thyme. Murk and her were more than sisters, they were best friends. This would truly break her.

I looked to Thruster who looked as crestfallen as I was. I growled into my chest fur. "I wish I have never watched the TV!"

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

2K 119 22
Vivian Howlett is the younger sister of James Howlett. Both very close siblings living in an abandoned cabin in Ohio. Growing up for the Howlett'...
65K 1.1K 35
Young man Jason Howlett discovers himself awaking in a mutant school designed to keep those with abnormal and special gifts safe from the world. He f...
8.8K 196 17
When Megan finally left her abusive home and found a new family, life couldn't be better but when one nightmare makes her relive her worst moments a...
1M 52.9K 22
I was supposed to die when I was five but when my parents gave me the chance to run, I took it. I didn't understand much at the time except that I...