Love... What Bullshit!!!

By Navya_Mishra

Two unknown people... Both incomplete in their own ways!!! Will they be able to complete each other?? Fill i... More

Part 1
Characters
Part 2
Part 3
Part 4
Part 6
Part 7
Part 8
Part 9
Part 10
Part 11
Part 12
Part 13
Part 14
Part 15
Part 16
Part 17
Part 18:
Part 19
Part 20
Part 21
Part 22
Part 23
Part 24
Part 25
Part 26
Part 27
Part 28
Part 29
Part 30
Part 31
Part 32
Part 33
Part 34
Part 35:
Part 36
Part 37
Part 38
Part 39
Part 40
😡😡😡
Part 41
Part 42
Part 43
Part 44
Part 45
Part 46
Part 47
Part 48
Part 49
Question!
Part 50
Part 51
Part 52
Part 53
Part 54
Part 55
Part 56
Part 57
Part 58
Part 59
Part 60
Part 61
Part 62
Part 63
Part 64
Part 65
Part 66
Part 67
Part 68
Part 69
Part 70
Part 71
Part 72
Part 73
Part 74
Part 75
Part 76
Part 77
Part 78
Part 79
Part 80
Part 81
Part 82
Part 83
Part 84
Part 85
Part 86
Part 87
Part 88
Part 89
Part 90
Part 91
Hang in there...
Part 92
Part 93
Part 94
Part 95
Part 96
Part 97
Part 98
Part 99
Part 100
Part 101
Part 102
Part 103
Part 104
Part 105
Part 106
Thanks!
Epilogue!
There?
New Story Alert: The Fall...

Part 5

12.3K 793 23
By Navya_Mishra

Manik left bidding her a Bye, but it made Nandini stay up all night long as his words kept on repeating in her head.

I really hope that day would come soon when we wouldn't hv to change the topic to stop u from lying. I'll wait till then, just remember that I m there whenever u wanna talk!!

She had never had any friends all her life, she just didn't let her guards off for anyone and somehow his words came to her as an assurance. But still something in her, stopped her.

Sleep took over to her thinking about him continuously, fully confused in her head.

The next afternoon, it was around 4 when Nandini was sitting in a cafe engrossed in a novel when her phone rang. She saw Manik's call and received the phone to hear him start talking without even greeting her.

Manik: Nandini yr... I need help!! These ppl will drive me insane with their questions, I don't know what to do. Can't everything her be just black or white, its so confusing. The font, colour, design, matter, and-

Nandini: Manik relax..... Take a deep breath!!
Nandini said stopping his monologue.

Nandini: At least tell me what happened? U r not making any sense.

Manik: Can't we just send a msg to call the ppl as invites... These cards are so confusing.

Nandini chuckled at his words understanding his problem when he said,

Manik: Hey stop laughing and help me, everyone else is busy. Where r u, I m coming, we need to decide it in an hour.

Nandini: I m at MG Road.

Manik: Great, I m right next to it, where r u exactly.

Nandini: At Cafe Kulture...

Manik disconnected the call while Nandini smiled at him and again got into her novel. 15 mins later, Manik entered the cafe and looked around to find her sitting at the corner most table with a coffee mug in her hand and eyes filled on the novel. She looked super cute with those pair of spectacles on her eyes. Though she does wear it in office as well, but something about her casual look make him smile. She was looking like a cute college going girl.

Manik walked towards her and clicked his fingers in front of her eyes to gain her attention.

Manik: May I hv the pleasure to join u beautiful...

Nandini looked up at his words and chuckled,
Nandini: Flirting doesn't suit u Manik.... U seem more of a gentleman guy.

Manik took a seat in front of her as he moved forward and removed the spectacles from her eyes.
Manik: Ohh is it?? And why would u say that?

Nandini: Well to start with... Ur talking style, ur dressing style, ur chivalry, everything...

Manik: So should I take it as a compliment or a taunt Nandini...

Nandini: Ohh boy thats a Compliment only... And that too coming from The Nandini Moorthy, u know u r lucky...

Nandini said teasing him as they both burst into laughter.

Manik: God, I don't get it how u r always so sweet and carefree always.... Whether its work or anything!!

Nandini: Maybe that's something worth complementing in me....

Manik: That reminds me, how come we hv never jammed together? I mean u must jam with Fab5 someday, I still can't forget our first meeting, the only thing I got about u that day was ur carefree attitude.

Nandini: I don't like pondering over things and spoiling my time, that's why I don't care about minute stuff here and there... Now before I get self conscious about all these talks about me, tell me what would u hv, coffee??

Manik: Let's try what u r having!!
He called for the waiter and asked him to repeat the order and turned back towards her.

Manik: So now... Plz help me out over here...
Saying so he pulled out a booklet of the designer in which various ideas were mentioned for the card. Nandini opened it up and he started pointed out a few for her to select.

Manik: Ohk so lets go for design first. I liked this, this and that at the last, and this...

He pointed at four of the options while Nandini looked through.
Nandini: Hmn this one is nyc, but I think it doesn't give an official vibe, its more personal. These two r too crowded, this is perfect. Neither too personal, nor too loud.

Manik: Loud... Nandini, cards can't be loud.

Nandini: Who said... Cards do speak a lot. See this one, the entire matter, the design its all so over the top, like it is shouting the invite to irritate ppl... This is called loud...

Manik gave her and astonished look and then said,
Manik: Now I clearly get why Dad always says girls are better at such stuff...

Nandini giggled at it as they proceeded further this time about the colour and font.

A few minutes later, the waiter returned and placed a cup in front of him. Manik looked up at Nandini and then at the mug as he asked her,

Manik: Hmn... So what exactly am I going to drink?

Nandini: Well I had ordered a Premium Expresso Coffee, with frothed milk, without foam, finished up with whipped toping and chocolaty drizzle, and a pinch of cocoa mix.

Manik look at her wide eyed listening to her as he said,
Manik: Don't they like tend to kill ppl for such horrifying orders. I mean, its just a coffee...

Nandini: Hey.... A good coffee makes up a day!

Manik: Too fussy about ur coffee, are u??

Nandini: A lot...
Nandini boosted as Manik took a sip and looked up at her.

Manik: Wow.. I m impressed!! Its amazing..

Nandini: See, being fussy helps....

Manik laughed at her comment as she too joined in. They finalized the card over the coffee after which Manik said,

Manik: Finally... Now I hv to just go and tell it to them and we'll hv the cards ready by tmrw...

Nandini: Great...

Manik: Hey.. Why don't u come along with me? We'll finish this up and then we can go somewhere n chill...

Nandini: Like now??
Nandini asked him surprised.

Manik: Yeah... Why r u busy??

Nandini: No but I-
Nandini tried to say something to immediately be blocked by him.

Manik: If u gonna lie again then let me remind u, That u r too bad at it...

Nandini smiled at him and then said,
Nandini: Ohk fine... Let's go!!
Nandini called for the bill before leaving and paid it before Manik could​ even try to.

Nandini: Well it was my favorite coffee treat to u.

Manik: Cool...

They got up and moved out of the cafe as Manik opened up the door for her.
Nandini: See I told u... U r more of an Gentleman Guy!!

Manik smirked at her comment as they both headed towards his car. Manik got into the drivers seat and drove them to their destination which was a top class publication house.

Manik parked the car when Nandini said,
Nandini: U finish off ur work... I m waiting for u here in the car.

Manik: Why??

Nandini: Ohh dude I m not making up a joke of Myself going up there in these casuals.

Manik shook his head in disbelief and said,
Manik: Whats with girls and clothes... Why do u guys hv so many different kinds of cloths for everything. Office, parties, day outs, casuals, home, night wears... Gosh its so simple for us, jeans along with either a T-shirt or shirt and thats it for everyplace.

Nandini smiled at him while he got down the car promising to be back soon. Nandini connected up her phone to the car's stereo and played a few songs as she got comfortable on her seat putting up her legs over the  dashboard. A few minutes later Manik came back and found her lost into the song.

Manik: Enjoying without me??

Nandini heard him and smiled as she lowered down the volume and moved her legs. As Manik saw her moving he said,

Manik: Chill... Be as u r, I don't mind. Plus, we r going to my favorite place now.

Nandini: Where??

Manik: U'll see.... Its almost 5:30 we r exactly on time.
Manik said excitedly making her smile at his excitement as he drove, again increasing the volume of the songs.

Manik: U really hv a nyc taste in Music. I didn't think u would be interested in Rock songs... Usually girls r not...

Nandini: There goes ur answer Manik..... I m not amongst the usual ones!! I like Rock and I even do play Rock.
Nandini increased the volume further enjoying the cool breeze blowing in the evening sky while Manik kept on looking at her from the corner of his eyes.

A few minutes later, he stopped the car making Nandini open up her eyes and look around.

Nandini: Marine Drive....

Manik: Yes... My favorite place!! Come....

Both of them moved out of the car and moved towards the side and sit. Nandini was about to sit on the ledge when Manik held her hand.
Manik: Not here...

He moved forward and stepped onto the stones, leading her to the farmost level as he removed his shoes and dipped his feet in the ocean. He patted at the stone in front of him pointing at it for Nandini to sit as she too removed her shoes and sat.

None of them said anything and simply kept on staring at the ocean as the sun moved further down slowly kissing the water spreading a mighty shade of orange yellow all over the sky.

A small smile played over Nandini's lips as she felt immense peace around her.

As the sun settled Nandini absent mindedly spoke.
Nandini: I come here almost 3-4 times a week but never hv I ever witnessed such a peace. This feeling of the water touching my feet with an amazing breeze and most importantly this sunset...

Manik: I often come here to watch the sunset. The way the sun moves down into the water, I feel it takes away all my worries with it leaving me calm n composed. This is the place where I feel like to let it all go.... Let Go Nandini... Let Go of all that troubles u.... And see how beautiful life is!!

Nandini looked up at him listening to his words.
Nandini: What do u mean??

Manik shifted his gaze back to her and smiled,
Manik: Ur eyes give everything away Nandini.... U may pretend to be whatever u want but these eyes are the mirror straight to ur heart. I don't know if others can see it or not but I can clearly say that this Nandini, that u show off to the world is not ur real self. The real Nandini is someone else, who has just put on this very convenient mask of being happy coz she is trying to hide her weaknesses from the world.

Nandini was shocked listening to his words as she laughed out loud.
Nandini: Manik... What r u saying?? There is nothing like that...

Manik: Then Why isn't this smile, this laughter reaching ur eyes Nandini?? Why am I not able to believe u even after u r saying it again and again?

Nandini just looked to the other side hiding her face completely from him while Manik waited for her patiently, hoping she would open up and say something.

He was sitting there when suddenly Nandini got up and picked up her shoes.
Nandini: Its getting late I need to go somewhere... I'll see u tmrw at work. Bye....

Manik: Listen Nandini...

Manik said trying to stop her as he saw her climbing up the stones. He picked up his shoes and followed her.

Manik: Nandini wait...

He called out, but before he knew, he saw her getting into a cab and she was gone.

Manik: Freak.... Did I cross the line?? Shit!!

Manik knew she would go to the cafe first to get her car and thought to follow her but then decided against it, trying to give her some time.

Later that day, Manik was lying on his bed trying to get some sleep but all he could think of was Nandini. The entire days events kept on roaming around his head.

The way she was looking today. The time they spent at the cafe where they had so much fun, her carefree self in the car, her peaceful smile while watching the sunset, and finally the way she left.

Finally having enough of it, he picked up his phone and called her. The phone kept on ringing but she didn't receive it. He sighed in frustration and called again, still no response. And by the third time the console told him that the phone was switched off.

He was restless to talk to her but all he could do was wait..... Wait for the night to end. With this Manik drifted to sleep dreading about what was coming up next in his way.

-----------------------------------------------------------
So ppl... That's it for today!!

How was the part??

Do comment ur views and plz do click the star at the end if u like the update.

Love
-Navya

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

96.4K 5.1K 17
What happens when two persons so much in love got separated bcoz of one dreadful incident happened in their beautiful life.... Will they ever met aga...
107K 5.4K 36
Her calm creates chaos in him His behaviour is something she can't tolerate but they don't know when they become part of each other's life and all...
Mr & Mrs By Tara

Fanfiction

6.9K 808 11
A newly married couple. One of them was not ready for the marriage. And other one was falling for the first one. Now what will happen when one wants...
221K 13.9K 47
What's meant to be will be. Manik Malhotra. Nandini Murthy. Meant to be together? Maybe? Or with someone else? A story that revolves around everyday...