The Dual Bender

By goldendragon225

Korra x Male Reader. There is a prophecy that came to be whilst the first Avatar, Wan was traveling the globe... More

Chapter 1: The Arrival
Chapter 2: Surprising Hero
Chapter 3: Awake
Chapter 4: I Think I'm Going To Like It Here
Chapter 5: Past
Chapter 6: Breaking Out
Chapter 7: Broken
Chapter 8: Pro Bending Finals
Chapter 9: The Unknown Power
Chapter 10: Phoenix
Chapter 11: The Return
Chapter 12: X-7
Chapter 13: Sky
Chapter 14: The Beginning Of The End
Chapter 15: The End Of An Era
Chapter 16: Let Her Live
Chapter 17: Together
Chapter 18: Vacation
Chapter 19: Nightmares
Chapter 20: Captured And Sickness
Chapter 21: Lucifer
Chapter 22: Family?
Chapter 23: Hurt
Chapter 24: A New Technique
Chapter 25: Reasons
Chapter 26: Control
Chapter 27: Fight For Her
Chapter 28: The Decision
Chapter 29: Aftermath
Chapter 30: Aftermath Part 2
Chapter 31: Hell On Earth
Chapter 32: Do We Get What We Deserve?
Chapter 33: Rue Krauss
Chapter 34: Zagan's Return
Chapter 35: The Spirits Revenge
Chapter 36: Training
Chapter 37: Toph
Chapter 38: The Swamps Vision
Chapter 39: Chelsea
Chapter 40: I Deserve It
Chapter 41: The Progressors
Chapter 42: Assassination In Zaofu
Chapter 43: The Undead Bloodbender
Chapter 44: Occurrences
Chapter 45: Valek
Chapter 46: Kuvira's Weapon
Chapter 47: Kuvira's Arrival/The Vision
Chapter 48: Good Luck
Chapter 49: Valek's Emergence
Chapter 50: The Ancient Ability
Chapter 51: The Battle
Chapter 52: The Other Side Of The Family
Chapter 53: The Awakening
Chapter 54: The Universal Spirits
Chapter 55: A Retelling Of The Past
Chapter 56: Training The Instinct
Chapter 57: Kronos
Chapter 58: The Spirit Of Balance
Chapter 59: The Ancient Secret
Chapter 60: The Arrival Of Kronos
Chapter 61:The Arrival Of Hades
Chapter 62: Evening The Odds
Chapter 63: The Killer Of Death
Chapter 64: Apocalypse?
Chapter 66: Taken
Chapter 67: A... Brother?!
Chapter 68: Victor
Chapter 69: Death

Chapter 65: Poisoned

1.8K 24 5
By goldendragon225

Your POV

About an hour later I finally get through the last door and the last of the prisoners escape through the tunnel Wei, Wing, and Bolin had created. I was about to follow them, then there's an extreme pain in my gut. I look down and see what looked like a harpoon sticking out from my stomach, then it sprouts 5 small extensions and I get yanked back, coughing blood as I do. I get dragged past a few guards, then I see a hooded figure standing to my side when I stop. I begin coughing blood, and feel it trickling from my mouth and nose.

???: "Hello... Mr. L/N..." What the? How do they know my name?

You: "H-how do y-you know that?"

???: "Do you remember me?" They remove their hood and it reveals a girl probably around my age with a scar across her cheek.

You: "N-no..." She bends down to my level.

???: "Think harder." I study her closer, but my vision begins to blur. Wait...?

You: "A-are you *cough cough* T-that girl... from L-lake Laogai?" She smiles and stands up.

???: "Impressive memory... Yes, my name is Xyla, Xyla Church. Do you know why you're here right now F/N?" I shake my head.

You: "I-I saved you... W-why are you doing this?"

Xyla: "Bastard! Sure, you got me out of there, but I saw you flying out later, and while they were looking for "you" they found me, and dragged me back into that hellhole! All you did was make my life harder!" Oh you have got to be kidding me.

You: "S-so you're after me, b-because *cough cough* I broke you out, then they found you?"

Xyla: "No, I'm after you because you're one of, if not the strongest bender in the world. And after I broke out of that living hell I swore I'd get revenge on not only you, but all benders... There's no place for your kind anymore. And don't even think about trying to escape, if you do, well, there's a poison in that harpoon currently lodged in your stomach, it's so deadly that even smelling it could kill you. We had a prisoner put it in there, he died simply because the smallest drop got on his finger, within seconds of contact he was dead." What the hell...?

You: "W-what do you want...?" I ask, spitting out blood as I do.

Xyla: "Think Mr. L/N... Who represents the bending community? Who is the symbol of "all" types of bending?" No... She must have seen the look on my face because she starts to laugh. "Aw, look at the mighty Wolverine lying half dead at my feet! Wonderful!" Then she bends down to my level again. "Just remember, you die if you try to escape." Then she turns around and walks away. "The Avatar will die F/N... Korra will die... and you will be the cause of it." No... I force myself to stand. I-I can't let her hurt Korra.

You: "No..." I say coldly, then begin walking towards her, I drag the man holding the other end of the harpoon across the ground.

Xyla: "Take one more step and you're dead!" I extend my claws and cut off the tip of the harpoon that connected the 5 long barbs holding it in place as I pulled on it, allowing it to slip out of my stomach. "Do it!" As it falls out I begin walking towards her again, only to fall to the ground a few feet in front of me. I look down and see a few droplets of a green liquid in the wound as it heals. I look back up to her as she bends down to my face, then she drags her nail across my cheek, I feel it stinging way more than it should be, then I see her nail had traces of the green poison on it.

You: "H-how...?"

Xyla: "Simple, I'm like you... But my mutation, is poisonous..." Then she gets up and walks away. The room begins spinning, then everything goes black.

Asami POV

Asami: "What do you mean he's gone?!"

Bolin: "I don't know... it was weird... He beat some of these guys, then next thing I know I wake up in the cave with a man in a black mask, then we beat him and break out of the cave, only to find ourselves in a cell..." What...?

Wei: "Yea, it was like something knocked us out and put us in a replica, only to lead us into a cell."

Mako: "What was the cell made of, couldn't you just metalbend your way out?" They shake their heads.

Wing: "No, it was pure titanium."

Asami: "What? How could someone afford a cell of pure titanium?"

Wei: "It wasn't the only one, there were dozens of them. All in some underground cave."

Bolin: "Yup, then we hear some fighting and M/N breaks us out and sends us away with these two." He points to a woman and who I'm guessing is her daughter. "He stayed back to free the rest." And as if on cue I hear shouting.

Man: "Hey! What are all of you doing here?"

???: "He saved us! The Wolverine!" Oh no... That means somebody had M/N... Oh how was I gonna tell Korra this?

Korra POV

I arrive in Republic City the next day and take Mako and Bolin with me to go check it out, Asami had to stay back to stay on schedule with rebuilding the city. As we get to the tunnel where they all escaped from I immediately feel off, something was down there. We walk down into a large cave, and I see a single beam of light shining down on someone chained up in a sleeveless hoody and tattered pants, whoever it was looked basically dead. I walk up to them and take off the hood. Oh my god. The air leaves me when I see M/N's face under the hood. His eyes... They were glassy, and the whites of his eyes had a greenish tint to them, then there's the long scrape along his cheek which was scabbed over with something green. He gasps and his eyes go wide. Then he begins mumbling frantically.

You: "Nm, hom. Wha, na, g-go, n,no, now, y-you leaf goo." He coughs multiple times, a mix of blood and some green substance.

Korra: "M/N...? Don't worry I'm going to get you out of here, I grab the chain, but he begins groaning in pain as I do, then I see a blotch of blood on his wrist. I lokk around where the chains met his hand, and see multiple needles on the inside of each one stained with a green tip... So, whenever the chains moved they would inject whatever this stuff was into him.

You: "R-run, f-forget me... l-leave now..." Then his head falls.

Korra: "M/N? M/N!?" I pick his head back up. NoNoNoNo. "Stay with me M/N! Come one!" His eyes open groggily. "Oh thank god." I metalbend the chains off him, but as I do a hooded figure comes out from the darkness. They stand about 50 feet away, just standing their facing us. "Who Are you? Are You The One Who Did This!?" Then I feel M/N struggle to a stand. Then person removes their hood, revealing a blonde woman with a shocked look on her face.

Xyla: "What the hell are you...?" M/N begins limping towards her.

You: "I-I saved your life! I broke you out! You Got Yourself Caught! I told you to run! While I stayed a fought them off so you could get away, but YOU chose to stay! It is not my fault that you got captured again! I saved you from that hellhole! I fought them off! And this is how you repay me?! I never asked for anything! Yet Here You Are Trying To Kill Me And My Family!" He walks up to her. "Maybe I shouldn't have saved you..." Then he punches her, knocking her cleanly out, then releases his claws and kills the other two. "I've spared you again... Because you've felt my pain... But don't make the same mistake twice." Then he walks back over to me and falls into me.

Asami POV

Oh god... That didn't look good. He was cut up all over, each one had some kind of green substance coming from it, mixed with his blood... And his eyes, when Katara checked him... The white of them were green...

Katara: "I recommend you all look away for this, the poison is liquid, but it is infused into his blood, I can bend it out... But it will look ugly." Bolin and Asami turn around, while Mako looks to the ground. I don't I just can't. As she begins to bend it out of him his eyes shoot open and it looks like he's choking, I can hear him choking and gasping, then a green mist begins to come from his body, he arches his back and his muscles begin to tense up and spasm. A few minutes later the mist stops coming and Katara bends it into a small ball, no bigger than an orange. And bends it into a small metal box, then seals it up.

Korra: "W-will he be ok?"

Katara: "I do not know, whatever this is... It isn't natural... this isn't from any kind of concoction, this is something you cannot make, this is something you produce." Then she walks out, I turn back to M/N, but none of his wounds begin healing... I had a bad feeling he had lost that power... I feel a hand on my shoulder and look back to see Asami standing there on the verge of tears. Then I hear him scream. I turn back to him and see him sitting up with his claws extended.

You: "W-where?" Then he gets up and walks out while swaying back and forth. "Where are you Valek?!" What? Valek?

Korra: "M/N? What are you talking about?" He turns back to me and looks surprised.

You: "Korra?! What are you doing here?! You need to go! Hades and Kronos will kill you otherwise!" What the hell is going on with him? Then there's a bright flame and I see him take off into the sky. Then the fire cuts and he falls back to the ground. He sits up slowly and looks around confused, "W-where the-" Then he becomes scared. "You?! What Are You Doing Here?! I-I killed you! I killed you and that psychotic doctor!" What? Now he's back to around when Harmonic Convergence happened. Then he stands up and turns around, only to fall again. "What?! I Killed You Zaheer! How?! How are you still here?!" What the hell is wrong with him?

Korra: "M/N! M/N!" I shake his shoulders and he seems to snap out of it.

You: "K-Korra...? W-where am I?"

Korra: "You're safe, you're back in Republic City." He keeps looking around like someones watching him though. "M/N? Are you ok?"

You: "What the hell happened to me Korra?"

Korra: "You were poisoned, it was pretty bad..." He shakes his head.

You: "No, t-there was somebody here, I know it."

Korra: "M/N, I'm sure it was just a hallucination from the poison, you're fine. There's nobody here who wants to hurt you." He just shakes his head again.

You:"You're wrong Korra, there was someone here, I they felt... psychotic..."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

22.7K 439 39
Your past comes back to haunt you when your idiot brother is arrested, yet again. Somehow unknowingly leaving you under the protection of a cop you c...
175K 7.2K 67
A young girl gets told by a spirit that fate made a mistake and she was supposed to be born later. So she is turned into a spirit and told she can wa...
4.8K 298 17
Story contains the Following ships: Aang x Kireina (oc) Katara x Yun (oc) Toph x Ronor (oc) Azula x Ty Lee, gxg WARNING: Occasional curse words, alth...
9.3K 330 16
Water. Earth. Fire. Air. Long ago, the four nations lived together in harmony. Then, everything changed when the Fire Nation attacked, completely er...