Chapter 13: Sky

Korra POV

You: "No more..." he says coldly. His fists begin to glow a bright F/C and I see him look right at X-7. "You won't take them away from me. I Won't Let You Take Them Away From Me!" I see a beam of F/C light explode towards X-7. I close my eyes and look away. And when I open them again. I see a metal coated skeleton still standing. I look around for the Doctor, but he must've ran away, Sky was still in cuffs and crying. I see M/N limping over to her favoring his right side. He extends a single claw to cut off her cuffs, and collapses onto his back. Sky grabs her bag and pulls out a pouch I see her bend out some kind of glowing liquid and begin to heal M/N's wound. I walk over to her and begin helping her heal him. After a few minutes, we roll him over and begin doing the same thing to his back I hear him groan when we move him and sigh in relief that he's not dead. After we heal his back Sky grabs some bandages and begins wrapping up his side. I see his eyes open and we help him stand, and begin walking towards Lin's airship. I begin to wonder if that Zagan man was right. What if he was a killing machine? I shake that thought from my head. I don't care if he's a killer, I know he's not just a killer, he's so much more than that. He cares for people, and if he cares for you I know he'd do anything to protect you. As we arrive at the airship I see Lin running out.

Lin: "What the hell happened?"

Korra: "Long story, I'll explain when we get inside." Lin and I help M/N up the stairs and into the airship. We lay him down on the couch and I explain to her who Sky is and that the doctor and some creation of his attacked us. I see M/N's bandages are bloody and begin to change them while Lin and Sky help him sit up. I try and clean it the best I can before wrapping it up again. He lays down and his head falls into my lap as I sit there. Lin went to show Sky where to stay and then went to start the airship and begin traveling back to the South Pole. I see his eyes open, he looks around then at me. I see him try to sit up but just falls back into my lap. I can see he's still in a lot of pain from the fight.

Korra: "Try to rest." I see him nod and close his eyes, but before he goes to sleep he turns and asks me one thing.

You: "Is Sky ok?" I couldn't believe it, he had barely survived and was barely alive now, and he still only worried for others. I nod and I feel him relax into my lap. As I feel his breathing steady I feel a tear roll down my cheek. This wasn't a killer. This was a protector, and he would do anything to protect. He truly was something else. And I couldn't help but feel slightly attracted to it. He had almost died, and still only cared if she was ok. He didn't have to take her in and help her, he did because it was right, I realized something tonight, while watching him fight. While watching him protect not only her, but me too. I felt something towards him. Something that feels similar to what I feel with Mako, but stronger, much stronger.

*TIMESKIP*
Tenzin POV

Tenzin: "They should be back by now." I look to see Senna with a worried look on her face and Tonraq trying to comfort her. We sit in silence for another hour or two until we hear the whir of an airship landing outside.

Senna: "She's back!" I see Senna run outside followed by Tonraq. But when I get out there. I am met with a fairly gruesome scene. I see M/N, but he's hurt. His side is wrapped in bloody bandages and his face is also covered in blood. I see Korra left arm also in bandages and hanging from her side. She looks like she'll be fine, but M/N... His face is pale, and I see blood covering most of his body. I see Senna and Tonraq run down to help him up. I run to go fetch my mother as looking at the condition he's in, he'll need her. When they arrive at the top of the steps I help move him into the healing tubs. Although when we arrive I hear him speak.

You: "Heal Korra, her arm." What? Hers was nothing but a flesh wound.

Korra: "M/N! Are you insane? I'll be fine your half dead!"