Chapter 51: The Battle

Your POV

I throw a piece of rubble out of the way so I can stand again. I step up out of the what used to be capitol building and look around for Valek. I feel his energy behind me and turn around to block him, but only see a ball of dark light. Uh oh, I feel his power appear above me, I block his kick but am sent flying down into the broken building again, getting cut up horribly by all the shards of glass and stone. When I finally get out of it I see my left pant leg was gone from the knee down and the right half of my black shirt was gone, revealing the F/C shirt I had on under it. I had lost my boots and gloves a while ago. I close my eyes and feel for his energy, I feel it behind me again. I turn around and kick him into a bridge, he goes flying through it and into the small stream. A blast of water skyrockets up, and when it settles I see him floating there, his black fire burning beneath his feet.

Valek: "What the hell are you?! How did you it wasn't another trick!?"

You: "Easy, you're an idiot." He growls and clenches his teeth in anger.

Valek: "I'll Kill You!!" He charges me again, I side step to my left and he fly's right by me. He turns around and charges again. This time I dodge his punch and grab his arm, then toss him through a statue of Raiko. That felt good in more ways than one, beating Raiko and Valek at the same time? I'll take that any day of the week. I'm shaken from my thought as I dodge a blast of black energy, only to be sent flying through a building. I'm able to steady myself and feel around for his power, but it's too late by the time I sense it, I feel a pain against my back as I get sent flying into the harbor. Well, at least it will wash up the cu- SALT! I take off out of the water.

You: "AHHhh! Damnit! Damn salt water, what the hell?!" Everything was now not only in pain but was stinging horribly too. I look back towards the city and see Valek standing on the roof of a nearby building. I land on the one across from it and begin charging energy into my hands. I see him doing the same but a different style.

Valek: "Yes! Show me your power M/N! Let's see what you truly have!" He releases his blast towards me. I extend my hands and fire mine back.

Korra POV

I'm broken from my conversation with Raava by a loud explosion in the distance. My dad helps me up and out to the porch. I look out and see a faint F/C light in the distance and hear the rumbling it makes. A minute or two later a large shockwave of wind blows us back. Yup, that proves it. This was from M/N's and Valek's fight. I couldn't even imagine the power it took to make something like that, or what it must have felt like to been close to it...

Your POV

As soon as the blasts meet there's a large burst of light and an insane shockwave blows me back. I land hard against what feels like metal. I look up and see I'm currently in a crater on the stomach of Aang's statue, woops, I'll have to fix thaaaaa... Holy shit. I look out towards Republic City, well, where it used to be, the entire city was gone. I notice I was in nothing but my torn pair of pants, each ripped above the knee, pieces of my shirt were still hanging off around my waist. I fly back over towards the city, but collapse onto the ground as soon as I get there. As the smoke clears I see a black blotch in the distance, Valek... The spirit portal was the only thing that looks to have survived the explosion besides Air Temple and Avatar Aang Island. I make my way towards Valek, and see him stand. We were about 100 feet away from each other. I noticed he didn't have that dark aura surrounding him anymore. I also can feel that I don't have that fighting instinct thing anymore.

Valek: "You... You bastard!" He runs at me, I knock his fist out of the way and uppercut him under his jaw. He flies back and lands on his back. He stands again and releases his claws. I do the same as he runs at me again. I block his first slash only to have his off-hand slice my side. I fall to a knee as he stands over me. "Well? You failed, now I'm going to go finish off your friends." He sinks his claws through my chest and picks me up off the ground. "I warned you that everyone would die... You may have stopped previous visions... But you won't stop this one, you won't stop me." He twists and rips his claws from my chest, then walks off towards the portal. No... I reach out for him, but to no avail. I cough up blood and begin choking, please, please say he's weak enough now that they can beat him. Then my vision begins to fade.