Black [Theodore Nott]

By Y_Allen

"A little mischief won't hurt..." A Black in Gryffindor was never good. And they're right. Carina Black's n... More

REWRITE!
Prologue
Part 1
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Chapter 51
Chapter 52
Chapter 53
Chapter 54
Chapter 55
Chapter 56
Chapter 57
Chapter 58
Chapter 59
Chapter 60
Chapter 61
Chapter 62
Chapter 63
Chapter 64
Chapter 65
Chapter 66
Chapter 67
Chapter 68
Chapter 69
Chapter 70
Chapter 71
Chapter 72
Chapter 73
Chapter 74
Chapter 75
Chapter 76
Chapter 77
Chapter 78
Chapter 79
Chapter 80
Chapter 81
Chapter 82
Chapter 83
Epilogue
Part 2
Prologue
REWRITE!
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Epilogue
REWRITE OF BLACK
Black: House of Mischief

Chapter 23

10.7K 359 686
By Y_Allen

The day of the Third Task the whole castle was busy. Students running to their classes, teachers preparing for the task, and then there was this whole article that Rita Skeeters wrote about Harry entitled, Harry Potter "Disturbed and Dagnerous" that made Carina almost transform to her Animagus form to bite Draco, when he and his goon mocked Harry.

"There's no way she could have heard." Roman said, "We were at the very top of the North Tower."

"I opened the window to breathe." Harry said.

"Harry, do you even know how high the North Tower is?" Carina asked, "It's very high."

"Then how could she have learned about that?" Hermione asked.

"You tell me!" Harry said.

"I've been trying!" Hermione said, then her eyes trailed at Carina and Roman. An idea came to her, "I think I know – I'm just not sure –give me two seconds in the library!"

Then Hermione ran off, leaving a very confused Harry, Ron, Carina and Roman. After class, Harry was called by McGonagall to proceed to the chamber at the Hall to meet his family ("You don't think they had the Dursleys come over, do you?" Harry asked them).

"So..." Ron began, when he was alone with Roman and Carina, "What did you turn to?" he asked Roman.

Roman gave him a cheeky grin then howled before walking away. Carina chuckled at Roman's hint and followed after him. Ron sighed after finally knowing what Roman meant by the howl.

"Of course." He muttered.

•†•

"Earlier today, Professor Moody placed the Triwizard Cup deep within the maze. Only he knows its exact position."

It was finally the final task of the Triwizard Tournament. And everyone – the students, teachers, the Champion's family (the Weasleys came as Harry's family) – sat to watch it.

"Now, as Mr. Diggory and Mr. Potter tied for first position, they will be the first to enter the maze. Followed by Mr. Krum and then Miss Delacour... the first person to touch the Cup will be the winner. I've instructed the staff to patrol the perimeter, if at any point should a contestant wish to withdraw from the task he or she need only send up a red flare with their wands... Contenstants, gather around..."

Carina sat with Roman and Theodore at the stands, they both cheered at the as they watched Harry and Cedric enter the maze, whilst Theodore simply just watched. Once all of the Champions have gone, the suspense came. Then the longest wait. Most of the people already fell asleep since it was already late.

"How long could this be?" Theodore sighed.

"Moody must've hid the Cup real good." Carina said. She then turned to Theodore, "By the way, what did you turn to?"

Theodore turned red – a rare occurrence that seems to happen... never – and his red face caught Carina's interest that she made it a life goal to find out what Theodore turned in to. Roman laughed and Theodore shot him a glare for it.

"What is it?" Carina asked.

"Well, it's definitely not four legged." Roman chuckled.

"Is it a flobberworm?" Carina teased.

"Not funny." Theodore said. "It 's a peregrine falcon."

"A what?" Carina asked, she didn't' quite hear Theodore's answer.

"A peregrine falcon." Theodore said.

"How cute!" Carina said.

"Shut up, Black."

•†•

Fleur came back from the maze all pale and scared, she was immediately tended by Madame Maxime and the other teachers. Shortly after her came Krum, he too looked pale and scared, Karkaroff went to tend his Champion. The two foreign Champions seemed to be too frightened to even talk. The only ones left in the maze was Harry and Cedric.

Hours later the sound of a pop came and then the sound of cries. Carina and Roman got up from their seats to see what had happened, and they both fell silent. Carina had her hand over her mouth as she stared in full shock at Harry crying over Cedric Diggory's body. After a while of looking and slowly understanding that Cedric Diggory was dead, Carina looked away and Roman held her, letting her hide.

"He's back! He's back! Voldemort's back! Cedric, he asked me to bring his body back! I couldn't – I couldn't leave him, not there!" Harry cried.

A lot of people gasped and started to whisper when they heard the Dark Lord's name. Ginny flinched and held on to her brother, Bill; while Theodore paled and his eyes glanced at Draco, who too had the same look at his face of slight fear.

"Keep everybody in their seats!" Fudge shouted, "A boy had just been killed. The body must be moved Dumbledore, there are... too many people."

"Let me through!" Amos Diggory and his wife forced their way through the crowd, "That's my son! My boy! My boy!"

Amos Diggory broke down crying over his son's body with his wife beside him. Mrs. Diggory held her son's hand as she cried.

•†•

Hogwarts was never the same.

The Great Hall that was supposed to be covered with curtains of the House Cup winner was covered with black, and the supposed happy faces of the students for finally getting thought another year, were all full of sorrow and fear.

Carina sat quietly beside Harry, her eyes staring blankly at the goblet in front of her, she was still trying to cope that a student had died, and not just any student. It was Cedric Diggory. Cedric, who she had so little time to get to know to. Cedric, who was kind, loyal and brave – a true Hufflepuff. Cedric, who was her friend.

"Today we acknowledge a terrible loss." Dumbledore began. "Cedric Diggory was a s you all know, exceptionally hard working, intricately fair minded, and most importantly a fierce, fierce friend." Carina felt a hand on hers, she turned to Harry and gave her hand a squeeze for reassurance.

"I think therefore you have the right to know exactly how he died... Cedric Diggory was murdered by Lord Voldemort..."

Panic swept through the Hall. At the Slytherin table, Theodore flinched at the sound of the Dark Lord's name, for some reason he held on to his left arm and rubbed it.

"You see, the Ministry of Magic does not wish me to tell you this, but not to do so... I think it would be an insult to his memory. Now the pain we all feel at this dreadful loss reminds me – reminds us that while we may come from different places and speak in different tongues, out hearts beat as one.

"In light of recret events the bonds of friendship we made this year will be more important than ever. Remember that and Cedric Diggory will not have died in vain, you remember that, and we'll celebrate a boy who was kind and honest and brave and true right to the very end... to Cedric."

Everyone raised their goblets and murmured Cedric's name.

"The Triwizard Tournament's aim was to further and promote magical understanding. In the light of what has happened – of Lord Voldemort's return – such ties are more important than ever before..."

•†•

The Hogwarts students bid farewell to the Beauxbatons and Durmstrangs, those who had made friends with them promised to write to each other. Some hugged, some kissed each other's cheeks – especially the Beauxbatons. At some place, Krum kissed Hermione's hands.

"Write to me. Promise." Krum said to Hermione.

Whilst Ron was sitting alone was approached by the Delacour sisters and they both in turn gave him a kiss on the cheek. Then left after saying goodbye. At one place, Carina, Roman and Theodore stood before each other.

"Well, it looks like it'll be awhile before we see each other again." Roman said.

"Don't cry over that, Roman." Theodore teased.

Roman chuckled.

"Hey," Carina called Theodore, "Promise to write?"

Theodore raised a brow.

"Who are you and what have you done to Black?" Theodore smirked.

Carina rolled her eyes, "I'm serious... promise, Theodore?"

Theodore's smirk fell when he heard Carina call him by his name than his family name. Roman smirked at the look of him and nudged him at the side with an elbow.

Theodore finally smiled and spoke.

"Of course, Carina."

Carina held out her fist to the two boys before her. Roman bumped her fist with his, then Carina waited for Theodore. Theodore stared at her for a moment.

"Come on, Theodore, my arm's kill me." Carina joked.

Theodore chuckled and bumped his knuckles with hers. It was a beautiful friendship forming between the three of them.

The two foreign school finally left in their ship – the Durmstrangs – and horses and carriages – the Beauxbatons.

"Do you think we'll ever have a quiet year at Hogwarts?" Ron asked.

"No." Carina answered with a smile.

"No, I don't think so." Harry said.

"Now where's the fun if there was?" Roman tried to lighten the mood.

"Everything's going to change now, isn't it?" Hermione asked.

"Yes." Harry said grimly.

"Promise you'll write this summer, all of you." Hermione eyed each and everyone of them.

"Well I won't." Ron joked, "You know I won't."

"Harry will, won't you?" Hermione said, "And Carina and Roman."

"Yeah, every week." Harry said.

"He says every week – I say everyday!" Carina chuckled.

Roman playfully rolled his eyes, "Every hour Hermione."

Harry, Hermione, Carina, Ron and Roman sat in one compartment, talking about the findings of Rita Skeeters and stared at her as she sat on her leaf in the jar that Hermione charmed. While at the other compartment, far from the group of five, Theodore sat alone, his leg bouncing. The door of the compartment he was in suddenly opened and came in Draco – a rare occurrence – while Crabbe and Goyle stood outside like bodyguards.

"You know what's happening." Draco said.

"I'm not an idiot, Malfoy." Theodore muttered.

"Things are changing... nothing is going to be the same."

The thought of Roman and Carina passed through Theodore's mind, he looked at his hands— his fist (the one that Carina and Roman bumped), his jaw clenched at the thought of them and the path he was to take.

"I know."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

2 0 4
With the escape of prisoner Sirius Black throwing both the muggle and wizarding world into abrupt chaos some students decide to play a cruel joke on...
11.4K 496 11
Andromeda Black has never had any reason to doubt her family's aversion to mudbloods; as far as she is aware, power and respect are her birthright an...
88.4K 3.1K 29
"Let's all get a butterbeer." The war was over with Harry Potter defeating the Dark Lord, but that doesn't mean all was finished. Escaped Death Eater...
60.9K 2K 45
When life is constantly changing with a raging war destroying your world, being a teenager doesn't seem as important as fighting for your loved ones...