Pirates (A Crossmare Fanficto...

By __Purple_Fluffball__

This is for the Crossmare anniversary 3rd July :3 Long ago an ancient chest containing all the gems and rich... More

Prologue
Pirates
You know what to Do
The Plank
Medic
Storm
Brace Yourself
You made It!
Cursed?
Just testing Something
Ship?
Long time no See
Trust
Dont make a Sound
Im not Stopping
Love
Talking
Overboard
Betrayal
Swim
Mauled
Siren Cove
I'm not going to hurt You
Saving Horror
Cave
Quest to kill the Kraken
Alive?
Sacrafices
Treasure
The End

Healing

7.9K 362 538
By __Purple_Fluffball__

❤️💜2k mmmmmmmm hunny💜❤️

---Nightmare's POV----

The medic winced upon seeing his back, his eyes widening slightly.

"U-Umm...I-I'm just going to heal you up...okay?"

Cross nodded, his attention focused on the floor, one of his hands gripping onto the heart locket, which he had kept on instead of taking off.

The other hand was resting on the side of the bed, his fingers curling round and gripping the sheets.

The medic sat down behind him, crossing his legs quickly before reaching up at placing his hand over the sickening mess that Horror and the others had made.

The medic rubbed his fingers back and forth over the widened crack over his vertebrae, letting his healing magic flow through his finger tips.

I watched emotionlessly, ignoring the fact that I was supposed to be looking down at the floor instead of being my usual pervy self.

Cross tensed at first when he felt the healing magic hit him, but soon enough relaxed, his shoulders slumping, head hanging.

The medic kept his hand there, his eyes trained on Cross' body, assessing if there were any other scars or wounds that he could heal in addition before doing his foot.

I sighed, looking around the room. The walls in this room, despite it being a medics room, was covered in paintings and drawings that had been stuck to the wall.

They were all done by the medic. He would often paint or draw when no one needed healing, or if we all went out raiding, leaving him and a few others behind.

There was at least one of every member of the crew. Most of those pictures were in the small artists sketch books. One of seven.

He always found time to draw somehow, even if he had ten minutes free, that was enough time for him to draw a pretty decent rough sketch of something with little details and all that arty shit.

I smirked at a whole group painting of the whole crew gathered around a camp fire on an island. That was the day we had our biggest loot.

We raided some island that happened to be, without us even knowing, royal heritage, and therefore, there was lots of expensive stuff to steal.

After looting practically everything there was to loot, we had a mini party on the beach, drinking and eating round a campfire, telling old stories and tales of how we came to to pirate life.

The medic was fairly new then, silent and shy, scared of everything. I can remember him sat on the ground that night, glancing at everyone warily as he sketched quickly with a simple pencil into his sketch book.

In the end he turned his sketch into a large painting, which was still to this day, up on his wall, along with a bunch of other ones.

The medic used to be super shy and scared of everyone, but after a year of being stuck with us, he's got to know us, growing less scared and more confident everyday.

He's most confident around Error. The two of them seem to have quite an interesting bond. Error saved his life by fighting against the rest of the crew, and in return Error gets the best of healing all the time. I swear the medic heals him purposely quicker or better than the others, like as some sort of payment.

I'm pretty sure they're secretly seeing each other every night, but I really can't be asked to stop them. I find it rather amusing really. Watching Error from my cabin as he sips across the deck to find his little medic.

I find it funny that he thinks I don't know about it, assuming that I'm completely oblivious.

Heh, you see, with my ship, I see everything.

Nothing goes on in my ship without me knowing.

I snapped out of my thoughts as he medic stood up suddenly, walking round the bed so that he was in front of Cross before crouching down in front of him.

The medic cringed upon seeing his bloodied shoe, the purple magic was still seeping out, having made a few drops on the floor. He would be cleaning those up immediately after this.

"I'm going to take off your shoe..." He muttered, reaching out to hold onto the blood stained thing.

Cross whimpered softly, squeezing his eyes tightly shut in pain.

The medic sighed, glancing at me. "Captain I need you to help..."

I blinked. "How?"

"This is going to hurt him and he needs something to grip into that would reassure him. The blanket won't help, he needs something alive..."

"So you want me to hold his hand?" I scoffed, looking at him, unamused.

"Ideally? Yes. But I know what your like, so just let him grip your wrist or something."

I sighed loudly, standing up and walking over, sitting myself back down on the bed, next to Cross.

Cross instantly let go of the blanket, that he had been holding, now having a death grip on my arm.

I jolted in surprise, but didn't make him let go, soon smirking.

Cross purposefully ignored looking at me, keeping his eyes on the medic as he slowly started to pull Cross' shoe off of his foot.

Cross looked away, his eyes scrunched teeth gritted and grip tightening as the shoe slowly started coming off, all of us wincing at the horrible noise it made.

It eventually came off with a horrible squelch, making me and the medic shudder while Cross cried out weakly in pain.

His foot was a mess. The knife had hit him at the joint, rupturing his ankle, fracturing the bones.

The medic shut his eyes for a moment, looking away and breathing softly before looking back at the mess that was once a foot.

Cross let out an agonised whimper, his grip on my arm tightening further as the medic took hold of his foot, building up his healing magic.

Not really knowing why, I placed my free hand on top of his, squeezing it in an almost reassuring way.

I looked away from him as soon as I did so, not wanting to meet whatever expression he'd have on his face.

I could sense that he was still looking at me, even when a minute had passed.

"Enjoying the view~?" I purred, glancing at him with a sly look.

He immediately looked away, his face flushing a light shade of purple. "N-No...Sorry Captain..."

I grinned, a dark chuckle escaping me. "Of course not~"

He kept his eyes down out of embarrassment, his grip on my arm loosening slightly.

The medic glanced at me warily, probably wondering why I was acting like this. Normally I don't show any emotions other than hate to people, even Error, my first mate can barely get a positive reaction out of me. And I never treat people kindly. That's just how I work.

But the riddle did say that he would only ever reveal his secrets if he has full trust in you...something we're never gonna get if we treat him like scum.

I don't have to get too close. Not close enough to get attached. Just close enough to gain his trust so that he'll give up his secrets.

That's all I need.

His secrets.

I sighed, looking blankly at the wall for a reason I can't quite remember.

It was another five whole minutes later when someone broke the silence.

"There...your foot should be healed now..." The medic muttered, moving his hands away from Cross' foot to reveal the now healed bone.

It almost looked good as new. The only sign that he had  ever been stabbed there  was the faint scar left on his bones.

"I need to see if you can walk..." The medic said, standing up and backing away.

I immediately let my hand fall off of his and he hesitantly let go of my arm.

The medic pulled him to his feet before stepping back, waiting.

Cross glanced at both of us, hugging himself tightly as he took a small, shaky step. And another. And another.

The medic smiled. "That's good."

Cross continued looking down at the floor, but opened his mouth to say something.

He never got the chance.

I heard someone yell a warning up-deck before the ship jolted massively with the force of a tsunami, sending all of us flying and slamming into the wall.

Storm...

----------------------------------------------

Mmmmmmmmmmmm poor Cross :'3

He's got Nightmare to protect him tho X3

Hhhhhhhhh Crossmare is love Crossmare is life

Ric me

Bye

-Jess-

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

23.6K 933 22
[[This is a sequel to "The King and his Prince". Read that first before reading this! All the warnings will be listed just like my previous story]] T...
149K 5.5K 30
THIS IS BEING REWRITTEN BOTH HERE AND ON MY AO3 "AppleBloomer" Cross was a loyal servant to Nightmare, even proving he would give his life to save hi...
50.3K 2.4K 34
The legend of the Prince of Darkness and Negative feelings. It's a well-known legend across all AU's. It was many, many, many, many years ago. Bac...
98.1K 3.1K 47
If you like Nightmare being a smoll who is now in the story plot that Cross usually is and a Cross that's now basically nightmare then you are in luc...