Seein' Red (Dustin Lynch FanF...

By MustangPoseidon

Dustin Lynch is quickly rising to fame in the country music scene. Sarah Reagan is a model police officer at... More

Another Day At Work
Mystery Girl
Again
Austin
Fun
Surprise
Okay
Chillin' It
Yours
Dustin's Parents?
New Job
Road Trip
Good/Not Good
Smiles
Over The Edge
Big Brother
Again, I Promise
Mine Again
Just Him and I
Thank You Luke
Birthday Setup
Love
Marry?
Confused
My Girl

Roller Coaster

240 12 0
By MustangPoseidon

Alex's POV

Everyone was outside except for Sarah and I, who was just sitting on the sofa. I took a look as my phone which just vibrated and saw a text from Justin.

I instantly unlocked my phone and read what he sent, At the store making sure the party is a hit! Getting the surprise ready tell me when I can bring it.

I smiled and Sarah took a glance at me before getting up taking the guys their bottle and some glasses. She also grabbed juice and a glace for Grant, the apple juice looked really close to Luke's drink. I quickly replied while Sarah was gone, Will do can wait! Will have the video set up which will get everything from Luke to Grant and his surprise and Sarah too!

Sarah came back in and said demanding, "I need help finding something better to wear, could you help me?"

"Sure will," I said getting up and walked towards her room.

Shutting the door behind me Sarah walked to her bed and collapsed. I could tell she was exhausted so I went to her closet. I dug through her stash of NYPD cloths and concert shirts and that's when I saw this cut off that I knew wasn't hers but I just smiled and kept digging. I found some dresses in her closet I pulled out a simple knee length black dress and a knee length red one.

I turned and faced Sarah and said, "Pick one."

She looked and then finally said, "I don't know I guess the black one."

"Red it is," I said smiling knowing before I asked her that she was going to wear the red one. I sat the dress on the bed and put the black one away. I then looking through her shoes, she had lots of tennis shoes and a few flats and a couple small heels.

I turned around disgusted asking, "Do you have anything else other than this?"

"Boots down stairs," she said.

I smiled and said, "That will do!"

I was about to leave for a second but before I could I said, "You should wear that cowboy bat of yours so we could sent it to Dustin."

Before I could hear a reply I left the room and went into the front room where I checked my phone nothing. So I went outside where I was met by alot more people, just family and friends, there's was about 15 people. Even Grants best friend Garfield came, now everyone was here time for Luke to get ready to sing.

I waved at Luke and he waved back and there was a wink and that was the key to text Justin. Hey everyone's here Luke's getting ready, bring the surprise I'll sneak away and meet you.

I was quickly replied too with a simple okay. I sat my phone down and Sarah came out of her room in her read dress and black socks, she had her hat in hand.

"Came you do a simple fresh braid or something?" she asked.

"Sure" I said and she kneeled down upfront of me. I quickly braided her hair and just as I told her to get her boots and head outside my phone buzzed.

"Who's that?" Sarah quickly asked.

I quickly replied with a smile, "It's just Justin telling me to meet outside with Grants surprise gift."

"Oh do you need help?" she asked.

"No it's nothing big he just wanted to speak to me privetly," I quickly lied, "but let's get a pic of you first."

I took her pictured and she went outside and mingled as I quickly ran outside the door.

Justin just pulled in and I nodded and I saw Dustin sit up from the back seat. They got out of the car and Luke started to sing.

"Don't forget second song will be yours and it's Roller Coaster okay. I will be video taping as you appear okay?" I said.

"Sure do, thanks alot for this Alex and you too Justin," Dustin said smiling.

"No problem see you soon Justin will keep Sarah's attention to Luke," I told Dustin as he nodded and Justin and I left to the party.

Dustin's POV

I stood around in the narrow walkway between the backyard and front yard listening to Luke sing his song Play it Again. I quickly looked up Roller Coaster on my phone and listen to the beginning with headphones till I made sure I got the lyrics down. Once I finish and Luke was finishing his song I shoved my phone and headphones in my pocket. I pulled my hand out and I realized it was shaking so I shook my hands and quietly jumped up and down, took deep breathes and prepared myself to sing. The opening chords of Roller Coaster started so I walked to the edge of the house and looked to find Grant and Sarah, once I did I saw Alex smiling near Luke filming. Luke took a deep breathe getting ready to sing and I walked out letting the opening lyrics roll of my tongue, "She had a cross around her neck."

Most people turned around as I sang the next few verses, "And a flower in her hair."

Grant finally realized it was me and came running at me and I kneeled down to pick him up. He crashed in my arms as I sang, "that I picked from the side of Thomas Drive, on our way to the sand."

Grant was squeezing me so tight and was saying my name over and over. He looked at me and kissed my nose as he began to cry. Once he started to cry I pulled him close and couldn't help but let a few tears fall as well. Luke continued the song and Sarah slowly made her way to me and Grant, she took was crying. I walked to her and wrapped my other arm around her as she hugged me with Grant between us.

She looked as me as she stopped crying and said, "Dustin Charles Lynch you are on sneaky man."

I smiled and said, "I know," but before I could finish what I was saying Sarah kissed me softly. I kissed her back before backing away to let Grant down.

I sat his feet down but wouldn't let go, "Hey birthday boy."

He loosened his grip to look at me and said, "What?"

"Can I talk to mommy really quick okay?" I asked knowing he wouldn't wanna let go.

"Ya but you mus come back," he said letting go of me.

I grabbed my phone from my pocket and I held if out towards him, "here I can't go no where without my phone so you keep it till I come back."

"Okay," he said grabbing my phone.

"Go get Uncle Luke and thank him he did all this for you."

With that he took off after Luke and turned to face Sarah and grabbed her hand. I walked towards the house as she asked, "So this was all Luke?"

"Well Ya I had some help from here too after almost getting discovered. I don't know who that was," I said laughing, "Alex and Justin then stepped in and helped."

"I'll have to thank them later," she said wrapping her arms around my next and leaned in for a kiss.

I rested my head on her shoulder and said, "Can I ask you something?"

Without moving she said, "Anything."

"I was wondering if I could take Grant on a little trip to a friends house and he could pick out a bike," I said and Sarah looked up at me.

"Of course you can when you leaving?" she asked.

I took a deep breathe, "I was hoping maybe leave Monday and be home Friday or Saturday."

"Okay, where too?" Sarah asked me.

"New York" I said knowing I couldn't lie.

"Ohh nice maybe you will run into my family, cause they are everywhere!" Sarah said smiling.

"Maybe," I said smiling and kissing her.

"We better get back to the party," I said after about a minute.

"We better," Sarah said before lightly kissing me and walked away.

I smiled and followed and I made my way towards Luke and Grant. Grant saw me and barreled at me, I kneeled down as he collided with me. There I laid on my back with Grant laying on me with my phone in his hand. I just took a minute as I looked at Grant, he had a big grin on his face and my cap backwards upon his head.

I told him to keep my phone for the night and also asked him, "hey bud you still got my dog tag I have you?"

He dug in his shirt, which was really cute and and pulled it out with his big grin and said, "yep."

I put my hand on the back of his head and pulled out towards me and I kissed his forehead saying, "I love you bud."

He looked at me and said, "luv ya more Dus," and then kissed my nose like he loves doing. I sat up and slowly stood up not once letting go of Grant. He had me in his "don't ever leave" grip and I looked over his shoulder and nodded my head at Luke. He just smiled and continued doing what he does best, sing and make everyone laugh.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

88.5K 795 18
Brianna Johnson is a hardcore R5 fan who goes everywhere R5 goes in hopes of running into them. But when Brianna hits Ross Lynch with her car...may t...
1.8K 9 112
4 words; 1Name : Rhonwen (pronounced Rowena) Jasmine Emily Lynch. Yes lynch. The same lynch family in the band R5 with the best friend Ratliff take t...
119K 3.6K 53
❝When two people love each other, they don't- -They don't what Alice? They don't break each other's hearts? Because you've alread...