Surprise

Sarah's POV

I rolled over and slammed my hand down on the alarm clock. After my eyes adjusted to the morning light I saw a black cowboy hat. I just smiled as I remembered yesterday, it was the best thing ever since Austin. I kept thinking about the amazing day I had with Dustin.

I sat up in bed as I checked social media when I saw that Dustin had posted a picture of him on Dan and an empty saddle of Mister next to him. He posted it with the caption of I had an amazing time with these two guys and an amazing friend!!! I sat there thinking of how sneaky Dustin is, he must have taken that photo when I was in side getting Grant and telling Gus we were back.

I got out of bed thinking of what Dustin would be doing right now. All I could imagine him standing in a towel after a shower and I smiled as I sent him a text.

Wanted to thank you for yesterday. I had an amazing time, what ya doing?

I quickly put my hair up in a very simple bun as I went down the hall and got Grant up. I was about to reach for Grant when my phone went off and decided to let Grant sleep in. I checked my phone as I headed into the front room.

I had fun too and I am happy you had fun too. Well I am just sitting here waiting for time to head to a concert. U? -Dustin

I quickly sent him a text back after an amazing thought popped in my head.

I am about to get ready for work so I will have to let you go

I smiled as I reread the text before getting up and seeing a text to Buck seeing if he could watch Grant and he agreed. I headed to my bedroom as I went through my drawers looking for a good outfit. I checked my phone one last time before getting ready.

Well I guess talk later, have fun at work -Dustin

I sure will and I saw your post BTW talk later

I sent a text back before throwing it on my bed. I grabbed a black pair of jeans and one of my many NYPD shirts and quickly throwing them on. I grabbed my phone and shoved it in my pocket as I went and got Grant. I quickly changed him and headed down stairs, I grabbed him some food as I walked to the front door. I put on my boots and was about to head out the door an I remembered I forgot something. I sat Grant down as I ran back to my room and grabbed my hat, put it on as I went back into the front room. This time I grabbed Grant and headed over to Buck's.

I pulled into the drive and Buck was standing there. He got grant out the back as I thanked him again. We talked a few minutes till I had to go. I smiled as I remembered the blue and purple ticket I had in my pocket. One was just for getting in and the other was a meet and greet. I had gotten the a couple months ago from Alex, I was to meet her there with Justin.

I finally arrived on site I looked for Alex's car and when I spotted it I pulled into an empty space a few spots down. I walked over as I meet up with Alex and Justin.

"Hey girl what's up," I said as I have her a big hug.

Alex must have noticed my hat cause she asked to try on the hat. I of course let her I gave it to her as she gasped.

"Umm where did you get this," she said as she pointed to Dustin's signature on the hat.

"It was a gift from a friend," I said technically telling the truth.

"How come you never told me?" She said still shocked.

I hesitated before finding an answer, "I just got it."

After talking some more it was finally time to get to our spots in the pit. We had small talk till Dustin's opener Locash came on stage.

Dustin's POV

I was waiting on the bus and my guards are outside and I hope Sarah was their since she said she had to go to work. It was soon time to make my way to stage. I saw my guards and they were both male and my heart sank some. I stood side stage as Locash excited stage and I found my way up the stairs and a smile was on my face.

The music began to play and I sang,

"Flame
Girl you light it up
When I hear you say my name"

I continued to sing but on that lyric I heard the only voice that would say, Mr. Lynch and I instantly smiled as I hyped up more. I walked the stage looking for her and that's when I spotted her and I winked as I sang while I pointed at Sarah,

"And I just can't wait
To get you out tonight
Yeah
You know
How bad I want it"

I winked at Sarah as the crowd went wild and Sarah acted like a fan she is and didn't want to draw attention from people. She some how snuck a wink back at me as she sang the song and I walked away but always snuck a smile her way.

I finished my set and I was able to get a shower stuffed in and was able to change before meet and greets. I had my black hat that match's Sarah's. I was able to make it to meet and greets right on time.

I was three quarters the way through the line when I saw Sarah we got some pictures talked and I even played a little sneaky when I got some water. When I came back I had a small golden key and I snuck it to Sarah also a letter that I wrote real quick letting her get to my trailer with out no problem. Then it was time for the rest of the line as Sarah walked away.

Sarah's POV

I left the meet and greet and I put the key and note in my pocket as Justin and Alex soon made their way from meet and greet. We talked a while when I told them to leave me as I lied why, I said that I was waiting for a friend to pick me up.

They left me an when they were out of sight I made my way towards Dustin's trailer. I was stopped my security once and just showed them the note Dustin gave me. I unlocked the trailer and went into the front room and sat on the couch and read his note.

This is Sarah my friend, let her pass
Thanks -Dustin Lynch

I smiled thinking it was short, sweet and commanding. I just sat on the couch for 15 minutes when I went into the kitchen and got in the fridge. He had water and of course some Budlight, I grabbed two and a bottle opener and went back to the couch.

I opened both them and took a drink of mine and I turned the TV on and changed to CMT Countdown. I was watching and listening to music videos when the trailer door opened and I turned to see Dustin. He took his hat off and put it next to mind before heading towards me.

"Wanna join me," I said raising my beer, "hope ya don't mine."

"Sure and I don't mind," he said sitting next to me on the couch.

"So why did you want me to come to the trailer?" I asked.

He smiled before speaking, "well I figured we can talk."

"Talk about what," I said while pulling my feet up and leaning back on the sofa.