Birthday Setup

Dustins POV

Luke had told his band the plan and since they got the next month off they were okay with taking a detour to Sarah's place. We had everything packed and ready to go. Luke decided to stay as light as possible so he only had guitars and guitarists, James and Carter. I sent all my band members home so here I was in Luke's big black truck with James and Carter with very little room but enough I could lay down and hide till Luke gave me the all clear. He will send me a text telling me he had everyone's attention and I was clear to move in. I had also been planning and little guys outing were Grant and I, we would go do some fun things and he would pick his own bike out. I was also going to have Grant help me with some chores I had to do and hopefully even take a little trip, just Grant and I.

Sarah's POV

Just returning from the store and piling the groceries on the table for the party today I had walked right past Alex and Justin who were sitting on the sofa. After scaring the death out of me they helped by putting up tables outside. I was running around like a mad man till everything was ready about an hour before people were to arrive. Alex, Justin and I just sat down on the sofa when a knock came from the door. I jumped up and walked to the door, I opened the door hoping to see Dustin but it wasn't.

"Ohh hey Luke.. what you doing here?" I said concerned but also kinda shocked cause it was Luke Bryan. Not like I haven't seen him or spoke to him before but because he was at my house.

I didn't hear Luke say it the first time but I heard the second time he said. "Dustin couldn't make it so he sent me to give a little surprise."

"Like what" I asked as two men walked up. I recognized one as Micheal but everyone called him Carter. The other one I didn't recognize.

"A little party concert," he said as he must have seen me eyeing the two men behind him, "that's James and...".

"Carter," I said cutting him off getting weird looks from James and Luke.

"Hey Officer Reagan," Carter said reconizing me. We talked everytime I covered one of Luke's shows, he was the man I went to to get information. Carter was the middle man kinda.

"Please call me Sarah," I said.

"How do you know each other," Luke said questioning things.

"I'll fill you in as I take you to the back yard where I assume you will set up." I said taking them to the back door.

"Can I help you guys carry anything or something," I asked.

Luke all too fast said, "No it's all good we got it."

"Okay then I have to go pick some special people up and I'll be back. You guys need anything?" I asked as I started to walk back inside.

"Ya wait for a sec need to look something up," Luke said as I stopped and walked back towards him.

He tapped away on his phone as James went to the truck. A few minutes later Luke showed me a picture of this bottle of alcohol asking me to get it for him and his band. I agreed but when Luke said he'd pay me for it, I said it was my treat. With all that I walked through the house and left the house.

Luke's POV

As soon as Sarah was gone I quickly jogged to the side of the house were I was met with James and Dustin.

"Did she see anything? Are we still good?" I asked concerned.

"I am good Luke, all she saw was James and Carter unpacking the truck," Dustin said.

"Thats great but I believe we need more help, so no more of these close calls." I said.

Dustin gave me a look before saying, "Who would we get help from?"

I smiled before saying, "I'll be back." With that I ran inside to the couple inside. I talked with them after learning Alex was Sarah's bestfriend, Justin was Alexs fiancee. When I was sure they could helped I asked, "Can I ask you guys to help me?"

"Anything, what can we do for you Luke?" Alex said smiling.

"Well it's not for me exactly, let me show you," I said and I started to walk away and made sure they followed.

When we turned the corner I saw Alex in shock as she said Dustin's name before walking up to him and hugged him.

"Dustin what you doing here?" Alex asked.

Dustin slightly shuffled before saying, "A little surprise for Grant and Sarah."

"Thats great but you can't stay here," Alex said concerned.

"Your right Alex, but what do we do?" Dustin asked.

Justin spoke up, "What if I go do some chores or something and Dustin comes along. That way the car can be gone and no one thinks anything about it."

"That's great but you guys need to get going like now," I said.

With that Dustin and Justin ran to the car and left. With all our gear unpacked with Alex's help we headed back to the backyard and started to set up.

Sarah's POV

I picked up Grant and Asher from Bucks place so Buck could leave for work. Grant was upset he couldn't come to his party but Buck told him he would make it up to him.

I opened the door in which Grant and Asher flew in and I realized I haven't told Grant, Luke was here. Before I could say anything Luke walked in through the back door and Grant froze and backed up. Asher stood his ground barking before Luke got down to his level and Asher flew at him giving him kisses. Luke stood up and spoke, "All set up Sarah anything I can do to help y'all set up?

"No no help needed," I said smiling.

"I take that is the birthday boy," Luke said and his southern accent came to the front.

He held out his hand and Grant shook it, "Hi Grant I am Luke."

"Hi Luke," Grant said, "I no you."

"I bet you do, maybe my whole name will help, I am Luke Bryan." Luke said as he stood back up.

"Roller Coaster," Grant said almost a sequel.

"Yes that Luke Bryan," he said, "maybe I'll sing it later today just for you."

"Okay," was all Grant could say as Luke went back outside. Grant turned with his mouth open before I realized it he asked were Dus was?

"Sorry bud he couldn't make it but he sent Luke for Ya and I take it you love Luke don't Ya?" I asked trying to avoid him crying.

"I love Luke and Dus," he claimed before running outside assuming to Luke.

Luke's POV

After Grant ran after me, I showed him around the set and introduced him to the guys.

Soon he asked me, "Why could Dus no come?"

I took a deep breathe and kneeled down before saying, "Something came up buddy but he promised me that he will be home soon."

Grant started to cry and I instinctly grabbed him and pulled him close to me. He tucked his head in the crook of my neck just like my kids do. I picked him up and walked around the house to my truck.

"Grant buddy I have something for ya," I said.

He pulled out of my neck and looked up asking, "what."

I sat him down as I reached into the truck grabbing Dustin's baseball cap. I turned around and sat it on his head. He instantly grabbed it, "it's Dustins hat, he wanted me to give it to you till he gets home."

"Thanks Luke," he said as he put it back on his head but this time he put it on backwards, like mine.

I laughed before taking the hat again since it was way too big and adjusted it, I let it back on his head backwards. He smiled before leaping forward hugging me, I picked him up and he wrapped his arms around my neck and hugged tightly. I hugged him back and Grant looked at me with a big smile and I could see in his eyes that he's going to love Dustin's surprise.