Then and Now: A Harry Styles...

By musicluva4eva

It was just supposed to be a simple, harmless lunch date, to catch up with an old friend. But when that old f... More

Chapter One
Chapter Two
Chapter Three
Chapter Four
Chapter Five
Chapter Six
Chapter Seven
Chapter Eight
Chapter Nine
Chapter Ten
Chapter Eleven
Chapter Twelve
Chapter Thirteen
Chapter Fourteen
Chapter Fifteen
Chapter Seventeen
Chapter Eighteen
Chapter Nineteen
Chapter Twenty
Chapter Twenty-One
Chapter Twenty-Two
Chapter Twenty-Three
Chapter Twenty-Four
Chapter Twenty-Five
Chapter Twenty-Six
Chapter Twenty-Seven
Chapter Twenty-Eight
Chapter Twenty-Nine
Chapter Thirty
Chapter Thirty-One
Chapter Thirty-Two
Chapter Thirty-Three
Chapter Thirty-Four
Chapter Thirty-Five
Chapter Thirty-Six
Chapter Thirty-Seven
Chapter Thirty-Eight
Chapter Thirty-Nine
Chapter Forty
Chapter Forty-One
Chapter Forty-Two
Chapter Forty-Three
Chapter Forty-Four
Chapter Forty-Five
Chapter Forty-Six
Chapter Forty-Seven
Chapter Forty-Eight
Chapter Forty-Nine

Chapter Sixteen

32.7K 283 65
By musicluva4eva

14.1K reads? YOU GUYS ARE FREAKING AMAZING YOUR MORE AWESOME THAN CHOCOLATE CHIP COOKIE DOUGH ICE CREAM AND THAT'S AWESOME. Okay random over. Story time now. No, not #MazziMazStoryTime but #ThenAndNowStoryTime! Lol ignore me here's this long chapter.

Enjoy!

_______________________________________________________________________________________

By the end of the three movies, I had screamed countless times, threw a bowl of popcorn at Niall's face (not that he minded) and was using Harry as my personal pillow. Actually, I was more or less sitting on Harry's lap, with my face buried in his chest. He didn't seem to mind that much; in fact, he was rubbing my back comfortingly. It was a nice feeling, to be honest.  Except Danielle was staring at us with that scary smirk on her face, and I knew the moment the lights were turned back on, her and Eleanor would drag me away for an interrogation.

Because of that, I hoped the movies would never end, even though I was scared to death.

"Harry." I murmured into his chest as the movies finished.

"Yes?" he whispered.

"Promise we never have to look at a movie like that again?"

"Anything for you, love."

That was actually really sweet.

'No. I can't think that. We're just friends. Best friends.' I mentally slapped myself upside the head.

I suddenly heard a camera's click, and groaned. Why did everyone love to take pictures of Harry and I?

I looked up, and saw Eleanor with her iPhone, Danielle and Louis beside her, smirks on all of their faces.

"Just give me a second and it'll be up on Instagram and Twitter!" she smiled sweetly.

This girl looked sweet on the outside but in reality she was an evil mastermind out to ruin my life along with her two assistants, her sassy boyfriend Louis that resembled a puppy dog sometimes, and a petite, innocent looking dancer named Danielle. 

"Done!" she said, and Harry and I groaned.

I slid off his lap, and stood up, rubbing my eyes. I noticed that the DVD player had been switched off, and now there was a racing game on the television screen. I saw that Liam and Zayn were the ones with the controllers, while Niall was shouting out curses at each of them, telling what to do. 

I pulled up my mobile, and brought up twitter, to see the picture from Eleanor. Why did people adore pictures of Harry and I?

@EleanorJCalder: We were looking at Paranormal Activity, and @JennaMatthews got very scared. ;) @Harry_Styles twitpic.com/a58xw4qx

The picture looked very couple like, and Louis and Danielle had already retweeted it, each adding several winky faces, which meant my mentions were going absolutely insane. I groaned.

"Now, if you boys don't mind, we're going to steal Jenna away! Harry, we're using your room." Danielle said.

"Noo..." I groaned, "Help me out here Haz?"

"Sorry love, last time I opposed Danielle, bad things happened that can't happen again." The curly haired heartthrob smirked.

I glared at him, "You'll pay for this Styles."

Harry shrugged as Danielle and Eleanor dragged me off. We ended up in a blue room, with a large king sized bed, and several posters and a couple pictures of Harry with his family. Eleanor locked the door, and Danielle turned to me.

"Now that we're alone, spill."

"Spill what?" I said innocently.

Danielle groaned, "You know what! What's going on with you and Harry? You two are always cuddling or together!"

"We're best friends. That's all." I said simply.

"Love, best friends do not do what you two are doing. You two are acting like two people that are too damn idiotic to realise they are perfect for each other so you decide to flirt endlessly instead."

I opened my mouth to speak, but Eleanor cut me off. "It's obvious you two like each other; obvious to everyone except you two."

"I don't like him. He doesn't like me. That's final." I ignored the churning that was starting in my stomach when I said that. "I'll admit that Harry's handsome, okay. And sure he has rock hard abs that any girl would love to see. But there is absolutely nothing going on there."

I regretted what I said the moment it came out of my mouth.

"WHAT!?" Danielle and Eleanor screamed, "You saw him shirtless?"

Creepy. They were talking together. Almost like twins. They were evil twins out to ruin me, that's what they were.

"Once. It was for a wardrobe thing with Leanne. I turned around at the wrong moment. Nothing more." I felt a blush creep up my neck.

"You're blushing!" Eleanor squealed, "What did he say?"

I mentally groaned, and recounted the conversation reluctantly. Eleanor chuckled when I recounted Louis' outburst.

"So basically you saw Harry shirtless, drooled over his body, flirted with him, and then said he had no muscles?" Danielle said.

"Y—wait what?" I asked.

"AHA! You didn't deny it!" Danielle squealed.

I don't think that there's anything that I could say for Danielle to understand that I didn't like Harry romantically. Sure he was sweet and charming, and was basically the perfect boyfriend materiel, plus had a great body to top it all off.

Oh my God. I didn't just say that. No, no, no, no, no. Harry was just a friend. Ugh. All of this talk with Danielle and Eleanor was seriously messing up my emotions. I'd just stop thinking about all of this, and these weird as hell feelings would disappear.

"Jenna? Jenna? Jennnaaa?!" I heard a voice snapping me out of my reverie.

"Oh my God," I turned to look at Eleanor. "You were daydreaming about him, weren't you?" she turned to Danielle, "She was daydreaming about him!"

Danielle laughed, and then sighed, "I'm going to leave you with some wise words Jenna. You obviously like him. He obviously likes you. So get together already. Simple. Bye!"

And with that Eleanor and her linked arms, and exited the room before I could get another word in.

Honestly, whenever I was around Harry, I felt whole. I always wanted to be around him, no matter how many fans or paparazzi were there. I never really thought of it as romantic feelings, but now Eleanor and Danielle were bringing up the topic I wanted to avoid, and I actually had to think about my feelings, and if they were platonic or not.

My emotions were screwed at the moment.

"Hey." I looked up and saw Harry walk into the room.

'Great'  I thought sarcastically 'Just who I needed to talk to so my emotions will become even more messed up.'

"Nice room." I said, instead of what I wanted to say.

"Thanks. It's nice to have somewhere completely normal, where I can forget about the outside world."

"So you installed a state of the art surround sound system to drown out the world?" I said, noticing the expensive speakers.

"Yup. And a couple posters of Coldplay and some other artists."

"Like Katy Perry?"

"She's hot."

I chuckled at that. Trust Haz to say that.

"What did Danielle and Eleanor want to talk about?" he plopped down on his bed, beside me.

"Nosey, aren't you?" I smirked.

"I like to know what goes on in my room, thank you very much." He smiled.

I laughed, "Okay then; take a guess."

"They asked about the nature of our relationship?"

"You betcha."

"What did you tell them?"

"The truth. We're best friends. Nothing more, nothing less."

Harry's smile seemed to falter, barely, for a moment. It was such a miniscule change, I barely noticed it. Most people would have overlooked it immediately but after my conversation with the girls, I just couldn't.

Harry and I continued talking, before we finally exited his room. I discovered that Eleanor was sleeping over, and Danielle was staying with Liam, so that the entire group could meet up for breakfast in the morning. Apparently it was a tradition after film nights.

"You know, it is quite late." Harry said, "You can sleep over in the guest room, if you'd like. It'd spear you the trip home, and then you can join us for breakfast!"

I considered the offer, instead of accepting immediately like I knew Eleanor and Danielle wished I would do. The trip home would most likely be tedious, since it was Friday night in downtown London, and many people would be driving to clubs to party, or to the cinemas to see new box office film releases.

"Alright then. I'll stay." I said, and was almost positive I saw El and Danielle high five each other behind their backs.

"I'm off then lads," Zayn said, standing up, "We're meeting at Liam's place in the morning, right? It's his turn to cook breakfast."

"Yes." Liam said, "Thankfully Danielle is here to make sure I don't burn down the flat!"

One by one everyone left the flat, until only Eleanor, Louis, Harry, and I were left in the living room.

"We're off to bed now. Good night!" Louis chirped, and dragged Eleanor off.

"Don't do anything I wouldn't do!" she called over her shoulder, sending a wink in my direction.

I'm telling you. That girl is pure evil.

"Want me to show you your room?"

"Lead the way." I smiled.

Harry walked down the hallway, and led me to a white door, he opened it and I was met by a light green room. It was a gorgeous room, which was designed perfectly. The light walls were accented with dark brown furniture, with touches of white around the room.

"Did you have a designer do this room?" I asked immediately.

"Nope. My sister wanted to do it. When Lou and I told her we were considering hiring someone, she refused to allow me to do that, because she wanted to flat to feel homey and not artificial."

"Your sister has a great eye."

"Tell her that when her and Mum come down to London!"

"Alright."

"Well," Harry rubbed the back of his neck, "You know where the washroom is, and there are new toiletries under the sink. Goodnight love."

 "Wait—" Harry paused and turned to me, "I have nothing to sleep in."

"Oh. I'll get you something. Be right back." He dashed out of the room.

I pulled my mobile out, and sent a quick message to Becca, explaining that I'd be sleeping over here for the night, and I'll be back before noon tomorrow. After that, I turned the volume on my iPhone off, and hooked it into the iHome, which was conveniently placed on the bedside table.

"Here you go." Harry said, walking back into the room.

He handed me a large teal t-shirt, "I don't think that any of my shorts or sweatpants would fit you, sorry."

"It's fine, Haz." I said.

"Well, goodnight then."

"Night." I said as he exited the room.

I let out a deep breath, and made my way to the washroom to brush my teeth and change.  I did exactly that, and scrubbed my teeth hard, to get out the sugary taste from all the candy. After, I pulled on the shirt, and was thankful it fell to just above my knees.

I quietly walked back to the bedroom, and flicked the lights off, before falling into the soft bed. Within moments, I was out.

QUESTION TIME! WOOOO!

Question: Favourite movie?

Answer: That's a tough one....hmmmm...Okay, going with The Blind Side. But I love A Walk To Remember as well...THERE'S TOO MANY MOVIES. 

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

4.7M 123K 130
@harrystyles liked your post @harrystyles commented on your post @harrystyles started following you |#1 in fanfiction| read at own risk *** written...
424 46 30
You made me see the dark- lights, the stars- shine and the moon- smiles, don't leave me!
2.3K 31 20
It was a chance meeting and now he's become a permanent part of Michelle's life. She doesn't know how to separate his crazy career from the boy she...