Kismet

By xtinkyxbellax16

The Volleyball Player. The Lifeguard. The Conspiracy of the Universe. A few encounters brought them together... More

Prologue
01 Summer's Over
02 First Day High
03 It's All Coming Back
04 The Game Plan
05 Then I Saw Your Face
06 What's Your Number
08 The Tune-Up Game
09 Let's Go Back to the Start
10 Bad Joke Turned Good
11 First Date
12 The Status Update
13 Dine with Friends
14 Gotta Love Sundays
15 Sunday Currently
16 Sunday Splendor
17 And the Wooing Begins
18 Finally...
19 Just Can't Resist You
20 The Surprise Visit
21 - The Boyfriend
22 - The Aftermath
23 - The Sleepover
24 - Sealed With a Kiss
25 - The College Dean
The Lipstick Stain
Drunk... in Love
Mine, oh, Mine!
The NCAA Opening Ceremony
The First Moon
The Deal
The Dilemma
The Faulkerson Fam
A Mother's Wish

07 One Message Received

1.5K 141 41
By xtinkyxbellax16

It was only around six o'clock in the morning when RJ stirs in bed. He reached for his watch from the bedside table and realized that he woke up way earlier than his alarm. It was unusual for him to wake up this early since his class starts at 10AM. Yet he's already in high spirits because for the first time in months, he had a good sounding sleep. He knew it's all because of a beautiful lady named Nicki. He smiled as he closed his eyes to say his morning prayer then rose from the bed to freshen up. But just when he got up, he remembered last night. How he struggled to think of a message he could send to her. He realized that he fell asleep thinking so he rummaged through his sheets for his phone to finally send her a message.

Mas madali ang good morning text. Simple pero hindi naman awkward. At least she would know she's my first thought in the morning! Hihi!

When he found his phone, he excitedly unlocked it but got dumbfounded when he saw that the text he was typing last night was already sent to Nicki. He might've accidentally hit the send button when he dozed off. And what made it worst was that she has read it but didn't reply.

Susmaryosep! Bat naman kasi nasend agad-agad? Tanga mo kasi RJ, bat ka ba nakatulog? Ano ngayon sasabihin natin nyan? Imbes na mag-good morning lang tayo mukhang napasama pa. Baka lalo ng hindi magreply. Haaaaaayst! Mabuti pa mag-ayos na muna ko para makaisip ng tamang itetext.

And while RJ had a good night sleep, Nicki on the other hand had the opposite. She kept on tossing and turning in her bed, couldn't take her mind out of the incident with RJ at the cafe. She wouldn't deny how she secretly hoped for this day, to see him again after Boracay. But that was then. She stopped hoping when she realized she just got played. That what they had in Boracay might just be one of his escapades. Or maybe a one time thing. And the moment she saw him with another girl in the cafe was enough proof that what she thought of it was true. And it hurts her more. That's why she got really confused when he said he finally found her, that he's sorry, and that he still asked for her number.

Like seriously, he was having coffee with a girl. Ano pa bang tawag dun? Tapos sasabihin sa'kin he found me? Duh! As if he was looking for me. Eh sa ngiti lang niya kanina parang enjoy siya sa kadate niya eh. And after all, he still has the nerve to follow me and ask for my number?!

She knew this could happen, but what she didn't expect was that it would happen sooner. Somehow she wasn't prepared for it. She couldn't really define what she's feeling.

Pero binigay mo pa rin naman yung number mo diba?! Hindi ka na talaga nadala, self!
Tapos ngayon hirap ka matulog because he didn't even text you? Well, for sure he won't kasi kasama nga niya yung babae niya. Gaaahd! His actions and his words were really confusing!

Suddenly, her conversation with Sheena rang in her head.

Tama ba si Sheens?! Naiinis lang ba ko dahil may iba ka na ngayon? Umaasa pa ba ko? Pero wala naman akong dapat asahan diba? Kasi kaya niya lang naman kinuha yung number ko to explain things. Siguro kahit wag na lang siya mag-explain. Parang ayoko na siya makita ulit. Bakit ba kasi nagkita pa kami, universe? Pakiexplain sa'kin please! Natotorete na ko eh. I can't even sleep! Aaarrrggghhh!

Her phone rings for an incoming message as she was debating with herself. She abruptly turned to her bedside table to check it, and found that she has one message received from an unknown number. She realized she wasn't able to save his number to her phonebook earlier. Her heartbeat raced. She already had an inkling who the sender was. When she read the message, surprised was an understatement.

What the actual fuck?! Is this some kind of a joke?! Clearly hindi ito missent kasi name ko toh eh. Unless, the name of the girl he's with earlier is the same as mine, which is odd. Juskupu talaga naman, universe!

She didn't know how long she's been staring at her phone. She even contemplated whether to send him a reply or not. She's disappointed and saddened by his message. She realized that maybe because of what they shared last summer, he now had an impression that she was an easy prey.

Walang paramdam for more than two months then
all of a sudden, pwede na ba kami?! Unbelievable! What does he think of me?!
Did he really think I'm that easy to get?
Shit! Kapaaaal! Well, newsflash RJ,
you can't fool me twice! Aaaarrrgghh! Nakakainis ka talaga!

Nicki was still pissed with the text she received last night when she woke up. She checked to see if there were follow up messages from RJ but there's none. She thought about replying to his message but then opted not to. Now, she has decided.

If you really think I'm an easy catch,
then let's make it hard for you, RJ.

She started to prepare because her class starts at 7 in the morning. While she was driving her way to the campus, her phone beeped again. She quickly pick up her phone just to be disappointed again because the message came from Sheena asking where she was. She shook her head and gently threw her phone on the passenger seat. She then checked her watch and saw that she only has a few minutes left before her class starts. She heard her phone beeped again for another message, but she didn't bother anymore thinking it's just Sheena.

****************
He was already dressed up for class when he walked into the kitchen. He thought he would find his cousin there but he realized it's still early for their schedule. He still hasn't send another message to Nicki and he's getting more anxious by the minute. He didn't know what to say and he was pacing back and forth in their kitchen, trying to think of the perfect message to send.

Ang panget naman kung aminin kong nakatulog ako habang nagtetext sa kanya. Baka sabihin hindi ko man lang siya nabigyan ng oras. Good morning na lang kaya? Pero baka magtaka yun sa text ko kagabi eh. Susmaryosep naman kasi! Bahala na nga!

He sent a simple message just to gauge her reaction first.

But he didn't get any reaction at all.

Haaaaayst! Wala naman mawawala kung aminin kong nakatulog ako. At least nagsasabi ako ng totoo.

So he typed away and explained the message that was accidentally sent last night. Then he did a follow up text, a question actually so he could expect for her to reply.

But no replies ever came after a series of messages.

Hay buhay. May number ka nga, hindi ka naman nirereplyan. Wala rin. Paano ka ba susuyuin, Nicki? Pero baka maaga lang din yung pasok niya. Mamaya magrereply din yan, RJ. Tiwala lang!

Nicki actually saw the messages from RJ just when she's making her way to class so she wasn't able to read them at once. When their class was through, she checked her phone and found that there were already 4 new messages. All of which came from just one person, RJ.

She didn't notice that Sheena's eyes were already on her phone as she was reading the messages.

Tssss! Excuses!
She locked her phone then put it in
her bag as they went to their next class.

"Uyyyy! Daming text ni RJ, di mo man lang ba rereplyan?"

Wala kong time. Lika na, my class pa tayo.

"Hala siya! Mahirap na pala magtext ng naglalakad ngayon? Kawawa nman, naghihintay siguro yun ng text mo. Anyare ba beshie?"

Sheens! Naiinis pa ko eh. Mamaya sa vacant ko na kukwento. Mag-aral na muna tayo.

"Yan ang beshie ko, focused! Sana totoo ha? Hihihihihi!"

Meanwhile, RJ was already feeling restless. He has already sent numerous messages to Nicki in between his classes but he still didn't receive any reply.

Hindi man lang ba siya magrereply? Sa dami ng text ko wala talaga kahit isang textback? Mukhang galit nga sa'kin. Or baka naman pinagbawalan nung mayabang na yun. Or baka hindi na talaga siya interesadong malaman. Pero sayang naman. Wala na ba talagang pag-asa? Hindi yan, tiyagain ko na lang baka sakaling makulitan na rin.

They're now having lunch at the cafeteria, talking about the tune-up game tomorrow, when Kristoff noticed that RJ isn't paying attention. He's just staring at his phone, looking so deep in thought. So Kristoff nudged his shoulder and asked him.

"Tol! Si Nicki na naman ba? Wag ka na masyado magworry. Bukas naman finally makikita mo na siya."

He realized he has not mentioned anything to his friends yet. He was about to tell it to Josh earlier but he wasn't able to because his cousin woke up late and they were in a hurry. Now that they're at it, he chosed to break his silence and seek for their help.

I already met her yesterday.

"Whoa! No joke dude?! Saan?"

Sa coffee shop, habang gumagawa kami ng report.

"Aha! Kaya pala iba ang aura mo kagabi pag-uwi. Sabi ko na mukhang masaya ito si Kuya kagabi eh. Sumisipol-sipol pa eh."

"Wow! So what happened? Niyaya mo na magdate? Saan mo dinala? Nakapag-usap na ba kayo? Nagsorry ka na ba?"

Susmaryosep! Hinay hinay lang sa tanong bro! Wala pang date. Hindi pa kami nakapag-usap... at mukhang malabo na yata....

"Ang hina mo naman tol! Andun na eh! Natameme ka ba?"

"Oo nga Kuya. Siguro tiklop ka na naman noh? Bakit malabo? Nagalit ba? O hindi ka na pinansin?"

Anong mahina? Nilakasan ko na nga loob ko eh... Nakausap ko konti... Mukhang hindi naman galit... siguro... hindi ko alam actually... naguguluhan na nga ko tol!

"Bakit? Kwento mo, ano ba talagang nangyari?"

So RJ briefly narrated what transpired yesterday. That he went to chance upon Nicki outside their campus. Then he saw her but didn't get to talk to her because of her ex-boyfriend, or boyfriend maybe. He didn't know if they're already back together. The guy fetch her so he had no choice but to turn around and walk away when he saw them. Then he went to this coffee shop for their meeting. And that's where he saw her again. Without the guy. He told them how he followed and stopped the car, then finally got to see her upclose again. He said sorry and wanted to talk but she seemed in a hurry for her training while he still had to finish their report. So he asked for her number instead before he let her go.

"Ayun naman pala, may number ka na. Kaya ka ba nakatunganga sa phone mo dahil naghihintay ka ng reply?"

He nodded.

"Let me guess, hindi nagrereply noh?"

He nodded again.

"Naku tol, baka galit nga sayo." Jerome concluded.

"Galit agad? Baka naman nasa klase tol.. kagabi ba nagkatext na kayo?" Kristoff asked further, trying not to jump to any conclusion.

Yun nga eh. Magtetext na ko dapat, kaso nakatulog ako kakaisip anong sasabihin. Tapos kanina paggcng ko nasend pala yung text ko kagabi ng di sadya. Tapos ampanget pa kamo nung pagkaputol ng message. Hays! Kaya siguro di na nagreply eh.

"Bakit kuya? Ano bang naisend mo?"

He unlocked his phone and showed it to them. The three burst out in laughter when they read the message.

Salamat, guys. Sige pagtawanan nyo pa ko. Nakakatulong kayo eh noh?

"Ito naman, seryoso masyado. Nakakatawa naman kasi talaga tol! Baka isipin ni Nicki atat ka! Hahaha. Kaya siguro di nagreply eh."

Paanong di seseryoso eh hindi na nga ko nirereplyan?! Di ko na talaga alam anong gagawin ko eh.

"Kuya RJ, patience! Magtiyaga ka lang, tingin ko magrereply din yan. Ngayon ka pa ba susuko eh andyan na siya. Nahanap mo na oh?"

"Oo nga tol! Pag may tiyaga, may nilaga! Hahaha! Wag kang sumuko! Rereplyan ka rin nyan. Text mo na ulit ngayon, sabihin mo lunch na. Kumain ng mabuti. Ganyan..."

"Right, dude! Tapos pag di pa rin nagreply, may chance ka pa naman bukas sa tune-up game. Magpapatulong tayo sa kaibigan niya. Diba player din yun?"

Hay. Sana nga matulungan tayo ni Sheena bukas kung sakali. Sige eto na tetext ko na ulit. Never say never. Para kay Nicki!

****************

The rest of their morning classes went by but Sheena couldn't help but notice how Nicki was having a hard time listening to the lectures. She kept on looking inside her bag. It seemed like she's checking her phone every now and then.

They are currently in a small restaurant just outside the campus, waiting for their orders to be served, when Sheena began to pry on what happened. She knew Nicki wouldn't talk so she started it.

"So???"

What?

"Anong what?! I'm waiting for the details, Nics! Kala mo di ko napansin na aligaga ka kakacheck ng phone mo? C'mon! Spill!"

Gahd! Relax lang besh!
Eto na, magkukwento na...

"Go on!"

Last night, i thought about what you said about me still having feelings for him.

"Tapos?"

Inisip ko mabuti kung bakit naiinis ako.
Kung ano ba tong nararamdaman ko. Gahd! Hindi ako halos nakatulog ng maayos kakaisip kasi his actions and his words really confuse me. Then I received a message from him. Nung nabasa ko, nadisappoint ako pero nangibabaw yung inis eh. Lalo kong nainis sa kanya. Imagine, no communication for like two months or so then all of a sudden tatanungin niya ko kung pwede na ba kami?! Kapal ng mukha eh!

"Whaaaat?! Sinabi niya yun? Baka naman mali ka lang ng intindi besh."

Well, I'm not kidding! Yun talaga yung message niya. See for yourself, besh...

She pulled out her phone and let Sheena read his message. Just then, their orders came so they started to eat while chatting.

"Nagkamali lang naman pala ng text last night. Nagsorry na rin. Bat di mo pa nirereplyan?"

I'm not buying it. It's just an excuse kasi naramdaman niya di ako nagreply last night.

"Eto namang beshie ko napakapabebe. Paano kayo makakapag-usap aber kung di mo rereplyan?"

You don't get it, Sheens! Naiinis pa ko, ok? Hindi mo alam kung anu-anong pumasok sa isip ko last night when his message came. Naisip ko na baka kaya ganun yung text niya because he thinks I'm an easy target. Ang dali niya kong nakuha when we were in Bora. So posible diba?

"Yep, posible nga pero let's not forget na hindi pa natin alam yung totoo. Lahat ng iniisip natin kung bat di na siya nagparamdam e based on assumptions lang. Nag-explain naman na siya about the text, na hindi intentional. So bakit hindi pa rin natin replyan? How would you know the truth if hindi mo kakausapin? Tsaka nagpromise ka sa'kin remember? Kakausapin mo siya if and when it comes to that. Naalala mo?"

Yes, i remember. Pero ang hirap kasi maniwala sa kanya eh. What if he really thinks of me that way kaya ganyan?

"Well if he does, then so be it. Malalaman naman niya na hindi ka easy to get if and when he decided to pursue you. Eh di saka mo na pahirapan kung ligawan ka niya. Pero let's not get ahead of ourselves muna, okay besh? For now, he wants to talk. I think you both deserve naman to talk. He deserves to explain his side as you deserve to know the truth. Again, for your own peace of mind."

When did you become so smart, Sheens?

"Hoy gagang toh! Smart talaga ko noh?! Ikaw!Kumain na nga tayo. Orderan mo ko ng extra rice besh, ginutom mo ako sa pag-explain. Samahan mo na din ng soda ha para refreshing. Hihi! Kailangan na magregenerate ng braincells ko. Dali na!"

Gahd! Eto na, oorder na ko!
Juskuka! Ang takaw mo talaga!

While Nicki was in line to buy extra rice and soda, her phone lit up and Sheena saw another message from RJ. She was about to wait for Nicki but then decided to take some matters into her own hands. So she checked to see if Nicki wasn't looking. When she saw her already talking to the cashier, she immediately snatched her phone and typed in a quick reply then put back the phone on the table.

"Sabi ko di na ako makikialam pero last na talaga toh. Sorry na universe! I know she won't do it so I'm doing her a favor instead. Konting push lang naman po. Wag kayo magalit. Hihi!"

RJ was truly suprised when his phone vibrates and he saw a message from Nicki. His frown suddenly turned into a wide grin as he tinkered on his phone. He sent a reply in an instant. And his friends continued to tease him as they finished their meals.

As soon as Nicki came back with a tray of sodas and extra rice, she saw her phone lit up. She looked closely and saw a new message notification from RJ but she didn't bother to open the message until Sheena called her out for it.

"Grabe ka naman besh, kala ko ba okay na. Hindi mo man lang ba babasahin yung text niya? Grabe ka magpabebe ha, highest levelsssss!!! Hindi ka naman ganyan kay Joaquin ah..."

Oo na, babasahin na. Ikaw, ang dami mong alam eh. If I know makikichismax ka lang eh noh?! She said while she unlocks her phone.

She was wide-eyed in shock and she immediately turned to her best friend. Sheena couldn't control her laughter anymore as she saw Nicki's reaction.

Sheeeeenaaa!!!! Ano toh?!
She quickly shoved her phone to
Sheena who was still grinning at her.

"Oh anong gagawin ko dyan besh?!"

What did you do? Bakit ka nagreply?

"Kasi nasa counter ka kanina nung nagtext, eh sabi mo nga smart ako diba? Alam ko naman kanina mo pa gustong itext eh. So ayan, i did you a favor na. Ako na nagreply sa kanya. Kawawa din naman kasi, kaninang kanina pa nagtetext sayo eh."

Ughhh! What favor?! Sinabi ko bang smart ka?! Gaaaahd! Binabawi ko naaaa! Anong gagawin ko ngayon nito e tinext mo na?!

"Huy! OA ka na besh! Sinimulan ko na nga eh. Segundahan mo na lang kasi."

Eh ayoko pa ngang itext. Naiinis pa ko.
Tsaka ano... nakakainis ka!

"Grabihan sa pagpapabebe ha! Ano pa bang problema?! Kala ko okay na? Kakausapin mo na diba?"

Eeeehh mamaya na nga kasi sanang gabi ako magrereply. Juskuka talaga! Baka mamaya kasama pa niya yung girl, mapahamak pa ko...

"Ayuuuuuun! Eh di lumabas din yung totoo. Selos lang yang inis mo na yan eh noh? Wag ka na magdeny Nics, huli ka na! Hahaha!"

What?! Ako nagseselos?! Noooo! Tsaka
I don't want him to think that I'm easy.

"Labas pa rin sa ilong yung NO mo... hihihi! Ikaw, OMG ka talaga! Tingin mo ba magtetext yan sayo si Mr.Sparks kung may kasamang babae yan? Malamang hindi diba? Tsaka paano ka namang naging easy to get sa text kong "Hi Jay!"? Sige nga..."

Ihhhh basta... nakakainis ka talaga!

"Sige na replyan mo na yan... kawawa din naman..."

Gahd! As if I have a choice...

"Precisely! Wala kang choice kundi magreply kaya go na..."

And that's how they started communicating. Thanks to Sheena for the little push. 😬

"See?! I told you, I'm doing you a favor. Grabe siya oh! Nakatext mo lang si Mr.Sparks di mo na ko pinansin. Aayaw ayaw ka pa kanina. Asus! Don't me, beshie, don't me! Hahahahaha!"

Uy hindi ah. Sinasagot ko lang naman siya.

"Homaygahd! Sinagot mo na agad? What happened to "I don't want him to think I'm easy?" statement mo?

Whaaaat?! No! I meant yung mga questions niya sinasagot ko lang. OMG ka! Ayan tapos na, may class na siya.

"Aaaaaah... hindi mo kasi nilinaw eh. Hahahahaha!"

But just a few minutes later...

Nicki didn't know she was already smiling when she read the last message.

Sometime later, as Nicki pays attention on their discussion about Business Economics, she felt her phone vibrates in her bag. She subtly glanced and checked the message.

Homaygahd ka, RJ!

She almost fell down on her seat. She shook her head, grinning, as she put back the phone inside her bag and turned her attention back to the discussion. But Sheena leaned towards her.

"Beshie, anong sabi? Kinilig ka eh. Naobvious ko. Hihihi!" Sheena then whispered.

Che! Natawa ko, hindi ako kinilig.
She whispered back.

"Okay, if you say so." Sheena said as she sat back on her chair.

At around 5pm, while Sheena was teasing Nicki about RJ on their way to the parking lot, Joaquin appeared in front of them.

"Hi pretty girl! Hi Sheena!"

"Uy Joaqui! San ka nanggaling? Bigla bigla kang sumusulpot."

Hi!

"Kakatapos lang ng class ko eh. Tara, snack tayo, my treat." Joaqui asked them.

"Aba! Galante ha?! Mukhang nagpapa-impress ka sa beshie ko ah. Hahaha! Sure ka kasama ko dyan? Baka bet mong masolo." Sheena teased him.

"Kasama ka syempre. Nagpapalakas din ako sayo eh, para may back up pag pinayagan na niya ko ulit manligaw. Hehehe!"

Excuse me, guys! I'm just
here, I can hear you.

"Ano, tara?!" He looked at both girls.

"Let's go, Nics! Sige na Joaqui, go na yan. Saan ba?" Sheena answered as she wrapped her arm over Nicki's shoulder.

"Wala na kayong class diba? Sa Rob na lang para maraming choices?"

"Ok, gora na yan! Tara na!"

"Sakay na kayo sa'kin?"

I have my car.

"Yeah, Joaqui. Convoy na lang tayo. Kay Nicki ako sasabay syempre."

"Oks! Tara na!"

Joaqui went to his car as Nicki and Sheena got inside hers.

Ikaw, basta libre ang bilis mo eh.
She said as she inserted her car key
and switched on the ignition.

"Syempre! Sayang naman yun noh? Para di na ko kakain sa bahay pag-uwi. Beauty rest na lang. May tune-up game pa naman tayo bukas."

Sabagay, may—-
She was interrupted by her message alert tone. She rummaged through her bag to check the message.

"Hindi obvious yung excitement oh! Aligaga lang sa text, Nics?"

Ano ba? Baka important message or emergency. She retorted as she reads the text message.

"Talaga ba? Emergency yan?"

No, si RJ.
She answered as she typed in her reply.

"So what are you now? Textmates?!"

She didn't answer Sheena anymore as she started to drive to Robinsons Manila after she replied to RJ's message. Since Robinsons was just nearby, they arrived at the mall a few minutes later.

Sheena noticed that Nicki keeps on checking her phone. She didn't even checked on the menu and just settled with what they were having. When their food was served and they started to munch on it, she barely touched anything. She made an excuse that she was suddenly feeling bad and asked if she could go first. Sheena and Joaquin both disagreed, and instead finished their food on a whim. When the bill was settled, they said their goodbyes.

As soon as Nicki and Sheena were back in her car, Sheena voiced out what she's been meaning to ask Nicki since they arrived at the mall.

"So? Are you really feeling bad? May masakit ba sayo or it has something to do with someone we know?"

What are you talking about? Sumakit bigla yung ulo ko kaya nagyaya na kong umuwi.

"Yang tataa?!"

Yun nga. Yun nga lang talaga.

"You know you're bad at lying, Nics. Ano nga?"

Wala. Yun lang talaga. Wag ka na makulit, besh! Hatid na lang kita.

Are you sure it has nothing to do with some bedimpled guy who has a pretty nice smile and biceps that are just wow?! Seryoso, wala?!

Wala nga.

"Wag ako, Nicomaine! C'mon! Spill it! Walang uuwi hangga't di mo sinasabi ang totoo."

Gahd! Okay, fine, fine. You're right. Bigla kasing di na nagtext eh. After bombarding me with several messages the whole day, pagreply ko kanina sa text niya hindi na nagtext ulit. Nabother lang ako. Ayoko naman itext ulit.

"See?! Tama ako. Affected ka na, 1st day of texting pa lang yan ha. Ano bang last text niyo? Patingin?"

Nicki pulled out her phone from her bag and showed it to Sheena.

"Aysows! Maybe he thought nakipagdate ka kay Joaquin kaya di ka binabother. Or baka may class?"

Or maybe he's with that
girl in the coffee shop.

"Yown! Jellyace naman pala kaya bothered."

What? Anong jellyace?

"Jellyace. Jelly. Jealous. Selos. Ano pa bang gusto mong term? Hahaha!"

Me, jealous?! Hindi noh!

"Oh siya sige, hindi na kung hindi. Kung ako sayo wag kang OA. Nag-ooverthink ka na naman eh. Magtetext din yan for sure kasi di ka matitiis nyan."

You think so?

"No! I know so. Kaya wag ka ng jellyace dyan. Lika na!"

Yeah, you're right. Bakit ba ko nabobother? Eh di wag siya magtext kung ayaw na niya. Tara na nga.

The rest of their drive to Sheena's house in Pasay was an excruciating torture. It was a Friday night and cars didn't seem to be moving. Good thing Sheena didn't mention anything about RJ anymore and they talked about the tune-up game tomorrow. At least, for a while, Nicki's worries was taken out of her head. They arrived at Sheena's house a few minutes before 9pm. Since it's already late, Nicki just exchanged a quick pleasantries before she drove away in a haste.

It was on her way back, when she was stuck yet again in traffic, that she had some time to think again about RJ. She lost track of how many times she checked her phone, yet every time she looked at it, she's becoming more upset. And she couldn't shake the feeling even if she tried. She was already feeling exhausted when she reached her condo unit. Add to that the gnawing feeling of restlessness and anxiety because up until she came home, there were still no messages or so from RJ.

She was already lying in her bed, tired and ready to hit the sack. She stared at her phone and started to talk to her screen, ranting to her inbox, with their exchange of messages in her view.

Ano?! Hindi ka talaga magpaparamdam?
Kala ko ba gusto mo kong makausap? Mawawala ka na naman ba ulit? Okay lang naman, sanay nam—-

She almost dropped her phone to her face as she was interrupted when her phone vibrates with an incoming message. Then she smiled. And just like that, the feeling of exhaustion and anxiety were suddenly thrown out of the window. She rolled over, with her stomach flat on the bed as she used her elbows to support her upper body as she began to tinker on her phone.

Well, let's just say that she dozed off much later than she thought she would.😉

****************
A/N: Sooooo... nagchikahan pa kaya after?! Ano kayang nangyari kay RJ bakit late na nagtext ulit? At may paeme ang text niya noh?! Anyare sa playing hard to get ni Nics?! Change of mind na ba?! Tune-up game na kinabukasan kaya abangan natin yan!

This, by far, has been the longest chapter I've written. Sana hindi kayo nabore. Hihi! Thank you for reading!😘

Don't forget to vote and/or comment. I wanna hear your thoughts too.

Let me also take this time to greet our bibi girl too...

To one of my inspirations in writing,
Happy 3rd Showbiz Anniversary
Maine Mendoza!😍
Continue to spread your beautiful wings!🦋
Mwahmwah tsuptsup!
😘😘😘😘😘😘😘😘

Muchlove,
tinkybella16

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

781 50 11
This is the story about the Farmers daughter and a Millionaire daughter, nor they met when they was a children saving each other in the danger and Fa...
1.2M 24K 56
just for fun
11.5M 336K 68
X10 Series: Arthur Evangelista He dumped me at our own wedding. I left. I met HIM. And there came the SECRET. Do you want you to know about it? Let's...
229K 4.6K 53
"Here, Under the Stars... What if our paths crossed again?" Four years after her heart got broken, successful music producer and CEO, Magui Feola, we...