santana and brittany

cactustravis tarafından

santana, an in-closet lesbian, and brittany, an out of the closet bi-sexual, have a thing. a thing that is on... Daha Fazla

pilot
noah puckerman
santana the freshman
los padres y la abuela
friday night
monday night sleepover
tuesday date
lady sex !!
glee club and valentines day
quinn fabray
senior ditch day
late nights
family
sex tape
high school musical 3
secrets and distance
prom-a-saurus
chipotle
picnic
sick
nationals
graduation/goodbye
the months following
the quarterback
glee club brings everyone together
new york
nine month anniversary
brittany's 20th birthday
broadway
changes
building a glee club
proposal
wedding
author's note
honeymoon
one month
thanksgiving and babies
jake
sadness
happiness
original songs
rip lord tubbington
shining star
not alone and clevver news
quinn fabray pt. 2
a day of santana
this is goodbye
epilogue
the unpublished miscarriage

planning

2.8K 49 92
cactustravis tarafından

Brittany's Point of View

"Welcome to my bedroom." I say to Artie as he wheels his way in

"I've been in here before. We dated for, like, three months." He says as I take a seat on my bed

"Uh, I think I would have remembered if I dated a guy with glasses, okay?" I say and Artie purses his lips and nods, "I have a question. I would like to hire you to be Santana's and my wedding planner. For free."

"Wow," Artie says and I can't tell if he's being sarcastic, "I'm honored."

"Great."

"But why me?"

"Partially because it felt like you've had nothing to do all year. And also because you're a director. And I thought you could really help me bring my vision to life."

"Okay, pitch it to me."

"Okay," I say and I reach behind and pick my notebook up, "I made a list of all the things that remind me of Santana because I tho7g one of them could be a great theme."

"Okay," Artie nods, "What are they?"

I sigh, "Scissors."

"Uh-uh."

"Sweet lady kisses?"

"No."

"Tuna." I say and Lord Tubbington meows, "Lord Tubbington snuck that one in. Okay. Heaven."

"Wait," Artie opens his notebook and begins to scribble some things down, "Elaborate,"

I sigh, "Well, uh... when I'm with Santana, it just feels like I'm in Heaven, and...angel wings remind me of her."

Artie keeps nodding his head, "Okay, let's explore Heaven."

A musical number plays in my head with Artie and Blaine and I singing about showing love. It was all white and Artie was walking and Sam and Blaine were swinging on these swings. It was beautiful.

"I think Heaven may be the perfect theme for this wedding." Artie says

"Yeah, or not. Let's keep it on the list. I still think the underworld could be cool. Let's think about that."

It's September 10th and the wedding is in 8 days. Santana and I made a plan to do one thing each day. Today I'm planning the wedding with Artie and later Santana's coming over to write out the invitation list with me.

"Britt, I think that we can invite them, but I don't really think that Johnny Weir and Joan Baez are gonna come." Santana says with a smile on her face. We're sitting on my carpet, looking over the list of people I wrote down in crayon.

"Hmm. Between you and me, though, that lady was the best 'sexter' I've ever had." I say and Santana rolls her eyes

"Uh, why are you inviting my Abuela?"

"Because you won't, and she should be there." I say with a disappointed look on my face

"You know, when I was little, we used to play wedding all the time. She would give me her veil, and I would wrap her shawl around me like a dress, I would march down the aisle, and she would him the wedding march. And then she would ask me what guy I was gonna marry that day," Santana says sadly and I close my eyes, "My whole life, I've dreamt of my wedding with her sitting in the front row, bawling. And-and believe me, if I could get in her head and bring her into this century, I would, and I would forgive her and have her here. She's my Abuela, you know, like the lady with the big plates of rice and beans."

I chuckle, "Of course."

"But last I heard, she was on Facebook, posting about her diverticulitis, trolling for sympathy."

"See, it's even more important- - she's sick."

"No, Britt, she can't poop. And I don't think that's gonna kill her."

I roll my eyes, "Tell that to fat Elvis."

Santana laughs and looks down at her lap, "But, um...having her at my wedding means not marrying you. And I'd choose you over everyone."

"I choose you, too." I say before cupping her face and pulling in for a kiss

The rest of the time, Santana was really sad. She wouldn't admit to it, but I knew she was. Talking about her Abuela makes her really sad because that was her favorite person in the whole world- - second favorite person.

So, when Santana leaves to go go her mom's house for the night, I put on my nurse outfit that I had from Halloween a few years back and drive to her Abuela's house. I am going to get her to this wedding. I really hope she doesn't remember me. I mean, she's old and forgets to bathe, so how is she gonna remember a face from three years ago?

I ring the doorbell and wait a few seconds before she opens the door.

"Yes?" She asks and I smile

"Hi, um, Abuela Lopez?" I ask looking down at my clipboard, "I'm Brittany. The agency sent me. I'm your new nurse."

"Uh, what agency?" She asks, completely confused and not aware of who I am

"Uh, you know, is it okay if I just, like, go ahead and set up inside?"

"Uh."

"Yeah," I say pushing past her, "You look great, by the way. You could be Peter Pan, except in, like, a retirement home production sort of way. I know a guy."

"You look familiar." She says as she takes a seat next to me on her couch

"Nope," I say quickly and she shrugs her shoulders, "Let me place an order for your prescription," I say as I place my phone onto my ear. I have a fake conversation with Dr. Walgreens," Great. I'll pick up the new dosage in an hour. Thanks, Dr. Walgreens." I chuckle and place my phone down on my lap, "Now, should we talk about your stool?"

"I am sorry, uh, Brittany? Uh, I don't feel comfortable with having a stranger in my home. Or talking about my stool."

I clear my throat, "Entiendo completamente. Cuando era una niña pequeña en Puerto Rico, no confiaba en extraños." (I completely understand. When I was a little girl in Puerto Rico, I didn't trust strangers.)

"But I'm afraid I..."

"Oh, but I'm so sorry to interrupt, but, um, I never miss my telenovelas. You-you don't mind, do you?" I ask and Abuela smiles

"That Guys is a bastard." Abuela says as we sit on her couch and eat Mike and Ike's while watching the show

"He's still not wearing a shirt." I say

"Mmm, I see, yeah, " She chuckles and looks down at my ring, "Is your husband a good man?"

"Well, I'm only engaged."

She gasps, "Brittany. Oh, young love is a treasure. Is there fire and passion?"

I lean in close and smile, "I popped a hip once."

"Oh!" She laughs

"That makes a difference." I say and I join her in laughing

"You must tell me all about it. How you met, will you have any children, how soon will you have them, how many? I'm going to make us a huge pile of rice and beans."

"Actually," I say placing my hand on her shoulder so that she won't move, "I thought maybe, um...we could go out for some fresh air, maybe some...fondue?"

Queso por dos! Hey! Queso por dos! Es un plato caliente! Queso por dos!

"Hola. Welcome to Queso Por Dos, which I just sold to Univision. Tonight's special invitado, Señora Abuela Lopez. Thank you for leaving your musty hoarder home and taking three buses to get here."

"Ah," She says with her mouth full of fondue, "My mouth is burning."

"Oh, gracias. It's for a mean kick. Just like you," I look back at the camera and smile, "As America knows, I'm getting married in a week. So the only thing that's on my mind is weddings. Oh, and learning that Stephen Hawking is my dad. So tonight's show is all about weddings. And if there's time, Stephen Hawking. Question- - how did you meet your dead husband, Señor Lopez?"

"Ah, Hector Lopez and I, Alma Lopez, were childhood sweethearts. And then he went to Vietnam and died. Which was sad but wonderful because then I met Pedro Lopez, who ended up being the true love of my life."

"Oh, that is exactly like me and my fiancé, except for the Vietnam part," I gasp, "Speaking of American history, fun fact - - First Lady Eleanor Roosevelt had a best friend Lorena Hickok. They vacationed together, wrote over 3,000 letters to each other, and, legend has it, Eleanor kissed Lorena's picture every night before bed."

"Your cat is reading?"

"Oh, Abuela, planning a wedding can be so much work. Maybe my fiancé and I should just elope."

"Ah! If you do that, I'll skin you alive. When two souls unite as one, it is a day of celebration. You should be surrounded by your loved ones, especially tu familia. Friends come and go, but family is your blood, and they need to share in your joy."

"Beautifully said." I say, with a huge smile on my face because she said exactly what Santana needed to hear. I texted Santana and told her to watch tonight's episode because I was gonna be having a special guest.

*

The next day, in the hallway, all of my Hispanic viewers circle around me for pictures and autographs.

"Excuse me, excuse me," Santana says pushing past all of them, "What are you doing?"

"I'm meeting my Latino fans. Univision picked Queso Por Dos for two more seasons." I say and they all cheer but Santana just rolls her eyes

"Okay, you know what, we need to talk. Right now. Afuera. Go on." She says shooting them away

"Thanks, guys," I say as they all walk away, "Don't be mad at me."

"Why do you think it's okay to go behind my back and be friends with someone who would rather see me dead than in love with another woman?" She asks, completely pissed. She's never been this mad at me because all of this anger usually goes towards Rachel and I don't know what to do.

"You came out to her ten years ago, okay? Times have changed."

"It was three years ago, and nothing has changed for her and it never will. And believe me, it's not just the homos that she has a problem with, because it took that bitch 50 years to talk to a black person, and it was her mailman, and then she accused him of stealing her Christmas cards."

"Well, did he?"

"No."

"Look, either Mr, Shue or Rosie O'Donnell once said people are afraid of what they don't know. Okay, I used to be afraid of Greek yogurt, and then once I added a box of sugar, it kind of grew on me," Santana bites her bottom lip and looks down at the floor, "Maybe it's our job as young, hot progressives to educate older, scary farts. I mean, gets to know us and see that we're somewhat normal, like how I sometimes dance in my sleep and how you sometimes dye your hair blonde for no reason, then she'll see us for who we really are, okay? And then maybe she'll understand that, um, aside from the awesome lesbian sex part, that we're- we're just like everybody else. We at least have to try, right?"

"Okay." Santana says with a small smile

"Do you want a signed picture?" I ask, already writing one out to her, "I'm sure you do."

"Please?" She laughs, "We should, um, print up our wedding menus on the back of that."

"Yay! Queso Por Dos." I say and the both of us laugh

I hand her the picture and she looks at it with a smile on her face, "Did I ever tell you that I love you?"

"Tell me again." I whisper

She leans in, "I love you."

"I love you."

She pulls me in for a quick kiss and then a hug.

*

"What are we doing here?" Abuela asks as I walk her into the auditorium, "Uh, does your fiancé work here?"

"No."

"Am I going to get to meet him?"

"No, this is a surprise, okay? Trust me, it's...you're gonna love it."

We sit in the chairs and the curtains open, revealing Santana in a long red dress.

Santana:
What's it all about, Alfie?
Is it just for the moment we live?
What's it all about when you sort it out, Alfie?
Are we meant to take more than we give?
Or are we meant to be kind?

And if only fools are kind, Alfie
Then I guess it is wise to be cruel
And if life belongs only to the strong, Alfie
What will you lend on an old golden rule?

I take my robe off leaving me in a black dress and join the New Directions on stage.

Santana with Alumni and New Directions vocalizing:
As sure as I believe there's a heaven above, Alfie
I know there's something much more
Something even non-believers can believe in

Santana (Alumni and New Directions):
I believe in love, Aflie (Alfie)
Without true love we just exist, Alfie

Santana with Alumni and New Directions vocalizing:
Until you find the love you've missed you're nothing

Santana with New Directions and Alumni:
Alfie

Santana (Alumni and New Directions):
When you walk let your heart lead the way
And you'll find love any day, Alfie (Alfie)
Alfie

I walk up to Santana and loop my arm around hers and intertwine our fingers. I kiss her on the cheek before walking away to help her Abuela up the steps. Everyone but the three of us leave.

"Hi, Abuela." Santana says, her voice so soft

"Hi."

"You look really good. Did you lose some weight?"

"Diverticulitis," she answers and Santana nods her head, "So you two know each other?"

"Um, yeah. Well, uh...remember when I was talking about my wedding?" I ask while playing with my fingers

"Mm-hmm."

"Uh...So Santana's my fiancé."

Her eyes widen, "How could I forget. You were there the night she came out and messed everything up. So you come into my home, treat me with kindness, lure me here and trick me into seeing my granddaughter and hear her sing?"

"Yes, because... I love Santana with everything, and I would do anything for Santana, okay? Even tricking a sick old woman."

"You taught me to be a strong Latina woman. To be bigger than the world was ever gonna give me permission to be. And I have. You- you taught me not to just exist, because I'm worth so much more than that. And without Britt, I just...exist. She's the love of my life, and I'm going to marry her, and- and I want to share that with you, because...without your love, I- I think I just exist, too."

"Please, please just come to the wedding." I beg

"No. Right is right, I love you, Santana, but I don't love your sin." Abuela says and I close my eyes, "Girls marry boys, not other girls."

"So you're really not coming?" Santana asks, her voice low and sad

"No. I'm sorry to disappoint you, but you disappointed me first." She says before turning around to walk away

"Good," I say, moving over to Santana's side, "I'm glad you're not coming. You know, the New York Times said, um, half the increase in support of gay marriage is due to generational turnover. That's what smart people call crazy uptight bitches dying," I let out a deep breath and shake my head, "You guys lost, okay? And honestly the rest of us are just...going about our business, being normal and waiting for you not to be around- - and not because you can stop us from getting married, but just because you're kind of annoying."

"You let her talk to me like this?" She asks Santana

Santana intertwines our fingers, "Take a look. Because this...this is what real love looks like. And I love you so much. But Britt is my family now, and if having her in my family means not having you, then... that's a trade I'll take any day."

We watch as she walks down the steps and out of the auditorium. I look at Santana and she lays her head on my shoulder and holds onto my arm tight.

"Ready to go?" I ask her after a few minutes of standing in center stage. Santana picks her head up and nods. We hold each others hand as we walk through the hallways and out of the school and to the car. The car ride was silent with just Santana looking out the window and me driving the car.

When we get into my bedroom, we change into more comfortable clothing and Santana gets under the covers. I get in and her back is facing me.

"Hey," I whisper in her ear, "Wanna talk about it?"

"No, Britt. I just want you to hold me."

"Can I give you a kiss first?"

"Please." Santana says and she looks back and I kiss her soft lips She looks forward again and I pull her against my chest.

FIVE DAYS TILL THE WEDDING

Santana and I walk through the halls and towards the auditorium, where everyone wants to see us. I look at her and see Santana with a hard look on her face. She hasn't really been the same since she saw her grandma. She's quiet and you have to ask for her attention.

"What are you thinking about?" I ask and she looks at me

"Abuela," She says sadly, "And how I should be mad at her, but I just feel sad for her. What are you thinking about?"

I shake my head, "Debra Messing and hypercubes, but also Abuela. God, I shouldn't have said all those nasty things to her. It was..."

"Wait," Santana says cutting me off. She stops us in the middle of the hall and I sigh, "Now, listen, I'm really, really proud of how you stood up for me. You're my lady knight in shining armor," she says and I giggle, "And I, um, I just wanted to believe that people could really change. And I wanted her to say that she accepts me. But I have a lot of love in my life already. A lot. A lot, a lot."

I place my hand on my chest, "Me."

Santana laughs, "Yeah. You. Now let's go humor a bunch of tone-deaf losers by acting surprise when we walk into the auditorium." Santana says as she links our arms together

"Deal."

"May I escort you to your seats?" The gay football player asks when we walk through the curtains

"Mmm, you may." I say and I link my arm with his

"Hello." Santana says to Jane

"Good evening." The chubby kid says as we walk past him

"So fancy." I whisper fo Santana

"I know." She says back

"These are your seats ladies." He says

"Oh, thank you." I say

"Thanks." Santana says as we take a seat

"Welcome, guests of honor," Artie says as he wheels his way inter the center, "Now, as your wedding planner, I need to warn you about a major crisis regarding the wedding reception. Since Santana's grandmother is no longer attending- - such a shame- - there is now an empty seat at the Lopez family table. And I don't know what to do about it. The problem isn't removing a chair; the problem is adding chairs, because several other members of Santana's family want that spot." Artie says and Rachel and Blaine and the crew walk onto the stage

"Family are the people who embrace you with open arms no matter what." Kurt says

"They can see the pain in your eyes even when you're fooling everyone else." Blaine says

"Family's about laughing louder, smiling bigger and living better." Shue says

"Family's like fudge. Mostly sweet, with a couple of nuts." Sam says and I laugh

"And although we're not related by blood, we are bonded by something stronger: love." Mercedes says

"And If might be a little presumptuous, but we would like to be in your wedding party." Rachel says

"And the new kids and I would be honored to cater, pass out programs and release the doves, there had better be doves." Kitty says

"Oh, there will be." Artie says

"Santana and Brittany, we love you." Mercedes says

Okumaya devam et

Bunları da Beğeneceksin

40.2K 1.1K 23
(COMPLETED) Santana Lopez is now a senior at McKinley High and has her whole life ahead of her. While waiting for her friends Tina, Mercedes and Rach...
15.3K 522 35
They were once high school sweethearts. Santana was the heir to a highly successful worldwide corporation until one day a tragic accident meant she w...
6.2K 127 19
11th graders, Brittany S. Pierce and Santana Lopez are sworn enemies. Neither remember why. But then they are forced to spend time together after sch...
14.5K 269 23
A Brittana fanfic set around s2-3. Santana and Brittany have been best friends for years, and that's all anyone sees them as. Until Santana starts to...