Race Against Time - Percy Jac...

By OcEaNm4n

Percy Jackson was just a kid when his mother died. His mother, Sally Jackson was murdered right in front of h... More

Chapter One
Chapter Two
Chapter Three
Chapter Four
Chapter Five
Chapter Six
Chapter Seven
Chapter Eight
Chapter Nine
Chapter Ten
Chapter Eleven
Chapter Twelve
Chapter Thirteen
Chapter Fourteen
Chapter Fifteen
Chapter Sixteen
Chapter Seventeen
Chapter Nineteen
Chapter Twenty
Completed
Questions?

Chapter Eighteen

1.7K 43 9
By OcEaNm4n

-Chapter Eighteen-

Percy's body was unmoving, his eyes trained onto the table in front of him. His face was blank, his movements were nonexistent. If not for the slow rising and falling of his chest, any normal person would assume that he was dead. But he wasn't. He was alive. Close to death, but still alive nonetheless.

The eldest son of time stared at the table, his mind locked in concentration and thought. There was nothing particularly interesting about the table. It was merely a spot that his eyes decided to train themselves on for whatever reason. His mind was both clouded and in chaos. He knew they had to go out again and takedown more titans. He just wished he could stay in place and never move, forever ignorant of the death that was approaching him. 

He shook his head, looking at his watch. He only had a day left until he would eventually succumb to the strain. They had to act fast and with decisiveness. His eyes trained themselves not on his death counter, but on the actual time. He sighed, dusk inching closer and closer.

He sighed and stood from his chair, stretching his sore limbs. His body ached from overexertion. But he had to push through with whatever remaining strength in him.

"You ready?" his brother asked, giving Percy a raised eyebrow. The eldest son of time merely shrugged, grabbing the scabbard that was lazily placed onto the table. He clutched Firestorm in his other hand and sheathed it, turning to Yorath with a thumbs up.

---

Percy was following the compass silently when the two stopped in their tracks, feeling the presence of the divine. The two shared a look of cautiousness, slowly pocketing their compasses and preparing themselves for a fight. 

The silhouette of a person walking out of the alleyway, patrolling the city for any rebellious human that might be sneaking around the city past curfew. The titan of the sun stepped into the light, staring at the two brothers with a raised eyebrow.

His eyes were a fiery yellow, his whole aura radiating power and divinity. The titan of time wore a simple yellow shirt with pants and combat boots. The two would've assumed he was a mortal from the way he dressed, if not for the literal flaming eyes being a dead giveaway.

"You must be pretty brave strolling around the city at these times." Helios remarked, a deadly edge in his voice. The two stepped back as the titan of time walked forward with a stride, an air of bravado and confidence radiating from him.

"Oh? Those are weapons? Going to try and challenge me I presume?" the titan of the sun guessed as the two brothers kept their eyes locked onto the titan.

"Be my guest!" He laughed out, a sword appearing in his hand. "Many have tried, and failed."

The titan of the sun circled the two brothers, a sickly smirk on his face. "Heroes, demigods, gods themselves have tried. What makes you different?" 

The titan of the sun launched himself forward sword in hand, making a flurry of slashes, each one intending to end it all. The two brothers were better than that, they avoided it and reassessed the situation, trying to find a chink in his armour, a weakness that they could exploit.

The titan of the sun raised his sword and brought it down in one fatal strike, an intense heat surging forward to the two brothers. Percy reacted quickly and rolled out of the way. Yorath didn't have time to dodge and raised his arms in a sort of defiance. He met the intense heat head-on as blisters formed and burn marks appeared on his forearm. Yorath gasped in pain, dropping onto the ground with a thud.

Percy widened his eyes and rushed towards Yorath, trying to check if he is alright.

"Only a few minutes in and one of you is already wounded." the titan of the sun twirled the sword in his hand, looking at the two with an amused expression.

"Yorath." he called out in a hushed tone, laying beside his brother with a worried face. 

Percy rummaged through his pocket, grabbing a small piece of ambrosia and force-feeding it to his groaning brother. "Eat this. I'll stall for time."

The eldest son of time stood up, Firestorm in hand, looking at Helios with a glare that could kill.

"Still willing to fight?" mocked the titan of the sun. 

"I was honestly willing to let you go. Mortals can be foolish sometimes, heck I was too when I was your age." Helios pondered, looking at the two. "But it seems you are committed to trying to kill me. Your funeral."

The two rushed forward, exchanging blow after blow. It seemed like the two were evenly matched. As one sent a strike, the other would parry and counter attack, like a never-ending loop. 

Helios slashed at Percy, the son of time raising his sword and parrying the attack. The two blades collided as the hiss of metal rung throughout the area. The two pushed against each other, trying to get the upper hand. Percy through gritted teeth clutched his sword and pushed back, surprising the titan of the son.

It seemed like Percy was starting to get a lead. 

That was until a singular cough. One cough was all that it needed. His sword hand weakened as the titan of time took this opportunity and rushed the eldest son of time with a hilt to the ribs. Percy staggered back, looking at the titan of the sun with a glare.

"Your perseverance is quite impressive, I must admit." he commended, clutching his sword.

"However I'm done playing. I still have places to be." he sighed out, clutching his sword as the area radiated with power.

Helios rushed forward, sending powerful and heavy strikes against the son of time. He dodged and dodged, he couldn't even try to parry or block. The absolute force of the strikes would send him straight to the ground. 

Percy gasped out as he rolled out of the way, barely avoiding a strike that cracked the pavement next to him. 

He stared at Helios, his breath ragged and irregular. He was starting to tire, his movements which were starting to go sluggish was an indication of that.

"Hey!" Yorath called out. Helios turned to Yorath with a raised eyebrow, confusion on his face.

Yorath who was now fully healed was standing with his left hand in the air, Krios' compass clutched firmly, making sure that Helios knew what he was holding. The power stopped abruptly as he stared at the compass with wide eyes.

"How did you-" he stammered out as the pieced slowly clicked. 

Percy surged forward, raising Firestorm and plunging it straight onto the titan's heart. He gasped as the life slowly started to leave his eyes. The air of confidence which was once prominent was now non-existent.

His body slowly started to disappear, turning into a burst of heat, leaving an orange compass in its wake. 

The two brothers sighed in relief, turning at the compass with a sigh.

"Quick thinking." Percy complimented in between pants, leaning forward and grabbing the orange compass from the ground.

"How're your burns?" he asked, pocketing the orange compass and turning towards Yorath.

He turned to his forearm, examining it like an artist assessing his work. He shrugged out. "Relatively healed, a bit sore and tender on my forearm, but it's better than third-degree burns." 

"So who's next on the list?" Yorath asked, turning to the compass in his hands.

"The three titans that I don't, for the life me, want to fight," Percy admitted, pulling out Hyperion's compass as the name slowly started to change.

"Which titans are left anyway?" 

"Iapetus, Atlas, and Koios." 

"Well fuck." Yorath cursed.

"Who do you want to try and fight first?" 

Yorath grimaced, trying to decide who they'd have to luck out next. "Iapetus."

---

The two stopped at an abandoned warehouse, sharing a look of caution and worry. It was very much where the titan of pain was residing. Percy couldn't help the feeling of nervousness and anxiety creep upon him as he stared at the warehouse in front of him. It was like a signature villainous lair. Although this time it was very much real and all the more villainous and dangerous.

"This is going to be a stretch." Percy unsheathed his sword and stepped forward, pocketing his compass with his other free hand. Yorath followed soon after, his compass was pocketed all the same with his yo-yo out, both of his hands-free to battle. 

The two brothers entered, their eyes being met with complete darkness. The two couldn't see anything. It was pitch black.

"So. You have come to kill me next?" a voice called out from the darkness, making the two brothers jump in surprise. The two shared a look, going back to back just in case they needed to cover for each other.

Light filled the warehouse, the previously darkness-filled interior was bathed in a warm yellow light. Percy eyed the titan who was standing in front of them, no weapon on hand.

"I presume you dealt with some of my brothers to be able to track me?" Iapetus asked, walking around the warehouse, grabbing a small bottle of water.

"And what if we did?" Percy asked, his sword still drawn.

The titan of pain took a small leisurely sip from his bottle and set it down back onto the table beside him. "Just asking. Not holding a grudge against you."

The two brothers once again shared a look, confusion evident in their eyes. Percy's mind was thinking of multiple scenarios on why the titan of pain was so - normal.

"I'm guessing I'm next in the list huh?" said Iapetus, eyeing the two brothers in their spot.

Yorath scoffed, staring at the titan of pain warily. "Well we're here, aren't we? Connect the dots." 

Iapetus nodded, clicking his tongue in disapproval. "I see, I see."

"But what about after?" said the titan of pain, pacing around the warehouse.

"What about it?" Percy asked, cautiously taking a step back, sword still drawn.

"Let's say, before you try and kill me." he said raising a hypothetical, placing a thoughtful hand on his chin."Which one of my brothers are left?" 

The two shared worried glances, debating whether or not to tell him.

"I deserve to know at least that. They are my brothers after all. If I die this battle, consider it a parting gift so to speak." he reasoned, leaning on a table awaiting their answer.

"You, Atlas, Koios, and Kro-"

"You know about Kronos? Interesting." he nodded in approval. "Interesting indeed."

"So there's us four left, let's say you do manage to defeat and kill me." Iapetus explained in a thoughtful voice.

"What of the other three?" 

"And what about them?" asked the eldest son of time.

"You've made it this far. What do you think Atlas is a titan of?" Iapetus hinted as the two stared at him with caution.

"Look. I can make this easier for you." Iapetus offered, stretching out his hand. Power and energy started to gather at the palm of his hand, a small but powerful light grey compass appearing on his palm.

"I may not be much help with Koios, or Kronos. But I can make your job easier with Atlas. You'd need one hell of a weapon to knock him down for good. Your weapons are powerful, for sure. But even then you'd have a hard time killing him" said the titan, compass in hand.

"What's in it for you? Aren't these your brothers?" asked Percy.

Iapetus sighed a brief sadness and regret looming over his eyes. "Look, kid. I've done multiple things that I am not proud of over the millennia because of them."

"But why us? Why help us and risk getting executed if we fail?" asked the eldest son of time, genuinely curious at the titan of pains motives.

Iapetus materialized a sword from his other hand and slashed. The two stepped back expecting to get sliced straight in half.

Instead, the wall behind them slowly disappeared, revealing a secret room that housed multiple papers lined across the wall, strategies, and assassination plans that were about eliminating the other titans.

"I have already been planning it for centuries. If I fail, or if you do. Dying is a better reprieve than an eternity of regret." said the titan with a sigh.

"You already defeated Hyperion, Krios, and Helios. Not one hero nor god managed to even wound them. Much less kill them. I'll remain optimistic that you two can actually pull through."

Percy eyed the titan, trying to think of an answer. "What's in it for you?"

Iapetus shrugged, placing the compass onto the table. "A peaceful life. No tyrannical rulers. The sky would return to normal."

"Who knows?" Iapetus shrugged, stretching his wrist. "If the situation wills it, might settle down, have a family, heck maybe even give up my immortality!"

"Point is, I'm willing to help." said the titan with a sigh. "So, what say you? Oh great titan slayers?"

The two brothers stared at each other, thinking about their decision. No words were spoken, merely looks and gestures. It wasn't long until the two decided what their plan of action would be.

---

The two traversed onwards, staring at their compasses to make sure they were on the right path. 

"You think it was the right decision?" asked Yorath, walking beside Percy with a yo-yo on hand.

"I have no idea. There's an equal amount of this absolutely failing and we get curb stomped, or we succeed then proceed to try and battle Koios, then Kronos." Percy admitted with a sigh, his eyes not even looking up from the compass.

"Isn't Atlas the guy that holds up the sky?" Yorath asked, playing with his yo-yo to calm down his nerves.

"He is in ours. The same cannot be said for this iteration of him." Percy clutched his sword, pocketing his compass in a hurry.

"Speak of the devil." he muttered in a hushed tone.

The titan of endurance met the two brothers head-on. The two opposing sides looked at each other, trying to assess what was the weakness of the opposing side.

"I've heard you've been causing quite a ruckus." He said, clutching a battle hammer on his hand.

"You've managed to make it through four of my brothers. Even got past Iapetus which surprised me the most." admitted the titan, leaning against his hammer nonchalantly. "D'you really think you can get past me?"

"Guess we'll have to find out won't we." Percy muttered underneath his breath. The two opposing sides clutched their respective weapons in preparation, ready to strike at any given notice.

"Mind if I ask something?" Atlas raised an eyebrow, readying his hammer. "What're you going around killing me and my kind for?" 

"None of your business." the eldest son of time growled. Atlas laughed wholeheartedly, raising his hammer and pointing it towards Percy. The battle hammer itself was as long as a spear with the hammerhead being incredibly heavy, yet the titan managed to wield it like it was a feather.

"Feisty." he smirked. "Well, let's get this over with."

The titan brought his hammer down, cracking the pavement below them. The two brothers dashed out of the way, avoiding the attack rather easily. The two were once again split up, their advantage of strength in numbers being shafted almost instantly.

Atlas rushed towards Percy, a look of fear appearing on his face as a titan came barreling towards him like a truck. Except this truck was for sure going to hit harder than a regular one. Percy rolled to the side, narrowly avoiding his head being pounded across the pavement.

Yorath readied his yo-yo and threw it forward, the weapon wrapping around the titan's calf. He tugged on the string with all his might, trying to bring the hulking mass of a titan down. All it did was slightly annoy the titan of endurance.

"That won't work on me." He smiled, grabbing his hammer and bringing it down onto the pavement. The ground started to shake violently as a tremor forced the two brothers off balance, sending Percy tumbling to the ground. 

Atlas walked forward, being unaffected by the sudden earthquake. The ground kept quaking as the titan approached Percy with a hammer in hand. Percy tried to stand up and grab his sword. Yet all he could do was land face-first back onto the ground. 

Atlas raised his hammer for another downward strike, aiming to squash Percy into the pavement like a mosquito. He caught onto this and rolled out of the way, the hammer came barreling onto the pavement, creating a sizable crack. The earthquake stopped, giving the two some much-needed breathing time.

Percy was quick on his feet and rolled to the side, grabbing Firestorm and plunging it straight onto Atlas' calf. Yet all it did was create a relatively minor cut that didn't even faze the titan. Percy gulped and jumped out of the way, narrowly avoiding a hammer to the chest.

"This is not going the way I intended but alright." Percy coughed out, clutching Firestorm in his hand.

"You think? This is definitely not going the way we anticipated." Yorath retorted as Atlas charged in, tackling Yorath to the ground. He grunted in pain with Atlas on top of him, ready to smash down his hammer in one giant swing. Ending his life with one brutal and bloody attack.

Percy was quick to act, igniting Firestorm and making numerous cuts across the titans back. He reeled back in surprise, feeling the greek fire burn his back. Even though the flurry of slashes with Firestorm that was activated was enough to deal with most titans, the titan of endurance merely winced and shrugged it off. 

"I got to admit, that hurt." he commended, clutching his hammer.

"Not enough to kill me though."

Atlas came barreling towards Percy at frightening speeds, his tackle sending Percy back. The son of time grunted in pain as Atlas approached him with frightening speeds. He shook his head and stood back up, trying to not die in the process.

Atlas raised his sword, anticipating where Percy was going to dodge. The son of time widened his eyes, raising his sword to try and block. The hammer came crashing down as Firestorm was flung across the pavement, effectively disarming Percy.

The titan of endurance smirked, hammer in hand ready to finish the job.

The titan gasped in pain, dropping to the ground with a thud, his body convulsing violently. "What- I thought you were dead!"

Iapetus arrived, his hand glowing a faint silver. The titan of endurance had his eyes closed, his body convulsing in pain.

"Why are you doing this!" Atlas screamed out, trying to rid himself of the pain in his body. He may have been the titan of endurance, but even he was subject to pain and mortality.

"You know what you did." Iapetus scoffed balling his fists as the titan of endurance let out another howl of pain.

"You and the rest of them. You lied about the gods. You lied about your intentions. You used me." Iapetus spat out, balling up his fists even more as the titan gasped in pain and agony.

Iapetus turned to Percy with a stern look. "Finish it."

He nodded and walked towards Firestorm rather slowly. He was in no rush. He wanted to make it as painful as possible for the titan of endurance. 

He walked over to the titan, moving on top of him with Firestorm positioned right above his chest. Percy turned towards Iapetus with a look of confirmation. The titan nodded, his fists still balled up. He could have sworn that blood was starting to leak from his palm.

He shook his head and reignited Firestorm. The sword shone bright with a green flame, ready to claim whatever victim unlucky enough to meet its touch. Percy clutched Firestorm with both hands at the hilt and with all his might plunged it deep into the titan of endurance's chest.

He gasped in pain, giving one last shriek until his body started to go limp. Even with Firestorm embedded onto his chest, the fire didn't even manage to catch on. His body merely disappeared in a flash of light, leaving behind another compass for them to collect.

"Finally." he said exhausted.

---

"You can't defeat me!" Koios laughed out as Percy rushed forward, sending a flurry of strikes towards the titan of farsight. He merely swerved to the left, avoiding each one of the attacks with ease. Yorath sent his yo-yo, trying to hit the titan on the head. He raised his arm, catching the yo-yo midair and yanked on the string, sending Yorath flying towards him.

He cackled, grabbing Yorath at his neck and raising him up, strangling him with his might. "What can you mortals do to a being who knows what will happen before it happens."

Percy widened his eyes and rushed forward, raising his sword for once slash. The titan let go, sidestepping and avoiding the slash with ease.

"This is mere child's play." He mocked, kicking Percy to his feet and sending him to a knee. The titan didn't even have a weapon and was making quick work of the two.

"The moment I heard the rumour that someone was wiping out the titans. I already thought of multiple scenarios on how this fight will go. None of them involves you winning." He boasted kicking Percy in the chest sending him flying. The titan had no need for a weapon. He believed he didn't need a weapon to fight.

He wasn't wrong however. The two were having a hard time facing off against the titan of farsight.

"Accept your death." He reasoned. "You cannot even land a hit, much less injure me. Killing me would straight up be impossible.

The two brothers gritted their teeth, looking at the titan with a glare.

"You will pay for what you di-" his speech started to slur. The once arrogant titan was speaking at a snail's pace, as the two smirked at each other. Percy rushed forward and readied his sword, plunging it at the titan's chest.

Time resumed back to normal as Yorath tried to conserve as much energy as possible.

"-d to my brothers." he finished as his eyes slowly started to widen. He looked at the two with a look of shock and fear.

"You have his power?!" he asked with wide eyes as Percy twisted the blade deep into the titan's chest. Percy leaned in whispering in the titan's ear.

"It's the reverse darling."

Percy finished the job as he pulled out the signature sword with a sigh. The titan choked, landing on the ground with a thud. He tried clawing at the eldest son of times feet in agony as his body slowly started to turn transparent.

"I-" he choked out. "-did not foresee that."

Percy sighed, unsheathing Firestorm. The last titan left. And it was undoubtedly the strongest of them all.

Word Count
3900
Words

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

22.1K 933 34
♡ A Percabeth AU ♡ In this life time Percy is a prince that wants people to see him more than just a prince. He wants people to see him as himself. T...
60.1K 1.1K 39
Sally Jackson died when Percy was a young lad, coincidentally, he met someones that could help and change his life. Read this story to find out more...
99 0 21
Matt Jackson's life gets turned upside down when he learns that the Greek are not only real, but one of them is his dad! Matt learns that he is relat...
15.7K 433 1
This is just a little something I had saved back. So, while I try to figure out how to update my other stories, enjoy this. Percy Jackson goes throu...