All Friends On Board (The Sui...

بواسطة Fireleaves

Marley Moseby is the niece of the hotel manager Mr. Moseby and is best friends with Zack and Cody Martin and... المزيد

Disclaimer
Marley Moseby
Caleb Sullivan
Season 1
1. The Suite Life Sets Sail
2. Parrot Island
3. Broke N Yo-Yo
5. Show & Tell
6. International Dateline
7. It's All Greek to Me
8. Sea Monster Mash
9. Flowers and Chocolate
10. Boo You
11. seaHarmony
12. The Mommy and the Swami
13. Maddie On Deck
14. When In Rome...
15. Shipnotized
16. Mom and Dad on Deck
17. The Wrong Stuff
18. Splash and Trash
19. Mulch Ado About Nothing
20. Cruisin' for a Bruisin'
Season 2
21. The Spy Who Shoved Me
22. Ala-ka-scram!
23. In The Line of Duty
24. Kitchen Casanova
25. Smarticle Particles
26. Family Thais

4. The Kidney of the Sea

1.2K 13 1
بواسطة Fireleaves

London texted me one morning letting me know that her dog Ivana was coming on board. So I helped her set things up. I was glad Caleb helped me out since London gave me a crazy list of things. She even had the entire crew present on the Sky Deck with red, pink and white decorations and a bone shaped cake.

The crew was lined up like an important visitor was expected to arrive soon, like the U.S President. 

London was checking to make sure things were perfect, well for her own case.

"Straighten that collar!" she demanded one worker who did so, "Suck in that gut!" Another worker did as he was told, "Pop that zit!" The other ran off to the men's room to do so.

Uncle Marion arrived wondering what was going on and where the crew was at, "What is the entire crew doing up here as opposed to oh I don't know STEERING THE BOAT?!" he exclaimed.

That realization hit Captain Lunsford like a hit to the head and he ran back to steer the ship.

"We have a very important guest flying in on the Tipton helicopter," London informed him.

"You're father's coming?" my uncle asked gasping, "Why didn't anyone tell me? I would have had the foghorn retuned from that melancholic B-flat to a cheerful C."

"No, not my daddy, my doggy. Ivana's coming. Here hold this."

London handed Uncle Marion a bone-shaped sign that Caleb and I put together which read, 'Bone Voyage'.

Just then, a chopper hovered over us.

"London! She's here!" I called out pointing up as a pink pet carrier was being lowered down from it.

However, the helicopter created so much wind that it blew everything around the Sky Deck. London knocked Caleb and me into the chef who was carrying the bone shaped cake that was decorated in pink and white frosting. The cake itself was sent flying towards Violet, a first-class guest vacationing with her boyfriend Ashton and her mom. Zack jumped right in the path of the flying cake preventing it from hitting Violet, and he wound up getting it all over him.

"Snookums!" London sighed as she got Ivana out of the pet carrier and hugged her.

I noticed Violet thanking Zack for his heroic act, though he took it modestly. London stormed over to him.

"Zack! That cake was supposed to be for Ivana!" she yelled.

"That would explain the liver frosting," Zack said.

"Here Ivana, try some," London lifted Ivana at Zack's face and licked a bit of the cake off of him.

Caleb and I smirked at the sight.

Later, Caleb and I retreated to my cabin as London was dotting Ivana. I was never fond of her dog. Ivana always creeped me out, despite others saying she was cute. Caleb read a few of my Spiderman comics while I read a Thor comic and imagined myself in the realm of Asgard meeting the hero himself and encountering his trickster brother Loki. Mainly ever since seeing the movies, I saw my comics coming to life in my head.

That was soon interrupted when my phone went off.

"What now London?" I muttered as I left my comic book open and grabbed my phone.

"You know you could always ignore her demands Mar," Caleb said glancing at me from the comic he was reading.

"I know. Even if I did, she'll get after me for it."

I saw that London had texted me. Apparently, she and Bailey had gotten into a disagreement regarding Ivana and Porkers, Bailey's pet pig from Parrot Island, who got us out of jail and was in quarantine for a while. The whole argument was which pet was smarter, which I thought was silly. Both dogs and pigs were smart.

London was asking me and Caleb to be the audience since she and Bailey had asked Cody to be the judge, which he agreed to. 

"Okay, let's get this over with," I sighed as I slid my phone into my pocket.

Caleb placed the comic he read with the other comics and followed me out of the cabin.

We met up with Bailey, Cody, and London in the hallway as the three of them came out of the elevator.

"Cody, I wanna thank you for being our referee," Bailey smiled and kissed him on the cheek, "I know you'll be fair and impartial." She kissed his other cheek.

"You forgot honest," Cody added as his face turned red.

"Honestly, make sure I win," London said as she handed him a wad of cash. "But not right away, I don't want it to be obvious."

"Obvious? I saw you bribe him," Bailey frowned.

"Never bribe the judge," Caleb whispered to me and I nodded.

"No, I didn't," London lied.

The girls started arguing. I found myself getting completely annoyed that I grabbed Cody's whistle and blew it hard making them shut up.

"Thanks, Marley," Cody sighed in relief.

"No problem. Them arguing is gonna lead them nowhere," I said.

 "Alright, let's start with some basic commands," Cody suggested, "Sit!"

Porkers and Ivana, including London all, sat down.

Cody wrote something on his clipboard, "Okay one point for Porkers and one point for Ivana."

"London, you know you don't have to sit," I informed her.

She stood back up.

"Moving on, this time just the animals," Cody clarified, "Speak!"

Ivana barked and Porkers squealed at his command.

"That wasn't a bark!" London argued.

"Doesn't matter," I glared at her.

"Porkers doesn't bark, he's a pig," Bailey defended her pet and turned to Cody, "Can we have a ruling here judgy wudgy?"

"Here we go," Caleb sighed.

"Squeal is good," Cody nodded.

Bailey smiled.

"Now animals, play dead."

Ivana rolled onto her side and was motionless.

"Oh, look at Mommy's little girl. She's playing dead so well. Mommy's sad, oh yes she is," London cooed her dog, "Who's a smart dead doggy!"

"Ahem!" Bailey called getting our attention, "Check out Porkers."

Somehow, Porkers made himself look like a stuffed pig being served for dinner.

"Wow!" Caleb and I stared wide-eyed at him. I quickly pulled out my phone and took a picture of Porkers.

"That's a winner," Cody said writing on his clipboard, "And an extra point for presentation."

"What part of 'bribe' don't you get?" London asked as she took her cash back from Cody and walked off with Ivana in one arm.

We ended up at Bailey and London's cabin as Cody decided to take the rest of the contest in there.

"I just don't think that those simple commands are a fair test of a dog's intelligence," London complained as we entered the cabin, "I mean, sit, speak, roll over, those are pig tricks."

"Well according to the latest issue of Dog Obsessed Monthly, a simple way to test your animal's intelligence is to throw a towel over their head and see how long it take for them to get it off," Cody explained.

"Let's start with Ivana," I suggested.

"Ready, set, go," Cody commanded and started a stopwatch.

London dropped a towel on Ivana and nothing happened. A couple of seconds later, we all heard her snoring.

"She's snoring. She fell asleep," Bailey grinned.

"Because it's dark under there," London proclaimed and pulled it off of Ivana, "Which means beddy-bye, which shows she's smart. Give her points for that." She glared at Porkers, "Your turn bacon bits."

"You don't get points for falling asleep. You get points for shaking the towel off your head," Bailey informed her, "Like this."

She dropped the towel on Porkers' head and he got it off in seconds.

"Wow, that's a record," Cody smiled and wrote on his clipboard, "Ten points for Porkers."

"Yay! That deserves a hug!" Bailey cheered.

"Well if you insist," Cody grinned and opened his arms expecting a hug. Instead, Bailey bent down and hugged Porkers.

"I think this entire competition is rigged," London complained.

"Oh please," Bailey said and threw the towel on London's head.

The moment it touched her head, London started snoring.

"Can't believe that works," Caleb said staring at her.

That second, I got a text from Uncle Marion asking me to be present at a gala on the Sky Deck. I sighed.

"Everything okay Mar?" Bailey asked.

"Just my uncle asking me to go to this fancy gala tonight," I replied sliding my phone back in my pocket.

Truthfully, I hated first class people since they thought they were better than everyone else. Although, I had noticed one of the folks, Violet befriending Zack and saw him as another individual. That pretty much confirmed to me that not all upper-class folks were a bunch of snobs.

I texted Uncle Marion asking him if Caleb could come for some moral support. My uncle replied yes and that he would have someone send a tux to Caleb's cabin.

"We should get going," I turned to Caleb and headed for the door.

See ya guys," I glanced at Cody and Bailey.

"Bye!" they smiled in unison.

"My uncle's arranged for someone to send a tux to your cabin," I said as we headed down the hallway.

"That's really nice," Caleb said as he rubbed the back of his head, "I mean, he didn't have to do that."

"It's not a problem. I'll meet you by the elevator."

"Okay."

Getting back to my cabin, I jumped into the shower and cleaned up myself. Normally, I don't like dressing up. If I did, I always wore something comfortable. This time, I applied a little bit of jewelry, even though I didn't wear it as much.

After getting dressed, I pulled my hair back and up and met up with Caleb, who was already dressed in the tux Uncle Marion had sent, by the elevator and went up to the Sky Deck where Mrs. Berg's gala was being held.

Arriving there, the place was packed. There were violinists playing music. Caleb and I saw Uncle Marion and approached him.

"Uncle Marion, thanks again for allowing me to bring Caleb," I smiled.

"Not a problem Marley," my uncle said.

"Thank you for the tux and everything," Caleb said trying to not sound awkward.

"You're welcome."

"Mr. Moseby, Marley," Mrs. Berg called us.

I saw her standing next to an ice sculpture of herself.

"Do you think this ice sculpture makes me look like I have a double chin?" she asked.

"Wait an hour, one of them will melt," Uncle Marion replied.

Caleb and I walked over to the juice bar where Zack was working and had just served a drink to Ashton, who had insulted him. I sensed Ashton as a major jerk who made me feel like punching him in the eye, especially for insulting one of my best friends.

"Hey Zack," I said as Caleb and I sat on a couple stools.

"Hey guys, what are you doing here?" he asked looking surprised to see us.

"Manager's niece. Gotta be here," I replied.

"Hereby invitation through 'im," Caleb added.

I could tell Zack was glad to have a couple familiar faces around him.

"Oh uh...I'll have a strawberry kiwi please," I said ordering my favorite smoothie.

"I'll have what she's having," Caleb said gesturing at me and himself.

"Coming right up," Zack said and began making the smoothies.

I overheard Ashton and Violet talking. It sounded like Violet was frantic due to not finding a valuable necklace known as the Kidney of the Sea that was a gift to her.

"Well, perhaps it's been stolen," Ashton declared getting everyone's attention.

Uncle Marion ran over to him.

"Did I just hear the 'S' word?" he asked nervously.

"Yes, the Kidney has been stolen."

"Well then, here have one the little hot dogs. They're delicious."

"No, he means my diamond necklace," Violet clarified.

"Not The Kidney of the Sea!" Mrs. Berg gasped, "How could you let it out of your sight?"

"Has anyone else had access to your room?" Ashton asked.

"I didn't see anyone when I was up there," Zack answered and everyone turned to him, "I probably shouldn't have said that."

"Ya think," I muttered.

"Kidney thief!" Ashton pointed at Zack, "Check his pockets!"

I sent Ashton a death glare. No way he accused my best friend of stealing!

"Whoa, back off!" Zack exclaimed, " You wanna what's in my pockets? I'll show you what's in my pockets." He slid his hand in his pocket and pulled something out, "In this pocket, I have a  half eaten peanut butter and jelly sandwich. And in this pocket I have...The Kidney of the Sea."

Zack had a surprised expression on his face the minute he pulled it out. Everyone gasped. Real dramatic!

"Good gobstopper that's a big rock!" Uncle Marion gasped.

"It's always the help," Mrs. Berg shook her head.

"Arrest him!" Ashton yelled.

"WHAT?!" Zack, Caleb and I hollered in unison.

"Zack," Violet said with disappointment in her tone.

"Violet I didn't do it! I swear!" Zack pleaded with her.

"Zack, I wanna believe you, but why was the necklace in your pocket?"

"I don't know, I thought there was a brownie in there."

"He can walk the plank," Mrs. Berg suggested happily.

"You're sick!" I glared at her for causing more torment for my friend.

"Sadly, our plank was removed in the late 1700s," Uncle Marion told her, "Furthermore I know Zack Martin, and he is many things, he's annoying, lazy, unreliable, often unkempt, careless, and reckless, tardy, obnoxious, destructive, a trifle gassy-"

"How long is he gonna keep this going?" Caleb whispered to me.

"It could take a while," I shrugged.

"Zack is also loud," Uncle Marion continued, "Irresponsible, devious,-"

"Is there a 'but' coming anytime soon?" Zack asked.

"And a pain in the butt."

"Thanks."

"However, he is not a thief."

"Then how do you explain the necklace in his pocket?" Ashton asked.

Mrs. Berg looked at the necklace, "One of the diamonds is missing!" She pointed at Zack, "He must have stolen it to feed his bubble gum habit."

Zack pulled out a piece of gum from his mouth, "I can quit anytime I want. Starting tomorrow," He put it back in his mouth and chewed it a bit.

"Obviously, he has no impulse control. A sure sign of the criminal mind," Ashton said as he sat down.

I glared at him.

Zack didn't steal that freak diamond! He isn't a criminal! I thought though I would've liked to have remarked that to Ashton's face.

From the corner of my eye, I saw Cody, Bailey, and London arrive with Porkers and Ivana. Still on with the intelligence test. I really wished the girls would work out their differences instead of competing against each other.

"I want someone to find this missing diamond," Mrs. Berg complained.

The second she said 'diamond', Ivana ran over growling and tugged Ashton's tuxedo jacket.

"Get this filthy mutt off me!" he yelled.

"My Ivana is not a filthy mutt," London defended running over.

She picked up her dog and a diamond fell out of Ashton's pocket, and I picked it up.

"Mrs. Berg, is this the missing diamond from the necklace?" I asked showing it to her.

"It can't be," she gasped in disbelief.

I took the necklace and placed the diamond on it and it fit perfectly.

"Well, it's a perfect match," Uncle Marion stated.

Everyone gasped.

"Ashton, what was it doing in your pocket?" Violet asked as she approached him.

"Uh....well...um.....when I gave you the necklace, it must have fallen out," Ashton replied which sounded like he was lying.

"No you gave it to me in a box, and all the diamonds were in there."

"You stole the necklace to try and frame me!" Zack frowned.

The violinists played a few notes making the whole scene dramatic.

Ashton turned to Zack, Caleb and me, "Yes! And if would've gotten away with it if it weren't for you meddling kids and your dog," he yelled and then took off running.

He must've watched a lotta Scooby Doo. I thought.

"I'll get him!" Zack hollered as he started pursuing Ashton.

The music started playing again. Uncle Marion tried to stop Ashton and Zack, but they were too fast for him.

"Ladies and gentlemen I just want to you to know that I have everything under control," he said turning to the gala attendees.

My uncle screamed as Ashton and Zack ran past him.

"Careful! Iceberg dead ahead!" he yelled as Ashton collided into Mrs. Berg's ice sculpture and fell into the cake.

At the same time, Zack slipped and fell into the hot tub.

"No! I'm wearing silk!" Ashton complained.

Cody brought up a tip on cleaning the material as Violet ran over to Zack, who looked like he was drowning making me think of the dramatic scene on Titanic, which was really sad, especially the part where they were holding hands.

"That's a hot tub, just stand up!" Uncle Marion yelled interrupting them.

Zack stood up he and Violet hugged each other.

"That sure was an entertaining event," Caleb said turning to me.

"Yep," I nodded.

واصل القراءة

ستعجبك أيضاً

11.1K 308 20
THIS BARBIE IS HUNGOVER: PART I Marley Billings gets convinced by her brother, Doug, to join him, his two childhood best friends and his future broth...
8.2K 422 20
Belle had everything. A group of friends, good grades, a mom and a sister who loved her. But not even being happy can make you live a happy life, har...
850K 16.7K 42
In which Lilly Martin pines after her best friend, who has sadly had a crush on her twin sister since kindergarden.
28.6K 440 32
{COMPLETED} Scarlet and Grayson and Ethan are BFF... But Scarlett and Gray soon become a couple, Scarlett grows jealousy towards fans.. but Grayson...