Skaikru ☣ Bellamy Blake [2]

By unknownnavajo

"I never wanted to be this kind of warrior. A soulless one." Nia's journey continues, except now she is amon... More

Act Three
Coming Clean
Comfortable
The Commander
Not Too Late
Arkadia
Azgeda
Ambush?
Wanheda
Mount Weather
A Trap
Summit
Winds of Change
Memorial
Can't Tell Him
Decisions, Decisions
Shouldn't Have Come
Prisoners
I Am Trikru
A Signal
Getting Out
Proving Alligences
Expansion
A New General
Unbeknown
A What?
Too Little Too Late
Message Received
Trust Is An Easy Thing To Lose
May We Meet Again
Lifting The Blockade
Sticking Together
Truths Revealed
Takeover
Hostages
Fight
Luna
Hopeful Or Hopeless
Leverage
Accepting
Rejecting
Our Mission
Improvise
A Short-Lived Victory
Act Four
Odds End
An Ally?
Blast From The Past
Trying
Making A Decision
Cutting Ties
Trikru Strength
Broken Alliances
Vulnerable Side
Just A Moment
Salvation
A Close Call
A Conclave
Why Am I Not Shocked?
Ai Gonplei Ste Odon
Good-Byes
Another Way To Live
The End...
Book 3

The Ceasefire

9.6K 295 35
By unknownnavajo

The night had begun to fill with stars when Nia approached the gates. She could hear the guards alerting others but one voice stood out to her. As his voice filled her ears she couldn't help but wonder if he stayed there since she had left.

Her horse trotted into the gates before stopping allowing her slide off. She help him by the reigns before trying to spot a place to put him. Arms wrapped around her waist as Jade was relieved to see her again.

"What happened?" Bellamy asked as he stood in front of her. He had been waiting anxiously for her return if at all. Jade had even came out halfway though the day and waited with him. Both had been scared to never see the girl again until they spotted the horse coming out of the trees.

"We need to speak with Abby and Kane." She said instead. She needed to tell them all at once so they would all know the situation.

On cue the two walked up to them along with Lincoln and Alec followed shortly by Octavia and Fox. Nia found a place to tie up her horse for the time being while they all went inside to discuss matters.

They entered the Chancellor's office and stood around the room waiting for her to speak.

"I was able to call a ceasefire. This allows you to go beyond your walls without having to face an attack." She began to explain.

"And the clans agreed to this?" Alec question his uncertainty.

"Most deemed it." Nia provided remembering the cold stare that Azgeda sent to her as they left. "Azgeda wasn't too happy to see me let alone provide options for Skaikru."

"The ice nation." The words that Indra had told her popping back into her mind.

"Are they a threat?" Marcus was worried about a clan opposing them.

"The ice nation is ruthless. They don't care about the well-being of another clan beside their own. But among the coalition they have to follow the commander's orders or face her wrath. Azgeda was the reason the coalition was formed." Nia began to inform. "Azgeda was pillaged and raided any land and village. The clans went to the commander for guidance but she offered a solution. Lexa made the clans pledge their alliance to her to help stop a common enemy. The clans united forces against Azegda. This is outraged their Queen, so she decided to take those closest to the commander in order to defeat her. Costia and me."

Everyone listened intently as Nia told them a part of their history.

"She took Costia but couldn't take me. When Costia didn't spill her secrets, she killed her. Cut of her head and sent it to Lexa. When the battle had ended Azgeda was given a choice. Join the coalition. Swear fealty to Lexa or die. They've been trying ever since to oppose her. But with her as commander they don't stand a chance. They will abide the ceasefire."

Marcus and Abby shared a look before nodding. This was the best option for them. This would allow them to gather what the needed and not depend on only two people.

"What about the mark?" Abby worried about the lives of the ones who helped them. She didn't want them to get cast out of their homelands.

"Alec, Jade and I are fine, we did not break the terms of the truce." Nia answered before pausing the next sentence made her sick as she thought of it. She looked at Lincoln letting out a sigh before telling the rest. "A kill order has been placed on Lincoln. He needs to stay within these walls."

"A kill order?" Octavia gasped out as she heard.

Sadly, Nia nodded her head to confirm. "There was nothing I could do to lift it. Lexa thinks that in time it can be lifted but for now be needs to stay here. You have to let things play out the way they were meant to be."

It was quiet after she finished speaking and that felt like the best time to send Fox and Jade back to the room. Octavia followed shortly after angered by the kill order placed on her boyfriend.

"We can help you with the terrains and borders, along with anything else. Right now I'm assigned to keep Lexa informed. To keep the peace." Nia stated after they remained.

With that being said they gathered around a board and helped with the layout. After each clan was named they would provide little details about them. Everyone had agreed that Azgeda land would be off limits to whatever task they would be doing.

It was late when they finally left the room. It had been an exhausting day as she made her way through the corridors. Alec walked beside her but she could enter her room he stopped her.

Since Bellamy had said her name in the Mountain and the contact they had before she left had him questioning their relationship. He had not thought of their breakup as the end, he had thought one day they might be together again. But with her interactions with Bellamy made him wonder.

"He's the reason you came." He told her his realization.

Nia sighed heavily knowing this would happen one day. She could see the love that he still held for in his eyes but she hadn't had that love for him. He deserved to know her feelings so that he may be able to move on from her and if he chose to leave Skaikru then there was nothing she could do.

"Yes." She answered truthfully. The emptiness of the hallway allowed them the privacy to discuss this. "But I'm not too sure he feels the same way anymore. Since the Mountain, he had been distance and I don't know whether he feels the same anymore."

Alec was quick to inject her suspicions. "He does. You can see it in his eyes. Besides he'd be stupid to let you go, anyone would."

She pulled him into a hug and let out a breath. He hugged her close and took a breath. He savored this moment in his head. Something told him that he would need to hold onto this moment. She pressed a lingering kiss to his cheek before stepping away.

"If you need to leave Alec then I understand. I will hold nothing again you. You deserve a chance to find love with someone else." Nia stated before entering her room leaving him with the decision.

He stood there with his thoughts pondered what to do next. He could leave and go back home but something told him that that wouldn't be his choice. Even though she had told him that they wouldn't get back together he still wouldn't leave her there. So he decided he would stay there for her and Jade.

The next morning Nia had woken up and realized how much she missed the butterfly field. She had been too occupied with hunting and worrying about an attack that she hadn't noticed.

They had decided not to hunt that day and the boys would help finish their map giving her time to be by herself. Or so she thought. It wasn't long for her to reach the gates that a couple people appeared behind her.

"Where are you going?" A voice sounded making her turn. But instead of see the girls, the boys or even the Blakes, she saw Raven, Monty and Harper.

"Out." She said not providing much.

The three glanced at each other before looking back to her. They had known all about what she and Alec had done and couldn't be more appreciative. But now that they could venture out they wanted to help too.

"We can come with you and help." Monty requested with a slight pleading look in his eyes.

"I'm not going out hunting." She responded back unsure about the situation.

"That's okay. We won't bother you, we just wanna try and pick some berries." Harper was the one to speak timidly.

Nia would've said no until she looked over at Raven. She remembered that night they had talked and she had told her she would see the field one day. Maybe today would be that day. The more she looked she could see the lingering pain that the girl tried to hide within her eyes. She noticed that it might've fooled anyone else but she knew that pain well.

"Okay. Gather what you need and come back. We'll do a quick trip." Nia gave in causing them to her and leave.

A couple minutes later they all arrived back with packs but something stood out to Nia. A gun had been placed in both Monty and Raven pants. She knew it wasn't a good idea bug she also knew that they might feel safer with it.

"Those can't be fired unless we're under attack, do you understand? We cannot do anything that would break the ceasefire." Nia instructed and informed. The ceasefire would help them one day have peace.

They nodded their heads before leaving the gates and heading out. She lead them in the direction of their dropship thinking it would be the better idea. They knew that terrain and wouldn't have a problem with finding berries.

Before they could enter the field, Nia suggested they split up. They would cover more ground and gather more berries. But she told them to stay within shouting distance in case they would need help.

When they separated Nia turned to Raven and gestured for her follow. Wordlessly, Raven followed behind curious to where Nia was talking her.

Her question was answered when she saw the field in sight. She could make out the insects that were on trees while others flew around the area. It wasn't dark yet but she could make out the blue coloring to them. It was like nothing she had ever seen.

Nia saw the smile on the girl's face and smiled herself. Maybe she could help Raven with her pain. But would it be enough to ease the guilt she has about taking one of their friends.

The two said nothing as they simply stayed in that moment. Their minds seemed to ease as they watched the butterflies fly around them. The field brought them comfort that they needed. But after a few more minutes they decided to go and pick berries to help the other two who had accompanied them.

"Thank you." Raven said as they began to look for the other two. Visiting the field had been more helpful to than she would've thought.

When they all met back together they all made their way back to camp. Alec and Lincoln sent her a knowing look and Nia simply shrugged and gave them her pack of berries.

Things seemed to be coming together and Nia hoped it would continue to be that way.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

5.7K 153 16
Sky was just a girl when the Mountain Men took her family, and her village. She survived by hiding from the sleeping gas and the men in masks. She's...
92K 2.8K 26
❝Don't underestimate the allure of darkness. Even the purest of hearts are drawn to it.❞ She left without a word but she saw him again, all chaos a...
2K 55 14
NOVA ROSEWOOD, the independent girl who's been taking care of herself almost her entire life, causing herself to not trust others easily, suddenly fi...
3.7K 151 10
𝐏𝐎𝐖𝐄𝐑 𝐎𝐕𝐄𝐑 𝐌𝐄 - Where Hope Fairchild is sent to the ground with 100 teenagers and has to learn how to survive as they are not alone on th...