Alpha Faye

By Midika

*BOOK EIGHT* (Can be read as standalone) *Mature Content Involved* "Caught between two lovers, but which one... More

Prologue
Chapter One
Chapter Two
Chapter Three
Chapter Four
Chapter Five
Chapter Six
Chapter Seven
Chapter Eight
Chapter Nine
Chapter Ten
Chapter Eleven
Chapter Twelve
Chapter Thirteen
Chapter Fourteen
Chapter Fifteen
Chapter Sixteen
Chapter Seventeen
Chapter Eighteen
Chapter Nineteen
Chapter Twenty
Chapter Twenty One
Chapter Twenty Two
Chapter Twenty Three
Chapter Twenty Four
Chapter Twenty Five
Chapter Twenty Six
Chapter Twenty Seven
Chapter Twenty Eight
Chapter Twenty Nine
Chapter Thirty
Chapter Thirty One
Chapter Thirty Two
Chapter Thirty Three
Chapter Thirty Four
Chapter Thirty Five
Chapter Thirty Six
Chapter Thirty Seven
Chapter Thirty Eight
Chapter Thirty Nine
Chapter Forty
Chapter Forty Two
Chapter Forty Three
Chapter Forty Four
Chapter Forty Five
Chapter Forty Six
Chapter Forty Seven

Chapter Forty One

12.4K 910 159
By Midika

This banner is amazing, thank you so much to moonnighttides for sending this in!! (:

Word Count: 1743

~Faye

T kept strong to his promise. He isn't leaving my side.

The power wrapped around my mind lead me down the stairs, and out of my home. T kept a grasp on my hand, in case I made a run for it. As much as he is trying to stay strong right now, I can see the frown lines etched into his features, highlighted by the moonlight that guides us down the stairs.

At least the power didn't force me into a moving vehicle, which I hope means we won't be straying far. If this person is in my Pack, I need to deal with it right now, before they become a danger to the members who live here.

"Where do you think we are going?" I ask blindly, knowing the foolishness of the question, as we work our way down a familiar path T himself must have taken to get to my estate before.

Fear has such a tight grip on me, I just need a little justification.

"I think whoever is doing this to you finally wants to meet you," T says, squeezing my hand warmly. Somehow, he makes it seem like we are strolling toward a quaint tea party rather than our potential death.

"They have tried to kill me," I tell him sardonically. "What's not to say they are going to do that right now?"

T takes in a deep breath, staring out into the darkness, littered with blinking lights from the nearest village. "I'm here. And so is Thought."

"And if this is a trap?" I say ariely, knowing full well that it is completely possible for us to be walking into something we won't get out of. Despite T harbouring two extremely powerful immortals stuck in his head, I'm unsure how willing they would be to help in a dire situation. "Anything could happen."

"Whatever happens, we are going to be okay," he tells me smoothly, the look in his eyes subdued. It's an act, though. He can pretend for my sake, but I know he's as worried as I am. "You should relax, this could mean the end to all this torment in your mind."

"Maybe you're right."

"I don't know your Pack particularly well. Do you happen to know where we are going?" T questions.

T clearly isn't aware of this path in the dark. He lives off the path at some point, but I have a feeling that's not where we are going. In the distance, I can a nearby village. Populated by member of my Pack. If this involves any of them getting hurt, I will be devastated.

"Towards a nearby village," I inform him. This path continues right through the centre, cutting it in half. It leads to further villages, which are more dispersed and agriculture based. "We could be walking through it though."

We keep walking in silence, one foot being forced in front of the other.

All of a sudden, an idea seems to come into T's mind. "Why do you think this person lead you to my house that time?"

"No idea," I say honestly, remembering the morning I awoke in T's bed. A part of me is thankful for that day, because perhaps if that hadn't happened, we wouldn't be here right now. T may have never let me know we were mates. "Unless it has something to do with us being mates?"

T doesn't seem so convinced by that explanation. Neither am I, but my ideas otherwise, are useless. And I can tell something suddenly inspires him by the way his eyes light up, and not from the approaching village.

"Oh, I think I figured it out."

"What do you mean?"

"I'm assuming they wanted you to find out I had Time and Thought in my head. I had all those papers out, which were Time's. He was trying to figure something out I'm still unaware of, and a part of me feels as though they were trying to key you in," T explains to me.

That makes sense. I remember the papers littered around, with the strange mathematical equations scrawled all over them. At that point, I hadn't thought much into it. Now I know it all belonged to Time, and whatever plan he is creating.

"See, they are out to get me. Or us," I mutter, as we take our first step into the village.

I know this place well. It's a simple village, with one story homes very quaint and humble. No one feels the need to show off in any auspicious way. That's what I like about this place. It's one of my favourite villages.

"Whatever happens, I'm not going to let anything happen to you," T says warmly, smiling down at me. I wish I could squeeze his hand back.

And then all of a sudden, I could.

"Wait, I have feeling back. I can control myself," I say, halting in my step. T does so too, looking back at me with a mixture of fear and hope in his eyes. I shake my limbs around, testing if they are truly under my control again.

T looks over my shoulder, expression grim. "I'm going to put it out there that maybe this is where we are meant to go."

I turn around. The home is small, slightly out of shape, and deteriorating quickly. Perhaps it's the oldest places in this village. However, that's not what strikes me about it. It's the fact that I've been here before. Many times.

"I know this place," I tell T. "This is where a Gaze Reader lives. Esmeralda. The one who tried to kill you."

His expression turns sour. "Well, that makes sense at least."

"I'm going in. If she has a part of this...I'm going to do something terrible," I say.

At this point, I'm seeing red. I should have known she was up to something, when she tried to poison T, knowing full well it could have killed him. She knew who he was the entire time, and she failed to tell her Alpha. This should have gone down much earlier.

"Wait for me Alpha," T calls out, stalking up the stairs with me.

There's no polite knock to be had. I kick the door open, walking through with no reservations. The moment I step inside, I don't fall into some kind of trap, and no hood is pushed over my head. Instead, I'm staring at two woman. One stands against the wall, arms crossed, looking small. The other sits in a chair in the middle of the room, staring me down.

"Ah, you arrived," one says pointedly.

I notice the woman by the wall is Esmeralda, avoiding my gaze. However, the woman in the chair is unfamiliar to me. Her hair is raven black, pulled away from her face. Her eyes are a hard bronze, drilling into me with an unfiltered ferocity. I've never seen her in my life.

"Who are you?" I question. I flick my gaze back to the Gaze Reader I had once trusted. "Esmeralda, what's going on?"

"It's so nice to finally meet you. Despite how well you avoided ever trying to meet me," the strange woman pronounced, not standing from her chair to acknowledge me.

I furrow my brow in confusion. "I'm sorry, I don't even know who you are."

"Did you not get my letters?" she questions. Of course. The letters about an Alpha and a Pack that doesn't exist. I had forgotten about them until this moment. "I'm an Alpha like you. I'm trying to make my Pack stronger. I need your help."

"I was dealing with everything else in my life. I'm sorry to be honest here, but that was hardly my priority," I tell her honestly. I'm not going to lie to her.

She stands swiftly. "Right, well luckily I was able to find a Gaze Reader, who was completely willing to find a way into your head, to control you. She isn't so fond of you, which makes this all the better."

"What do you mean? Esmeralda, you've worked for my family for years," I say anxiously, looking back at her.

"My apologies Alpha, but when I looked into your mind, and saw your future, I couldn't allow that to happen. Time is the cruelest immortal. He will kill you with no remorse. And other people too," she explains. She sounds regretful, as if she is in a situation she wants out of.

"My future is  my business," I tell them both. "Let me get this straight, you've been trying to kill me? All this time? And you expect me to help you?"

I can hear T shift behind me. He is leaving this argument up to me.

"We have control over you now. You have no other choice to help me," bronze eyes says, a feline smile of triumphant alighting over her face. "Unless of course, you want this torment to continue."

"Do what?"

"I need help to build my Pack stronger. A lot of these male Alpha's need putting in their place, and without your influence, I will not be able to succeed," she explains to me.

Unwanted fear blooms within my chest. How am I supposed to escape this situation? Kill them? I could never do that. Violence has never been the answer to any of my problems. Especially not to the extent of death.

"You are extremely bent out of reality," a smooth voice says from behind. I turn around, knowing already that voice belongs to T, my mate. "And I'm the one stuck in someone else's head."

However, when I glance back, it is not T who looked back at me. Those dark eyes I knew so well had vanished. They have molded into a golden magnificent that cannot belong to anyone else but a powerful immortal.

Time.

🎀••🎀

Faye is available ten chapters ahead of Wattpad at all times on Radish! If you're interested, head over to my Radish account @Midika (The name is set under Sophie, which is my first name)

Buy the Alpha Series on Amazon now!!

Send in a pic of you to my Snapchat or Instagram to be featured!

Snapchat: Midikacrane
Instagram: Sophie_Midika

🌸••🌸

I have a love hate relationship with Time.

Like he's a dick, but I kinda like that, you know. I'm terrible.

~Midika 💜🐼

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

129K 2.1K 29
(**Violence in some parts**) Abused physically and mentally. Diana takes it all for her sister Emma, the only blood related person she has left. She...
48K 2K 38
Sierra is the alpha's daughter and only child, yet she's kept hidden in the pack house like some best kept secret. Her father never includes her in p...
1.5K 69 19
"I can't stay here." "I need you here." "I need my pack." "I need my mate." "Correction, you want your mate." ******************************* Blaire...
116K 6.9K 52
Book 2 in the Rootbridge Pack series. You DON'T need to have read book 1 in order to enjoy this. You'll find a plot summary for An Alpha's Alpha (Boo...