My Major Whitlock

By Queen_Oreo_Peasant

Melanie Ann Taylor was turned into a vampire during the Civil War. But she was no ordinary vampire, she still... More

My Major Whitlock
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 10
Chapter 11 *edited*
Chapter 12
Epilogue
Important

Chapter 9

15.3K 448 11
By Queen_Oreo_Peasant

It took a while, but eventually, I found Peter and his mate, and a reunion that was. As soon as I lowered my gift, Peter and Charlotte came out of their small cabin looking cautious and ready to fight me. That quickly changed when they saw I was alone and looking quite miserable.

I explained to them hurriedly about Jasper and my situation, and immediately Peter took me in. Charlotte was reluctant, however, seeing as Jasper and I were close to killing her if it wasn't for Peter. I didn't really care at that point; I just wanted to be with Jasper once and for all and just make a new start in life.

However, after I explained everything to the two, they never allowed me outside their cabin in fear for my health, so when they go hunting, they made sure to give me some blood they stored in a bottle. But during that time Charlotte eventually warmed up to me, realising I was just as normal as her and Peter, just a bit damaged from what I've experienced. "I have been a vampire a lot longer than you," I had told her during our time we got to know one another, "I have seen things that you would run away from. Sorry that I may seem a bit detached."

Despite the fact that we didn't know how my pregnancy was going to turn out, we were all excited about when the baby comes. Peter was convinced that the baby was going to look like Jasper, but have my strong personality as well as gifts. But even though I had a lovely company and I felt normal for the first time in years, I still felt lonely without Jasper. The only thing to remember him from was the engagement ring and the bear that still smelt faintly of him. I found it cute that out of all the things he got from his home, he brought along the old bear that he had when he was a child. But I'm glad he did; our child now had something to remember their father.

I dread to think about what Jasper is going through; he probably revealed to her by now that I have run away. She probably punished him somehow, and he's probably suffering a lot more now than usual and it terrified me. Would he be able to make it out on time or would it be too late for him? At that new revelation, my mood worsened. The thought that my mate was suffering caused me to suffer as well, and it was concerning Peter and Charlotte.

I would stay in the guest bedroom looking out at the window, in the forest surrounding us. I didn't move unless I needed blood, and I wouldn't participate in any conversations the two would try to bring me in. I just wanted Jasper back before it was too late. I want him to escape before it's too late. I just want to be with him and save his soul before it's too late.

One day, while Peter and Charlotte left to go hunting, my mood shifted abruptly. From feeling numb and miserable, I now felt myself disappearing from my surroundings and a blackness taking over my sight. I lowered my hands to my stomach protectively just before my sight was gone and I felt like I was falling.

I don't know how long I was out for, but by the time I came around Peter and Charlotte were towering over my laid out form on the bed, looking very concerned. I frowned at them in confusion. "What happened?" I asked them.

"Uh..." Peter mumbled. I motioned for him to continue. "You have another being living inside you, to put it simply."

"What!" I sat up quickly at the news, immediately feeling dizzy and overwhelmed from the sudden movement. They quickly helped me steady myself. "What are you on about?"

"Her name's Melody," Charlotte explained uneasily, "and she's the alter ego of you..."

"The reason why you blacked out was that she took over your mind and body," Peter continued, "when we came back to the cabin you - well, Melody - had a human and just finished devouring him. After the shock, Melody explained that the reason why she existed was because of your depression; it created her."

"She's the opposite of you," Charlotte spoke up, "she's like...the scary side of you."

"Did she hurt you?" I replied quickly. They shook their heads much to my relief.

"She knew who we were, and knew we are helping you," Peter assured me. "She came out because of your body because you were stuck in the depression you were endangering your body and the baby, so she decided to come out and save all three of you by grabbing a human."

"But because she's the darker version of you, you are by far the most dangerous creature to ever walk the Earth," Charlotte revealed. "You're already powerful, but now that there's another side of you that is willing to do anything? Even the Volturi would fear you."

"What if she comes back?" I asked them worriedly.

"She only comes out when you are getting overly stressed or angry, she said," Peter answered for me. "But apart from that, she's okay. She only comes out when necessary and is simply there to protect you, herself, and the baby."

"You know what this means though," Charlotte said seriously, "you have to look after yourself. If she deems you unstable, she'll take over." I gulped nervously at the dark news. While I'm glad this Melody person is protecting me, the baby, and herself, it was scary to think she'll take over my body if she deems me unstable.

Charlotte's face then changed to one of bright eagerness, tearing me away from my worried thoughts. "On a happy note, look what we found in an abandoned library!" Peter revealed to me an old tattered book, handing it to me gently.

"What's it about?" I asked curiously, carefully opening the fragile book.

"It's about our kind," Peter answered, jumping in his spot eagerly, "I think we found something about what you might be." I flipped to the page they bookmarked, and read the passage out loud.

"You may think that vampires are a simple, common species amongst the supernatural, however, that is false. There are two different species that are related to vampires: the hybrids. There are two types of hybrids; there are the ones who are conceived from a human -see to page 48 for more information- and ones who still contain human qualities despite being turned commonly by another vampire." I looked at the couple in disbelief. They nodded for me to continue reading. "The latter is a difficult process that requires utmost concentration from the creator. The process is done through a bite, however, instead of pumping as much venom into the human, only a small amount is given - enough for the human to go through the changing. Because of the small amount of venom, it takes a longer time for the venom to overtake the body, which thus allows the newborn to be given time to still have human qualities - qualities such as the ability to sleep, cry, etc. However, putting too little of venom in the human can kill them, so this process is considered a one in tenth slim chance of succeeding. To this day, only three to five are living in this world. More information will be recorded in time, as there is still more to discover." I paused, allowing the new information to settle into my mind.

"So let me get this straight," I started, "Maria inserted a limited amount of venom into me, to turn me into this rare species despite the slim chance of the changing to be a success."

"It explains why she kept you all this time." Peter mused. "If you read further, it's said that your kind is considered powerful because of the human blood that remains in your body. You still have the strength and speed of a newborn."

"What about getting pregnant?" I realised, looking through the pages again. "There should be something about my pregnancy, right?" I soon found my answer after flicking through the old pages.

Update on the rare hybrid situation: I recently met a female hybrid who seems to be pregnant. According to her, it's not the first time she's pregnant. She says the birthing is normal like a human's, however, the growth of the infant after its born is particular.

The growth of the infant takes years - centuries - to grow because of the limited venom inside them due to the mother having a small amount of venom originally. When the baby has been alive for more than one century, by then there would be enough venom to help the infant grow up. It takes many centuries until the infant grows, however, there's a catch to it all.

"This is crazy!" I murmured to myself in disbelief.

"What?" they asked me eagerly.

"In order for the baby to grow naturally, the parents - specifically, parents who are soulmates, not mates have to be present in the child's life." I looked to them bewildered. "This sounds like nonsense!"

"I didn't know there was a difference with mates and soulmates," Charlotte mused out loud. I shrugged helplessly in reply.

"Why would they need soulmates for the child to grow naturally?" Peter wondered. I snorted at what I read further in the book.

"Because of true love, apparently," I answered. "Soulmates are rare and very intense, so if the parents truly love one another, I guess they're given that simplicity when having a child." Peter scoffed.

"This makes no sense."

"It's the supernatural world," I sighed, closing the book. "Life is different and doesn't have all the answers we want to explain the impossible."

"It would be nice to live in a world where the supernatural doesn't exist, and that this is all just a story."

"Like that world exists,"

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

209K 4.5K 27
All the years Jasper was with the Cullens he never forgot her. He would never ever forget her no matter how many centuries he lived. She was his ever...
260K 6.6K 32
Stephenie Meyer owns all the characters, except for the ones I make up. The plot is mine. ----------------------------------- Jasper Whitlock has jus...
17.4K 434 20
Lilly and Jasper are back and stronger than ever. After facing off with the Volturi and all the Cullen's coming back to Forks you'd think that things...
60.4K 1.7K 12
This is a Twilight and a Percy Jackson crossover. It is after both of the series end, with of course a little twist end to the Percy Jackson series...