The Italian's secret Love Chi...

De nadinejoubie

Italian billionaire was ruthless and unforgiving he never knew what it meant to love a woman. That is after h... Mais

CHAPTER ONE
CHAPTER THREE
CHAPTER FOUR
CHAPTER FIVE
CHAPTER SIX
CHAPTER SEVEN
CHAPTER EIGHT
CHAPTER NINE
CHAPTER TEN
CHAPTER ELEVEN
CHAPTER TWELVE
CHAPTER THIRTEEN
CHAPTER FOURTEEN
CHAPTER FIFTEEN
CHAPTER SIXTEEN
CHAPTER SEVENTEEN
CHAPTER EIGHTEEN
CHAPTER NINETEEN
CHAPTER TWENTY
CHAPTER TWENTY-ONE
CHAPTER TWENTY-TWO
CHAPTER TWENTY-THREE
CHAPTER TWENTY-FOUR
CHAPTER TWENTY- FIVE
CHAPTER TWENTY-SIX
CHAPTER TWENTY SEVEN
CHAPTER TWENTY EIGHT
CHAPTER TWENTY NINE
CHAPTER THIRTY
CHAPTER THIRTY ONE
CHAPTER THIRTY TWO
CHAPTER THIRTY THREE
CHAPTER THIRTY FOUR (FINAL CHAPTER)

CHAPTER TWO

226K 5.5K 338
De nadinejoubie

Was there ever a time in your life when you had to do something that terrified you just thinking about it?

I look at the time and it's almost morning. In just a couple of hours, I have to come face to face with the people who took everything from me. The very same people who ruined my perfect childhood.

As a teenager in university, I've devoted my entire life to one thing; I'll bring the Costello family to their knees and make them pay for all my sufferings. My mother's silent cries at night when she thought I've gone to sleep. The first time I celebrated my birthday without my father waking me up at dawn to wish me a happy birthday.

 The whole idea has me silently laughing.

 But who am I kidding I'm not the kind of person that takes revenge on others but what I will do is ruin their business name. There's nothing in this world which the Costello's cherish more than their empire. They are heartless, monstrous people that would do anything to stay at the top of the food chain.

I look at the picture of my dad with me sitting on his shoulder. He looks so happy in this picture.

 Dad, I miss you so much, every single day my longing for you grows more and more... please go with me in spirit as I take on this dangerous quest.

You didn't deserve what they did to you...

I didn't deserve it...

My mother had sold my father's company to the Costello's after I ran away from home. 

That was five years ago...

I still owned half of that company... at least that's how it should have been. When I turned 21 I had still not received a single penny of my inheritance. I came into contact with my mother and stepfather as I didn't dare to go and meet with them I wrote a letter instead. 

 I thought they must have moved to a different address as they didn't write back or even called the number I wrote down in the letter. After I've completely given up hope that they've forgiven me for running away and accepted the fact that my mother must have disowned me.

I received a letter back from them three months later.

Dear Rosalie

It's so good to hear from you. I and your mother truly miss you, well your mother more than me. Such a lot has happened since you left. 

We've discovered the real reason for your father's death. It appears that a wealthy Italian businessman who you're father has worked with on many occasions in the past planned his death. I came across one of their project folders and discovered that they were working on a multi-million dollar project that later turned out to be worth billions. They agreed they would go for an even split on the profits they made.

I did a little investigation of my own and went into your father's financial records. There has never been a transfer with a large amount made in any of his accounts since their partnership. I asked for the help of an old detective buddy of mine he found out that the Costello's kept your father's share for themselves. When your father found out about it they had to silence him. Mr. Costello couldn't afford a bad reputation it would've destroyed his business name. The Costello's had a lot of connections as well as money to make the investigation about your father's murder go silent.

Your mother had reached out to them unaware of this information. M&M corporations had taken a turn for the worst. She wanted to see if they could help her out with a loan, seeing as Mr. Costello used to be a close friend of your father. Instead, he made her a ridiculous offer and insisted she took it... more like a bribe. 

He bought the business for less than what it was worth, literally gave us peanuts for it. I and your mother are so sorry that we tried to marry you off and hope that you can forgive us.

Please come and visit your mother she misses you. In case you do visit bring along that document you took from the study I can help you get your money you deserve.

Love

Arthur and your mother.

Tears ran down my face as I read the letter, again and again.

 It was entirely my fault.

If only I married the guy Arthur had gotten me we still would've had dad's company. I shouldn't have left her all alone when she needed me the most. I have to try and make things right somehow.

I still had my inheritance will that should've been enough evidence in court to claim back my father's company. I filed for a case against the Costello's to get back my father's company. The case never took the trial. No lawyer would take the case and those that did later removed themselves when they heard who I wanted to sue.

One lawyer even suggested I let the whole thing go as I didn't have a solid case against them. He advised me to ask my mother to pay me my share of what she got for the company instead. My heart was shattered into pieces, how could people be so cruel? I did a lot of research on the Costello family and they most definitely aren't the type of people you go messing with. 

After that I had to change my name, appearance me and Quinn even had to leave town and move elsewhere so that they couldn't track me down. Surely people must've informed them that a woman was stirring up troubles for them.

 I had to come up with a full-proof plan, one they wouldn't see coming until it was far too late...

(MORNING)

The sound of continuously hammering against my bedroom door woke me up. I look at the window where little rays of sunshine peeking through the burgundy curtains. The sun is out this early? Normally it comes out at around seven it is winter after all.

"Rose wake up or you'll miss your interview!" I hear Quinn's voice from behind the bedroom door.

I always slept with my door locked ever since I moved in with Quinn into our small luxurious two-bedroom apartment five years ago. I can barely afford half of the rent as I don't earn a salary yet but I promised I'll pay it all back. He didn't seem to be bothered by it at all. 

Quinn was rich... filthy rich but he's the sweetest teddy bear once you get to know him. It's hard to find someone that isn't into materialistic things nowadays. 

"Five more minutes my alarm hasn't even gone off yet," I shout out sleepily.

"You are going to be late it's already 8 am!" He bangs against the door once more.

Pulling myself off the bed I take my phone out from underneath the pillow.

" Shit, shit, shit." The phone was in silent mode.

I didn't hear the alarm go off and now I'm running late. I was so nervous about today that I was too excited to sleep last night and I finally managed to dose off at around 3 am this morning. Looking at the time now I felt like punching myself.  My interview starts in over an hour making quick calculations in my head I realize it will at least take me 40 minutes to get to the building if I hurry and catch the bus. Unlocking my bedroom door I run past Quinn into the bathroom. 

He had already started the shower and I must have taken the quickest cowboy splash in the world's history. I'm so thankful for Quinn who got me a few outfits for this interview. I had no fashion sense whatsoever; I'm more of a baggy t-shirt and sweatpants kind of girl. But today it got replaced with a black tight-fitting dress and a blue blazer with matching blue pumps. The black dress was one or two sizes too small but it was the only available dress Quinn could get me and as I was already running late I managed to squeeze in it just perfectly.

When I looked at myself in the mirror I hardly recognized myself. I've changed a lot over the years. I let my wet hair loose as I didn't want to waste any time on blowing it dry or I'll surely miss the bus. Today I'll just have to settle for natural dried curls.

"Don't forget I'm leaving for Paris tomorrow morning, I want to take you out for dinner tonight." I hear Quinn's voice from behind me.

As I applied my makeup to the best of my ability, I look at him standing in the door frame through the mirror. It's still so unreal to me that Quinn and I met at a train station of all places and immediately connected but weirdly never in a romantic way. I don't know where I'd be right now if he hadn't been there that night. Probably chained up and married off or in some ditch trying to make a day's worth to stay alive. I wouldn't have made it if I was on my own Quinn taught me everything I know about surviving in this cruel world.

"Yes, Dad," I said jokingly.

"Now move out of the way I'm already running late," I say looking at my watch while passing by him.

He grabbed me by my chin and inspected my make-up, which caught me off guard.

"I have to get going or I'll be late for real."

"Let me give you a ride it will be way quicker than the bus." I'm already halfway into the living room.

"No, I'll manage with the bus."

"I'm going to town anyway it's no problem at all."

He always goes out of his way for others this is what I've learned about him over the past years we've lived together. I know he's not going to town, but I won't make a fuss about it knowing him he'll end up winning anyway. I walked to the door and opened it.

"Well let's get going then I wouldn't want to be late."

The drive to the building shouldn't take any longer than half an hour. I can't believe I'm finally doing this. My heart was racing twice as fast and my palms were sweaty.

"Can you believe today's finally here? I just hope the interview goes well if it doesn't I'd have wasted five years of my life. Which I can never get back if this backfires on me."

"Don't be silly it will go well and if it doesn't you can always come and work for me. I'll need someone I can trust in the finance department." He said smiling.

"Probably... but the whole point of me studying was to secure a job at Costello Steel. They only hire the best there is, doing anything else at this stage would just be pointless for me. I don't see myself teaching or even start baking."

He laughs out loud and gives me a strange look.

"I can't imagine you doing either of those things either you bad in the kitchen..."

"Why don't you just go and confront them wouldn't that save you a lot more trouble? I'll even go with you Rose."

"And say what? I can't let's just drop it please."

The rest of the drive nor me or Quinn said another word to each other. I wasn't angry at him and he knew that. But it isn't as simple as showing up at their doorstep and saying I'm the daughter of the man you killed I want everything back which you took from me...

We finally arrived at a large building that must at least have 15 floors. I covered my face from the morning sun as I took a good look at the building that towered over the car. I hesitated to get out of the passenger seat but Quinn reached out and unbuckled my seat belt.

"You'll be fine. Remember why you came here today. You are the bravest woman I know." He said giving my hand a small squeeze.

"Everything will work out just fine."

Swallowing the gulp in my throat I adjust my blazer. I slowly got out of the car and stood up straight, I kept my shoulders relaxed and took a deep breath in and out. Quinn got out of the car and stood in front of me with both hands on each of my shoulders.

"You've prepared for this day all your life now it's time to go kick ass." He said winking at me.

I smiled at my best friend who's always been there to support me.

"Thank you." I take him into a bear hug and caught him off guard.

We must've stood this way for some time as I didn't want to pull myself out of the comfort of his arms. When I finally managed to build up the confidence to let go he gave me one last hug and a kiss on my forehead.

Continue lendo

Você também vai gostar

292K 8.1K 36
The journey of two people...ex-best friends if I may add I guess wanting to keep your reputation and pride intact in front of others costs you someth...
737K 19.3K 34
> * * * When her ex-boyfriend broke things off after finding out she's pregnant, what's a girl to do? She get scared, packed her things and left. Bu...
16.2K 436 26
#1 in Passionate #1 in Romcom #1 in Interesting [A CLICHE MAFIAN/CEO ROMANCE, OR IS IT REALLY?] ● Cover picture is taken from Pinterest, credit to...
4.6K 838 10
In a world where he's never been on receiving side, she gives him everything by her love. He is hard to love, but she loves him like breathing. *** "...