Come Back, Be Here (Camren)

ddamaged द्वारा

Lauren and Camila are happily married, but a year into their marriage, a tragic event forces one of the brune... अधिक

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Chapter 51
Chapter 52
Chapter 53
Chapter 54
Chapter 55
Chapter 56
Chapter 57
Chapter 58
Chapter 59
Chapter 60
Chapter 61
Chapter 63
Chapter 64
Chapter 65
Chapter 66
Chapter 67
Chapter 68
Epilogue

Chapter 62

7.5K 261 74
ddamaged द्वारा

"I can't breathe." Camila panics as she stands in front of the full length mirror.

"Let me just remind you that you've already done this once, Chanch. So you're basically a pro when it comes to weddings." Dinah finishes zipping up her best friend's white dress. When she gets the zipper all the way to the top, she smooths out the dress and then gives Camila's shoulders a light squeeze. "You look absolutely beautiful, Walz. I just want to let you know that I feel honored that I get to stand by your side and watch you marry the love of your life." The Polynesian wipes at the tears that are starting to spill from her eyes. When Camila sees her best friend crying in the reflection of the mirror, she quickly turns around to face her.

"Fucking hell why did I even put on any make up." She chuckles as she reaches up to wipe away Dinah's tears before wiping her own. "Having you by my side on my wedding day is the greatest blessing. Even when I couldn't remember Lauren, you helped me remember. You never gave up on us. You guided me back into her arms and for that, I am eternally indebted to you." Camila grabs her best friend's hands and brings them both up to her lips so she can plant a kiss to the back of her hands.

"Just repay me by having cute little Camren children that I can spoil endlessly." The blonde gives Camila's hands 3 light squeezes. Her way of saying 'I love you.' The Latina smiles softly before nodding her head, silently promising her best friend that there will be children in the future.

And she has every intention of keeping that promise. She wants everything with Lauren. The little red brick house that sits behind the white picket fence. The two car garage that holds their black Charger and a spiffed up mini van that they will use to take their beautiful kids to practices and plays and school events. The backyard that will be furnished with wooden chairs made by Mr. Mike Jauregui himself and Camila will sit in them, sip her lemonade, and watch as Lauren chases their kids around the yard.

A knock at the door breaks her from her thoughts and she watches as Normani enters the room. The dark skinned girl is matching her wife, both of them sporting elegant bridesmaid dresses.

"The ceremony is starting." Normani informs them both and this makes Camila's hands start sweating even more than they already were. "You look beautiful, Mila." She offers the bride a smile before shutting the door back.

"Um excuse me? What about me?" Dinah yells as soon as her wife exits the room. Seconds later, the door reopens and Normani sticks her head in.

"You look like a million bucks, baby." The dark skinned girl sends her wife a wink before closing the door again.

"Mmhm that's what I thought." Dinah retorts. "Now let's go make my favorite green-eyed girl's jaw hit the floor." The Polynesian loops her arm around Camila's and guides her out of the room. As soon as they get to the wooden door of the chapel, both girls stop in front of it. Camila takes a deep breath before turning to her best friend with wide eyes.

"I don't have anyone to walk me down the aisle." Camila tells Dinah sadly. "I've been so busy planning everything else that I didn't even remember that someone has to walk me down the aisle." The bride rambles and the Polynesian just tightens her grip on her arm and patiently waits for her to finish. However, when it doesn't seem like the Latina is stopping her nervous rambling anytime soon, Dinah gently places a finger to her lips.

"Yes you do." Dinah simply states. "I'm walking you down that aisle."

Tears well up in Camila's eyes again and she leans in and plants a kiss to her best friend's cheek. When she pulls back, she uses her thumb to wipe the lipstick from the spot she just kissed.

"You, Dinah Jane, are the best maid of honor and best friend that a girl could ask for." She quickly reaches up to wipe the tears from her cheeks and they both let out teary laughs.

"Who fucking let our emotional asses be alone together on your wedding day?" The Polynesian chuckles.

A few seconds later, they hear a violin start playing "A Thousand Years" by Christina Perri.

"That's our cue." Dinah whispers. Camila just nods and grips Dinah's arm tightly as the door to the wedding chapel opens to reveal the entire wedding party, guests, and her drop dead gorgeous bride.

When Camila's eyes meet Lauren's, the whole world around her disappears and suddenly it's just the two of them in the room. With each step Camila takes, she thinks of all the reasons why she loves the green-eyed girl. She watches as a single tear rolls down her wife's cheek as she closes the distance between them.

Of all the reasons she lists in her head of why she loves Lauren, the most important is that she loves Lauren because Lauren loves her unconditionally. She loves her through the good and the bad. She loved her even when Camila couldn't remember her. She loved her enough to put Camila's own life above her own when she chose to send her away just to keep her safe.

There's nothing Camila loves more than the green-eyed girl standing 3 steps away from her.

"I'm so lucky." Camila whispers as she takes the last couple of steps down the aisle.

"She's lucky too." Dinah whispers back and then brings them to a stop when they reach Lauren and the other girls. "Now go marry your girl again." The Polynesian gently untangles her arm from Camila's. She gives her hand a light squeeze before motioning for the girl to go stand in front of her wife. When Camila is in place, Dinah takes her place by Normani.

Lauren holds both hands out in front of her and Camila doesn't hesitate to take the pale hands in her own. The younger Cuban smiles fondly when she feels that Lauren's hands are just as clammy as her own. They are both nervous, but in the best way possible. Camila gives the hands in hers a gentle squeeze to try and calm both of their nerves.

She only tears her eyes away from the captivating green ones in front of her when she hears someone clear their throat beside her. Camila looks to her left to see Ally standing there in an elegant black dress.

"We are gathered here today to celebrate a beautiful love. A love that has overcome many many obstacles and only grew stronger for having gone through those obstacles. A love that we all hope to find someday." Ally smiles at the two girls in front of her. "A love that gives us hope and reminds us that the world is a beautiful place, despite the hardships that we face and the negative things we see happening in our world." The shorter girl takes a breath. "Before we get to the vows, Camila has something she would like to do." Lauren looks at Camila with furrowed eyebrows when she feels her hands slip from her own and watches as the younger Cuban walks away from her. Camila makes her way over to the piano that is situated in the corner of the chapel.

"I've never been good at speaking my feelings. My preferred method of explaining what I am feeling is through music." Camila starts to play a melody on the piano. "There was one particular song that echoed in my thoughts every single time I was with Lauren. The lyrics flooded my mind when I first looked up from my book and my eyes connected with her green eyes for the first time. Those same lyrics replayed over and over in my head every single time I was with her. I have written many many songs for Lauren, but unfortunately I did not write this one. Although I wish I did." Camila chuckles into the mic. "I would always hear people say that you can't help who you love. I didn't know that to be true until I met Lauren. When she walked into that classroom, sat down by me, and introduced herself, I knew I would be hers if she wanted me and I knew I would be hers even if she didn't. Love is a funny thing because you don't choose it, it chooses you. I'm just really glad that love chose Lauren for me because I wouldn't have wanted to fall madly in love with anyone else." Camila looks up from the piano and sets her sights on her beautiful bride. "This one's for you, baby."

Wise men say

Only fools rush in

But I can't help falling in love with you

Shall I stay?

Would it be a sin?

If I can't help falling in love with you

Like a river flows

Surely to the sea

Darling, so it goes

Some things are meant to be

Take my hand

Take my whole life too

For I can't help falling in love with you

Like a river flows

Surely to the sea

Darling, so it goes

Some things are meant to be

Take my hand

Take my whole life, too

For I can't help falling in love with you

When she plays the last note on the piano, she quickly wipes at the tears that have dampened her cheeks and then makes her way back to where Lauren is standing. The green-eyed girl immediately pulls her wife closer and leans down to kiss her. However, before their lips touch a voice interrupts them.

"Not yet, ladies!" Ally shouts and laughter erupts throughout the chapel. Lauren stops herself and decides to plant a kiss on Camila's forehead instead.

"That was beautiful, baby." She whispers.

"Now, onto the vows. Will you both please join hands." Ally asks and the girls do as they're told. Once they recite the vows and make the promises to love and cherish each other for better or worse, for richer or poorer, in sickness and in health, Taylor hands Lauren Camila's ring and Dinah hands Camila Lauren's ring. Once again, they repeat everything Ally says and then they slide the rings onto each other's fingers. Lauren turns back to Taylor once Camila's ring is situated on her left hand. Camila watches in confusion as Taylor hands her sister a bracelet. The brown-eyed girl then watches as Lauren walks to where Sofi is standing.

Lauren gets on her knees in front of the miniature version of her wife.

"I've made my promise to your sister to love and cherish her forever, but now I want to make my promise to you because you are a part of our little family." Lauren smiles at the little Cuban who is sporting a light pink flower girl dress. "So Sofi, I promise to always be there for you. I promise to love and care for you. I promise to always be patient with you and give you the best advice that I can about life and love. I promise to always tuck you in at night until you get to the age where you decide that you are too old to be tucked in and won't let me anymore. I promise to always love you no matter what."

Camila watches the interaction with her hand over her heart and tears in her eyes. Lauren gently takes Sofi's wrist from her side and holds it in her hand. She places the bracelet on her left wrist and then kisses the top of her hand.

Not seconds later, Sofi launches herself into Lauren's arms and the green-eyed girl wraps her up in a tight hug. "I love you Lolo. So much." The younger girl whispers as tears run down her cheeks.

There is not a dry eye in the entire chapel and Lauren can hear sniffles coming from all around her as she releases Sofi from the hug and walks to stand in front of her wife again.

"I fucking love you more and more each and every day." Camila whispers once Lauren is standing in front of her again. The green-eyed girl just grabs her wife's hands in hers again and gives them a squeeze.

"By the power vested in me by the State of Florida, I now pronounce you wife and wife. Now you may kiss." Ally wipes the tears away from her cheeks as she watches the two newlyweds kiss. "I present to you Mrs. and Mrs. Cabello-Jauregui!"

Everyone stands to their feet and claps as the couple walks down the aisle and out of the chapel.

Camila and Lauren decided to have the reception at Ally's restaurant considering it's fairly big and free. The two brides spend a lot of time at the reception talking with friends and family. They are all smiles until someone from Lauren's past shows up.

"What are you doing here?" Lauren clenches her jaw.

"Laur, I-" Keana starts to explain.

"I invited her." Camila chimes in and Lauren turns to her with confused eyes. "What happened in LA was not her fault, baby. She couldn't have known her friend would do something so horrible." Camila leans in and kisses her wife on the cheek. "I'm going to give you two some time alone."

Lauren nods and Camila walks to where Lauren's family is sitting. She spends the next half hour listening to Clara gush about how she cannot wait to be a grandmother. Camila can't help but smile at the thought of starting a family with Lauren.

"Whatcha smiling about, baby?" She hears a husky voice whisper in her ear.

"Just thinking about our future." Camila answers as Lauren sits down in the chair beside her. "Did you two work everything out?" The younger Latina nods her head in Keana's direction.

"We did. It's going to take some time before we are back to normal, but I think we can be close friends again eventually." Lauren smiles as she leans in and plants a kiss to her wife's button nose.

"I'm glad, Lo. Life's too short to hold grudges." Camila voices her thoughts. Before Lauren can reply, she hears the sound of a very familiar song fill her ears.

"Camren, it's time for your first dance. So get your Cuban butts out on that dance floor right now." They both hear the Polynesian announce in the microphone.

So I heard you found somebody else.

"What kind of first dance song is this?" Clara asks before they get up from the table. Lauren looks over at her with a grin on her face.

"It's our song." The green-eyed girl shrugs before making eye contact with Camila again. "C'mon baby, let's go dance."

The two brides walk out to the middle of the makeshift dance floor which is in the middle of the restaurant. Camila wraps her arms around Lauren's neck while Lauren's hands find Camila's hips.

"The 1975." Camila says as a smile makes it's way across her face when the memory of their first date replays in her mind.

"Best concert I've ever been to." Lauren smiles as she remembers their first date and first kiss.

"It only took the first date for me to realize that I never wanted to share you with somebody else." The younger Latina hovers her lips over her wife's.

"If I remember correctly, at the beginning of the date you were pretty adamant about having a threesome." Lauren whispers against Camila's lips and the younger Cuban lets out a chuckle before leaning in and capturing Lauren's lips in her own.

The sparks, the butterflies, and the fireworks are all still there.

Even after all these years, both girls still feel every emotion, all at once, when their lips touch.

And they both know that 50 years from now, the sparks, the butterflies, and the fireworks will still be there.

पढ़ना जारी रखें

आपको ये भी पसंदे आएँगी

383K 7.7K 34
Lauren Jauregui and Camila Cabello have been friends for as long as they can remember. Along with their friends Ally, Dinah, and Normani- they face t...
90.7K 2.1K 24
School starts up again and Camila, Dinah, Ally, and Normani are four best friends. They meet a new girl Lauren Jauregui and Camila really thinks she'...
63.2K 1.5K 4
Camila and Lauren love each other but don't know how to deal with it (mostly Lauren though). Best friends to lovers AU ...
66.3K 1.5K 28
An Alternate universe: Normani is a single mom to a two year old, Ally, her best friends are Dinah Jane and Lauren, and they all live in Atlanta. T...