It Takes Two✔️

By angel48183

Zane Masterson is the quiet, introverted, bad boy parents warn their daughters to stay away from. Marigold P... More

The bad boy
The library incident
Opening the book
You belong to me
The challenge
Two can play at that game
You're an *ss!
I've got an idea
The party
Why didn't you tell me
Dance with me: A Homecoming Chapter
You're a putz
Living arrangements
I can't believe he shot me!
Recovery
Forgive me
Did you?
It's fun to tease, sort of
Christmas time
Returning to trouble
Things get heated
You got a problem, I got a solution
You should have stayed gone
You are mine
Washington DC here we come
Washington DC part 2: locked in a museum
Someone always has to try and ruin things
Sun, Disneyworld and us: A Spring Break Chapter
Our Prom
Finals and Graduation
Time Jump: 5 years later

My Valentine is freaking crazy!

6.8K 317 126
By angel48183

Valentine's Day was coming up, and Zane wanted to do something romantic, which scared me because he's never done as he puts it, sentimental crap, before.

One can only imagine what he has planned.

I woke up to find my room filled with dozens and dozens of roses, teddy bears, balloons, and candy. What in the world?

I got up and walked over to a big ass teddy bear, and attached was a card. I opened it up to see what it read.

Goldie,

The boys gave me some tips since well, you know, I don't do romantic crap. But since you make me want to be passionate and all that shit, I thought, why not. So, I wasn't sure how this works. I hope you like the gifts. Also, I'm taking you out tonight, so look hot.

Love
Zaney Pooh

Was my boyfriend romantic? I was beginning to wonder. Look hot? Like how the hell do you look sexy for someone? Precisely what does hot entail? I'll call Bri and Gema and have them help me.

After hanging up the phone, I had to navigate my way out of my room. Note to self; I need to have a talk with Zane about overdoing it a bit.

I went downstairs, and mom was making breakfast while dad was reading the paper. I took a seat at the table, "so, did you know Zane caused my room to puke up romantic gifts?"

"And you're complaining," mom asked me.

"Well, no, but a simple flower and card would have been fine," I shrugged.

"Mari, here is a piece of advice, suck it up."

"That's interesting advice, mom," I rolled my eyes.

"Well, it's true. The minute you complain, the guy quits doing or helping you like someone else I know," she said, giving dad the evil eye.

He rolled his eyes, "Well, maybe you shouldn't complain, and I would do more."

She walked over and smacked him upside the back of the head, then went back to cooking. My parents were exciting people. A bit violent but exciting.

"Can I ask you both something?"

"As long as this has nothing to do with womanly things, go ahead," dad said.

"First, eww. Second, no."

"Then I'm all ears," he said.

"Do you think it's weird Zane and I being together? I mean, I'm not exactly popular or the bad girl type, and he has this reputation," I said to him.

"Do you think it's weird?"

"Well, no," I said, confused.

"Mari, when you see Zane, what do you see?"

"I see this kind, sweet guy who loves to read and loves to write the most beautiful poetry. I see how shy he can be but yet be so tender. I see how deeply he loves and cares. I see someone who is confident but at the same time scared," I said to him.

"Then that's who Zane is. Let me show you something." He reached into his back pocket and pulled out his wallet. Then he pulled out a picture and handed it to me.

I looked at the photo then at dad, "Is this you?"

"Yep. That's your mom and me. Your grandfather was not happy when she brought me home. He said either I go, or she has no home."

"Grandpa kicked mom out of the house?" I said, a bit surprised.

"Yep, all because he was some stodgy old man who judged everyone by how they looked. It didn't matter; I never hurt anyone or did well in school. What matters was the fact I wore a leather coat, had tats, and drove a bike. The truth is, Mari, Zane may seem a bit rough, but I think it's because he hasn't had the best influence," dad explained. I had to agree with him on that point.

Mom handed me a plate of food and I ate plus took my meds. Then Bri and Gema cake over to help me get ready. They saw my room.

"Whoa, did cupid throw up in here or something," Gema asked.

"No, Zane decided to go a little overboard," I said.

"You got to admit this is pretty romantic," Bri said.

I looked around and moved, tripping over a teddy bear and landing on others, "it's romantic alright, even if I break my neck the process. Get me up!"

It buried me in bears. They tried to help and tripped and fell themselves. As we tried to get up, we kept falling. It was like a damn moonwalk at a carnival.

Then I heard someone at my door, chuckling.

"Zane! I'm going to hurt you!"

"Having fun?"

"Does it look like I'm having fun!" I slipped and fell, "ack!"

Dakota and Beau walked in and helped Bri and Gema.

"Nothing like going a bit overboard, dude," Dakota said.

Zane shrugged.

They got Bri and Gema out of the mess of teddy bears, and Zane walked in and picked me up. He held me in his arms, "my hero," I said to him.

"Your hero," he smirked before kissing me.

He set me down, and the girls pushed the three of them out of the room and slammed the door.

"What the hell," Beau yelled.

"We have to get Mari ready, and you better have my churros!"

"Yes, ma'am," he said as they left.

"Now let's make you hot," Gema said with a grinned. Oh dear.

********
Zane's POV

I went to clean up and get changed. I pulled out a suit and started dressing. I pulled on the dress shirt and buttoned it, then tied a tie before pulling on my suit coat.

I knew to dump all that stuff in Goldie's room would keep her distracted so that I could set everything up. I fixed my hair and looked in the mirror.

Then I decided to skip the tie and suit coat. It wasn't me. I undid a couple of buttons and pulled on my leather jacket.

I opened my door at the same time as Goldie did. She took my breath away.

She dressed in a simple dress, and her hair flowed loosely upon her shoulders. Simple yet beautiful.

I walked over and leaned in, giving her a soft kiss on the lips then took her hand in mine, leading her out of the house.

From there, we went to our first stop, dinner. We walked up to a door, and I knocked. The door opened, and we went inside. The person led us to a room next to a fireplace.

I pulled out her chair, and she sat, then I took a seat. The person returned with food and set plates in front of us. We thanked them and started eating.

"How come we're the only ones here?"

"Because I arranged for us to be here alone," I said.

She looked at me, "relax, Goldie; I called in a favor."

"Oh."

We ate and talked then after dinner; I paid the bill. Then we went to our next destination. I pulled up to a small cottage and got out. She followed as I opened the door and flicked on the switch.

She walked in and looked around.

I stood there as she walked around, then went into the bathroom.

She came out and looked at me, "did you do all this?"

I strolled towards her, "I told you when I gave you that promise ring that for you, I would give you hearts and flowers but only for you."

She looked at me a bit of a surprise.

I wrapped my arms around her, "Goldie, you're the only one that makes me feel like this. You're the only one I want to do these things for because I love you so much."

"I love you too, Zane," she said as I leaned down and kissed her. Then I picked her up bridal style and carried her to the bed. From there, I made love to her. I wanted her to have a fantastic Valentine's Day.

When we finished, I propped myself up and ran my finger over her scar. I still couldn't believe she had a new heart and was here with me. That is what made Valentine's Day so special for me; she was here to share it with me.

I laid down and pulled her into my arms. She cuddled into me. We drifted off to sleep. I could do this hearts and flowers deal. It wasn't so bad. It's even better when you have someone you love to do it for, that's what makes it worthwhile.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

191K 8.6K 44
Harper Dale has finally gotten her life together and she couldn't be any happier... Until someone from Andrew's past makes a sudden reappearance and...
456K 11.9K 29
"Jace Jenson. He's the school bad boy, the type of person who can make your life a living hell if you just so much as look at him wrong. And he just...
45.6K 2.7K 38
Carrington Jones grew up with seven brothers and sisters. Out of the siblings, he has a happy-go-lucky attitude and a tender heart, which sets him ap...
532K 8.2K 52
Cove Bentley. River Smith. Two complete opposites. While Cove has lots of friends, a great personality and an innocent aurora; River is cold, reserve...