The Bad Boy Stole My Notebook

By Miles11011

Lilah is the plain, simple girl that no one notices. She's just another face in the crowd, nothing more. Her... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Epilogue
AUTHOR'S NOTE

Chapter 23

352K 16.1K 9.3K
By Miles11011

Reece was kissing me. 

I was shocked at first, but I didn't pull away, and I felt  my eyes flutter closed. His lips were soft and gentle. It was a strange sensation, but it sent me to cloud nine and electricity shot through me like a wild fire. 

When he pulled away, all I could see were the eyes that I loved so much, and a full blown smile that spread across his face.

After a moment or two, my hearing came back to me, and I could hear the crowd clapping for us. I turned around and heard a few select cheers, which I was more than positive were coming from our friends, but I couldn't find them under the harsh stage lights.

I did an awkward, quick bow before letting Reece pull me off stage. 

I honestly felt light headed.

Reece pulled me out into the main lobby where there was no one around before wrapping his arms around my waist. I wasn't exactly sure what to do, so I just stood there numbly as he pulled me close and rested his forehead against my own, desperately hoping he couldn't hear my heart beating rapidly inside my chest.

"Sorry little Lilah, but I couldn't wait any longer," he said, sounding out of breath.

"T-that's ok," I squeaked, then blushed at my own stupid girlishness.

"I tried to tell you so many times but I just couldn't do it, for some reason. You leave me speechless."

leave you speechless?! I can't even talk right now without sounding like a mouse! I thought.

"So, now that I have finally shown you how I feel about you, can I ask you something?"

I nodded, not trusting my voice.

"Will you go out with me?" his eyes flickered across my face before searching my eyes. He bit his lip as I watched doubt cross over his face followed by a look of hopefulness. This only made him look even more adorable which was killing me. 

I nodded again and he smiled. My eyes flickered to his mouth. I wanted him to kiss me again, and my face heated at the thought.

Our heads snapped to the side when we heard a door open down the hallway.

Reece released me but laced his fingers through mine. "Here they come," he whispered before rolling his eyes. He knew as well as I did what was about to happen.

And then Aria and Renee came bounding around the corner with Devon and Carter walking calmly behind.

"So," Renee said with a smirk. "That was some performance."

I mentally face palmed.

"Yeah, um, Lilah? Can we talk to you for a minute?" Aria asked as she bounced up and down.

Way to be conspicuous Aria.

I looked at Devon behind her who winked at me and I sent a playful scowl in his direction.

"Go," Carter said. "Be off with your girlish ways so we can have some bro time," Carter said before he punched Reece in the arm.

I didn't even have time to respond before being whisked away by my insane friends. They dragged me into the bathroom and waited until the door closed completely before letting out two, very loud girlish squeals.

"Guys, stop," I begged. "Please don't make a big deal about this."

"But it IS a big deal!" Aria said excitedly. "He kissed you! In front of everyone!" she said as she hip bumped me playfully.

"SOOO, what was it like?" Renee asked. Then her eyes widened when she seemed to realize something. "Oh my gosh, your first kiss was with Reece Matthews!"

My head was burning now. Did I have a fever? Oh my gosh, what if Reece gave me mono?

Seriously, Lilah, now you are being ridiculous. All of the blood had obviously just rushed to my head from how straightforward my friends were being.

And I felt awkward talking about it. I always thought that once I had my first kiss I would be really excited to tell my best friends. But I just didn't. I wanted to keep it to myself. That way it felt more, intimate.

Besides, they saw it happen. I mean what more could they want?

"Guys, awards are coming up. I need to get back out there," I told them.

"Did he ask you out yet?" Aria asked, competely ignoring me.

My silence and the smile that erupted on my face gave them their answer.

They screamed. Literally holding nothing back. I was tempted to schedule a doctor's appointment for each of them to see if they had damaged their vocal cords.

"Guys, stop screaming!" I shushed. "What if they can hear you?!"

"Who cares?!" Aria replied. "Let the world hear!"

A laugh escaped me but I tried my best to remain serious. "I have to go. You two work on composing yourselves," I said as I walked past them.

"Fine, but we WILL talk about this later!" Renee said just as the door closed.

I came back into the hallway to see Reece casually leaning against the wall. 

I winced. "Oh geez. How much of that did you hear?" 

"Well, I heard the screams and we almost came bursting through the door to check on you," he smirked.

"Sorry," I said as I awkwardly shuffled my feet. "My friends are being over dramatic."

He laughed. "Don't worry. So were mine. In their own, much quieter way."

"Well," I said as I clapped my hands together awkwardly. "We um, we better get back out there," I said as I jerked my thumb over my shoulder.

He simply smiled at me. "Ok."

As we entered backstage, he placed his hand on the small of my back to lead me through the darkness. Even though it was crowded on stage with all of the contestants, I didn't feel crowded at all. 

We stood on stage with the rest of the contestants and Reece took my hand and gave it a reassuring squeeze. 

Reece and I got third place, which was amazing considering Reece was only a beginner. Once they were finished announcing awards everyone dispersed.

Reece sighed. "I'm sorry we didn't win," he said with a trace of guilt.

I smiled up at him. "Honestly, I don't really care," I said and I watched a boyish grin spread across his face.

Reece was just about to lead me off stage when a woman stopped us.

"Hello, my name is Carla Anderson, I'm one of the judges. I just wanted to say that the connection you two have is truly amazing. Are you two a couple?"

I cleared my throat. "Well, um-"

"I actually just asked her out today," Reece said proudly.

Carla's eyes widened. "Wow, up there it seemed as if you two had been together for at least a while. Well, congratulations," she said to me and I blushed at how regal she was being about the whole situation. She turned to Reece. "Now your technique could use a little improvement, but Lilah, right?" I nodded. "Yes, Lilah your technique was flawless. And if you could portray the kind of connection and passion, and weightlessness that you did today in all of your dances, then I would love to watch you grow as a dancer by attending more competitions."

I was literally stunned. "T-thank you," I finally spoke. "Thank you so much."

"I was truly impressed today," she said with a smile. "Keep up the good work," she said before nodding and walking away.

I turned toward Reece who held out a hand for a high five but I hugged him instead. 

"Thanks for doing this for me," I told him.

"Any time little Lilah," I smiled at the nickname that I had once despised but had grown to love.

"Well," Carter said as he hobbled up to us. "I guess I can finally take this off," he said as he removed his cast and tossed the crutches.

"What-?"

"Your welcome," he interrupted me.

"He faked it the entire time," Reece explained.

"Wait, you knew?" I questioned him.

He shook his head. "No, I actually found out in the hallway five minutes ago."

"But why would you-?"

"I had to help a brother out."

Reece face palmed his forehead. "You idiot," he muttered.

"Awww, was Reece a little nervous?" I cooed.

Everyone laughed. 

"Alright, why don't we all go and celebrate?" Aria suggested.

We all nodded and headed off.

**********************

We all had dinner together at Macados, where I told everyone the full story about when Reece and I had come here together and how the old waitress gave him her number and how I totally beat him in that eating contest. Well all laughed and had a great time. It was interesting to think that a little over a month before, our groups had never even spoken to one another. And yet here we were, telling jokes and teasing each other around the dinner table.

They all chipped in to buy me a big bouquet of roses. My favorite.

And I almost died laughing when Carter tried to put one in Reece's hair.

But alas, like all good things, the night did come to an end.

Reece walked me to my car, once we all left the restaurant. Once I reached it I turned around and smiled.

"Well, here we are," I said stupidly as I awkwardly patted my car.

Reece smiled again. "I know," he said as he took a step closer to me.

He placed his hands on my car on either side of me. His arms trapping me in like he used to do all of the time when he was trying to be intimidating. But now it just felt different.

"So," he began in a husky voice. "I know the first time I kissed you was kind of a surprise, and since I really want to kiss you again, I thought that I should ask you this time," he explained.

"Ok," I responded, my entire body feeling like goo. Alright knees, do your job to keep me standing for a few more minutes, and then you can give out, I promise.

"So, can I kiss you Lilah?" he asked, his face merely inches away.

"Yes," I said with a steady voice.

And he did. And it was even better than the first time.

"Oh, I have something for you," he said once he broke away. He pulled out my notebook. "There is no reason for me to keep this any longer," he said once he handed it over to me. "I would say sorry for taking it and reading it, but I'm not going to because it gave me the chance to know you."

I smiled. "I'm kind of glad you stole it too," I admitted.

And I was. Having the bad boy steal my notebook wasn't so bad after all.

The End

**************************

ALRIGHT. YES that is the ending. PLEASE DON'T HATE ME EVERYONE. If it helps, there WILL be an epilogue. I know I had originally promised that this story was going to be a little longer, but honestly, this story has run its course. I have no where else to take it. So now I will be spending my time working on my new story 'It's Just A Camping Trip'.

Which you guys should TOTALLY check out, because when I read this story over I realize it is not as funny as I had originally intended it to be, so I am bringing the humor up in this next story. So please give it a chance!

Again, THERE WILL BE AN EPILOGUE.

Comment, vote, please don't hate me. VOTE! :)

Thanks for reading!

THANK YOU SO MUCH MAYMANIAC FOR MAKING THE BEAUTIFULLL COVER!!! I absolutely LOVE it. :)

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

2.9K 57 24
"What are you trying to say?" I asked, looking over at him. A small smile playing on my lips. "I'm trying to say that you are perfect the way you are...
794 57 30
Scarlet just wants to be left alone and finish high school as she moved away from her home. People at her old school saw her as odd and she only had...
823K 24.5K 68
"He's lucky I let him live!" He kicks the chair he was sitting on, "I can't stand the thought of anyone hurting you." He takes slow steady steps towa...
3.5K 92 29
COMPLETEDâś… Two high school teenagers finding themselves, analyzing this ever changing world, and building love. This is the type of love you wish you...