Chapter 12

I planned my day to be pretty straight forward. Find out what Reece wanted from me so I could get the notebook back, and apologize to Aria. 

As I walked into the building, I walked over to where we usually meet in the mornings. Aria's back was to me as she leaned up against the wall talking to Renee. 

"Hey guys," I said once I reached them. I glanced at Aria and she wasn't looking at me, but at the floor.

Renee gave me a little nod before looking at Aria as well. It was always so awkward after we fought. And this wasn't even one of our big fights. 

After a few more moments of silence Renee bent down to pick up her things. "Well um, I've got to go to class," she said awkwardly. "I should probably finish that homework that was due today before Mr. Hawks gets there," she said before walking away.

Aria started to gather her things too. Well, better speak up now and make things quick. "I'm sorry I was so bitter yesterday," I said gaining her attention. "I know you're just trying to help," I told her as I played with the strings on my hoodie. "I was just ashamed of myself and when you guys kept looking at me the way you did it made it harder to forget how stupid I was. So, I got a little snappy. And I'm sorry," I finished, looking up at her.

Aria gave me a small smile and wrapped her arms around me. I did the same as she whispered "Just don't do it again, ok?" she said before releasing me.

I nodded. "Ok."

"Now let's go to class," she said cheerfully as she looped her arm through mine.

As we walked through the hallway, I came to an abrupt stop when I saw Reece ahead of me. 

Sucking the face off of some random girl. 

For some reason, I felt a pang in my chest. 

Which was weird, because I don't care what Reece does. 

"You ok?" Aria asked when I had stopped.

I shook the strange feeling off and nodded in their direction. "Yeah, it's just, PDA is seriously getting out of control these days," I said with disgust.

"PDA? That's what's bothering you?" Aria asked skeptically.

I gave her a weird look. "Yeah..?" it sounded like a question.

Aria's lip twitched. As if she were fighting a smile. "Ok, sure."

My eyebrows furrowed. "What?"

"I'll see you at lunch," she said before darting off. 

Well that was strange. I looked back over to where Reece was standing, to find him staring right at me. The girl kept tugging at his shirt to try to gain his attention back.

I quickly looked away and pulled my hood up as I walked past them. 

*****************

The next day after my dance class, I forced myself to stop thinking about school and the notebook and to concentrate on my piece for the competition. 

While I was in the middle of choreographing, Simone tapped on the door. I paused my music and walked over to her. 

"Can I talk to you for a minute?" she asked.

"Sure," I said as I followed her to her desk in the front area. I took a seat opposite from her and focused on regaining my breath. 

"My son showed  me this," she said as she turned her computer screen towards me. I glanced at it to see the video of Carter and I dancing on YouTube. My eyes widened. Oh crap, was she going to fire me? Was I in trouble? Damn it, who even put this on here?!