Chapter 23

Reece was kissing me. 

I was shocked at first, but I didn't pull away, and I felt  my eyes flutter closed. His lips were soft and gentle. It was a strange sensation, but it sent me to cloud nine and electricity shot through me like a wild fire. 

When he pulled away, all I could see were the eyes that I loved so much, and a full blown smile that spread across his face.

After a moment or two, my hearing came back to me, and I could hear the crowd clapping for us. I turned around and heard a few select cheers, which I was more than positive were coming from our friends, but I couldn't find them under the harsh stage lights.

I did an awkward, quick bow before letting Reece pull me off stage. 

I honestly felt light headed.

Reece pulled me out into the main lobby where there was no one around before wrapping his arms around my waist. I wasn't exactly sure what to do, so I just stood there numbly as he pulled me close and rested his forehead against my own, desperately hoping he couldn't hear my heart beating rapidly inside my chest.

"Sorry little Lilah, but I couldn't wait any longer," he said, sounding out of breath.

"T-that's ok," I squeaked, then blushed at my own stupid girlishness.

"I tried to tell you so many times but I just couldn't do it, for some reason. You leave me speechless."

leave you speechless?! I can't even talk right now without sounding like a mouse! I thought.

"So, now that I have finally shown you how I feel about you, can I ask you something?"

I nodded, not trusting my voice.

"Will you go out with me?" his eyes flickered across my face before searching my eyes. He bit his lip as I watched doubt cross over his face followed by a look of hopefulness. This only made him look even more adorable which was killing me. 

I nodded again and he smiled. My eyes flickered to his mouth. I wanted him to kiss me again, and my face heated at the thought.

Our heads snapped to the side when we heard a door open down the hallway.

Reece released me but laced his fingers through mine. "Here they come," he whispered before rolling his eyes. He knew as well as I did what was about to happen.

And then Aria and Renee came bounding around the corner with Devon and Carter walking calmly behind.

"So," Renee said with a smirk. "That was some performance."

I mentally face palmed.

"Yeah, um, Lilah? Can we talk to you for a minute?" Aria asked as she bounced up and down.

Way to be conspicuous Aria.

I looked at Devon behind her who winked at me and I sent a playful scowl in his direction.

"Go," Carter said. "Be off with your girlish ways so we can have some bro time," Carter said before he punched Reece in the arm.

I didn't even have time to respond before being whisked away by my insane friends. They dragged me into the bathroom and waited until the door closed completely before letting out two, very loud girlish squeals.

"Guys, stop," I begged. "Please don't make a big deal about this."

"But it IS a big deal!" Aria said excitedly. "He kissed you! In front of everyone!" she said as she hip bumped me playfully.