Chapter 15

You know, as if I already hadn't had a really weird weekend, I just had to be tackled to the ground first thing Monday morning.

"Guys, I'm fine," I repeated as I continued to rub the back of my head. "I swear I really don't remember much."

"We were so worried! I was about to have a mental breakdown when I saw Reece carrying your lifeless looking, passed out form to the car," Aria said wildly, her hands animating the entire time.

"So what happened when you woke up? How did you feel? Did he take you to the hospital?" Renee questioned. 

So I explained as much as I could before first period started. Their eyes were wide the entire time as I told the story. 

"Wow. Do your parents know?" Aria asked.

I shook my head. "Not even Logan knows and I would prefer it if we kept it that way."

"Duh," Renee said as we headed off to class. 

"So," I said as a smile spread across my face. "How did you two's nights go?" I asked. Aria smiled a bit and blushed while Renee looked like she was trying really hard not to smile. 

Looks like we all had pretty interesting nights.

**************

*Reece's POV*

I was sitting outside against the wall, lost in my own thoughts, enjoying the silence around me. Until Carter came and ruined it, that is.

"How's your hand?" he asked as he plopped down beside me.

I shrugged. "Fine," I said as I looked over the bandages. 

"So, what's the deal with you and Lilah?" he said as he lit a cigarette. 

I groaned. "Gosh, if I knew you came here to bombard me with questions about my feelings, then I would've brought a tub of chocolate ice cream and a Taylor Swift album," I said with a roll of my eyes. 

He let out a deep laugh before turning serious again. "Come on, man. I saw how jealous you were when we were performing our dance," he said smugly. 

I snorted. "Whatever. It's just a dance."

"Dude, just ask her out already. Either nut up or shut up."

"Why do you care so much?" I asked him now.

"Because she is changing you for the better. It's like you have more motivation with your life now."

I looked at him as if he grew two heads. "Who the hell are you? Nicolas Sparks?"

"Look man," he said as he threw down his cigarette. "I'm not saying that this girl is perfect and that she is 'the one' or crazy shit like that. All I am saying is, is that when you're around her you stop being that depressed, conflicted kid. So I really don't get why you're avoiding her."

"I'm not avoiding her," I argued. "And I'm not depressed."

He gave me a flat look. "I see you making out with chicks in the hallway all the time. And I know that Devon is the 'observent one', but I'm not an idiot. I KNOW you're not over what happened. I know you still think it was your fault."

I sighed. "Whatever. I don't really want to talk about this."

He shook his head and stood up. "You need some happiness in your life, Reece. Don't be stupid and miss out on your chance," he said as he walked away.

I sighed and crossed my arms. After that talk I couldn't really tell if Carter was the mental one or if I was.