Monsters ↠ Liam Dunbar

By poseytive

❝Sometimes monsters get tired of hiding under the bed, so they'll climb into your head.❞ [ season 4 ] [ am... More

Monsters ↦ Teen Wolf
0. Wren Queen of Awkwardness
2. The Wacko's Murdering Device
3. The Train-Wreck of Wren Sommers.
4. Derek-Tactics.
5. Subtle Stiles
6. Spongebob's cute little giggle
7. The art of baking cookies.
8. The Desert Mama
9. Blame it on the wind
10. Darn that boy.
11. Just close your eyes.
I G N O R E
12. I just really need a hug.
13. It's okay not to be okay.
14. Mason and Wren: Teen Spies.
15. break too quickly.
16. Peter the Jackass.
17. we were all in Mexico
18. Stiam [ epilogue ]

1. Call me Tomato-Head.

65.7K 1.6K 2.8K
By poseytive

01 // Call me Tomato-Head.

W r e n

Watching the lacrosse trials only made me realise one thing; God I was unfit.

I was tired just looking at them doing countless physical drills. The coach was, basically, a complete dick. He made them run a million laps, and then yelled insults at the poor kids. One guy, a junior, I think his name was Miles or something, basically collapsed at the end and his friend had to help carry him off; the poor guy. The only one who didn't seem to be struggling in the least was Liam.

To put it simply; he was incredible at Lacrosse. I swear, I've never seen anyone move that quickly and with such grace. Well, as much grace as a lacrosse player can have. I don't even think I saw him break a sweat, and when they were allowed a little rest, there Liam was doing push ups! Every now and then he'd stop and look over at me, waving. A few times he winked, and I could actually feel my face heating up.

These two girls not too far away from me, sat on a higher bench, were talking about 'something' that wasn't much of a thing. Strangely enough, when I looked over to the two, one with brown hair pulled into a small plait made me shiver. I felt like a should know her, and it was a weird feeling to say the least. She looked somewhat familiar, but I just couldn't put my finger on it.

Out on the field, one poor guy struggling, Miles, shot the ball straight into the goalie's stick. To me, it was actually an okay shot, but the aim could have been better, obviously. Liam stifled a laugh, and the guy, trying to look tough, shoulder bumped him, glaring. Liam shook his head, laughing, and half of me couldn't really blame him. The guy was pretty amusing. It was Liam's turn now, and I was interested to see if he was as good on the field as he was in goals.

He was.

Liam shot the ball right into the net before the goalie could even process what was happening. I stood up and cheered, just like most in the stands. Liam looked over at me, and smiled. I grinned as he walked to the back of the line. Shot after shot he made it in, straight past the goalie.

The next drill, Miles and some other junior, the captain last year, had to defend the goal. Surprisingly, they had managed to stop everyone so far, while the Coach yelled proudly. When it was Liam's turn I got nervous, biting my lip. A freshman up against two juniors? That's a little rough. Yet, he still managed to amaze me, getting past both of them and flinging the ball straight into the net. I stood up, cheering for him as the two girls behind me sighed dramatically.

The girl who I think I should know but don't really stood up, yelling to the coach. "That was luck!"

She was obviously a friend of the two boys, because that was far from just 'luck'. Was she even watching? Liam had skills. Though, she continued to roar at the coach. "Do-over!"

"Sweetheart, there are no do-overs. This is practise," the coach laughed.

The girl glared at him. "Ten bucks on Scott and Stiles."

Oh, Stiles. Eh, I like Miles better.

The coach pointed at her, saying, "I'll take that action." Turning his head back to the field, he yelled at Liam. "Hey, hey! Get back in there, Liam!"

The two juniors shook their heads, getting themselves ready again, as did Liam. Just as he was about to run he turned his head and winked at me through his helmet, and for the millionth time today, I felt like a tomato. Just go ahead and call me Tomato-Head.

I subconsciously moved forward in my seat, inching closer to the field, as I watched in anticipation, yet again. Liam dug his foot into the dirt to prepare himself before picking up the ball with his stick and began running foreword. I almost couldn't bare to watch, yet I couldn't bring myself to turn away either, watching as Liam got past the first boy swiftly and easily, but when it came to the second one, Scott, my breath hitched in my throat.

Scott had bent down tactically, causing Liam to fly over him, doing a flip, and landing on his back. I swear I heard a crack. My hand covered my mouth, as the team muttered a series of 'ooh's. I saw Liam's leg bent, badly, realising his foot definitely should not be at that angle. Coach's whistle a dropped, and he stood there in shock for a moment, before literally sprinting to where Liam was lying. "Don't move! Don't touch him!"

Liam was trying to stand, and even from here I could hear him speak, "I'm okay Coach, I'm alright."

Liam groaned as stood up, trying to put pressure on his legs. Seeing that it was failing, Scott and Stiles put his arms around their shoulders, just as Liam yelled out in pain.

I flinched at the sound, and they decided he should be taken to the nurse. As coach agreed for the two juniors to take him, I grabbed my bag and ran across the field. I caught up with them easily, seeing as Liam could barely walk and all. The boy who had been struggling, Stiles, looked at me weirdly. "Who are you?"

I scowled at him, and ignored his question altogether. Instead I turned to Liam, "are you alright?"

He smiled at me, or at least, tried to. "Clumsy, I'm fine. Wipe that worried look off your face."

I bit my lip, not believing him, as Stiles spoke again, with a not-so-nice tone. "We sort of need to get him to the nurse's office, so could you move?" I think it was the weight of carrying Liam that had him on edge, though.

Before I could even reply, Liam spoke. "She stays, or you guys can go."

I fought back a smile, moving out of the way so they could walk ahead.

-

The nurse had inspected it and, even though Liam had continued to argue that it was fine, inquired that we take him to the hospital. I think the two boys felt guilty, because they offered to drive Liam to the hospital, and once again, he made sure I was allowed to come.

And so the stubborn boy, that being Stiles, lead us to his beloved jeep. Scott and I helped Liam into the backseat and I got in with him, as Scott got in front with Stiles driving. Stiles put the keys in and turned the engine on, but before he drove off, he stopped.

Turning in his seat to face me, he pointed his finger. "Before we go, we're gonna have to set some ground rules."

Scott groaned, "Stiles! We sort of need to get to the hospital,"

"Hush, nothing is more important than my jeep," I looked at Liam, and he just shook his head, silently sending me a message. So I stayed silent as Stiles talked. "I'll keep it simple; do not touch anything this car. I don't want you messing it up when I don't even know your name."

I raised my eyebrow, "you don't want me, messing it up?" I gestured to the various empty chip packets, wrappers, and, believe it or not, dirty socks.

Stiles waved his hands spastically, as if having a mental argument as to whether he should reply to that or not. In the end he sighed dramatically, muttering a few incoherent words as he pulled out of the school. I glanced at Liam, who had done the same, and let a small smile form on my lips, trying my hardest to suppress a laugh.

Looking out the window, I muttered, "My name's Wren, by the way."

The ride was silent. Complete and utter nothing-said nothing-moved, silence, and not the comfortable one. It was the awkward kind where you know it might be best if you just said something, but then always decide against it. It didn't help that half of them were complete strangers, and I had only had a few conversations with Liam, other than that I barely knew him, either.

Stiles pulled into the hospital as it was starting to go dark outside, and I knew I needed to get home to cook dinner for dad. Despite my conscience telling me it would be best to go home, I stayed put, next to Liam. As the car stopped in a parking spot, we all got out, the wind breaking our total silence.

The silence continued walking into the brightly lit Beacon Hills Hospital. It had been a while since I've been here, but the plain white walls and uncomfortable chairs were all still familiar. Stiles and I supported Liam as Scott began talking to the lady at the registration desk.

A familiar nurse rounded the corner, interrupting whatever Scott was saying. "Uh, hi mum."

Stiles waved at the nurse, Mrs. McCall, and I instantly spotted the resemblance between the two. I silently hoped that she was annoyed enough at her son for whatever reason that she just wouldn't recognise me. She rolled her eyes, and after they explained the situation, Liam was put into a wheelchair. I began walking over to him, as he smiled at me. "Wren, seriously stop worrying, I'll be fine. And don't stay here if you don't want to. Go home,"

He made a small gesture to the boys, noticing my little dislike for the two. There was just something off about them. I attempted a smile back, but I don't think I succeeded very well, as the nurse began standing up from inspecting Liam's swollen ankle. "Don't worry, we'll take good care of hi - Wren Sommers?"

I stepped back, waving awkwardly. "Hello,"

"It's been a while. The staff misses you - always talking about your positivity through it all," She gave a friendly smile, as she started to wheel a confused Liam in the opposite direction.

I made the mistake of looking back at the two juniors, because Stiles asked at that second, "what did she mea-,"

I didn't let him finish. "None of your business!" I snapped, intending for my voice to be strong, but it was weak and shaky, as I stormed off in the direction Melissa had taken Liam.

-

I found the right room, finally, as a doctor was inspecting Liam's ankle. "It's broken, isn't it?" He asked.

The look in Liam's eye when he said it actually made me want to hug him, because he'd made it sound like it was the end of the world. Though, to him, I guess it was. You don't become as brilliant as he is at Lacrosse without a lot of dedication and hard work, and I know Liam really loved the game.

"It's definitely going to need an x-ray," the doctor said, nodding along with his words. I still couldn't see his face, from the angle i was standing.

Liam sighed. "It's broken and it's my fault,"

I didn't want to disturb the Doctor and Liam, knowing they probably had much to discuss, so I turned a bit from the doorway, and saw Scott. I knew he was guilty, the look in his eye told me that much, but I still couldn't shake a weird feeling I get from him. It wasn't like the girl in the stands, this one was strange, and much stronger, too.

It made me feel bad, knowing that I could still hear the voices inside; like I was invading something private. So I moved away from the door a bit, but the opposite way from Scott. I didn't intend for it to be rude, but it made him look at me weirdly. It might sound really strange, but I think he can sense the off feeling, too.

The doctor walked outside as I was leaning against the wall next to the door. At first he didn't notice me nor Scott, but then he turned around, so he was facing me. "Miss Sommers?"

I looked up, recognising the man as I nodded, smiling. "Hey Doc,"

"I've got to get back to work, but you should definitely come visit more often again. I think the staff needs you to brighten their day more regularly," he smiled, before turning and leaving, without giving me the chance to reply.

Scott's phone vibrated, as I decided I should go in and see Liam. He was playing with his fingers when I walked into the dimly lit room, and he only looked up as I reached his bedside.

"Hey," for some reason, seeing me made a smile suddenly appear on his face, "you didn't go home,"

I laughed. "I'm sort of without a ride, and my bike's still at school so, it looks like you're stuck with me."

A laugh escaped his lips as he shook his head. "So, care to tell me how you're on a nickname basis with my step-dad?"

I'd sat down at the chair beside him when he finished his sentence, and my jaw literally dropped to the floor. "Doc's your dad?"

"Step-dad, but yeah," Liam said, adding a little laugh at the end.

"Oh, well, uh, I used to have to come here a lot. When I was younger I-,"

"Did you hear that?" Liam asked, sitting up in his bed abruptly. I had heard it; a woman's scream.

"Hold on, I'm gonna check it out," he stepped out onto the floor, and limped to the door.

"Liam, I don't think you should be walking on tha-,"

"Hey! Did anyone hear that?" Liam shouted into the halls, ignoring me. I rushed out to him as he muttered, "I heard someone,"

He looked down the hall, and I followed his gaze. My eyes widened at the teenage boy walking towards us. His white shirt was soaked in blood, his teeth looked sharper than razors, not to mention there were twice as many filling his mouth than any normal human should have. And the worst part?

He didn't look the least bit unfamiliar.

I'd seen him before. He was a reoccurring guest in my 'visions', haunting me every night. I let a mangled gasp escape my lips as Liam pulled me backwards, behind him. But I pushed myself in front of him; he was the injured one, not me.

The creature came close, and I could feel his disgusting breath breathing onto my cheek as I looked to the side. He did the unthinkable next, he moved away from me, just like that. The boy didn't even spare me a second glance, as a growl sounded from him, and he went for Liam, tackling him.

-

I was scared.

My nightmares were supposed to be just that; nightmares. The creatures were weren't supposed to be real, and the only time I should see them is when I close my eyes at night. But I knew I was wide awake, and the boy had taken Liam - the one person who might have actually wanted to talk to me.

So I ran. I ran down the hall where they had disappeared to, and up the stairs where blood smeared the walls. I think I heard someone behind me, but I didn't care, and it certainly didn't matter to me right now. I could only focus on Liam, as his yells filled my ears.

I opened the door leading to the roof, and ran out into the cold night, hearing the door slam shut behind me. I spotted him instantly. There Liam was, being held right on the edge of the building, inches away from falling off. I held my breath as Liam struggled out of the strong captor's grasp.

"Get back! Don't move," he yelled as I stepped backwards, walking right into someone. I turned quickly to see Scott. Only, it wasn't really him, he had grown hair on the side of his face, fangs were protruding from his mouth, his ears were so pointy it looked like they could break skin, and his eyes were glowing red.

Just like in my dreams.

He pushed me to the side gently, and stepped closer to the edge. "You don't have to do this. Whatever this is, whatever you are, we can help you."

We?

"No, you can't!" I saw the tiniest of movement lead Liam closer to the edge. One wrong movement would push them both off.

"Let me help you," Scott said reassuringly, as if helping this cold-blooded creature was possible.

"Wendigos don't need help - we need food!" The - Wendigo? - yelled, but I kept my sights focused on Liam. There had to be a way to get him down. But as the creature finished his roar of a speech, he pushed Liam's back, and turned him so they were face-to-face.

I sucked in a breath as Liam struggled to fight back, but the supernatural boy was way too strong. And then the Wendigo pushed Liam, and I felt like it was all in slow motion as he fell off the edge. I felt only a small amount of relief as I saw his fingers struggling to keep himself up over the edge of the building, but then Scott literally leaped from where I stood in shock to the boy, closing the distance in an inhuman-like way.

Scott and I both had the same idea, running to the edge and trying to pull Liam up, one arm each. Just as i thought we were getting somewhere, I felt something pull me back roughly, and my view of Liam had disappeared.

"Stay out of this, Wit-,"

"I can't hold on!" I heard Liam yell, as the creature's eyes glowed a bright white. There was no emotion, nothing, just white. But then they changed back to a normal, dark colour, and blood spurted from his mouth. He fell backwards, and as Liam's screams filled the air, I almost felt pity for boy in front of me, because he looked nothing more than that; a boy, brutally murdered. I looked up, as an axe went through his back once more, and saw it belonged to a dark clothed man. He would've seemed like your normal, everyday axe-murderer, yet, aside from the cold eyes, where his mouth should be, there wasn't, just more, pale skin.

Another haunting creature from my dreams.

He raised a gloved finger to where his lips should be, silencing us, before disappearing around the corner. Looking back, I saw Scott looking in the direction of where the creepy man had disappeared to, and I looked past him to see Liam scrambled back, leaning against a concrete block. Without even thinking, I ran over to where he was cradling his arm, blood spilling from the wound.

I knew without questioning it that Scott had done this, whatever he is. There was blood on his mouth, but I don't think he wanted to intentionally hurt Liam. He did it to save his life.

Crouching down, onto my knees, next to Liam, I inspected his arm. The teeth marks were visible, and he was in definite pain. I knew he wasn't, but I still felt I should break the silence somehow, and say something. "Are you alright?"

"Perfect. But I do have a question, for you," I looked up, into his eyes. Confused as to what he said through heavy breaths.

"Why the hell did it look like that creep knew you?"

-

Episode 1 !

I've really loved writing this, and can't wait for the next episode! So comment what you think, and vote if you enjoyed!

Wren's 'visions' are pretty messed up, huh? And what do you think she is? The Wendigo almost let it slip, did you notice? And Liam is just so cute :)

Kat, xoxo

Disclaimer: obviously, I only own Teen Wolf in my dreams. I own Wren and any other additional characters and plot lines, though.

[Credit to cacophiliac for this amazing cover !]

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

71.4K 2.1K 17
Shouto Todoroki, a perfect student. The one where no one talks to yet massively adored by others. Him wanting to focus on school was the only thing h...
5.2K 134 6
•❅───✧❅✦❅✧───❅• Y/n L/n, works as an assistant for the one and only Radio Demon. But unlike her boss she's more serious, often shown with an empty an...
1.5M 49.4K 66
In which the reader from our universe gets added to the UA staff chat For reasons the humor will be the same in both dimensions Dark Humor- Read at...
317K 8.9K 56
"did you see the flares in the sky? were you blinded by the light?" ───────── ( © montygreens ) ( the 100 ) ( season 1 - 2 ) ( bellamy blake x oc...