Love Letters and Literature

By MissMaven

Sophia Lane is the queen of oversized sweaters and perfectly brewed cups of coffee. She's beautiful and delic... More

Cast and Notes
Soy Milk and Two Sugars (Edited)
Old Books and Liquid Courage (Edited)
One Dance and Two Mistakes (Edited)
Chapter 3.5 - Thomas's Perspective (Edited)
First Day And First Encounter (Edited)
A Night alone and Trying Something New (Edited)
Phone Numbers and Jealousy
A Lot of Flirting and Something Unexpected
Familiar Streets and Deciding
Love and Loss
Cruel Irony and Tender Moments
A Little Time and Roses
Clingy and Curious
Plane Rides and Wet Dreams
Show Time and Apologizing
Truth and Heartfelt Lies
Questions, Confessions, and Nirvana
Snow Blizzards and White Sheets
Delays, Dickhead, and Duke
Spilled Beans and Bestfriend Duties
New Friend and Old Enemy
Breaking Barriers and Bodies
Unrequited Love and Car talks
Explanations and Elightenment
A Story and A promise
*Bonus Chapter*
Three Women and Three Secrets
Clearing The Air and Something Fun
The Librarian and A Text
Mistakes and Pretending
Caught and Ultimatums
Quick Thinking and Falling Apart
Two hours ago...
Battered and Broken
True Feelings and Coming Clean
A Big Surprise and Moving Forward
New Years and Old Truth
Contractions and Hope
Stroke of Midnight and Promises
Happy Family and Bundles of Joy
Planning and Hotel Rooms
Meetings and Memories
March 12th
Epilogue
UPDATES AND NOTES
What if...
!!NeWs!!

Frienships and Folly

54.2K 1.7K 503
By MissMaven

"I've got the popcorn, Isaac did you grab the drinks?" I call from the kitchen as I pour two heaping bags of popcorn into an over sized bowl.

"Yup, were all set." He replies, and I walk into my living room to see my friends all sprawled out on my furniture. Fiona and Clara are huddled on my couch with a bunch of blankets like a moat around them.

Isaac is sitting on my love seat with his legs crossed and a pillow over his lap.

"Where am I supposed to sit?" I ask as I set the popcorn down on the coffee table. Fiona and Clara scoot down and adjust their blankets just enough for me to squeeze in next to Clara.

I sit down and they throw some of their warm moat on to my lap, and I can already tell I'll probably fall asleep before this movie is even half way over.

"Hit play, Zac!" Fiona tells Isaac who leans up and grabs the remote off of the coffee table. The movie starts up and we all settle in.

It's crazy to me that sitting in this room are four friends instead of two. It's just been Fiona and I for so long but it seems like just over night our numbers have doubled. Isaac has taken to us so easily. He's smart enough to talk to me about in depth literary concepts but witty enough to keep up with Fiona's sarcastic quips.

He even gets along with Clara though it seems that they don't have a whole lot in common. In fact I just don't think Clara gets along with straight men very much at all. Maybe she's had some past bad experiences. It's none of my business either way.

It takes all of twenty minutes before I hear the subtle snoring of Isaac as his head hangs back on my love seat. Fiona's head has started bobbing and Clara looks like she won't last much longer either.

We're a bunch of twenty something year olds and it's Friday night yet we're about to fall asleep at nine-thirty? I think not!

I lean up and clap my hands loudly.

"Wake the hell up losers!" I shout and everyone starts to come alive. "We're not going down like this! Grab your jackets, we're going dancing!" I add as I hop to my feet. Fiona stretches and Isaac rubs some drool off of his mouth.

"I can't dance," he admits through a groggy version of his voice. "Doesn't matter, you're going with three girls. You don't really need to know how," I argue. He stands up and starts slipping on his shoes "fine but if any dudes hit on me because they think I'm your gay bff it's on you."

Fiona and Clara laugh as they too start to stand up. "Don't knock it till you try it," Clara says with a wink.

"Who are you and what have you done to my best friend?" Fiona asks at my sudden extroverted willingness.

"Blame it on my fantastic sex life!" I joke, making everyone fake gag at my expense.

I offer them my middle finger in response. Having friends is really fun.

We all make ourselves decent and pile into Fiona's car. I send Thomas a text to inform him of the change of plans, not because I have to of course, but because I want to.

Sophia -
Were headed off to The GoodNight for some drinks and dancing. I wish we could be seen together.

Thomas -
Me too, darling, but I actually live near there. Have Fiona drop you off after?

Sophia -
That sounds like an amazing idea, I'll see you in a few hours baby xo

Thomas -
I can't wait. The thought of other men trying to dance with you is making me really want to ... claim what's mine.

I bite my lip, desperately trying to keep the sexual fantasies from ravaging my psyche, but it's proving futile.

I'm going to try to enjoy myself tonight, but all I can really think about is getting into Thomas's bed. I've got it so bad for this man, but my romance novel has never been steamier.

"Wow it's packed in here," Fiona complains as we make our way through the pool of sweaty bodies to the bar.

"What's your poison ladies? It's on me." Isaac offers. "Vodka Cranberry," Clara requests as she grinds against Fiona's crotch, already feeling the music. "Nothin for me," Fiona says "I gotta get us all home safe."

"Proud if you, Fi," Isaac says with a smile then points to me "what Can I get ya Soph?" I think for a moment before saying "make it a whiskey."

Everyone looks at me like I'm a middle aged man but I just roll my eyes. I've never had it before so I want to give it a try. I want to know what Thomas's drink of choice tastes like.

Isaac gives our order to the bartender, a very flamboyant man in a tight white t-shirt that gives Isaac elevator eyes. "Out for a night with the girls?" The bartender asks as he fixes our drinks.

"Uh Yeah, I guess you could say that." Isaac replies, oblivious to the flirtatious undertones in the bartenders voice. "Hands off, tiger, he's mine." I say playfully as I link my arms with Isaacs. The bartender looks dejected but he recovers quickly.

"Well you're a lucky girl, fuck em once for me will ya?" He teases and Isaac proceeds to choke on his own spit. "Oh definitely!" I play along and grab the drinks that have been prepared for us.

"What are you, a dick magnet?" I ask Isaac with a laugh as I distribute our drinks to their rightful owners "Yeah I think so, it always happens. I don't know why. Thanks for claiming me. I think that guy was about to throw me in his car and take me home for dinner."

"More like dessert." Fiona laughs. "God you're so funny baby!" Clara cheers and shoves her boozy tongue down Fiona's throat.

"I think that's our cue to walk away," Isaac says with a disturbed look on his face. "Yeah, I agree."

We both walk away from the lesbian porno happening near the bar then start haphazardly dancing in the middle of the floor.

"Hey, why don't I be your wing man?" I suggest after an awful sip of whiskey.

Why the hell does Thomas drink this?

"Wing man? What do you mean?" Isaac asks after a quick swing of his beer. "I mean pick a pretty girl and I'll help you flirt with her."

Isaac rises an eyebrow at me "how would you be helpful with that exactly?"

I take another sip from my glass.

"I saw a movie once where this totally worked. Just trust me." I beg Isaac who starts laughing.

"Are you already tipsy?" He asks in disbelief.

"Psssh What? No. Me? No." I say with a giggle, but it turns to a pout when Isaac takes my glass from me. "I think you should stick to girly drinks."

"Hey give it back!" I whimper but Isaac shakes his head no. "Professor Crane already challenges his morals to sleep with you at all but I think he'd put his foot down if you were shit faced."

Well when you put it like that.

"Fine, I won't drink but let's still get you a girl. Someone nothing like Kim."

I scan the bar to look for a girl whose both pretty and single. Eventually my eyes fall on a tall hot blonde girl.

"Found one," I say confidently.

"Found one? Why do you get to pick?" He questions scandalously. "Because when you picked you ended up with hoezilla."

"Okay good point." Isaac sighs in defeat.

"Follow me." I instruct Isaac as I start walking towards the blonde girl and her friends.

I turn to face Isaac once we're in ear shot of the girls, and I nod subtly at the tall blonde.

"That one good?" I whisper yell, causing Isaac to double over laughing.

"We're not shopping for produce," he laughs at me but I roll my eyes.

"Get it together Isaac, this is serious." I say with my hands on my hips.

"Fine Fine." He replies "I'm cool. Yes the blonde female human is very appealing to me."

"Good, now follow my lead."

I take a moment to get into character before stating very loudly "I'm sorry Isaac but we can't see each other anymore."

"Excuse me?" Isaac asks, barely keeping it together.

"You're a phenomenal lover but my body just can't handle your sexual appetite anymore. You're just too much of a man for me!" I pretend to cry now, and Isaac looks like he's about to pee his pants from holding in his laughter.

"What do you want me to do, Sophia? I have needs!" He manages to play along back.

"Find someone else, Isaac, I'm just not woman enough for you!" I turn and storm off, making sure to walk past the blonde girl whose looking at us in disbelief by now.

"Sorry you had to see that, he's just such an animal in bed. Maybe you'd have a better chance than me since you're just so pretty," I say to her before dramatically storming off.

I make my way towards Fiona and Clara, and when I look back the pretty blonde girl is ferociously flirting with Isaac.

"Holy crap that worked!" I squeal, causing Clara and Fiona to look over at Isaac as well.

"What worked?" Clara asks

"I think I just got Isaac laid," I announce triumphantly.

"Whoa but she's way too pretty for him!" Fiona says with a shocked tone to her voice.

"That, my friends, is the power of sexual intrigue."

We all laugh and dance together for quite a while, and I even give in to the suggestive grinding coming from both Clara and Fiona.

We dance erotically in a circle like we don't have a care in the world, but eventually I feel an unfamiliar groin against my ass.

"Damn baby, you're fucking perfect." A mans voice says from behind me causing me to quickly turn around and create some distance.

"Hey, hands off buddy!" Fiona says, pulling me away from the strange guy who looks like he probably drives a lifted truck and has a tribal tattoo.

"I think doll face can speak for herself, lesbo," the guy says to Fiona. I feel anger boiling over in my stomach.

"Don't touch me and don't talk to my friend like that!" I yell, getting in the mans face.

"Kitty has claws, I like that. You can scratch me all night long pussy cat."

I groan in disgust before turning back to Clara and Fiona. "Let's just get out of here," I suggest.

They agree but as we start walking away the guy grabs my arm and pulls me against his chest.

"Let me fucking go, perv!" I yell and slap him across the face.

Fiona is calling my name from behind me but the large crown has separated us.

The stranger didn't like being slapped so in return he's got me wrapped up in both of his arms, squeezing so tight I can barely breathe.

"Bad move, baby doll." He threatens but before he has a chance to do any damage to me I'm ripped violently from the mans arms.

I notice the smell of my savior before I even get the chance to look at him.

Thomas.

"Get out or I will fucking kill you." Thomas says with an eerie calm in his voice. He's pushed me behind him protectively, but even though I can't see his face I can feel just how I imposing he is right now.

He's strong and masculine and I know now isn't the time, but it's really turning me on.

"Whatever, dude. She's not even worth the trouble." The guy says and I feel Thomas start to move towards him but I grab his arm and pull him back.

"Let's just go," I beg, pulling Thomas around to look at me. As our eyes meet rage softens into concern.

He nods his head and we both start moving towards the exit. Once we're outside we're greeted by Clara and Fiona.

"Oh thank fucking goodness!" Fiona cries as she wraps me in a big hug.

"I'm okay." I promise her, patting her back.

"It's my job to protect you but some fat lady shoved me away. I'm sorry."

"It isn't your job to protect me, Fi. It's peoples jobs to not be perverts," I argue. "But still." She adds dejectedly.

"Thank you, Thomas." Fiona says finally to Thomas and they actually seem to share a moment of mutual trust and understanding.

"Where's Isaac?" I ask and Clara answers this time.

"Him and Blonde girl left like ten minutes ago."

"Well good for him at least," I say with a smile.

Suddenly I feel Thomas's hand clasp with mine. "I'm taking her home with me," He says more than asks and Fiona nods her head. We say goodbye and then Thomas leads me towards his apartment that's in walking distance.

"Why were you here?" I ask him finally and he responds by placing his hand around my waist and squeezing me tightly against his chest.

"I don't want to tell you, but I suppose it's obvious isn't it." He says bitterly. I run my fingers against his jaw where stubble has started to sprout up.

"Tell me," I prompt him, noticing familiar dark circles underneath his eyes and the smell on his breath.

"I was horribly jealous." He admits, embarrassment obvious on his face. I know he doesn't want to be that guy. The one who hates when his girl goes out, but I have a suspicion that these thoughts aren't his own.

"You've been drinking." I state and he locks his jaw. "I suppose I have."

"Why do you drink so much?" I ask, finally brave enough to put it out there. "You were drinking tonight too." He counters but I roll my eyes.

"I drink socially. You drink alone at night."

Thomas releases me and rubs the back of his neck. He grabs my hand and starts pulling me towards his apartment again as he tries to find his words.

"I drink when I'm stressed or when something really bothers me. It numbs the emotions." He offers me as a response.

"It has to do more than that," I counter "I had one glass tonight but Isaac cut me off because it messed me up so effortlessly."

Thomas bites his lip but doesn't speak.

"Do you think you might have a problem?" I ask him, trying to get him to look at me but he doesn't.

"No. I don't have a problem. It isn't an addiction, Sophia. A crutch maybe, but not an addiction." He releases my hand.

I can see the shame spread across Thomas's face like a wild fire so I choose to drop the subject for the evening. He can't fool me though, he definitely has a problem, but if I push too hard I know he's just push back harder.

I grab his hand back and entwine our fingers.

"Well I'm glad you came tonight," I say happily. "You saved me, and you did something else." I say with a teasing grin.

"And what was that?" He asks, turning to face me just outside his door.

"You made me incredibly horny." I say bluntly, the confidence in my words sparking something behind Thomas's eyes.

"Then let me show you just how hungry a man can be when he's jealous." Thomas says with an animalistic growl, grabbing my body and pressing it roughly against his own.

His hands search my curves, grabbing and squeezing everything he lands on.

His lips and tongue hungrily suck at my neck and I can feel the throbbing hardness that's torturing him as it stabs into my stomach.

I moan sharply at his sudden ferocity. I've never left so weak or feminine before in my life.

Thomas kisses up my neck and stops against my ear to whisper seductively against my tender skin.

"Tonight, I'm going to ruin you for any other man for the rest of your life."

To be continued...

***

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

2.7M 69K 100
18+| COMPLETE✔️ "Ali..." He sighed, his breath tickling the skin of Alison's neck. He tucked a strand of hair behind her ear, admiring her beauty, ho...
76K 2K 24
"I am a sick sick man, Lily. I can't stop." He whispers. "Infect me. I want to be sick too. If being sick makes me have you. Then poison me." ~~~~...
1.5M 52.1K 38
"I want to defile you, destroy you, corrupt you in the most sinfully beautiful way. Break you until you're completely mine." "And then?" "Then I'll...
455K 10.7K 40
| COMPLETE | 𝑳𝒐𝒗𝒆 𝒊𝒔 𝒐𝒏𝒆 𝒐𝒇 𝒕𝒉𝒆 𝒐𝒏𝒍𝒚 𝒕𝒉𝒊𝒏𝒈𝒔 𝒘𝒆 𝒅𝒐𝒏'𝒕 𝒉𝒂𝒗𝒆 𝒂𝒏𝒚 𝒌𝒊𝒏𝒅 𝒐𝒇 𝒊𝒏𝒇𝒍𝒖𝒆𝒏𝒄𝒆 𝒐𝒏 𝒊𝒏 𝒐𝒖𝒓...