Fire and Ice (Loki x Reader)

By Cs3ng3

Loki meets the mysterious new member of the Avengers, who turns out to be a Fire Giant from Muspelheim. The... More

Newly arrived
If I told you what I was...
The journey ahead
Muspelheim
Surtur rising
Falling apart
Hear me out
Jotunheim
Broken Ice

Eternal Flame - End

18.4K 641 233
By Cs3ng3

As the two brothers arrived at the Home of the Gods, they immediately marched through the shining rainbow of Bifröst right to the throne room. They didn't care about the bittersweet feeling of returning home, nor about the familiar faces, voices, places. They were on a mission, and nothing could stop them.

Thor single-handedly pushed away anyone who tried to get into their way. Their numbers were small though, because the blond prince had Mjöllnir in his hand, and fire in his eyes and people of Asgard feared him in a moment like this. They knew it's better not to cross his way right now.
Behind him walked the broken, and tortured looking Loki, with a small woman in his arms. As he was carrying you, he wondered how light you became. Like as life was slowly leaving your body, it lifted up its weight as well. He shook this thought off his head and fastened his pace behind Thor.

They entered the golden halls of the royal palace and walked through various corridors and stairs until they reached the entrance of the throne room. Its golden doors rose high above their heads like giants took it in its place, with ancient symbols carved into it. Thor pushed the gates open and walked up to the throne with his brother right behind him.

There he sat straight in all his might on the high, golden throne: Odin, the All-father. The king of the Gods, Master of the Runes and Ruler of Asgard. His only eye was strictly scanning his sons, while his face showed annoyance. When he finally spoke, his voice clanged into their ears like thunder:

"How dare you to come back here after all you've done? And top of it, why did you bring this creature here? Do you want to see Asgard finally burn?" he narrowed his eye at Loki.

"Leave now, and take Surtur's bastard away, before I throw you back into your prison!"

"Listen to me, you old fool! I'm not here for you, and I don't care about Asgard either! I am here to..." Loki started with anger growing inside him fast, but Thor placed a calming hand on his shoulder, then stepped ahead:

"Father, please hear me out. Loki came back with me with a reason. We need to save this woman, I promise she means no harm to our kingdom," he looked at Odin with entreating eyes.

"He fooled you too, my son? Have you lost your mind? We have nothing to do with Surtur's kin, even better if she's dead! Don't you know the old legends? That one day Surtur burns down our world? This can be easily her too." Odin seemed cold and dangerous like a thousand years old mountain rising above the tiny people in front of him. His mind was made of iron, and it was hard to change.

"Father, she means no harm! We need her, because..." Thor gave Loki a meaningful look. When he nodded, he continued. "Because she loves Loki. And Loki cares about her too. We need to save her. Mother would want it too." Something ran across Odin's expressionless face at the mention of her long-gone wife. He leaned forward in his throne without a word, like considering what he'd heard.

"Look, I won't ask you to help me because I love her since I know you never really cared about me. I ask you to think about it as making a new ally. She's the rightful heir of Muspelheim. Won't it be good to have her on your side, if Surtur and Ragnarök comes?" Loki stepped ahead with your almost fully lifeless body in his arms. Now his face was rather calculating and canny than sad and worried. A mischievous half-smile appeared on his thin lips.

There was a tough moment of silence as father and son were eyeing each other like wolves before a fight. Finally, it seemed like Loki's silver tongue did the job again, as Odin rose from the throne:

"I know exactly what you have in that twisted mind of yours. And if it wasn't for Frigga, I'd throw you in jail right now. But god, I'd never hear the end of it if I meet her in Valhalla. So go, save your lady. You know where to find the Eternal Flame. But if she turns into a monster, I will slay her without question, and banish both of you. Now if you'll excuse me..." He rose from his throne and left the room without looking back at his sons. Maybe he didn't want them to see the small smile on his face. Deep inside he was proud of his troubled son finally finding his way. Maybe Frigga was right when she saw something in him...

Thor and Loki were looking at him disappearing around the corner, then took their way to the secret chamber under the palace full of dangerous weapons and relics. On the way there Loki still couldn't believe that Thor had such a genius idea. He was a big mass of muscles and he wasn't the brightest mind in the Nine Realms. Still, he was the one who came up with a plan to save his significant other: taking her to the Eternal Flame. It was the undying flame locked away in the chambers of Asgard, that could bring Ragnarok if Surtur got his hands on it. So maybe this might light up (y/n)'s fire as well. It had to. There was no other way.

They walked through of the long, dark hall of the chamber, their steps echoing on the walls. They stepped by a huge goblet with strange, magical flames dancing in it. The Eternal Flame. As the legends told, it was inextinguishable and were capable of resurrecting the dead. It contained Surtur's and the Firefolk's all power. For a second they both looked at it mesmerised. Than Thor broke the silence:

"So... how are we doing this? Will you put her in the fire or what?" he looked like a small child seeing sorcery for the first time. After all the years he still didn't fully understand what to do with magic, since he didn't have it in him.

Loki let out a groan, as he snapped his fingers, and from green mist, a small bed appeared. He gently laid you down, like he was afraid you'd break from the smallest shake. Now your whole body was pale blue from the cold, and the touch of your skin was like ice. You didn't have much time left if it wasn't late already. Loki placed one of his elegant hands in the mystical fire and took a small flame in his palm. He carried it over to you, and placed it on your chest, right above the heart. The small flame slowly dissolved and disappeared into you.

The God of Mischief was holding his breath back as he waited for you to wake. Seconds passed by, but nothing happened. He waited for your chest to slowly rise up and down, for your eyelids to flutter, or for your fingers to make the smallest move. But you remained still and cold. He collapsed on your chest, still not believing he was late. His whole world collapsed into ruins, and he knew nothing would fill the void in his heart again. No one will ever be like you, and he could never love anyone else. Hot tears started to flow from his eyes, as he buried his face into your chest in despair.

Thor didn't know what to say. He knew nothing could ease his brother's pain, because he felt it too. Instead of any words, he stepped beside Loki and pulling him into a hug. At first, he resisted, not wanting to let go of you, but then he gave in. He embraced his brother and shared his never-dying pain with him. At least he had his brother. He had nobody left in this world.

You were sinking. Deeper and deeper in the cold black of the lake. You were unable to move, unable to shout. You felt the sharp cold cutting through your flesh, crawling into your bones. It started with your fingers and toes. Then it slowly made it's way higher and higher to your limbs, as you were sinking helplessly. Your eyes tried to hold onto something in the dark, to find a small ray of light, but it was all darkness around. You wanted to shout, to call out Loki's name, but water filled your lungs. He couldn't find you and wasn't there to save you.

His face was the last thing you saw before the abyss swallowed you. His black hair, high cheekbones, thin lips, and those blue eyes. You tried to hold onto his picture in your mind as long as you could. But as you sank deeper and deeper into the bottomless lake it became harder and harder. His face slowly faded away and you were left alone.

Suddenly you saw a light. You thought this is the end, the light that everyone speaks about. It came closer and closer, breaking the darkness around you. It was a small flame, that lighted up everything like a new hope. It merged into you and you felt it's power. It was like the raging force of the vulcanos of Muspelheim. You felt as strong as you've never before. You were reborn.

You opened your eyes with a huge gasp. Air finally filled your lungs, and you saw light. You were in a huge chamber which was completely unknown to you. You didn't have time to take the place in though, because arms wrapped tight around you. You realised his scent, his touch. It was Loki, he found you after all. You cupped his face into your palms, and kissed him like your life depended on it. You felt the tears on his cheeks and gently wiped them down with your thumb.

It felt like an eternity until you finally let go of each other, only to catch your breath.

"I love you," you whispered resting your forehead against his. "I'm never leaving you again."

"And I'd never let you do that," he whispered kissing you again...

After you became a bit better and strong enough to walk, Thor, Loki and you returned to the Stark Tower. The others were already waiting for you in the hall. As you stepped in, Steve wrapped you in a hug, and the others joined in one by one forming a huge group hug.

"Why didn't you tell us? We'd never love you less because of your origins. You can't imagine how happy we are to have you back." Steve said to you. This whole scene was so touching, tears filled your eyes.

"I'm sorry I didn't tell you earlier. All of you. You are my family now, no matter my origins." you said looking at the Avengers all hugging you. You found your true family, your true love, your friends. You found your home.

After this, life returned back to normal. Except for Loki was now your boyfriend, and you've never been happier in your life before. Finally, everything was perfect, as your fire found its place by his ice. Together you were ready for whatever the future was holding for you...

****
BOOK TWO OUT NOW

Thank you everybody for coming along with me on this journey! I hope you liked the story as much as I enjoyed writing this.
Book 2 will be a bit darker though. I hope you'll join me during the new adventures too!
Thank you so much for reading, and voting! I love you all!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.4K 184 16
A dual pov narrative from both main characters-Loki and Annalise. If you enjoy slow burn, immersive stories, that will make you have all the feels, f...
17.2K 578 45
Y/N decides with her powers she wants to become an avenger but how is she going to get the Avenger's attention? She's going to break into their compo...
64.8K 2.9K 12
After all the happenings of Book One, you and Loki were finally together as a couple. Unfortunately, you got kidnapped by a mysterious person, who's...
147K 4.2K 43
"And no matter how much they fought, they would somehow be pulled back together, as if forced to reunite. Was it fate? Or just plain luck? Neither kn...