The Sacrifice ~ The Vampire D...

By StineSkar

'Book 2' The Vampire Diaries genderbent story. More

Cast
2x01 - The Return
2x02 - Brave New World
2x03 - Bad Moon Rising
2x07 - Masquerade
2x08 - Ross
2x09 - Kaspian
2x10 - The Sacrifice
2x11 - By The Light Of The Moon
2x12 - The Descent
2x13 - Daddy Issues
2x14 - Crying Wolf
2x18 - The Last Dance
2x19 - Colette
2x20 - The Last Day
2x22 - As I Lay Dying
Season 3
3x01 - The Birthday
3x02 - The Hybrid
3x03 - The End Of The Affair
3x04 - Disturbing Behavior
3x05 - The Reckoning
3x06 - Smells Like Teen Spirit
3x07 - Ghost World
3x08 - Ordinary People
3x09 - Homecoming
3x10 - The New Deal
3x11 - Our Town
3x12 - The Ties That Bind
3x13 - Bringing Out The Dead
3x14 - Dangerous Liaisons
3x15 - All My Children
3x16 - 1912
3x17 - Break On Through
3x18 - The Murder Of One
3x19 - Heart Of Darkness
3x20 - Do Not Go Gentle
3x21 - Before Sunset
3x22 - The Departed
Book 3

2x21 - The Sun Also Rises

182 3 0
By StineSkar

Picture Of Colette Mikaelson

Althea's Residence

Demi is sitting at the bar, observing the werewolf bite on her inner forearm. Kasper stands over her, also observing the bite.

"So that's what a werewolf bite looks like" Kasper comments.

"Yep"

"It's not that bad"

"Will be" Demi stands up and rolls her sleeve down, covering the bite.

"So that's it? You're just...going to die?" Kasper asks her.

"Well, that depends. You know anything about a cure?" Kasper shakes his head "Me, either" Demi grabs her jacket off the couch and puts it on.

"145 years and no last good-bye?"

"You don't get a good-bye" Demi turns away from him. Kasper vamp-speeds in front of her, placing his hand on her shoulder.

"No. Don't leave mad"

"Us ending up on good terms isn't exactly on my bucket list, Kasper" Demi attempts to leave again, but Kasper persists.

"Colette made me call Jensen to lure him out. There was nothing that I could do. I didn't have a choice"

"That's why I gave you the vervain. So you had a choice"

"It was him or me. I chose him" Kasper tells her.

"I helped you. You owed me. Now when Colette dies, you're going to walk out of here without a scratch and Eliot's uncle dies. Somehow you're the only one that wins. How'd that happen?" Demi asks.

"I didn't let love get in the way"

"Enjoy an eternity alone, Kasper" Demi walks past him.

"What are you going to do?"

She turns and looks at him "I'm going to offer myself as a replacement to Colette"

"She won't take you. She saw your bite, she said that your blood is impure. I'm sorry, Demi. But Jensen's dead, there's nothing you can do about it"

**********

Old Witch House

Outside, Elinor, Althea and Stella arrive and walks across the yard towards the house.

"The sacrifice is completed in stages as the full moon sets. First the werewolf is killed, then the vampire. Finally the doppelganger. Once Eliot dies, the curse will be broken. Colette will become a hybrid" Elinor explains.

"So when do we attack?" Althea asks.

"Eliot's death will activate her dormant werewolf side. She'll be vulnerable during the transformation. That's when Benny comes in"

"And you're sure Benny will survive this?" Stella asks.

"If he can deliver her to the brink of death, I'll finish the job myself" Elinor tells her.

Stella's phone rings and she answers it. she walks away from them. Demi is on the other end at the boarding house. "Demi"

"You're not going to like what I'm about to say"

"Cut to the chase. Is the sacrifice happening or not?" Stella asks.

"It's happening. I tried to stop it, but it got...complicated"

"We're sticking with the original plan. We're meeting Benny right now"

"She's got Jensen, Stella" Demi reveals.

"What?"

"She got Kas to lure him out of the house"

Stella looks back at Althea, worried.

"What is it? What's wrong?" Althea asks.

"She's going to use him as the vampire in the ritual" Demi says.

"Oh, my god"

**********

Quarry

In the distance, the sounds of twigs snapping and Julian groaning are heard by Eliot and Jensen. Jensen's head snaps towards the sound. "Who's that?"

"That must be the werewolf" Eliot says.

Gray pushes Julian down to the ground. Julian clutches at his stomach, groaning in pain "What's happening to me?"

"I cast a spell to slow down your transformation. Your insides are trying to tear themselves free" Gray moves away, flicking his wrist, and a third ring of fire encircles Julian.

"Gray, witches are supposed to maintain the balance in nature. It's your duty to them to keep this curse sealed" Eliot tells him.

"My duty is to Colette! The new order"

Colette arrives "Glad to know I still have a dance partner" She looks at Eliot, Jensen and Julian "Hello, my lovelies. Are we ready?"

**********

Julian, Eliot and Jensen are still contained in the rings of fire. Julian continues to moan in pain. Up on a nearby hill, Colette retrieves the moonstone from her pocket. "I've got the moonstone. I spent 500 years looking for this. I hate to part with it"

Colette hands the moonstone to Gray who takes it and looks up at the sky. "The moon has passed its apex. Remember everything you need to do?"

"I remember"

Gray drops the moonstone into a stone bowl filled with flames. Sparks fly as the moonstone is destroyed. Gray begins chanting a spell in Latin. Colette approaches the rings of fire. Julian still lies on the ground, moaning in pain, but looks up at Eliot.

"Everything I did...I was just trying to help Taylor"

"Are you Julian?" Eliot asks.

"I didn't want her to be alone!"

Colette looks down at Julian "Shall we?"

The ring of fire around Julian disperses. Julian's eyes turn yellow and he uses his speed to rush at Colette. Alas, Colette gets the upper hand and pins Julian to the ground, plunging her hand into his chest and ripping out his heart.

Julian takes a final breath, tears streaming down his face, and dies. Colette breathes heavily as she holds the bloody heart in her hands. Eliot and Jensen look on, horrified.

**********

Old Witch House

Outside, Benny is talking to Stella and Elinor. "Why did she take Jensen?"

"A punishment for meddling" Elinor tells him.

"Colette was going to use Taylor and Carlisle. But Demi rescued them" Stella explains.

"Then we need to go. Now, before Jensen's been sacrificed. I can kill Colette myself"

"Benny...if you use that much power, you'll be dead. We've already been through this. It's not an option" Stella tells him.

"Neither is letting Jensen die"

"Well, Stella would agree with you" Elinor says. Benny looks confused. Stella walks closer towards Benny.

"We're going to offer another vampire. One that she'll want more: Me"

**********

Quarry

Gray continues chanting a spell while Colette holds Julian's heart over the ceremonial bowl, squeezing the blood into the flames.

"Does that mean it's working?" Colette asks.

"It's working"

**********

Colette approaches the ring of fire containing Jensen. "Hello, Jensen" Jensen and Eliot get up and look at Colette.

"Let him go. I understand that I have to die, but he doesn't!" Eliot walks closer to the flames, causing them to flare up. He retreats.

"Careful" Colette warns him.

"Eliot, don't" Jensen tells him.

"No, Jensen! We can't leave Jemma without a family" He turns to Colette "I followed your rules; I did everything that you asked. I didn't run. Please"

"Well, well" Colette looks up at the top of the quarry. "I don't recall you being on the guest list"

Jensen and Eliot look up as well. Eliot gasps. Stella stands atop of the cliff.

"I'm here to talk" Stella says.

"Very well, then" Colette looks at Jensen, briefly, then vamp-speeds up to the top of the cliff and walks calmly towards Stella. "What can I do for you, Miss Salvatore?"

**********

Stella and Colette are still conversing on the cliff top. Eliot and Jensen continue to look up at them, patiently waiting to figure out what's happening.

"What's going on?" Jensen asks.

"I – I don't know" Eliot turns to Jensen "You can hear them" Jensen looks at him "You can hear anything. Jus-just focus on them"

"You don't need to kill Jensen. I'll take his place" Stella tells her.

"Oh, I don't know. I rather appreciate the symmetry of three men" Colette starts to walk around Stella "Three gods – Sacrificed at nature's altar"

"What are they saying?" Eliot whispers.

"I can't – I can't make it out"

"You can do this. Just relax. Focus"

Stella turns around to face Colette "Don't play games with me. You'll get what you want either way"

"I can hear her. I hear Stella" Jensen tells Eliot.

"What are they saying?" Eliot asks.

"You're quite the hero, aren't you? I've heard that about you" Colette tells her.

"Just make the trade. Me for Jensen"

Jensen has heard the last few lines of the conversation with the use of his vampire hearing. "Oh, my god"

"What is it?" Eliot asks.

"She wants to take my place" Eliot looks at Jensen, horrified, then looks up at Stella.

**********

Colette and Stella have come down from the cliff top and approaches Eliot and Jensen.

"Quite the predicament. You know, it's funny, all this talk about preserving family, and here's Stella granting your wish"

"Stella..." Eliot says, sadly.

"It's okay" Stella assures him.

"Well" Colette points a stake between Jensen and Stella "Who's it going to be, Eliot?"

"No"

"Oh, don't worry. There's actually no choice" Colette vamp speeds around Stella and stakes her in the back. Stella screams in pain and crumbles to the ground.

"No! Stella! No!"

Colette rips the stake out of Stella's back, leaving a sizeable chunk of wood in her back "I have other plans for your girlfriend. I want her alive. But for now..." Colette snaps Stella's neck causing Stella to fall, disgracefully, to the ground. Eliot gasps in shock. "Whenever you're ready, Gray"

Gray begins chanting the next part of the spell which dispels the ring of fire surrounding Jensen. Jensen looks on, frightened. Eliot, teary-eyed, watches on. "No"

"Your turn" Colette tells him.

"No, Jensen, no!" Eliot attempts to get to Jensen, but the fire around him flares up. Jensen looks over at him. "It's alright, Eliot. I know what I have to do"

After a moment of shared silence between Jensen and Eliot, Jensen vamp speeds to Gray and ferociously bites his neck. Gray screams. Colette speeds over to Jensen and stakes him in the back, pulling him off Gray, who has fallen to the floor. Jensen gasps and Colette releases him. Jensen falls to the ground. Eliot starts to cry.

"Jensen, no!" Jensen looks up at Eliot tears in his eyes "Just turn it off. Jensen. Turn it off. You won't be scared anymore"

Colette flips Jensen over onto his back and hunches over him. Jensen seems less frightened when Colette stakes him in the heart. "No! Jensen! No! Jensen!" Eliot cries in earnest now.

Jensen's body starts to become grey and decayed. Colette releases the stake from her grasp and stands up. Jensen lays lifeless on the stone with the stake through his heart.

Gray begins chanting the next part of the spell. Colette is by his side. Stella wakes up and feels the piece of wood in her back. She tries to reach it but is not flexible enough to do so. Stella looks up at Eliot and sees his tear streaked cheeks. She looks over towards Gray and sees Jensen's dead body with the stake in his chest. "No" Gray pours Jensen's blood into the ceremonial bowl. "I'm so sorry"

Eliot places his finger to his lips and shushes Stella "Are they going to kill her?" He whispers.

"Yes" Stella whispers back.

Colette approaches Eliot "It's time" the circle of fire disappears from around Eliot. Eliot looks up at her and Colette extends her hand towards him.

Eliot gets up from the ground and walks past Colette, ignoring her. Eliot makes his way to the altar and looks down at Jensen's body. Colette follows him up to the altar and grabs Eliot's face in her hand.

Below them, Stella struggles to get up from the ground. Colette turns Eliot's face so he is looking at her. "Thank you, Eliot"

"Go to hell"

Stella continues to struggle up, but falls back to the ground, too weak to move. Eliot stares out, blankly, as Colette sinks her fangs into his neck and starts to drain Eliot of his blood. Stella watches on, helplessly. Colette holds him tightly as her eyes starts to sprout more veins.

Eliot's eyelids flutter and his eyes roll into the back of his head and he dies. Colette releases him and he falls to the ground. Blood drips from Colette's mouth and the flame in the bowl is extinguished. Eliot's body lays lifeless and Stella stares at him, sadly, and lowers her head to the ground.

Colette breathes heavily and walks down the stone steps "I can feel it. it's happening" Colette looks up at the full moon. Suddenly, her bones begin to crack and she starts to transform. Her eyes are yellow like a werewolf's, but she still has the veins under them, like a vampire. "Yes, yes!"

Suddenly, Colette is thrown through the air. The flames in the bowl reignite, startling Gray. Gray hears and sees Benny coming down the hillside, chanting a spell. Before Gray can react, Demi sneaks up behind him and snaps his neck. Demi kneels down and picks up Eliot's body.

"No! You were dead!" Colette shouts. Benny continues to chant his spell. Colette's body contorts into painful shapes as she screams.

Meanwhile, Demi carries Eliot's body towards Stella and lays him down next to her. Stella gently grabs his arm. "Eliot"

Demi kneels down and rips the remainder of the stake out of Stella's back. Stella grunts in pain. Demi grabs Stella's shoulder, as if to help her up, but Stella turns and looks up at her, grabbing a hold of her jacket, "I need you to get him out of here!"

"What about you?" Demi asks.

"I'm not leaving until she's dead. Go!" Demi picks up Eliot's body and carries him away. Stella sits up. Benny continues to chant the spell which is so powerful it causes trees to fall.

Colette screams in pain, lying against the rocks. Elinor approaches her and Benny stops chanting. "Elinor?"

"Hello, sister"

Stella has gotten up and walks up behind Benny. Elinor punches her arm into Colette's chest, grabbing a hold of her heart. "In the name of our family, Nicolette..." Elinor twists her heart.

"I didn't bury them at sea!" Colette shouts.

"What?" Elinor hesitates.

"Their bodies are safe. If you kill me, you'll never find them"

"Elinor! Don't listen to her" Stella shouts. Elinor gives her a side glance.

"Elinor. I can take you to them. I give you my word...sister"

Elinor appears to be having second thought about killing her sister.

"Do it and I'll take you both out" Benny threatens her.

"You'll die"

"I don't care"

Elinor looks down at Colette and back up at Benny and Stella "I'm sorry"

Stella and Benny run towards Elinor and Colette "No!" Before either can get to them, Elinor flies off with Colette.

**********

Old Witch House

Demi is carrying Eliot's body into the parlor room. "If you come back as a vampire, I'll stake you myself. So don't" Demi lays Eliot's body down on a sofa and pushes a strand of hair out of his voice "Because I can't stand the idea of you hating me forever"

Althea and Jemma rush into the room and stand in the doorway. "How is he?" Jemma asks.

Demi continues to stroke Eliot's hair and does not look up at either of them "I don't know yet"

"What about Jensen?" Althea asks. Demi finally looks back at them without saying a word "No" Althea understands what her silence means.

"I'm sorry, Jemma" Demi apologies to Jemma. Jemma and Althea stare blankly at Demi.

Behind them, Jane comes up from the basement and walks out the front door into the yard. Althea walks away from the doorway and into a secluded area of the house. Outside, Jane looks back in the house. Suddenly, Eliot gasps back to life. "Eliot!"

"What happened?" He asks.

"How do you feel?" Demi asks him.

"I feel fine"

Demi and Jemma both breathe a sigh of relief. Jane watches the scene unfold from outside. She seems at peace, as she looks out into the woods, she shuts her eyes, and falls to the ground, dead.

**********

Gilbert Residence

Jemma walks into the doorway of Eliot's room and raps her knuckles against the wall. She enters the room as Eliot finishes fixing his tie. "I'm almost ready"

"Yeah, take your time" Eliot exhales "Jane wanted me to give you this" Jemma hands him a letter and he takes it "And this"

Jemma retrieves the magical ring from her pocket and hands it to Eliot. Eliot hesitantly takes it and looks up at Jemma. Jemma starts to leave the room.

"Jemma..." Jemma turns back and looks at him "I'm so sorry. I'm so sorry that you've lost so many people"

"I still have you" Eliot smiles at her and places his head on top of hers. She wraps her arms around him in a warm embrace. They pull apart and look at each other for a moment before Jemma leaves the room and goes downstairs.

Eliot tries to maintain his composure as he walks over to his window seat and sits down. He opens up the letter and starts to read it.

"Eliot...it's no easy task being an ordinary parent to an extraordinary child. I failed in that task"

**********

Cemetery

Stella, Eliot, Demi, Benny, Carlisle, Althea and Jemma walks across the graveyard.

"And because of my prejudices, I failed you. I'm haunted by how things might have played out differently. If I'd been more willing to hear your side of things"

Stella has her hand on the small of Eliot's back and leads him to the gravesites of Jensen and Jane. Eliot has four roses clutched in his hand. He kneels down and places two roses on a grave plot.

"For me, it's the end. For you, a chance to grow old and someday do better with your own child than I did with mine. It's for that child that I give you my ring"

Teary-eyed, Eliot approaches his parent's graves. He looks down at the tombstone, kneels and places the remaining two roses on their graves.

"I don't ask for your forgiveness or for you to forget. I ask only that you believe this. Whether you are no reading this as a human or as a vampire, I love you all the same as I've always loved you, and always will. Jane"

Eliot openly cries. Demi starts to walk away. Eliot looks up at her and stands, still crying. Althea walks towards Jensen's grave and places a rose on his plot. She stares down at his grave, sadly, before walking away. She squeezes Jemma's arm gently and walks to the back of the group.

Demi is standing some distance away from the rest of the group. Stella approaches her. "We're going to head back to the house"

"I think I'll skip the coffee and tea cakes" Demi says.

"Demi, he needs us right now. All of us"

"And then what's the plan, Stella? The curse is broken. How does one go about killing an all-powerful wolf vamp and her two-faced older sister?" Demi asks.

"I have no idea"

Demi turns around to look at Stella "We need to get an idea. Fast"

"I'm not going to let Eliot lose anybody else"

"I wouldn't make any promises, sister" Demi tells her.

"What's that supposed to mean?" Stella asks.

"Taylor Lockwood bit me" Demi pulls up her sleeve and shows Stella the bite, which has gotten worse. Stella walks over to her with a look of anguish on her face. Demi looks down at the bite "It's actually more of a nip, really, but there it is"

Stella takes Demi's arm and examines the bite "We'll find something. A cure"

"There's no cure, Stella" Demi and Stella look off across the graveyard, presumably towards Eliot.

Stella looks back at Demi "We kept Eliot human, right? We found the way when there was no way. Hey" Demi turns her head and faces Stella "I will do this"

"You want to do something for me? Keep this from Eliot. Last thing he needs is another grave to mourn" Demi grips Stella's shoulder, gingerly, and walks away.

Stella watches her as she leaves, her left-hand fidgeting. The look on her face filled with torment.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

51.1K 1.3K 19
Sequel to Emma Gilbert.
160K 6.5K 55
"๐˜ ๐˜ธ๐˜ข๐˜ฏ๐˜ฏ๐˜ข ๐˜ง๐˜ฆ๐˜ฆ๐˜ญ ๐˜ญ๐˜ฐ๐˜ท๐˜ฆ ๐˜ณ๐˜ถ๐˜ฏ ๐˜ต๐˜ฉ๐˜ณ๐˜ฐ๐˜ถ๐˜จ๐˜ฉ ๐˜ฎ๐˜บ ๐˜ฃ๐˜ญ๐˜ฐ๐˜ฐ๐˜ฅ, ๐˜ต๐˜ฆ๐˜ญ๐˜ญ ๐˜ฎ๐˜ฆ, ๐˜ช๐˜ด ๐˜ต๐˜ฉ๐˜ช๐˜ด ๐˜ธ๐˜ฉ๐˜ฆ๐˜ณ๐˜ฆ ๐˜ ๐˜จ๐˜ช๐˜ท๐˜ฆ ๐˜ช๐˜ต ๐˜ข๐˜ญ๐˜ญ ๐˜ถ๐˜ฑ?" ๐—œ๐—ป ๏ฟฝ...
273K 9.1K 39
Book two of the Bound 2 series.