Address Me As Doctor

By intellectual212

The Fourth Book In the More Than Friends Series, Deanna grapples with the recent loss of her father, moving... More

Intro
Welcome to Nashville
Two Wives
Run Ins With The Law
Grown Up
Notification Updates
Old Bones
First Love
Starter vs. Backup
Warnings
Moments vs. Forever
New Friends
Author's Note- Why Do You Guys Think
Torture
Typical
Still Love You
The Better Man
Moving On
Absence Of Light
Author's Note- Who You With
Girlfriend Problems
Heart Following The Mind
What Is Your Foundation
Supposed To Be
Bounce Back
Surprise Guest
Game Day
Away Games
Somebody Else's Stuff
Woman to Woman
Know What I Want
One Of The Greats
Clayanna
Author Note: Can I Ask Yall A Question
Old Times
Author's Note: Petty Men
New Tradition
Guys I Adore You
Scandalous Heauxs
Broken Friendship
Female Savage
What Happens, Happens
Man to Man
Pray For Shep In Real Life
Making History
Right Opportunity
Did Odell Get Hurt
Bigger Than Football
Some Of The Readers Disgust Me
The Wait
Ethel High School
JuJu
Decisions
Complicated
This Time
Rookies
First Giants Game Of The Season
Second Time Around
A Winner
Can We Talk About The Giants
Confessions
Debt
Omg Shep Proposed
Everything Was Fine
Disconnected
Brandon's Back
I know you want an update
August Alsina Fans
Ears Are Open
Sister to Sister
It's Nothing
Surprise Trip
Failure
Dismissed
Trust You
Testing
Brotherhood
Mother
Trial Period
Extra Motivation
Gift Again
Something Great
Adult Communication
Twix and A Bear
Damn Moments
Chill On Me
Apologies
Young Black Love
Wonderful Surprise
Through The Fire
Unnecessary
Kardashian Hoodoo
All Change
Dead Horse
Can't Get You Out My Heart
Greenthumb
Roadmap
Can't Wait
Bare Love
Gut Feeling
Oceanfront Houses Repost
Unanswered Questions
How Do You Know Trey
Shout Out Your Stories
Mama Still Got It
Ashy Scorpio Niggas
The Look
Pride and Joy
To The Sun
Fall and Fight
Cali Clay
New Odell Book Sample- Please Read
New Odell Story
Father's Day BBQ

Future Brighter Than Past

17.7K 1.3K 595
By intellectual212

Deanna POV-

I laughed so hard at Ray as we walked toward Jackson Square in New Orleans. Me, her and Sira were in New Orleans because the Titans were playing the Saints.

Brandon, Jussie and Justin were supposed to drive up on game day. And Kenya said she would fly in with Odell and the kids.

"Their accents are so amazing." Sira laughed at Ray as well who was saying, "hey baby." To anyone that passed in a New Orleans accent.

My shoe became un-tied so I reach down to tie it and on my way back up I bumped into someone.

"Sor—" My heart stopped as I saw a man stare back at me in a police uniform.

Neither of us could form words, we just looked in each others eyes until...

"Anna." Ray called and walked over.

Me and August looked down.

"Come on girl I want my pics at Jackson square." She didn't realize who he was.

"Oh ok." I looked at August then her.

She grabbed my hand and pulled me along.

As we headed toward Jackson Square I looked back to see where he went but it was too many people and he got swallowed in the crowd.

We made our way to Jackson Square, I would look around just to see if I saw him.

"What you looking for girl?" Ray asked handing me her phone.

"Nothing. Just taking in the ambiance." I gave a fake smile.

"Well do that why you take me and Ra picture." Her and Sira stood by the statue and made several poses as I took pictures.

They then pushed me to get in and we took selfies.

"Where y'all wanna go now?" Sira asked.

"Remember that casino they had further down, lets go to that. See if I get lucky in the big easy." Ray did a dance.

We laughed.

"I'mma go back to the hotel y'all." I said.

"Why?" Ray said.

"Because I'm not about to gamble my money away."

"Bitch you got more." Ray said.

"Bye Ray. Call me when y'all finish and I'll meet y'all for dinner somewhere on bourbon street."

"Okay grandma. Acting like you a 100 years old." Ray rolled her eyes.

Sira laughed and they waved goodbye and headed toward the casino.

I headed back toward the hotel, but first I wanted to stop at Cafe Du Monde and get me some beignets. I ordered and was about to continue walking when I noticed August at a table by himself drinking something and looking at his phone.

I nervously walked over. I cleared my throat.

He looked up at me. He had no expression on his face. He looked really good. Thicker than when we were together. He was no longer super skinny. He had bulked up a bit.

One thing I did notice was the wedding ring on his finger.

"Can I sit?" I asked.

He just made a motion with his hand to say I could then turned back to his phone.

"What are the chances that I come to New Orleans and run into you?" I laughed.

He did not, my smile faded.

"I see you got married. Congratulations. She's a lucky woman."

"She is." He finally looked at me, sipping from his cup.

"We got a baby on the way too." He added.

"Oh wow. That's wonderful August." I gave a brightest smile as I could but deep down I felt some type of way. He really was a good guy and I did love him. Its just things are complicated with me and Shep.

"I'm glad to see you happy." I said.

He gave me a thumbs up with his one hand.

"August listen, I am sorry. Okay. I am sorry that I couldn't give you what you deserved. Feelings are complicated. I am so grateful for everything you did for me know that. And know that I really loved you."

"You just loved your ex more?" He looked at me.

I looked down.

"Deanna it took me a long time to get you out my system. Long time. I would have this dreams that one day you would realize what a good man I was and come down here looking for me. And I would give you a hard time but we would ultimately get back together.

Cause see I was there for the dark days. The days you didn't know what to do after you and your father fell out and shep left and you gave the baby up. I was there dark. And I asked God, why couldn't I be there for the sun too. That some nigga who wasn't there for the dark, is reaping all your light.

You making news for your med work. How you helped Odell. You being in med school after the rough time. And God told me, to think about the rain. It pours down on all the beautiful seeds, giving them the nutrients they need to grow. Only for when it finally becomes a flower, someone who never added to it when it was a seed gets to have it.

I've accepted that I was your rain. I'm at a great place now with my wife and family and I just want to leave the past in the past where it belongs. Glad I could assist you in growing into a beautiful flower tho." And with that, he got up and disappeared in the New Orleans street. Leaving me sitting at the table in tears.

——————-

"What's wrong baby?" Shep asked getting in bed next to me.

Him and Diggy had been at practice and team meetings all day. And he just came back, took a shower, then got in the bed with me.

"Nothing."

He sucked his teeth and looked at me not believing me. "Now you know I know how your face look when you been crying."

I sighed. "Just being in Louisiana again is just drumming up too many memories. Memories I want to forget. And I don't want to lie to you, so I ran into August today when I was out with Ray and Sira and everything start coming back. Daddy. Our breakup. The baby." I broke down. "I thought I was over it all."

He put my head on his chest.

"The past is valid. It made us. From me sneaking in your window. Till the time we had apart. For better or worse, it made us. But you know what else is gonna make us?"

"What?" I wiped my eyes.

"Get up right quick." He said.

I sat up. He went to his luggage and rumbled through.

He came back with a—-

He got on one knee.

"The future. The future will make us too." He opened a small black ring box that had the most beautiful diamond ring I had ever seen.

"I was going to wait till half time at the game tomorrow. I know you from Baton Rouge, but this is still your homestate. And its easy for Kenya and B, and on top of that its Otto by-week so him and Anais gon come out. Rashad, Toya everybody. Your mom. Your brothers. But since it came up, I guess I can ask now."

By this time I was a balling mess.

"Deanna Nycole Harris, the woman I loved with my whole heart since she was 18. The woman I've cried with. Cried over. Damn near lived recklessly because I couldn't live without her. Would you be my wife?" He looked in my eyes, as I sat up on the bed, with my feet on the floor.

"Of course baby." I smiled brightly through my tears as he put the ring on. Then he stood up and I hugged him tightly as he kissed my lips.

"This is wonderful baby. Thank you." I kissed his lips back.

"Now I'm just gon need the ring back so we can redo it at half-time I paid them a lot of money to allow us to do it. So I'mma need you to act surprised."

I laughed. "Okay."

He sat on the bed and I sat on his lap.

"To our future being brighter than the past." He kissed my neck.

——————

Omg did yall see that preview for Jada's red table talk where August said he had an unlimited supply of percs and fell off the stage?

I cant wait to hear his story. I wonder if thats why the theme of the last music he released was drugs? Either way, I'm glad he's at a healthier place. At the heart, he really is a sweet man and he deserves all the good.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

4M 178K 113
August and Amber newly married learn to navigate the tricky waters of married life. Trilogy to If That's What It Takes.
438 44 24
This book is about a girl who is born with no real eyes just white balls and everyone thinks she's blind, but she's not she can see everything maybe...
232K 6.6K 33
a black teenage girl is going to work for this rich white family to pay for college the following year and the son of the rich white family is a obno...
36.5K 2.1K 40
The final book (4) in the What A Lie Looks Like series! Dean Benson finally has everything he thinks he's ever wanted. The job, the relationship wi...