The Naive Princess

By Abha3006

''People say you don't know what you've got until it's gone. Truth is, you knew what you had, you just never... More

Prolouge
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter-15
Chapter-16
Chapter-17
Chapter -18
Chapter-19
Chapter-20
Chapter-21
Chapter-22
Chapter-23
Chapter-25
Chapter-26
Chapter-27
Chapter-28
Chapter-29
Chapter-30
Chapter-31
Chapter-32
Chapter-33
Chapter-34
Chapter-35
Chapter-36
Chapter-37
Chapter-38
Chapter-39
Epilogue

Chapter-24

11.5K 875 53
By Abha3006

Adi,

I woke up with a heavy head, it felt as if it was being hammered with million hammers going at one single time. Did I actually drink so much ? But I drove on m own , then how come I don't remember a thing about last night. I only could recall having a heated conversation with mom. I tried pressurizing my brain trying to recall the events of past night, I had a tiff with mom and then she offered me water to calm me down. Water? Could she drug me ? Yes, she can. She can do all, but the question is why?

''Adi, how do you feel now?'' Anjali walked in with a cup of coffee. She touched my forehead, you seem fine now.

''Hod did I get here and when did you guys reach here?''

''We got a call from your dad, he said you need us and we came.'' her answer took me to the other dead end. Should I call dad? yes, he might have some answers.

''I would suggest you leave for London ASAP'' Dad's words confirmed my doubts. Something happened when I wasn't in my senses

''Dad, what's wrong''

''Look son, your mother has completely lost the power of rational thinking. All which prevails his her hunger for power. Leave before this madness engulfs you too.''

''Dad, please stop beating around the bush.'' I was now restless. There was silence the other side. Then I heard him take a deep breath, ''Just promise you will handle everything with a cool head.'' I gave my assurance and dad briefed me about the happenings. From curious my mind went into a shock and then it was filled with rage. How could she do that? And above that she messaged those to Raksha, that's so inhuman. I don't know what she would be thinking about me, I manhandled her claiming to be mad about her and now she gets my pictures with a woman all over me , and on her birthday. If mom thinks she can bend Ranvijay through Raksha , then she making the worst mistake of her life. He is an angel till one is good but a devil once irked

May be I should go back, that would be best for all. My mind again went to Raksha, I can't imagine the pain she must have incurred looking at those pictures, that too on the most important day of her life. The day she should be pampered, loved and celebrated but it started for her on a painful note. I am sorry Raksha, I never wanted you hurt. Irritated , I punched the table hard. Its time I confront my mother.

The drive till the main Palace was the worst one, I was rash on road and broke many signals. But today, I don't care a heck. She loves her reputation ,power and I am hell bent on crushing it to dust. Let her know that her son broke almost all the rules. I know this hardly makes a difference and she would be able to cover it in a flip of her finger, yet I wanted to hurt her. This time, she has crossed all her limits.

''You drugged me, your own son. Have you no shame'' My voice echoed the majestic room. She kept filing her nails and replied without giving me a glance, ''Stop over reacting, your virtue is still safe. Its me who clicked the pictures. Look at the bigger picture, if you get to marry Raksha on my terms, Rathores will always be indebted''

''Are you drunk mother, Your terms? You just dug yours and my grave. '' Raking my hand through my hair I challenged her, ''I give you 24 hrs, bring Ranvijay on his knees. If you can, I will go by your plan and if you can't , just stay away from my life here on.'' Strangely she agreed. Dad kept requesting me to leave, but I had 24hrs challenge. I made the arrangements for my friends to leave as I didn't wanted them to be the part of the drama. Dad advised me to rethink, I wish I would have listen to him and left.

I heard nothing from my mother for 2 days. I tried hunting down that stupid Rajshri, but she seemed to have vanished in this air. When all looked calm, I decided to leave for London. I was all set to leave for Delhi when a call from my mother changed the scenario, ''You can't leave, if you go he will ruin all of us''

Í knew who he was being referred to. ''Then face it. Its not my issue.'' I was about to disconnect but she said something which compelled me to stay back, ''if not me, think of your dad. Ranvijay will stop at nothing. '' My eyes went to dad who sat with his shoulder slumped, he never cared for titles but his self respect mattered to him. Mom must have done something really stupid, ''tell me all '' Huffing she narrated what happened few hours back....

''What were you thinking Mrs Ranawat?'' Ranvijay asked , his eyes fixed on the elder lady in a menacing way

''Leave me, what are you thinking Mr Rathore. I can use these pictures multiple ways, I can change the face of the guy into yours , Veer or your Dad and not to forget I have pictures in which the face of the girl is also visible , I can replace it with Raksha....'' Ranvijay banged in fist hard on the antique wooden furniture.

''Raksha is priceless, and if you think it's so easy to bring me or my family down you ought be foolish.

Anuradha rolled her eyes, ''You think your anger scares me, you are wrong. Well let me come to the point, I know your sister is head on heels love with my son, so his he. Then why not marry them, it can be benefited to both of us ''

''You are useless to me. I would have helped you in case you would have approached me like an old friend. Involving and exploiting my innocent sister will cost you more than you know.'' He replied dryly

''Yes and you would have helped me with my political ventures just like that? Bull shit I know you and your righteous family. You would never help me until I have something to make you do it. ''

''And you thought these pictures can bring me down. What if I change the face to yours? And do you know where your partner is? Her father had lodged a missing complain and according to eye witnesses she was last seen with you.''

''You have her captured Ranvijay Rathore?'' She snarled now understanding the gravity of the situation

''And I can use her in my favor. I can make her rant like a parrot , and I won't use force for that. One smile and you will be behind bars and not to forget the hotel manager you paid hefty amount to execute your plan to defame me.''

''It's not that easy. I am too a Queen.''

''Nothing is above the law, you saw our power but you never saw that we abide by the law. We are respected because we respect the law of the land.'' Leaning more on the chair he added, ''Now, tell me what shall we do with you.''

''What do you want?''

''Convince Adi to marry Raksha in 2 weeks, she will leave with for London thereafter.''

''What do I get in return?''

"nothing!''

''What if I refuse?''

''You can't, I am giving you 2 hrs. If its a NO, you will be responsible for the downfall of Ranawat family.''

***

The room went silent   as my mother concluded how the Rathore warned against running our respect. I rubbed my forehead, though I am not scared of him but I don't want thinks to get dirty. I know what he is capable off

''I will speak to Ranvijay, where is he?'' Mom directed me to the study and I entered to find him engrossed in a book, ''You can't force me.'' I said stepping into the room

''I never wanted to, but I will.'' He replied throwing the book in a corner, locking his eyes with mine.

''What will you earn by this? All of us would be unhappy?'' I tried to reason

He stared at me with a frown and then got up with a jerk, ''Really? Did you care for her emotions when you kept pulling and pushing her ? If you weren't interested in her then what was the need to be hovering over her all around London? What was the need to ruffle her up when she was celebrating with her friends ?'' I stared at him dumb found, how did her know about what happened at the pub, I am sure Raksha told him all.

''I am elder to you Adi, and I own some responsibilities. I have always liked you, but my sister is my priority and I won't stand anyone harming or hurting her. If you have the right to act jealous so is she. You started this game, I am going to end it.''

''How? By forcing her on me?''

''trust me, if I could I would have wiped you off her life after hearing you. But She loves you and I will full fill all her wishes''

''You can't force me to keep her happy, especially after blackmailing my family. I can make her life hell''

''And your family has the right to manipulate her emotions , you have the rights to force relationships on her. Why should she accept Anjali if she doesn't want to. Why all expectations only from her ? Like you she too has the rights to like or dislike a person, did you even clarify once why are you supporting Anjali that bad. No, and when she drew conclusions you labelled her as snobbish and selfish. She came to you on Vikram's b'day forgetting everything, what did you do? You rebuffed her, blamed her for your mother's deeds '' he looked mad, pointing the forefinger at me he angrily whispered, ''You went painting the town red, proclaiming your love for my little girl and now when it comes to commitment, you are backing off or you too are involved with your mother?''

'' You are crossing your limits Ranvijay'' I warned

He laughed, taking a step he stood opposite to me with hands in his pockets, ''Do you even know my limits, and if you are so bothered about me crossing them you should have maintained yours.''

Before I could reply came a voice that startled me to the core, ''Enough Bhai, let's go back. I have nothing more to hear.'' Her eyes spat hatred , she stood at the other edge of the study that connected with a small room. ''Ananya was right, it was good to know what he felt. Like his mother , he too was acting to be good. All he wanted was me in his bed, he proved it by his inability to commit'' She said removing her eyes from me and focusing them on her brother. Her words pierced my heart, did she really think I was so low in my thoughts. I never tried to get intimate with her or take advantage of her, but my mother's one foolish act was enough to bring down the image I had in her eyes.

''You really thought, I would so easily give away my sister into a family who cloud stoop so low. Its very easy for me to get you married to her, but you are not worth her.'' Raksha looped her arm around her elder brother staring at him with adoration. He patted her small hand with his and the walked off taking her along.

I watched her leave and then crashed on the floor, I wasn't scared of committing. But not this way, I wanted to bring her here with happiness and not by force. Why cloudn't she understand that? Had I married her now, my mother's doings and tension between the 2 families would have clouded our relationship till eternity. But she didn't see that, all she saw was my lack of being able to commit. Why does she draws conclusions with half baked information? I guess its good that we aren't getting married, when we can't understand words I don't think we will ever be able to understand each other's silence.

''Aditya!'' I took a deep breath as Dad's warm affectionate palm touched my shoulder, ''I lost her , again!''

''Son, if its meant to be it will happen. Let life take its own course.'' He suggested. All I could do was give him a nod, but my insides churned. She did came to me and it was me who rebuffed her. She had been miserable for weeks over me and now its my turn to suffer now, all becuase of my mother's hunger for power.

Ranvijay

''I know its hurts, but forcing him was no use.'' I explained Raksha softly. She looked at me with her brown eyes, ''I understand bhai, I have been so foolish.''

''Its not your fault, we are responsible for it. We made so many walls in the name of love and security that you could never experience the real world. But now I want you too, I am setting you free Raksha. Learn the way you want to''

''Now I am scare. What if I land into some trouble?'' she asked confused

''I said I am setting you free, I never said I won't watch over you.'' My reply bought a big smile to her face. Looping her arms around mine, she leaned on to my shoulder as we drove back home. 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Happy weekend friends. Do vote and comment.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.9K 171 30
Whoever first thought of the phrase. "Expect the unexpected" must have been a genius..of all the things I'd thought of,planned and expected in my li...
13.5K 280 52
Love...... The word tasted weird on my tongue Love makes a person stupid. Believe me when I say Love is blind, because I've been there before ***** "...
143 72 44
Trust; don't trust anyone, why do you care, what do you want, why do you trust me, I love you, I'm in love, you have a choice, I chose you, you look...
259 8 8
read and find out, you'll love it.