Chapter-29

Raksha

Throwing my back on the bed, I took a deep sigh of relief. I had been shivering in fear finding Adi in the mansion and that to when I have my over protective brother sleeping in a room on the opposite side of the corridor. I just wanted him to leave and when he did, that was the moment I could breathe. The mere thought of being caught by bhai gave me goose bumps all over my skin. Breathing deep I turned my eyes to have a look at Rolli. To my surprise she was awake , laying  on her tummy she kept watching me giving me I know your secret kind of look. I smiled and turned to her, ''Don't tell daddy.''

She squealed thinking I was playing relaxing my tense nerves the same moment. Pulling her to my chest , I dozed  off quickly.

Ananya took Rolli early morning as I had my classes, I was moving down the stairs when Bhai's voice alerted me, ''Whose shoes are these and why are they here?'' I turned cold as blood in my veins froze that moment, I am sure Adi left them there because staff never takes their's off. Plus, the stupid guilty conscious of mine kept hammering me from all sides I didn't knew what am I going to tell him. I kept stepping up and down at same place on the staircase not able to think of any excuse. Just when I felt I was doomed, I heard the change in Bhai's voice, his feet moving away from the hall, ''What's wrong, are you not well?'' His voice held concern 

I descended the stairs like a thief peeping in every corner. Walking into the dinning hall, I heard uncontrollable sneezing of Ananya as Bhai tried  comforting her, ''I...think its too cold for me. I went for walk without my jacket'' I frowned, Ananya isn't stupid then why she acting like one. Her eyes met mine , the eyeballs moved in a direction. After a minute I realized what she meant, quickly moving to the hall I picked the shoes and shoved them in a corner where bhai can't see them. For now he is completely distracted worried about his wife, hope he forgets about the shoes, ''I am leaving for University.'' I informed. He nodded once and I ran out at first chance.

''Those were Adi's shoes?'' Hansa questioned, I nodded chewing my nails. She groaned , ''Is that guy out of his head?'' I nodded again

''Do you think bhai would give up the shoe thing?'' I asked. I just wanted someone to tell me that he would overlook the matter. My eyes kept staring at Hansa expecting her to respond positively, she instead added to my fears. With a shrug of her shoulder she replied, ''I don't think so, its about you. He will definitely find the Cinderella who owns the shoes.'' I slumped in my seat, I just want to be at peace but this crazy guy will get me doomed. 

***

Evening when I entered my house, I found Ananya being wrapped like a baby in multiple layers of clothes. I couldn't control my laughter, ''Not fair, I sniffed that pepper for you and you are laughing.'' She complained

Crashing next to her I hugged her, ''How did you guess it was Adi's?''

''First , no one wears those kind in the house. Second,  they looked too expensive for anyone in staff and Third, why would someone from the house leave the shoes at the entrance hall? It has to be an intruder and only Adi has the spare pair of keys''

''WOW! No wonder Bhai married you. But how did you conclude all this so fast?''

''I was the first one to come across them, but before I could do a thing your brother popped out from no where and now I being punished with these clothes.'' Laughing I gave my darling friend another hug, ''Thanks for saving me, I don't know what bhai will do if he knows of the intruder.''

Ananya gave me a forced smiled, she turned to pick something and then handed me a set of keys, ''All the locks have been changed. Now, a pair each resides just with Ranvijay and Hansa. Not to forget, till you are here  your family will keep visiting you at short intervals.''