Chapter-21

Raksha,

I couldn't take his harsh words. Its me who is every time keeping the pride aside and taking the first step, and every time he crushes my heart as if it was a waste paper. How easily he blamed me for something I never was part off, his mom did suggest a plan but I refused. My conscious didn't allow me to play a foul game with Adi. 

I tried to mingle with guests, but my heart had started giving up. I felt it would stop any moment.  Every thing, all hopes and dreams seemed to have shattered in one go. I looked around, Dipika and Veer looked so happy together and Bhai, whatever corner he would be, his eyes would just be on Ananya. Like them , I too wished for such kind of love but my luck. Whatever I do, he just takes it the other way. I don't know what to do to make him understand that I care for him, more than he would ever understand. I tried mingling with people but wherever my eyes went there were couples lost in each other.Why fate  had to be so harsh on me. When I couldn't hold more, I decided to embrace the solitude. At least no one will watch me breaking down. I slowly took steps and then ran towards the private elevator . Moving to my suite , I threw my body on the bed .Burying my face the pillow, I allowed myself to break down completely. I love him, but I am scared.. I am sacred after what happened with Pavan. I am scared to be jinxed again. Now its just me and my bad luck. The hollowness of my heart seemed to be choking me. I felt like falling into a black hole.

''Raksha! What's wrong why are you crying'' Ananya's voice penetrated through the hollowness. I buried myself more into the sheets, scared to face her. But she had been my soul sister and my defences go weak in her presence. My wails grew louder. She pulled me up, ''Will you calm down and tell me what's wrong.''

Hugging her close, I cried louder. His harsh words kept resonating my ears slashing my heart again and again. Ananya's grip tighten, she repeatedly kept placing small pecks on my forehead calming me down. ''Will you please talk to me.''

''He thinks I am mean, a bad person but I am not'' I sobbed She rubbed my back, ''that's his misconception. Now stop crying and tell me the whole thing.'' She made me sit and wiped my tears, she gave me a glass of water. I gulped it all in one go between hiccups . Ananya wrapped her arm around my shoulder rubbing it continuously, ''Now tell me, what exactly happened.''

''I just wanted him to keep Anjali away from us. I never wanted him to break the friendship, but he took it all wrong. He has the right to be jealous if I attend a random party and try to kiss someone. But I don't have the right to be insecure, WHY?''

''Raksha, what transpired between you and Queen Anuradha . Don't hide anything , I want to know all. With a nod, I decided to tell her everything. With every word, Ananya's expressions started turning grave. ''That witch! All she wants is you in Adi's bed and us in her feet . She wanted us to beg her to get you married to her son.''

''No, all she wants is me and Adi united. She knows we love each other . She suggested this so that Adi has no escape.'' I reasoned

''Really? Its not Adi who would be trapped, its you. Its us, our family. And why not, she is trying to fulfill her political greed through us. The powerful Rathores. She knows what power Granny holds and Dad too won the elections. Such a vile female she is.'' Ananya's words were not making any sense to me or I should say I wasn't listening . Adi's mother had been good to me, she had understood my pain. In fact I felt she was putting her son's image at stake. I myself notice how Anjali was using sympathy card.

''Ananya, you are taking her all wrong.'' She turned to me and then closed her eyes. Taking a deep breath, she stood opposite to me. Taking my hands in hers she politely said, ''Raksha, promise me that you will no more follow Mrs. Ranawat's ideas. Please, trust us and not an outsider.''