Chapter-20

Adi,

''Mom why me being in India so important'' I asked irritated

''Because I said so. Isn't my word enough ? I want you here in 24 hrs. Do you hear me.'' There was a kind of command in her voice. 

''I don't want to. You and Dad will anyways attend it and I will send gift for his son.'' I tried dissuading her, I was aware that Raksha had already left to attend the grand function. Luckily it was her year break to and she wouldn't be back before a month. Going back to India and attending the party would mean facing her and I am yet not ready. She isn't sorry for her words and I am not in mood to compromise. For years I have loved her unconditionally, all she did was rebuffing me like I was no one. Some random guy who has no self respect, she wanted all proximity in friend zone yet she wasn't ready to accept the small things in my life. The butler I fired told me that my mother and Raksha were in touch. For a moment I couldn't believe my ears, I know how manipulative my mother can be. Did she influence Raksha as well ? or her innocence was just a charade. Come what may, I won't go back . Not now , may be later. Making a decision I joined my friends for dinner . Their company makes me happy, I am glad I found a family away from home.

***

It was past midnight and I didn't even feel drowsy. Leaving the bed, I made my way to the study to engage myself in a good read. It was around an hour past midnight my phone started ringing again. I frowned looking at Dad's number flashing on screen. Answering it quickly I asked worried, ''Dad , all good.''

''Yes, will you keep a small request of mine?'' Dad's question gave away my mom's intentions When I didn't respond, he added, ''Please come down. Your mother wouldn't eat of drink till you are her. I know it is wrong, but she is my wife and I love her. Can you keep this one request of your old father?'' 

Anger started making my nerve throb. I should have known she will exploit dad, that's what she had been doing all her life. 

''I will be there by night Dad!'' I gave in, hearing dad's pleading voice killed all my defences. Mom knows how to get things done. Closing my eyes once, I took in some air to calm my nerves. I had a strong urge to confront her , but controlled. That would mean putting my dad under more pressure. Moving to my room, I pulled out my sky bag and started dumping my stuff. Bhimalgarh or modern day Bhimalpur is the kingdom I was born in. It had been named after one of my great ancestors. Though a part of desert state of the country we don't have much desert around. After my grandfather, my dad took the reign but preferred being referred as a common man. His words are of great importance around, yet he never believed in titles. He did take up the parliamentary seat of the constituency but that was only to safe guard his land from money minded politicians.

Tired, I rubbed my palms over my face. It has been years since I last visited my native. When I went to India to accompany Raksha, I had lied to Veer about going back home instead I had flown to Delhi. I just couldn't handle my mother's controlling nature. Now I will have to face what I tried escaping at any cost. I left a message to my pilot about the journey and started the required process. A thought crossed my mind which made me smile, mom needs a perfect answer and I have it with me.

***

I got afternoon slot for my charted plane.  After walking through the private gateway , we made our way to the plane. ''Adi taking us isn't a good idea.'' Anjali said

''Hey, I have never seen that kingdom of this so called Prince. I am excited'' James tried calming Anjali. 

''I will take this chair.'' Anika jumped on my seat all excited. Grabbing her by arms, I lifted her up cuddling her . She giggled lighting up the surroundings . James pulled Anjali in his lap making her gasp, Anika covered her eyes, ''Time to close my eyes.''